CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Expanding CoN (ff8 and ff9)

Posted: 19th December 2012 18:10

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I've been following this site for a couple years now, and love the amount of information both in the walkthroughs and misc forums. The only thing though is, since FF7 and tactics are present here, and FF8 and FF9 are also playstation games, is there someone / some way to send and collect data to make new pages for these games? I spend a lot of time grinding in games, and am one of those people who have to find everything before I can finish the game. If its something in progress right now, I am more than capable of playing through the games, troubleshooting the walkthroughs, and finding anything that is missing. If one of the main CoN people can get back to me on this, whether there is any data already formed or not, it would be nice to know if I should work on this. Currently planning on starting a new playthrough of FF8 and can start taking notes of GFs, Draws, and Junctions.

--------------------
That was my sin. And this... this... is my punishment.
Post #201857
Posted: 19th December 2012 18:22

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
There is nothing planned for FF8 or FF9 right now. I am working on redoing the FF6 section with as much help as I can pull together these days (which isn't much, though the people who are helping are certainly trying their hardest). I can't guarantee that we would add them, but if you're playing the games anyway, you should feel free to collect data.

With regards to FF9, were we to add that game, my preference would be to use Shotgunnova's walkthrough. He doesn't come around much any more and I've never spoken to him about it, but I've been told that his walkthrough is phenomenal and I believe it.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #201858
Posted: 19th December 2012 21:48

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
You're redoing 6? does that include re-writing the walkthrough?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #201861
Posted: 19th December 2012 21:53

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 19th December 2012 16:48)
You're redoing 6? does that include re-writing the walkthrough?

It has been rewritten and we are working on editing and writing all the code around it now.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #201862
Posted: 20th December 2012 00:05

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I used Shotgunnova's walkthrough when I played FF9 this year and I would definitely say that it is the superior guide out there, at least the superior guide to be found on gamefaqs.

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #201864
Posted: 20th December 2012 00:45

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Anything in particular you need help on with FF6? I replay it about once a year.

--------------------
That was my sin. And this... this... is my punishment.
Post #201865
Posted: 20th December 2012 17:38

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Iscariot @ 19th December 2012 19:45)
Anything in particular you need help on with FF6? I replay it about once a year.

Right now, most of the things that need done for FF6 are code, which I write, and data entry and text editing, which I am also doing a lot of right now but would prefer not to be. If you (or anyone else out there!) play FF6 a lot, it would be great to have some folks play through the game while using our new walkthrough so we can find any errors, typos, or broken links before it goes public.

--------------------

Post #201872
Posted: 16th June 2013 02:08

Returner

....All this seems very inefficient. > - <
Post #203595
Posted: 16th June 2013 15:36

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (xXSacraUmbraXx @ 15th June 2013 22:08)
....All this seems very inefficient. > - <

Welcome!

You're not wrong, it is a bit inefficient. I suppose it would be a lot faster if we had a more generic website, one where everything was plug and play and there wasn't anything interesting about it. People already fill those niches, though, and they do it admirably and their work is perfectly good.

It's just not the way we want to do things here. We do what we do, and even though we're slow, we do it extremely well. I talk about it some in our first podcast episode, and how we ended up here, if you're curious.

For the time being, though, if you would like us to be more efficient, well, we'd like that too. All you have to do is say you'd like to help, we take just about everyone these days, as long as they're actually willing to help and aren't just talking. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #203597
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: