CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFIV (SNES) bestiary problems

Posted: 30th December 2010 05:18

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
1. A large number of bosses aren't listed when I select the "bosses" view. These include (but might not be limited to): Bahamut, Calbrena, Attacker, Defender, Balnab, Balnab-Z, Dr. Lugae's first form, Sandy, Cindy, Mindy, Baigan (though his arms are there for some reason), MomBomb, Leviathan, Behemoth, Pale Dim, Zemus, and Zeromus (both forms).

2. The list says Grudger has no type, Screamer has types "machine" and "giant", and Weeper has type "spirit". Are you sure--especially about that second one?

3. Warrior is listed twice.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #191683
Posted: 6th January 2011 00:15

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Ok, the boss markers have been fixed for the SNES version, and Warrior's double listing has been removed as well.

As for the types, I've double checked them all and they seem to be correct. The type "Spirit" was given to ghosts/ghouls in the SNES version; In GBA they renaimed it "Ghoul." Grudger has no type according to all sources I checked, and Screamer's types are correct as well.

Thanks for pointing these out, GMH.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #191905
Posted: 9th January 2011 09:05

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Thank the final stand of the FF4 boss battle theme in which it went up against some other track I forget now (Celes I think). tongue.gif It caused me to go look up all the boss names.

Also, are the bosses supposed to be listed in with the regular enemies?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 9th January 2011 09:06

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #192039
Posted: 9th January 2011 14:36

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 9th January 2011 04:05)
Also, are the bosses supposed to be listed in with the regular enemies?

On the "All Enemies and Bosses" page, yes. If that's happening elsewhere, you'll need to be more specific.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #192048
Posted: 8th March 2011 07:14
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Hey, just found out the links for leather garb in the enemy dropped items list is bad. Alligator/Crocs - as they're called in the FF2/us vers - are the only enemies that appear to drop this item., but the error spans all versions regardless of their name.

Minor side note, but SNES vers doesn't list it as 'leather garb', just 'leather'. I only bring it up because the PS1 vers lists it as leather.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 8th March 2011 07:24

--------------------
Post #193337
Posted: 8th March 2011 13:03

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Thanks, NP, fixed.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #193341
Posted: 10th March 2011 04:22
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Yeesh, I shoulda done a run of this game a long time ago, cause I would've found the following errors right quick:

- Valvalis is listed with only 1000 HP. I'll be honest with ya and say I don't know how much she does have, but I know it's more than that.

- Cal (The Blue Half of the Calbrena dolls) is shown to have 4624 HP. Again, I don't know what the real number is, but I am pretty darn certain that's not accurate as I don't remember 'em taken more than a couple hits to go down.

- Can't find Ironman in the bestiary.

- No enemy sprite shown for enemy Last Arm and it may be up for debate as to whether it would be considered a boss or not. Guess that's neither here nor there...

- Fataleye is listed as a boss. He's a random encounter in the Lunar Subterrane

* all issues in regards to the SNES vers first 'n foremost.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 11th March 2011 03:33

--------------------
Post #193393
Posted: 15th March 2011 23:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I've looked at a few of these. The HP for Valvalis and Cal were definitely wrong, I've updated those to what I believe are right.

FatalEye has the internal marker of a boss in the FF2 US ROM, but having checked GBA, I think that's wrong. I've removed the flag in the database.

Last Arm had that flag set too, and it's wrong there too. Also fixed the sprite for SNES.

Not sure about Ironman yet. Something's odd there. Will come back to it.

--------------------

Post #193504
Posted: 7th April 2011 14:56

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Apologies for the tardiness - All outstanding issues have now been corrected. Please submit any further errors so that they may be incinerated fixed in kind.
Post #194015
Posted: 8th April 2011 22:15
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
You'll want to include a link to Ironman in this section of the walkthrough. I don't know if he's in other sections of the game, but I do know I met him here.

--------------------
Post #194072
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: