CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What is the Best Class to Use Mug as an Ability

Posted: 18th March 2010 07:59
Returner

I have just spent quite a lot of time leveling up a thief to gain access to the mug ability. I had planned on putting it on a berserker as, in other games, mug replaced the attack command thus making the berserker a logical choice. My plan did not work out however and I do not want to have wasted all that time.

So what I am asking is in the topic title. I was thinking either Hunter, Dragoon, or Samurai but I am unsure.

This post has been edited by Donasin on 18th March 2010 07:59
Post #184346
Posted: 18th March 2010 21:20

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Well, not such bad choices, TBH. But keep in mind that with a Dragoon you might deal more damage with the Jump command. Some of my recommended jobs: Monk, Knight, Sorcerer, Ninja, Blue/Red Mage

I don't think it is a question about the best class but about a "fitable" class. Just mostly those dudes who doesn't do anything else then simply attack.
Post #184370
Posted: 19th March 2010 00:48
Returner

Right now my classes are:

Red Mage with Blue Magic
*Will be Mimic with Red3 (my change but red mage has always been my favorite class), Double Cast, and Time Magic 6*

Ninja with Monk's Strength

Sorcerer with the double handed sword ability from the knight

I am trying the Dragoon Mug combo and so far its working well. I am mostly waiting for a decent katana to try samurai. I will test seeing with monk with mug results in two stealing attempts, however.
Post #184378
Posted: 13th May 2010 08:41

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
The Thief, Mime and Freelancer are the only Jobs that can equip the Thief's Gloves, so for item-hoarding those would be the only viable ones. If all you care about is a normal attack with the benefit of stealing, you're looking at classes that can deal enough damage by themselves when attacking, such as the Ninja and Monk. Once you get the Chicken Knife and choose to power it up, basically any Job except for the White Mage will do, though Jobs with more Stamina and Agility are better at it.

Also, the 'steal' part comes after the physical onslaught, not during; neither the Ninja nor the Monk will get two stealing attempts, just one.

--------------------
Post #185580
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: