CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF6 Rock Soundtrack

Posted: 15th September 2002 03:00
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2003. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
alrighty then. Sab and I were talking a couple days back and we began talking about a "music inspired by FF6 album". Well, we talked it over and came up with a list of some songs to go with characters or situations.

Shadow: "Epiphany" -Staind... Why?: this song is a really low tune and it's really depressing. Kinda like Shadow's past. Some of the lyrics really fit the character of Shadow too. ("It's always raining in my head, forget all the things I should have said")

Edgar: "So Fresh, So Clean" -Outkast... Why?: The song is about pimpin' it out. Ya know, I'm so fresh and so clean, all the girls want me (Edgar only wishes)... yeah

Sabin: "Crackerman" -Stone Temple Pilots... Why?: I don't know about you, but whenever I think Sabin, I think a driving, melodic rock song... nothing too heavy, but no soft girly nickelback stuff. I found this one particularly Sabin-ish

Locke: "Stuck in a Moment" -U2... Why?: Well, Locke feels responsible for Rachel and he keeps thinking about that moment. So, he's stuck in a moment he can't get out of... that's where that came from

Cyan: "Suffer" -Staind... Why?: basically the title tells the story. Cyan is a suffering man. Thus, that song

Kefka: "Operate, Annihilate" -Powerman 5000... Why?: again, the title of the song is the reason. Kefka wants to annihilate all. This song, while with good heavy guitar riffs, the lyrics can kinda relate. especially when Spider is screaming "OPERATE, ANNIHILATE!!"... yeah

Relm: "The Middle" -Jimmy Eat World... Why?: i dunno. Sab picked this one. I personally think there are better songs to describe Relm, but none that we've found yet. I guess like "It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle." can describe something about her... i dunno.

Leo: "Innocent" -Fuel... Why?: again, the title tells the story. Leo was innocent and killed in cold blood. Another song we could've done was "Last Time" by Fuel because ya know, "This is the last time." represents his last stand for the empire. But Innocent was the better pick because it's better lyrically for Leo's theme.

we haven't picked out a song for Strago, Celes, Terra, Mog, or Setzer.

oh yeah, here are some scenario themes we also picked out:

Phantom Train: "Ghost Train" -Gorillaz... Why?: :;points to title:: need i say more?

Cyan's Dream: "This is Not" -Static-X... Why? the words of the chorus. ("This is not my life. This is not my home. This is not me. I hate this!") Basically, it's another Cyan theme, but it applies for his nightmare though.

Kefka transforms the world: "It's the End of the World As we Know It" -REM ah, you all knew this was one was coming. :). yeah, it's the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine. ....yeah

that's what we got. if anyone wants to add anything or anything feel free to post and add. (Please do. some reason i feel like this won't be a successful thread >_>)

--------------------
Air force... if you ever join the militant wing, join the Air force

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #2401
Posted: 15th September 2002 03:59
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Setzer = Joker - Steve Miller Band

Cause damb if it don't fit!

Strago = The Wizard - Black Sabbath

Works fer me.

--------------------
Post #2402
Posted: 15th September 2002 07:13

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
GREAT SELECTIONS! Especially since I heart Locke and U2. ^_^
Post #2405
Posted: 15th September 2002 07:15

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Ha, a good one for Terra, had this been a dance compilation, would be that "What is Love?" song.

Moderator Edit
Hey, numbnuts, just because you're staff doesn't mean you can double post.

Moderator Edit
Hey, numbnuts, I host your site. I can double or triple post if I feel like it. ::hovers hand over big red button::

Post #2406
Posted: 15th September 2002 19:24

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The Returners Theme: "Silent Victory" by Living End. because in the song it says "We won't surrender until the end." and that sounds like a motto for the Returners.

Locke and Celes love song: "Call and Answer" by Barenaked Ladies. "If you call, I will answer. If you fall, I'll pick you up. And if you court this disaster, I'll point you home." Doesn't that seem like something Locke would say?

that's what i got

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #2414
Posted: 15th September 2002 22:48
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Urrm...Terra's a toughie.  I'm going to say...

It has to have something with love...that's the entire basis for her...

>_<  >_<  >_< !

It's been awhile -staind

She's confused beyond all belief about her life and emotions, and is troubled by them...and this is the only rock song I can remotely relate to her...

This really isn't a rock song, but it fit's Locke really well:
You've got a friend in me-Randy Newman

In case you haven't heard it, here's the part I can remember...

When the road looks rough ahead,
and your miles and miles from your nice warm bed,
you just remember what your old pal said,
you've got a friend in me.

You've got a friend in me,
You've got a friend in me,
Some of the others may be a little bit smarter than I am,
big and stronger to,
but baby,
none of them, will ever love you,
the way I do,
just me and you,
ohhh...
and as the years go by,
our friendship will never die,
we both see it's our destiny,
you've got a friend.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :)

--------------------
My worst nightmare?

SQUARESOFT SURVIVOR!
OUTLIVE!
OUTSKILL!
OUTPLAY!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Note*  This sig. is meant as it sounds, because who in there right mind would want this?
Post #2422
Posted: 21st September 2002 02:09
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2003. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
Terra is a toughie. But I think that "Crash" DMB is a good one. I don't know what it really means, but i'm assuming it's a song about love.

I was listening to American HiFi the other day when I thought that "Don't Wait For the Sun" would be a good love tune for Setzer and Darryl. The title basically says it, but it sounds like a tune that would be playing in the backround as you see Setzer standing on the hill waiting.

And after I viewed Gau's reunion with his father, I think I found the song for him. "Dad" -Goldfinger. It can kinda relate. "I just wanna take away your pain." Maybe Gau would say that? Maybe.
Or maybe Gau would be better off with a good all-music tune. Something good and percussiony {Gau seems like the one who'd appreciate a good percussion musical} Maybe something like "Triad" by Tool. I dunno, one of those two songs.

still missing one for Mog and Celes. if anyone has any opinions because i am going to dl all these songs and burn em to a cd.

--------------------
Air force... if you ever join the militant wing, join the Air force

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #2576
Posted: 23rd September 2002 02:02

Crusader

Awards:
Rubes, you stole my idea! What is Love would be a good song for Terra, but it's not a rock song, so eh.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #2612
Posted: 23rd September 2002 17:11

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
Umaro- "Slam" by Onyx. Okay, technically, it's not rock, but I think it fits him pretty well.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #2626
Posted: 24th September 2002 02:37
Returner

Awards:
Hmm...Mog?
99 Red Ballons-Goldfinger
It has a carefree, yet sarcastic hint to it, sorta like Mog...

On an after thought, if you decided to go with a humorous note, may I suggest Girls-Motley Crew :E

--------------------
My worst nightmare?

SQUARESOFT SURVIVOR!
OUTLIVE!
OUTSKILL!
OUTPLAY!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Note*  This sig. is meant as it sounds, because who in there right mind would want this?
Post #2640
Posted: 24th September 2002 20:56

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Unknown @ 23 Sep. 2002, 21:37)
99 Red Ballons-Goldfinger
It has a carefree, yet sarcastic hint to it, sorta like Mog...

I wouldn't really call a song about war, carefree...

I really wouldn't mind handing that song to Sabin though.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2667
Posted: 25th September 2002 03:48

Black Mage

Awards:
Locke= "Now That You've Gone Away" by Offspring.

It's a sad, passionate song about lost love, so it works well for Locke.

Come to think of it, It would work well for a number of FFVI characters...

P.S. I'm not sure if that's the actual name of the song. If I'm wrong and someone knows the song I'm talking about, please let me know.

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #2684
Posted: 29th September 2002 07:29
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I think that the theme for the changing of the world or the final battle (either one) should be Rammstein by the band Rammstein.  Seems pretty well suited for the final battle if you ask me: both doom and hope in the same song (ein Massengrab.....die Sonne scheint)

--------------------
Charlie:Let's go to my house,sew a bunch of blankets together and make a circus tent!
Gregg:That would probably make you mom snap...
Me:Then we can collect all the Welcome Mats in uptown Butte,lump them together like an elephant,and charge people five bucks a ride!
::laughter::
-Art Club results
Post #2843
Posted: 29th September 2002 18:14

Lunarian

Awards:
Terra- Rammstein- Altermann
Most of these songs I shoose lyricly. Get a good translation of some of these songs.
Locke- Gravity Kills- Guilty
Basicly, he feels guilty too.
Edgar- Rammstein- Feuer Frei!
Open Fire!
Celes- Bjork- Pagan Poetry
it fits her all too much.
Kefka- Slipknot- Heretic song

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #2861
Posted: 4th October 2002 14:51

Black Mage

Awards:
Theme for the end of the world-"End of the World"-REM :lol:

Kefka-Most anything by ICP, (duh). Probably "Great Milenko", or "I Stab People".

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #3123
Posted: 4th October 2002 17:24

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I've got one for Terra, but it's kinda half in jest. It's Pardon Me, by Incubus. In case you're unfamiliar with the lyrics, here's some of them. Think of Terra in her magitek armour under the slave crown.:

Pardon me while I burst
Pardon me while I burst (oh no..oh no no, no no...)
A decade ago, I never thought I would be.
A twenty three on the verge of spontaneous combustion
woe is me
But I guess that it comes with the territory.
An ominous landscape of never-ending calamity.
I need you to hear. I need you to see.
That I have had all I can take
And exploding seems like a definite possibility
To me

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #3126
Posted: 4th October 2002 23:47

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
Cyan - "In the End" by Linkin Park.  The lyrics sum up his story well.  "Epiphany" by Staind is a close runner up.

Kefka - "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000 (I'm not sure if thats the title but those words sum it up).

Setzer - "Aerials" by System of a Down.  When you think about it, it resembles his lifestyle perfectly.

Sabin - "Stick 'em up!" by Quarashi.  If you heard the song and pictured Sabin's fighting stance, it'd match well.

Gestahl - "Hate me now" by Nas.  The chorus says it all.

Celes - "Undearneath it all" by No Doubt.  I just recently heard it and thought it'd fit well.
Post #3140
Posted: 5th October 2002 03:49
Engineer

Awards:
I feel it is my obligation to nominate a few golden oldies.

Sabin - Scorpions, "Rock You Like A Hurricane".
Kefka - Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil".
Gau - The Beatles, "Yellow Submarine".  It's goofy, like Gau is, and kind of reminds me of the "shiny, shiny" object.
Edgar - Stevie Ray Vaughan, "Life By the Drop".
Shadow - Eric Clapton, "Lonely Stranger", wouldn't always be good because it isn't "menacing" enough.

And a generic good tune would be Guns 'N Roses, "Civil War".

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #3143
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: