CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite teams for various games

Posted: 19th September 2010 11:41

Returner

I play a plethora of games, and I know most people play differently. So it'd be cool to see favorite teams (and strategy set-ups) for various RPG-esque games. hit me with your best shot!

(And yes, even Computer Risk is accepted, and I do have a very good game plan for that game!)
Post #187769
Posted: 19th September 2010 15:19

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Blitzkrieg @ 19th September 2010 11:41)
I play a plethora of games, and I know most people play differently. So it'd be cool to see favorite teams (and strategy set-ups) for various RPG-esque games. hit me with your best shot!

(And yes, even Computer Risk is accepted, and I do have a very good game plan for that game!)

Ok i'l be the first to take a dive at this:

Final fantasy 6:I usually go with having gau and edgar in my team as much as i can.

I also use cyan a lot or sabim because sabim is a solid hitter.

I use celes and terra a lot as well because they are great casters.

In final fantasy 7 i always have at least tifa and barret or i may vary towards either yuffie or cait sith.

In rpg games like ultima 3 for an example,there isn't much use in selecting all melee because you will suffer.and hybrids and casters are the best combo.

The better the hybrid class,the better it is at leveling the class up.

In super mario rpg,i like to vary a little depending on the circumstances.

Having bowser can sometimes be extremely beneficial,and having a healer like princess toadstool is very nice.

In suikoden 2,i like to aim for the easiest victory possible always.

The strategy i use may vary depending on the situation.

Against really tough melee groups,i use arrows to weaken them and charge at them if possible because powerhouse groups like lucas and the generals are bound to be a royal pain to kill.

In suikoden 2,some of my favorite teams consist of having nanami and the hero and also jowy due to their combo strings.

Nanami has family combo attack since they trained together and this attack is combined forces to hit one enemy for twice as much damage.

With jowy,you get an attack for hitting all enemies which is quite nice.

In suikoden its always best to know what is useful for the situation and prepar for the worse.

In the lucas fight,you want strong defense teams with good magic in the back row and combo fighters in front.

The reason for this is pretty obvious:He eats teams for breakfast and will rip you apart if you don't have the best armor and weapons equipped.

In final fantasy 4 for the gameboy advance,i liked using yang and cid in my team.

I just really like cid and yang as characters.

I do think that the other characters are good as well so i like to use them as well.

In mmorpgs,i seem to always be leaning towards caster classes.

I just love being the damage delaer dishing out tones of damage and wreaking havoc.

In world of warcraft,i had a level 80 warlock and i went on a killing spree murdering people from behind casting fear and dots dots stun etc,its a lot of fun.This was ruined for a short time by the constant nerfs of warlocks and turning them from:killing machine gods to:Wimpy free hk for all who want to kill them.

People started to protest and get really angry and even threaten to quit or leave the game or change classes and refuse to play.

They seemed to have improved warlocks again and balance it out,but i haven't tested it yet because i haven't played since last year in october.

In ultima 8 i love being the bad guy summoning skeletons and stealing stuff running away etc.

Breaking the law in games like oblivion and getting away or getting arrested and bribing guards is very fun.

I think they honestly did a pretty good job with things like that and making you gain infamy was also clever.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 19th September 2010 15:23

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #187770
Posted: 20th September 2010 01:20

Returner

As implied by my name I like physical rushes.

So in FFVI I always used
Edgar - Master's Scroll + Genji Glove
Ultima Blade + Lightbringer
other than that I'd have Sabin be my healer/Phantom Rusher
Cyan would Genji Glove as well
and finally I like to have one caster which was Relm - Celestriad + Soul of Thamasa using Ultima +Quick - Ultima, Ultima, Ultima, Ultima for huge damage...it was beneficial.

In FFVII I always ALWAYS used
Cloud - Ultima weapon + Hp materia with a mime materia and all-slass or whatever
Barret - KOTR + mime + best weapon and HP materia
Nanaki (Red XIII) mime + best weapon + HP materia + Curative stuffs

Of course in Super Mario RPG it was harder to find a good physical wall team, so I usually invested in Bowser and Princess Toadstool

Suikoden II was quite easy to just rush battles, so I prettymuch went offensive and didn't care about defense

WoW (which I barely played) I was a Lv. 35 warrior or some shit (back in the day) running aggro is my job, and it's all I ever did.

I never got into the Ultima series.

FFIV was one of my least favorite FFs so I only finished it once, can't remember shit, lol.

Oblivion it was super hard to just beef up your physical, so I went with athletics and restorative magics while beefing up my armorer, heavy armor, and claymore stuffs.

One game you didn't mention was Final Fantasy Tactics
This is simple
Not mentioning special chars (only generic)(Jobs mentioned = mastered)
Knight with Punch Art, Hamedo, Dual Wield, Teleport
Samurai with Punch Art, Idon'tremember, Dual Wield, teleport
and another of the same Knight
Having the abilities of a monk lets you revive, heal, attack from afar, and status cures while hamedo makes it where you rarely get actually physically hurt (considering you'll either counter, or since you're a knight, you'll block that shizz), Dual Wield explains itself, and teleport does too
And the samurai is practically the same except it's more of a long range fighter that can also heal
Post #187779
Posted: 27th September 2010 12:15

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
In Final Fantasy VI, I always preferred the two women (Terra and Celes) in my party, for magic obviously, and because they're women. happy.gif The other two being Shadow (mainly for his throwing ability and his awesome look) and Sabin for his brute physical strength, especially when he's equipped with the Genji Glove with double claws. And can't forget Bum Rush.

In Final Fantasy VII, once Aeris died, I only really liked to have Cloud, Tifa and Barret in my party. Vincent was cool, but I've come to realize he's pretty weak.

I'm currently starting Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for the second time. I don't remember a whole lot from my first playthrough, so with the fact that near the end, you can make up any party you want, I'll see what my favorite team will be. Last time, I think I had Palom and Porom in my party, along with Cecil, Kain and I forget who else. I think Rydia. But I think I'll try some other options this time.

This post has been edited by Fatal on 27th September 2010 12:18

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #187931
Posted: 27th September 2010 19:04

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Lucca, Frog, Magus.

Strago, Sabin, Gau, Terra.

Mario, Mallow, Bowser.

I tend to pick characters I like for flavor reasons, and then figure out the strategy using them.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #187941
Posted: 27th September 2010 20:54

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
OK, I'll bite. I'll do this for three games that CoN covers and three that don't. I'll avoid SRPGs because that would be like listing ten characters per game, and I'll avoid Tales Of because I'd be here all day talking about combinations.

Terra, Celes, Relm, Strago. Lots and lots of magic. All kinds of magic. The only reason I don't use Gau (even though he's probably the most useful character in the game) is because I don't like the lack of control and the only reason I don' t use Gogo (despite the enormous variety) are his awful stats. I only wish Strago's Magic Power stat was more appropriately higher.

Crono, Ayla, Robo. Lots and lots of physical attacks. It has huge physical damage, group healing, powerful Dual Techs, and surprisingly reasonable magic damage. In the DS version you can give Robo the Apocalypse Arm and use it and the Bronze Fist to watch 9s roll across the screen over and over.

Cloud, Barret, and Cid. Lots and lots of multi-hitting Limit Breaks. I like those three characters because they have high Strength, good durability, and extremely powerful 4th-level Limit Breaks. That's where the big damage in FF VII happens, so that's how I build up the team.

Mario, Geno, and Bowser. Healing? I don't need no stinkin' healing. That's what items are for! I'll take the three hardest-hitters, thanks. Mallow and Princess have some great spells, but you need to eat through a lot of FP to do good damage with them. Geno and Bowser have great damage for much less FP; plus, Bowser's the game's best tank and Geno's the game's fastest character to boot.

Kevin, Hawk, and Carlie (Death Hand, Night Blade, and Bishop). This team will wreck the entire game. Kevin and Hawk are very consistent physical offense (especially Death Hand Kevin, especially at night), and Carlie's saber spells and healing magic will make every single boss battle like eating a cookie. For some more icing on this bakery analogy, Carlie's Turn Undead spell makes the Mirage Palace final dungeon unbelievably easy and Hawk can use his great stat-reduction and status spells for whatever you please.

Vyse, Aika, Fina, and Drachma. I know that some people here won't know what game I'm talking about, but I don't care. SoA has the first three characters mandatory, with a choice of three for the final spot by the endgame. I swear I'm the only person in the world that likes using Drachma. He is a little less effective offensively than Gilder and is flat-out the worst at magic of all the characters, but that's not important. What's important is that his huge defensive stats make him nigh-unkillable and if you use Spirit Charge every turn then you'll have more SP for the other three characters than you'll know what to do with while making him EVEN TOUGHER. Drachma's a beast and don't you forget it.

--------------------
Post #187942
Posted: 1st October 2010 16:05

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Suppose I could post a few.

FF9 would be ZIDANE STEINER VIVI DAGGER more or less.
Also replace DAGGER for EIKO every now and then.

FF7 was CLOUD RED XIII and TIFA.
TIFA was replaced for VINCENT every now and then even so.

SMRPG was MARIO BOWSER PEACH for sure.
FFXIII was LIGHTNING HOPE SNOW.

There are so many others I could post but these are good enough.

This post has been edited by vividesu on 1st October 2010 16:05
Post #188056
Posted: 1st October 2010 16:37

Engineer

Awards:
Hmm...

Gau, Celes, Setzer, Shadow

Cloud, Cid, Vincent

Hito-Shura, Shiva, Metatron, Mithra

Mario, Geno, Bowser

Serge, Leena, Glenn

Hawk, Lise, Duran

Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Rapha, Beowulf

Shuma-Gorath, Omega Red, Jin

Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Yukiko

Chrono, Robo, Ayla

Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, Eiko

Ico, Yorda

This post has been edited by trismegistus on 1st October 2010 16:39

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #188057
Posted: 1st October 2010 23:43

Returner

Oh, OH..Please do list your combos for Tales (Symphonia, Symphonia2, and Phantasia are the ones that I beat.)
Post #188072
Posted: 2nd October 2010 02:45

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Fun fun.

FFVI: Cyan, Shadow, Setzer, Mog
I pick my characters mostly based on story. Thus, Cyan for his emotional backstory, Shadow for his mysteriuos past / awesomeness, Setzer for his awesomeness and Mog because, well, it's Mog.

FFIV: Cecil, Kain, Edge, Cid, Yang.
Kain was definitely my favorite character from this game, in large part due to the fact that I really felt for the guy. Cecil was also quite interesting, though. I've always sorta admired the fighting monk type, with his silent manner and whatnot, so Yang was a clear favorite. As far as the others, well, I tend to prefer physical attackers.

FFX: Auron, Wakka, Rikku
Auron is easily my favorite character in any FF game. He's tough, secretive and has an awesome history. And theme song. Wakka is a pretty fun, lighthearted guy who has a nice entertainment value aside from his tactical value. Rikku... funny story, she was my mage. I have no idea what came over me to make that decision biggrin.gif

FFXIII: Lightning, Sazh, Fang
Why not get a little recent here? Lightning is just an interesting all-around character. And pretty BA. Fang is useful as a tank, and therefore fits my interest in physical characters. Sazh is sorta like the Wakka to my FFXIII: he's pretty entertaining. When it was time to be serious, though, Sazh had a lot of depth to him. To be honest, I was interested in most of the characters from this game: that was its biggest strength, IMO.

This post has been edited by Death Penalty on 2nd October 2010 02:46

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #188076
Posted: 2nd October 2010 04:10

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
FF6: Locke, Terra, Relm and Shadow

ToS: Sheena, Presea, Genis and Raine

TotA: Anise, Tear, Jade and Natalia

SMT P4: MC, Yosuke, Yukiko and Kanji

--------------------
Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave Spam!
Post #188079
Posted: 4th October 2010 06:08

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
My favorite FFIV party available in the original game:

Cecil, Rosa, Rydia, Edge, FuSoYa. Everyone has magic, and that annoying Kain isn't around.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #188134
Posted: 5th October 2010 14:42

Dragoon

Awards:
FFI: Knight, Ninja, Black Wizard and White Wizard

FFII: Firion is a damage dealer, Maria heals and does magic, Guy and Leon are also damage dealers.

FFIII: Havent beaten yet.

FFIV: Cecil, Palom, Porom, Cid, and Yang work well in my play style.

FFV: I tend to make Krile a mage, and mastered White and Black on her.
Faris is usally a speed character, Bartz does my main damage with Rapid FIre, and Lenna is the mutli-purpose character.

FFVI: Locke with Ultima Weapon + Genji Glove + Offering = 8 hits of damage, usually at 9999. Terra with dual cast is my primary mage. Edgar and Mog are key damage dealers.

FFVII: Cid, Cloud, and Barret, mainly for the limit breaks.

FFVIII: Zell, Squall and Quistis, again for the same reason above

FFIX: Eiko (Best White Mage), Zidane (does 9999 damage with a basic attack), Steiner (same reason as Zidane), Quina (Frog Drop and Mighty Guard)

FFX: Varies alot, recently it has been Rikku, Tidus, and Wakka, with Auron and Yuna as alternates.

FFXII: Vaan, Basch, and Penelo with mastered grids, Penelo does healing, Vaan is the backup healer, but is primarily a tank, and Basch is my Damage Dealer

FFT: Varies

FFTA: multiple dual wielding characters and a gunner with high strength, concentrate, and counter.

FFTA2: Varies

Tales of Symphonia: Lloyd (Damage Dealer), Presea (Tank), Raine (Main Healer), and Zelos (Damage Dealer, Backup healer)

Chrono Trigger: Crono, Frog, an Ayla
Post #188189
Posted: 11th October 2010 00:53

Black Waltz

Awards:
I don't think it's very strategic but I pretty much go with same build on about any games

melee + range + support

doesn't apply to games like ff6 but something like
tales of phantasia: cless+chester+mint

and since wc3 has rpg-like elements...
Knights+rifleman+priest
bear+dryad
abom+fiend+necro
tauren+HH+shaman

l2
glad+HE+EE/PP meh
not that creative xD

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #188371
Posted: 24th January 2012 00:36

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Hey, remember this thread? I'm going to post teams from four BioWare games plus two handheld RPGs. Because I want to. Free internets to anyone who knows those last two games without resorting to Google. .

Arcane Warrior / Spirit Healer Warden, Leliana, Morrigan, Wynne. Mages are broke in Dragon Age. And a Warden with AW and SH is unkillable. 3 Mages and a Rogue, specced however you want with at least one healer, are so overpowered that I was able to beat Hard when I had no right to.

S&S / Templar Hawke, Varric, Bethany, Anders. It's a weird party, but it works! Hawke tanks while Varric, the game's best source of DPS, plays shooting gallery. Bethany and Anders do nothing but heal and cast Haste spells all day long (plus some supporting fire here and there), and enemies drop like narcoleptics.

Adept/Nemesis Shepard (bonus Assault Rifles), Garrus, Wrex. Everyone gets an assault rifle! Wrex is the game's best tank, Garrus has solid Tech and great offense, and an Adept has the biotics to rule the battlefield. The only thing missing from this team is Medicine, but there is such great gunning at every range and a full compliment of biotics so... I get by.

Sentinel Shepard (bonus Energy Drain), Samara, Garrus. I actually change my party lineup a lot in Mass Effect 2, but this is my favorite setup. Garrus gives AP ammo to everyone and uses Concussive Shot while Samara Throws, Pulls, and Reaves. Shepard mostly sits around zapping shields with ED and blowing up biotics with Warp. Tech Armor is an incredibly powerful skill, resetting your companions' cooldowns. This Shepard doesn't have great firepower, but your shields will never run out and you'll be able to strip off every type of defenses.

Stocke, Aht, Eruca. I think this is a common party, but for good reason. Aht and Eruca's magic skills are ridiculous, and Eruca can use Trans-Turn to give Aht and Stocke more turns to play battlefield chess with magic traps if necessary. The only weaknesses are a lack of a pulling character plus the fact that this is a fragile party. Doesn't matter when enemies are getting zero turns before they fry.

Estelle, Joshua, Olivier, Kloe. Estelle is pretty good at most things and has some really good special moves. Joshua is a powerful speed demon by the endgame, and I would use him even if he was allowed to leave the team. But for your two slots where you choose the character, I go all magic. Kloe has easy access to every important healing spell in the game, and allows Estelle to forego defensive magic for more power. Olivier is such a great mage that it's a little ridiculous, able to have top-level spells in three elements easily, and he can also be a backup healer in a pinch. Character speed is all average or better, and the only downside is a slightly low physical offense. I loved the characters in this game - it was definitely my favorite RPG of 2011.

--------------------
Post #199114
Posted: 25th January 2012 00:40

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Of the RPGs I can think of...

FFI: Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage.

FFIV: Cecil, Rosa, Edge, Kain, Edward. Kain gets in over Rydia just because of Abel's Lance.

FFVI: Terra, Celes, Locke, Relm. Locke focuses on pure physical, speed, and buff spells; Relm's pure offensive magic (Celestriad + Soul of Thasama + Ultima = Overkill); Celes is physical and healing magic; Terra does Red Mage duty.

FFVII: Cloud, Barret, Cid. Cloud focuses on attack magic, Barret on physical, and Cid does physical and healing duty.

FFXIII: Lightning, Hope, Fang. Hope usually as a Ravager and occasional support duty, Fang usually as Commando or Sentinel, and Lightning serving as a Red Mage-esque fighter.

FF Tactics: Ramza (Squire with Javelin II, low Faith, Blade Grasp), Mustadio (with elemental guns and Item), Orlandu (no explanation required X3), Beowulf (with White Magic, Absorb Used MP, Half of MP, Move-MP Up), Cloud (Geomancer with Limit and Short Charge, spamming Finish Touch).

Chrono Trigger: Crono, Frog, Magus. Crono has high speed and excellent physical power, Frog's fast with Red Mage qualities, and Magus just blasts everything to oblivion.

Super Mario RPG: Mario, Bowser, Geno in the field; occasionally subbing out Geno for Toadstool for boss battles. Heck, Geno could make a party by himself against mooks once you Know About Timed Hits, absorbing every attack that comes his way and one-shotting everything

Mass Effect: Vanguard!Shepard (w/Electronics), Garrus, Liara. A healthy dose of heavy firepower at both short and long range along with a helping of tech and biotics.

Mass Effect 2: Vanguard!Shepard (w/Energy Drain), Garrus, Thane. Set Garrus and Thane up from a distance with sniper rifles, then Charge to my heart's content. Plus, powers to take on armour (Incendiary/AP Ammo), shields (Energy Drain and Overload), and barriers (Concussive Shot).

Pokemon Crystal: Umbreon, Jigglypuff, Typhlosion, Lanturn, Jynx.

Wow, just looking through this makes me realize my love for Red Mage-type fighters... X3

--------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this sign. This sign loves you.
Post #199122
Posted: 24th February 2012 05:56

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
My original master team in Pokémon Blue (if I had gotten to trade-evolve them): fearow, golem, pikachu, gyarados, alakazam, venusaur

My most awesome FFVI team, revised from above: Terra, Sabin, Gogo, Strago or Gau

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 24th February 2012 05:57

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #199465
Posted: 1st March 2012 09:20

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
There's quite a lot here. I've noticed that my teams are based around doing the least effort and the least time in battle. I like characters or setups that have a high damage attack that doesn't really need to be trained e.g. Amarant's Throw or Gau's Cat Scratch. Alternatively I go for the team I like the most either because of their character or they have the best chat. However I will always choose a good battle party over someone I like more e.g. Penelo over Balthier.

FFVI
Locke - For stealing plus I really like the guy. smile.gif
Relm - I was really enjoying myself in the later game so with Fake Moustache I was having a bit of fun Controlling enemies; two things, first of all apparently she's got the highest Magic stat in the game and secondly Controlling a Marlboro and getting it to sneeze itself off the screen is hilarious.
Gau - Cat Scratch carried me through the game until literally the last fight.
Edgar - Not completely necessary but Tools were easy and useful for the early game and I ended up hanging on to him.

FFVII
Cloud / Barret / Cid: For the best chat.
Cloud / Red XIII / Aeris, Tifa: For the best story chat if I'm feeling like I want to really get into the plot.
Cloud / Cait Sith / Barret: Probably the best team in the game taking into account stats and Limit Breaks.
Cloud / Tifa / Cait Sith: Speed run team! Tifa with Powersoul Deathblow etc and Cait with the HP and Magic.

FFT
Ramza / Orlandu / Meliadoul / Generics

Must admit I didn't discover all the unique characters in this game but if anyone is similar to the high damage low effort of Orlandu and Meliadoul (Cloud?) then I'd take them. Strategy is fairly similar in each fight. I really liked Teleport so I would position my team as far away from the enemy as possible then teleport them around the map to wherever was strategically the best; usually high ground and almost always picking off specific mages or lone enemies.

FFVIII
Squall / Zell / Selphie: As far as I know this is the best team in the game, Zell and Selphie have the second best Limit Breaks to Squall; The End.

FFIX
Zidane - For stealing, and so the game lets me continue.
Freya - Dragon Crest will do 9999 after killing an hour or so worth of Ironites.
Steiner - Shock is another 9999 plus getting Excalibur II is worthwhile; his Trance is fking cool.
Amarant - His Throws are unreal for damage.

With that team we can fight Ozma without needing to 1) level, and 2) fight those magic pixie creature things to physically attack him. Everything else in the game is a breeze as well. Heal with items and give Steiner the Blood Sword baby!

FFX
Yuna - I do the Advanced Sphere grid and send her off down Auron's path. Once the strength starts to add up her Aeons are unbeatable. It's also quite funny to watch her stagger up to the enemy, make a wimpy noise, swing her stick like a fool and somehow do 6000 damage. Even better in the endgame when it's 99,999.
Kimahri - He says the least during battle and Self Destruct is always good for a giggle.
Wakka - I quite like his battle chat. In the early and mid game his Dark Attack and so on are really useful plus he has a long range attack. In the endgame he's the best character in the game with Attack Reels. Each hit of 99,999 adds up to something ridiculous.

FFX-2
Now then I did play this game all the way through but I sort of skipped the gameplay if that makes sense. I didn't do any levelling and I just kept bringing out Rikku's special dress sphere yellow mini tank thing which has that Vajra attack I'll never forget. I used this to beat everything. Everything! I don't know anything about the other dress spheres. That was my team and my strategy.

FFXII
Ashe - Great main character. Has some of the best fighting animations. Unfortunately when she's using a two-handed sword she looks like she's just stolen it and is running away.
Basch - Similar to Ashe his fighting animations are cool. Especially when he's just using his fists. Nothing quite like when he gets a multiple knee hit combo on a single enemy.
Penelo - I think she has a much better speed or magic stat than the others. Can't remember right now.

FFXIII
Lightening / Fang / Snow

I had a lot of love for RAV RAV COM then RAV RAV RAV until the enemy is staggered, then COM COM COM to kick him into the air and watch the three of them knocking the stuffing out of whatever's up there. These three characters are the only ones that can do this. With the right role changing it's possible to get them to go up in the air at different times resulting in a juggle. Forgetting the obvious benefits of this, it's pretty funny!

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #199569
Posted: 1st March 2012 21:12

Behemoth

Awards:
Pokemon Silver: Blastoise, Snorlax, Pidgeot, Gengar, Aerodactyl (all from Pokemon Blue), and Typhlosion

ME1: Garrus and Liara (mostly for story reasons, because I liked their characters).

ME2: Garrus and either Grunt, Jacob, or Tali

ME3: I'll probably continue with Liara and Garrus, firstly because of story and secondly because I like the combination of power and biotics

CT: Crono, Robo, Frog

FFVII: Cloud, Barret, Tifa

--------------------
Post #199584
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: