CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Good gaming deals

Posted: 1st June 2012 18:45

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
The latest Humble Bundle is a DAMN good deal. You can get Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, LIMBO, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP with a donation, and if it's more than $7.70 (right now) you'll get Bastion as well. Really an unbeatable deal especially if you only have one or zero of those games already.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Also, Saints Row 3 is $17 this weekend only, and I had a superblast playing it. If you like GTA but thinks it takes itself a bit too seriously, it's for you.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #200367
Posted: 19th June 2012 22:38

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Steam is currently featuring a Cube Pack, which includes these games for $9.99:
* QUBE
* Blocks That Matter
* Edge
* RUSH
* Bit Trip Runner
* Critical Mass

Gamers Gate is featuring their second Indie Fort Bundle, which contains these games for a minimum of $5.99:
* Fortix 2
* Aztaka
* Dark Scavenger
* DEMISE Ascension
* Intrusion 2
* Fate Of The World DLC - upgrade and Tipping Point (I do NOT know whether this DLC is Steam-redeemable if you have FotW on Steam)
* Bastion - soundtrack (only)

Indie Royale is currently offering the June Bug Bundle, which features:
* Pixel Junk Eden (steam only)
* Escape Goat (debut on windows and desura)
* Noitu Love 2: Devolution
* Auditorium
* alpha-version preview of Iconoclasts
* various music (more music if you pay $7)
The price is roughly $5, give or take twenty cents or so depending on when you look at it.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 19th June 2012 22:38

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #200483
Posted: 22nd June 2012 01:26
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
75% off everything Deux Ex on steam. DE, IW, HR and all the DLC. If ya haven't gotten all up ins this franchise, now's a good time to start.

--------------------
Post #200507
Posted: 22nd June 2012 15:59

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Someone gifted me the original Deus Ex (GOTY edition) on Steam and I have yet to play more than the tutorial... sleep.gif

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #200514
Posted: 22nd June 2012 17:14

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 22nd June 2012 16:59)
Someone gifted me the original Deus Ex (GOTY edition) on Steam and I have yet to play more than the tutorial... sleep.gif

Then you're really missing out, it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Post #200515
Posted: 2nd July 2012 14:25

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Wait, has anyone said The Orange Box?

I mean, five games, people.

(granted, some of them are rather short...)
Post #200564
Posted: 14th July 2012 08:50

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I guess someone has to mention that the Steam summer/mid-year sale is going on right now.

The two Ys games on Steam are on sale:
* Ys Origin - base price $19.99, current price $11.99
* Ys: the Oath of Felghana - base price $14.99, current price $5.09

As are Carpe Fulgur's offerings:
* Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale - base price $19.99, current price $9.99
* Chantelise: a Tale of Two Sisters - base price $9.99, current price $4.99
* Fortune Summers - base price $19.99, current price $9.99

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #200676
Posted: 14th July 2012 15:55

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Ys Origin has been discounted to $7.99 for just the next five hours.

(Apologies for the double-post.)

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 14th July 2012 15:57

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #200679
Posted: 29th November 2012 02:05

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Starcraft 2 is on sale for $20 at AmaCoN, which is a really great deal considering that Blizzard games rarely lose their value on the shelves. If you've been putting it off (especially with an expansion due in March) it's a good opportunity.

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

--------------------
Post #201608
Posted: 13th December 2012 18:12

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Duke Nukem 3D is free at Good Old Games until tomorrow 2:59 PM GMT (9:59 AM EST). It's DRM-free too.

Yes, that means "if you grab it now you'll have it for free for the rest of time".

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 13th December 2012 18:13

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201767
Posted: 15th December 2012 08:58

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
So it turns out that GOG.com actually is having their annual end-of-year sale.

This means that most titles are discounted by 50%. Check their catalogue page for a complete list. There are also various promos at any given time, such as these RPGs which are 75% off ($3.74 each) at the moment. And as always, its offerings are all DRM-free (with very few exceptions).

As for myself, I just found out that they have Duke Nukem 1 (3 episodes) and 2 (4 episodes) for $2.99 currently. I played those games years ago, and I love DN1--it's one of the best platformers I've ever played. I first got them on floppies from a friend, and I played the crap out of the shareware first episode (while I had trouble getting the other two to work). Considering how much fun it is, and the fact that I've never actually paid for it and I also really want to play the 2nd and 3rd episodes...yeah, worth it.

(Also, come to think of it, I think each level is basically like a mini-metroidvania. It's non-linearly structured and requires a lot of exploration and backtracking to get keys to keyholes and to use powerups to access new areas.)

I'm also likely getting La-Mulana, which is 50% off at $7.49. As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's an immense game with meticulously-designed details and a very rich soundtrack. Would have bought it at Playism but there isn't a 50% discount there.

Might also get Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, which is going for $8.99 (40%) off. I haven't seen this drop below that price even during the Thanksgiving sale on Steam.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201783
Posted: 15th December 2012 09:39

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Hahah.. the grammatical howlers in that La Mulana trailer had me chuckling.
"Closing up the road of the adventure is.... Plenty of ordeals "
!!!!!
I was considering getting LM but after trying it out on my friend's Wii its actually a bit intimidating
Thanks for posting, Glenn.

Edit: Thought you'd like to know that LM is on Steam Greenlight atm and anyone interested in the game should vote for it to be added to the Steam store. Any idea how long the GOG deal will last, Glenn? I want the game but not sure what platform to get it on, or may hold off and see if it appears on steam.

This post has been edited by Blinge Odonata on 15th December 2012 12:25

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #201784
Posted: 15th December 2012 14:22

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Steam is still PC platform, and if anything GOG's DRM-free version is better since it's not attached to a wrapper. That said, I've voted for La-Mulana on Greenlight already.

The GOG deal will probably last until shortly past the new year.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201785
Posted: 15th December 2012 15:01

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
aw.. don't be wielding the corrector stick, man. By what platform I meant PC or Wii

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #201786
Posted: 15th December 2012 17:14

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Oh, sorry, I misread what you meant; I didn't know you were considering getting it on the Wii.

I'm getting it on PC but that's in part because I don't have a Wii.

I don't expect LM to come out on Steam this winter season/end-of-year sales event (since the new release's publicity will be dwarfed by other sales and since new releases usually only get a 10% discount and this wouldn't cut it during the big sale), but still, it could.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201787
Posted: 19th December 2012 13:33

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
The recent re-release of FF7 on PC is $5.99 right now from the official Squenix store: http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqen...00#.UNHB3XfXvL4

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #201851
Posted: 19th December 2012 19:13

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
There's a phenomenal "end of the world" sale going on right now on GOG.com for the next 20 hours. 75% off over 100 games, incl. the entire Ultima and Might & Magic series. There's a bundle w/ Deus Ex 1+2, Thief 1+2+3, and Anachronox for only $13. That's this kind of deal it is.

Sale items are on the GOG front page.

--------------------
Post #201859
Posted: 19th December 2012 22:13

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
^ Another one of those deals puts La-Mulana, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and three other games into a bundle for $14.95. biggrin.gif

Speaking of La-Mulana, it's likely to be featured in the Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle, as well. Along with its soundtrack (which GOG lacks, unexpectedly). I might just get both because it's a shut-up-and-take-my-money game and because the soundtrack is among the best game soundtracks I've heard.

@R51: Is that version supposed to work (and not crash) on PCs with Windows 7? Do you know what DRM it has, if any?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 19th December 2012 22:18

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201863
Posted: 14th February 2013 18:48

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Hey lasz, I thought you said February tends to be a slow month for the game industry!

Indie Royale - The Valentines Bundle 2.0
Groupees - Be Mine Anniversary
Indie Gala - The Indie Gala Colossus
Steam for Linux release celebration sale

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 14th February 2013 18:49

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #202410
Posted: 15th February 2013 15:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
AmaCoN US has 12-month Xbox Live Gold cards and codes for $40. Retail is $60. Not sure how long this deal will be going.

http://amzn.to/xF8S4G

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #202421
Posted: 26th February 2013 13:26

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Plants vs Zombies is Apple's "App of the Week" so it's free this week on iOS. DEFINITELY worth grabbing, it's a nice timewaster while on the train or... toilet.

--------------------
Post #202588
Posted: 26th February 2013 16:56

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Neal @ 26th February 2013 08:26)
Plants vs Zombies is Apple's "App of the Week" so it's free this week on iOS. DEFINITELY worth grabbing, it's a nice timewaster while on the train or... toilet.

This is a great deal if you have any iOS device. I never really played any castle defense games before PvZ, but this one is so good that I've actually purchased it more than once. The sequel is in the works, too, so this is a great time to gear up for it (and is probably part of the reason why it's App of the Week).

--------------------

Post #202590
Posted: 27th February 2013 15:03

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Double post! If you're a mobile gamer, you probably use earbuds from time to time. Or, even if you're not and have a MP3 player, or something like that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...em-_-26-106-589 are my favorite earbuds I've ever used, and they're only $15 today only. You should really get a pair. They're a great brand and while these are their "budget" earbuds, they're fantastic. Durable, good sound, and they fit well due to having three sizes of in-ear cups.

--------------------

Post #202602
Posted: 6th March 2013 10:59

Awards:
Myself and Mr. Magus Harvey have thrown the term 'Metroidvania' around a bit recently.
Surely Castlevnia: Symphony of the Night needs no introduction, but let's just say it supplies the 'vania' part of that term. It's arguably the most loved title in the series, and I'm posting now to inform any EU gamers who're interested, that its finally on the PSN store for us now. It's not too expensive, either.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
Post #202663
Posted: 5th April 2013 13:34

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Pretty ridiculous deal going on right now on Amazon, with Borderlands 2 on sale for $30. That's 50% off for an amazing game that's only about 6 months old. Definitely worth it!

Borderlands 2

--------------------
Post #203025
Posted: 15th April 2013 21:10

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
My favorite indie studio, Zeboyd Games, has all three of their Steam games on sale right now. All three together is just a $1US.

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 is 80% off

Double-pack of Breath of Death VII: The Beginning and Cthulhu Saves the World is 66% off

Those are three extremely entertaining games that cost a total of $2. Worth every penny. Parody RPGs from a very talented two-man team.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 16th April 2013 00:36

--------------------
Post #203128
Posted: 17th April 2013 18:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (laszlow @ 15th April 2013 16:10)
My favorite indie studio, Zeboyd Games, has all three of their Steam games on sale right now. All three together is just a $1US.

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 is 80% off

Double-pack of Breath of Death VII: The Beginning and Cthulhu Saves the World is 66% off

Those are three extremely entertaining games that cost a total of $2. Worth every penny. Parody RPGs from a very talented two-man team.

Jumped on this. I own the first two PAA games and haven't played them, and now I have the full (current) set. And haven't played any of them.

--------------------

Post #203149
Posted: 4th May 2013 15:41

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
This probably counts as a GREAT gaming deal rather than a good one. You can get Bioshock Infinite for $28 at Game Deal Daily. It sends you a Steam key after you get it. I just bought it myself... I don't think we'll see a deal this good even in this summer's Steam sale.

--------------------
Post #203262
Posted: 8th May 2013 00:40

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
The fine folks of Humble Bundle have a new deal for us in a collaboration with Double Fine. Any amount gets you Psychonauts, Stacking, and Costume Quest. Paying over the average (currently at $7.98) also gets you Brutal Legend. Paying over $35 adds a preorder for the upcoming title The Broken Age (in case you didn't support it on KickStarter). Paying $70 or over gets you all of that plus a Double Fine T-shirt. Hell, Psychonauts alone is worth the eight bucks.

--------------------
Post #203290
Posted: 17th May 2013 10:59

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
My second-favorite game downloading service, GOG, has a big ol' Ubisoft sale today: mother****ing Black Dragons. 50% off for entire Heroes of Might & Magic series, recent Prince of Persia games (Sands of Time to PoP 2008), Far Cry 1 & 2, RayMan 1 and 2, etc. Most games are $3 or $5 USD.

--------------------
Post #203379
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: