CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFVI Fanfic: The spinning wheel of fate

Posted: 1st November 2006 07:14

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Alright!, it took me forever with college and everything but I finally got the first chapter of the second installment done and ready for forum postage so without further adeu...

The Spinning Wheel of Fate-II

Chapter one- Post funerary party

Strago had just been buried, the priest pronounced his blessings and oaths and we began exiting the graveyard. Setzer was the first to speak.

“Well, I’ve taken the liberty of preparing for an after party on the airship. We could all stand to be cheered up a bit on this dark day” Setzer proclaimed with characteristic blunt honesty.

No one objected so we all more or less headed over there immediately, even Shadow which surprised me…but then again he also surprised me when he stood up and said his piece about Strago, seems like the man is full of surprises lately. My wife, however, had to stay behind to watch Rachel who was far too young to attend anything hosted by Setzer. The party minus Celes all headed over to the grassy plane south of Thamasa where Setzer had landed his airship, everyone was down and this really wasn’t such a bad idea on Setzer’s part, Strago wouldn’t of wanted us to be dreary and depressed like this. Relm seems to have calmed down a bit with the burial, I hope she takes this better then I took my death…then again…she’s not storing the deceased in basements so that’s already a sign that she’s doing better then I did.

I’m beginning to entertain the thought that I may have been wrong about my harsh judgments of Shadow, but I’ll have to wait and see before I make any sort of change in judgment of the guy. We entered the airship, and boy had Setzer decided to throw a good one. There were four open bars stocked with a variety of beers, stouts, whiskeys, bourbons, scotches, vodkas, wines, meads and some stuff I had never even heard of, not to mention the whole interior was catered out to the max, there was so much…

“FOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!” Sabin shouted with exhilaration and bolted out ahead of everyone towards the network of catering tables.

The more jovial among us chuckled at Sabin’s outburst and we began to drift in separate directions. Edgar, Cyan, Cid and myself followed behind Sabin at a leisurely pace while Shadow immediately hit one of the bars, with Terra following. Gau and Relm sat down over by the side, Relm was still a bit sad and Gau was comforting her while Setzer looked out over everyone enjoying themselves…

“A pint of your heaviest stout” Clyde asked casually

“That’d be the Tzenish stuff my good man, it’s very dark though even as far as stouts go, bit of an acquired taste” the bartender replied

“That’s fine” said Clyde, and the bartender poured him a glass of a thick, dark, frothy liquid which he began to drink

“And for you m’lady?” the bartended asked looking in my direction

“Just a glass of Jidorian red wine, the dry kind” I replied to which he nodded and fetched a bottle which he promptly uncorked and poured.
I sipped at my wine, it was good, quite good in fact. Clyde took in a mouthful of his chewed-up-tobacco-spit-juice when I said what had burning in my mind to say since the funeral ended.

“That was beautiful, what you said about Strago I mean” I said mousily

Clyde swallowed his gulp and turned to face me “thank you” he replied in a way that suggested distance, suggested that his mind was elsewhere.

“What’s troubling you?” I asked with concern.

Clyde sighed “nothing you need to concern yourself with Terra, I’m just here for a couple free drinks, afterwards I’m going back to my room” he replied, sounding tired.

“Well, I’m going to be staying in the area for a few days, so if you ever feel like you need to…”

Clyde interrupted me “I know what you’re about to say and it won’t be necessary” Clyde declared coldly, yet firmly.

I sighed “Clyde, will you just tell why you won’t let me in?”

Clyde finished his drink “I really don’t feel like having this discussion with you for the hundredth time within two days so if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go to another bar…” and with that he got up and left for the one on the other side of the room.

I sulked at the bar in depression and started on my wineglass…

I looked out over everyone having fun, I don’t want to seem ungrateful but I don’t much feel like celebrating or having ‘fun’ right about now. I scoured the room observing everyone’s activities; Sabin was stuffing his face with everything available while Edgar looked on laughing and chiding him, Cyan was seated eating mannerly with utensils while sipping on some sort of drink. Locke was sitting at the bar adjacent to the main catering area with a platter of fried things and had just finished a shot of some sort, emphatically slamming it down next to the other three empty shot glasses he had lined up. I don’t think Celes would be very pleased if she knew Locke was drinking, the sudden thought of Celes bending Locke over her knee and spanking him like one would a child who’s misbehaved assailed my mind and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Gau asked

“Oh nothing” I replied, not wanting to expose Gau to just how perverted my mind could be at times.

“Relm…I need to go back to the Veldt” Gau stated blankly

“What?!” I replied in shock and fear

“But I want you to come with me” Gau finished quickly and continued “there’s something calling me, I don’t know what it is but it’s impossible to ignore. It’s like there’s something out there for me, something I need to find, something that has to do with my past which I don’t fully understand. What I told you about earlier, I think it has something to do with that…the angel in the snow…and I wanted to ask…”

“Of course I’ll come with you!” I interrupted with a kinked head and puzzled expression

Gau smiled and I threw my arms around him, feeling completely safe with my head resting on his chest as he cradled the back of my head lovingly…

“I can’t believe you drink that sugar-water Sabin” Locke said nodding toward the pitcher of mead on the table

“It’s not sugar-water, it’s honey-wine!” I replied staunchly defending my beverage of choice between mouthfuls of crispy-fired steak as Locke shook his head in disgust

“Sabin, where has your brother gone?, he doesn’t appear to be around anywhere” Cid asked

“He just left with Cyan a little while ago. This messenger guy came rushing in and whispered something in Edgar’s ear then he turned to Cyan, mumbled something to him and they left” I answered

“Interesting…” Cid said

The letter read…

‘There has been a murder and South Figaro is in a panicked uproar. Your presence is required, you must return at once

Signed,
Chancellor Ruben’

In truth I didn’t really need to leave the party as it’s not like I’m going to leave right this moment seeing as the Airship is the fastest mode of travel available to us and even if I left right this moment it would take days to get to South Figaro. Methinks the wisest choice of action for right now would be to wait until tomorrow and have Setzer drop us all off, but even still I would prefer to be alone to contemplate right now. I sighed, held my head in my hand and began my contemplation of the full severity of the situation and everything it could entail.

“Lord Edgar, should’st we tell thine brother sir Sabin what hast transpired?” Cyan asked

“No, no…at least not now, let me sleep on it and I’ll make a decision tomorrow morning” I replied

“As’t thou will m’lord” Cyan concluded, bowed and left me to my thoughts

Some notes:

Sorry about the shortness of the first chapter but I was dying to get something posted already since I hadn't done anything with my story in awhile.

The concept for the first saga was more to give you a feel for each of the characters and where they're at more-so then to tell an actual story, so if you were dis satisfied with how the first saga seemed to be more dialogue then story, this saga will have a bit more in the way of an actual 'story' in the conventional sense.

As always, comments and constructive criticism welcome =D

--------------------
Post #134014
Posted: 1st November 2006 07:25

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Btw,

nice Romanized Japanese Chou wink.gif

--------------------
Post #134015
Posted: 6th November 2006 16:34

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I can't believe I read the "WHOLE" thing???

No, seriously this is not that bad. I enjoy how you discribed the characters, gave it a setting, showed there emotions, and introduced them into the story. Nice plot, storyline, and overall good. How long have you been writing fanfics, or is this or first one??

--------------------
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Chrsit for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

Acts 4:12

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
Post #134424
Posted: 7th November 2006 00:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I've been writing for awhile now, mostly short stories, poetry, lyrics tro songs and things of that nature.

This is the first full fledged story/fanfic I've ever written though.

--------------------
Post #134490
Posted: 8th December 2006 05:08

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Hey!, just dropping in to let everyone know I'm not dead and that I haven't given up writing the fanfic. College has been quite demanding and taking a considerable portion of my time and mental energy, but, I will be entering winter break soon and I have recently had the time to begin hammering out the next chapter.

You should see another chapter before the new year at least tongue.gif.

--------------------
Post #137780
Posted: 28th December 2006 19:16

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Alright! better late then never eh?, sorry about taking so long but I just got off of winter break and have just recently been able to touch this side-project of mine...but with the extra time on my hands I should be able to bang out a couple more chapters at least before my next semester begins in January biggrin.gif

Anyway, enjoy

Chapter two- The plot thickens

Everyone was quite drunk by now and behaving more or less accordingly with what one would expect. Sabin and Gau are currently engaged in drunken wrestling while Relm and Terra look on laughing, hooting and hollering while Setzer makes his rounds mingling with the townspeople and various other guests. Locke is still at the bar…and has drunken quite a bit more then is prudent, methinks Shadow may have had a point in his observations regarding him, and speaking of which Shadow seems to have pulled one of his infamous disappearing acts, he’s nowhere to be seen. I myself have had a tad bit more then I should have, but if it’s all to honor Strago’s memory then I suppose it’s acceptable, besides, I’ve been toiling away in the lab with no real breaks for the past seven years…I deserve some rest…

Maybe it had something to do with being a little buzzed but I had decided to finally test it out, my theory on Gau. From that day I wrestled with him on the Veldt when we first met I knew there was something special about that kid, not only did he have a musculature that no normal thirteen year old should have but he was stronger then anyone his size could ever physically be. A 5’3 thirteen year old isn’t supposed to be able to tear an adult male’s, let alone a monster’s face off nor are they supposed to be able to manhandle fully armed imperial soldiers with relative ease…something about him was ‘more’ then human.

Now here I was, about to have a friendly wrestling match to find out once and for all just how strong he is now as a full grown and massive adult. To Gau, this was just some lighthearted fun but for me it was a means to test him “Alright Gau, c’mon show me what you’ve got” I chided lightheartedly, as Gau approached laughing as Relm and Terra ‘who had had a bit too much to drink’ were hooting, and hollering to cheer him on. We locked arms and I swept back Gau’s leg with mine causing him to fall off balance onto his back. I leapt onto him quickly establishing full ground side-control over his upper body but Gau grabbed me around the waist from underneath and just flipped over with me, which right there was definitely beyond human means. For him to flip me over like that when I have complete leverage without him even having to re-position himself would have to mean he has more strength in his chest and arms then I do in my entire body plus my weight, which for a human being is impossible, regardless of your size.

I pushed on to see just what else he could do, he was a bit drunker then I was and still wrestling quite clumsily, not at all taking this seriously so I was able to slide backwards and wrap my legs around his midsection then I grabbed the back of his neck in a guillotine. It was literally like squeezing a mithril pillar and Gau simply grabbed my knees with his hands and eased them apart, then stood up with me hanging from his neck and suplexed me over and onto my back…it was literally as if I was a feather to him, and I don’t think he understands just how uncanny that kind of strength really is. After my back hit the ground Gau flipped over and pinned my shoulders back with his hands. I hunched my knees up and back to get my feet on his chest and pushed with all my might, and through no small effort pushed Gau off and leapt to my feet. Gau was smiling, and for his part seemed to be expending no effort, he wasn’t even tired…I for my part was at least a little winded, especially after having to practically hemorrhage both my hamstrings to push him off me. I had sparred with him long enough to come to a conclusion, there was ‘definitely’ something more then human about Gau’s strength. This really didn’t come as any surprise since I noticed it from the first time I wrestled with him on the veldt, from observing him fight, hell, from seeing him literally ‘rip’ an imperial soldier’s head clean off it’s neck plates during the battle up in the Narshen hills…no normal thirteen year old could do that, no way in the hells.

“Heh, alright Gau…I think that’s enough for me” I said with mock fatigue, and Gau laughed then suddenly I noticed something was off...Terra was gone

“Hey Relm!” I called out, “Did you see where Terra went?”

“No idea, she was right here a moment ago” Relm replied apathetically “and come to think of it, where’s Locke?, he was over at the bar before you guys started wrestling” she continued

I looked behind me and she was right, Locke was gone too…

“I wonder where he went?”, I thought aloud…

Terra had dragged me into one of the airship’s private rooms, we were both more then a little drunk and I was confused as to why she couldn’t of told me whatever it was in front of everyone else.

"Locke, I...I can't hide these feelings anymore" said Terra suddenly as I grew more confused. Terra continued "from the day you rescued me, I always felt...something, and, and I just can't keep it inside anymore!, I...I'm in love with you Locke, I...I just know it!"

I gazed at Terra, absolutely stunned, I'd never been in a scenario like this one. I took a deep breathe, and rationalized "Terra...I'm with Celes, I love Celes, we're...we're married and have a daughter for God's sake!" I stammered that last bit out.

"I know, I know, I know!" Terra repeated almost shouting now making me feel even more uneasy "but, I still feel it, this, this burning passion, this burning desire to...to touch you...to, to taste you, to experience you with all of my senses and more!"

I couldn’t even form words at this point all I could do was just stare blankly and aghast at what was happening. Terra drew nearer, I froze as her hand touched gently the side of my face and moved through my gray locks of hair, slowly she pressed her lips to mine, prying open my trembling mouth with her tongue, seeking to meet with mine. I closed my eyes and made no attempt to stop Terra, at first I couldn't! I was enjoying this on a physical level and it was as if I was in a trance but it merely took a second or two for my wits to kick back in, I am devoted to Celes, I love her more then I could ever possibly love any other. I hastily grabbed Terra's shoulders, shoved her back and ran from this place, still not at all sure what to make of what had just transpired.

I ran, ran past the bar, past everyone’s gawking eyes, through the middle of the party, out into the lobby and through the exit and out into the wilderness outside Thamasa. I stopped, panting, bracing myself up against a tree…I felt sick, my head was spinning, I was gonna…

*HYUUUUUUURGHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL*

I spilled my guts, puking out everything I had just eaten, a mixture of fried appetizers, meat and starchy bread snacks all topped off with alcohol that failed to make the journey to my liver…the stench was awful and I do not envy whoever it is that ends up having to clean that shit up. I stood there with my head hung low, staring at the pile of puke laying on the ground in front of my feet, the stench was making me sick, I backed up slowly but stumbled over a log and drunkenly lost my balance falling onto my back. I looked up into the dark, cloudy sky and suddenly heard a distant thunder crack followed almost immediately by pouring rain. As the rain poured down onto my face, I drunkenly raised my fist into the air and flipped off the sky in one last alcohol-fueled action before my head clunked backwards onto the grass as I passed out

As soon as I saw Locke run out the door like that I knew something was up and sprinted out after him, and, sure enough there he was passed out in the grass, and as if this wasn’t bad enough, it was raining. I walked on over to where Locke was passed out when suddenly I stepped in something slushy and nasty smelling, I looked down, and realized I had just stepped in a pile of his puke ‘lovely’ I thought to myself.

“C’mon, wake up little buddy” I slapped him around a bit and dragged him up to his feet, “Getting smashed and passing out in the middle of a field, way to fall off the wagon eh?”.

Locke just stared blankly at me upon regaining consciousness, until finally managing to blurt out “I…I can’t go back”.

I looked at him quizzically “What’d you mean ‘go back’ go back where?” I asked

“To the Inn, to, to Celes…at least, not, not right now…look Sabin, just…bring my somewhere where we can talk, I need to talk to someone” Locke replied

I shrugged “Alright, the church should be empty around now…we could chill there for a bit”

“Perfect” Locke replied

When we got to the church it was indeed abandoned, no one was there at all, and Locke breathed a sigh of relief before sitting down.

“Sabin, Terra…she kissed me”

‘FUCK!’ was the first thing that shot through my mind, this meant that she indeed still had a thing for Locke and would undoubtedly continue to ignore me…but Locke was really shaken up and needed a friend right now…I continued to listen…

“Ughhh, gods…I’m so drunk, I, I can’t go back to Celes tonight…I…I’m pathetic”

“No you’re not!” I interrupted

“I got fucking wasted even though I promised her that I’d never fucking drink again, and it’s all just…it’s I…” Locke stammered

“Locke, calm down, you’ve been married this long and you have a daughter, and I know Celes just as well as you do, she’s practically my sister…she isn’t going to leave you over this, yeah, she’ll be mad and she may chew your ass out a bit…”

“I don’t deserve her…” Locke interrupted me “I…I’m so weak, I can’t even resist the bottle, let alone another woman…”

“Goddammit Locke!” I interrupted “snap out of it, you did the right thing, you left the airship, you got away from the situation” I continued

“I cheated on her…” Locke reasoned drunkenly

“No you didn’t” I reasoned

“Well…well I was still thinking about it…and that, that’s just as bad” Locke continued along his drunken train of reasoning

“Locke, you’re being retarded. You didn’t do anything wrong except drink a bit more then you should, that and Celes loves you, Celes loves you more then any woman has ever loved any man ever, trust me I know, she talks to me about it constantly. Celes sees beauty in you where practically everyone else has seen ugliness, she feels an intense spiritual connection to you, that she was put on this earth for the sole purpose of healing the wound in your heart…to put it plainly, you are her ‘everything’…the love she feels for you is the most intense thing I’ve ever seen in anyone in my entire life. Celes’ love for you is more intense then the hate I felt when the empire assassinated my father, it’s more intense then my brother’s libido, hell it’s even more intense then Shadow’s self-loathing” I finished lecturing as Locke stared back blankly

“Wait…huh, what’s this about Shadow?” Locke asked, confusedly

“What do you mean?, that he hates himself?...isn’t that plainly obvious?...the mans a depressed wreck, every time I look into his eyes I see empty, soulless pits. After all these years he’s still the same sad and bitter man he was before the collapse, his soul refuses to heal and he hates himself…actually, he’s a lot like you used to be” I pointed out

Locke laughed “…right, ‘used’ to be”

“That’s just the booze talking” I stated “you know as damn well as I do that Celes walking into your life changed all that” I finished

Locke looked back at me “do you…do you think I deserve Celes, that I’m good enough for her?”

I gave Locke a blank stare “do you really want me to answer that?"

Locke laughed “no, not really…anyway, thanks man…I needed that”

“Yeah well, you get back to Celes and maybe you won’t be in ‘too’ much trouble for drinking” I advised and Locke nodded

We proceeded out the doors and towards the Inn, I needed to check up on my brother to see what was up afterall…he’d been gone awhile

This post has been edited by Manoftyr on 28th December 2006 23:50

--------------------
Post #139502
Posted: 29th December 2006 02:25

Black Mage

Awards:
Good job. thumbup.gif I have been waiting for this to be expanded for a while and a new chapter is always welcome. I especially liked the part where Terra got drunk and made a move on Locke. We have gotten so used to her being so shy and innocent that seeing her drunk and a little naughty is a welcome addition. Keep up the good work. Stuff like this is what makes me want to read even more.

I'm just curious, what is the meaning of the title Spinning Wheel of Fate?

This post has been edited by Frozen_Aura on 29th December 2006 02:26
Post #139522
Posted: 29th December 2006 04:02

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
It's representative of how the perspective constantly shifts, it's sorta like a wheel that keeps on spinning, and each character represents a section of that wheel, and as far as the fate part...well...all of them share an intertwining fate, and therefore share the same 'wheel' of fate...

Hope that made sense to someone besides me blush.gif

--------------------
Post #139540
Posted: 26th February 2007 05:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Oh my god!, where the hell have I been you lazy SOB!.

Well, the short answer would be 'everywhere but here' in a nutshell.

But finally!, a shiny new chapter for all you Spinning Wheel fans laugh.gif

Chapter three- The rain keeps falling so cold

“A murder?!” I exclaimed in shock

“Shhhh!, keep it down Sabin…things are bad enough without you letting the whole town know” Edgar retorted sharply, “we’ll be leaving tomorrow at 6am sharp, Setzers got us covered on that one” he continued.

I sighed “I was enjoying this get together too…”

“It rainin’ Mog” Umaro pointed out the obvious

“So?” I questioned

“Don’cha wan’ta patch it?, cave drippy…” Umaro replied in his usual simple, childish reasoning…it was getting a little damper then usual, it must be pouring outside to be percolating this far down…then again most of the above interior has been mined out.

“Want Umaro fix it?” Umaro questioned and I shrugged

“I don’t care” I retorted truthfully

“Uhhhh, okay…it not botherin’ Umaro neither”

Perhaps a long time ago I would have corrected his double negative...but I care so little about words now that I’d prefer to keep my mouth shut then exert the force to form them. I looked down at my fur, long, shaggy, messy, a dirty shade of tan from a combination of filth and general hygienic neglect, I shrugged, not like there’s anyone around to give a damn. I looked over to where Umaro was sitting, he was manipulating a small figure in his lap carving away as he usually does to pass time, his hobby…I suppose my hobby is indifference.

“Umaro miss nice lady” he was speaking of Terra ‘nice lady’ is his pet name for her.

I sighed “you want to go visit her?” I looked over at Umaro who’s broad mouth immediately widened with joy

“OH CANWECANWECANWECANWE PLEEEEEEASE!” Umaro begged, jumping up and down and again I sighed

“Alright ya big lug…come on” I grumbled as I reached for my walking stick to prop myself up

“YEY! We go see nice lady!”

I took a gulp from my wine and began writing my note…

‘Dear whomever this may concern, by the time you have read this I will be dead.’

“That’s a good opening” I said to myself and sipped at my wineglass, it was good wine too, vintage and not of the pretentious dried out Jidorian variety…I truly fail to see why their wine is so famous…it tastes like vinegar. No, this here is Thamasan wine, sweet and flavorful with a full rich body…the Jidorians insist on referring to it as a ‘dessert wine’ even though it’s best drunk on it’s own…but they’re a bunch of pretentious, flamboyant fops who think they have the right to tell all wine drinkers the world over what is and what isn’t. Now, back to my note of suicide…

‘My life is and has always been never ending agony. I was born with a birthmark of a failed abortion, kicked to the curb and raised in the gutter, the only trust I ever had was in vodka and heroin.’

I took another sip from the wine as the words began to take on a life of their own, becoming one with the memories.

‘Death is all around me, it is all I know, it is all I have experienced from they day I was born…none of you can possibly fathom the darkness that is my soul.’
I sipped at my wine again, and smiled a bitter smile as I continued…

‘I can no longer bear even the thought of my life, there’s no hope for me, nothing left for me…my existence is nothing more then a grayed out slurry red scar. I don’t pretend to understand this sorrow that seems to keep me sane, so I’m out, I’m done with this…I’m sending myself away without a name,

Sincerely,
Shadow aka Clyde Arrowny or ‘The Scarbacked kid’ of the highway train duo’

I chuckled to myself and wondered if anyone would put two and two together now that I spelled out my old moniker, or rather the moniker the law seemed fit to label me with back then. I smiled, sat back in my chair and decided to finish up my wine before doing the deed…

“Locke!...why are you back so early?” Celes asked as I entered our apartment soaked in rain, I didn’t answer. I walked over and laid down on the couch immediately, “Locke, you look like hell…and that smell…WHERE YOU DRINKING?!”

“I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!” I snapped back as Celes recoiled, I turned over and fell instantly to sleep.

“He, he doesn’t love me! Nobody loves me, I’m going to die alone!, I’M SO ALONE!!!” Terra screamed

I just hugged her as she continued to wail and cry on my shoulder ‘great’ I thought to myself, I had a party to host and crowds to mingle with and now I’m stuck keeping this one quiet, I better take her to my private quarters before she makes an even bigger scene…

I checked the rope, “twelve knots” I said to myself…it was a perfect hangman’s noose. I could hang this from the ceiling, slip it around my neck and jump…the knots would each constrict one upon the other under the pull of my weight until they snapped my neck. Ironic that if they would of caught me with Baram way back when, this is most likely the exact way I would have died anyway.
“Well, here I go” I thought out loud as I stood up on my counter top to hang the noose from a sturdy corner crook but as I began slipping the noose round my neck…something mine eye espied from the corner of the windowpane. It drew me transfixed from the counter top and down closer, this glimmer, this gleam, this white glow in the rain. I drew nearer the windowpane, looking, peering…I focused in on the light in the distance, my mouth dropped in shock. There, standing amidst the pouring rain, was Melinda…she looked up to me a ghostly figure, an alabaster pale apparition.

I closed my eyes for a period of thirty seconds before re-opening them…and as plain as the night there she was, she still stood on that very spot. Drunk on red wine and consumed with flagrant desire for her dead lips upon mine I ran from this place, I darted down the stairs and bolted out through the doors scouring the building-side for her…but she was gone. No!, she was not gone I had seen her, she was there!

…I flitted about the town and surroundings with cries of “MELINDA!” surely, surely she would hear my call in the night.

A note-

Yes, yes I am very aware this one is quite short...much shorter then I would of liked but time for brainstorming and the like has been close to non-existent for me, dry.gif

Once I'm done with this semester in mid May I should be able to devote more time.

--------------------
Post #144994
Posted: 26th February 2007 21:31

Black Mage

Awards:
YES!

Things are getting very fascinating.

Poor, poor Terra. She's a lonely, depressed, 26-year-old virgin who feels unloved once again. Setzer's right. She needs to get laid. And while she's at it, she should get a life too biggrin.gif

Still there is one thing I am curious about. Why weren't Umaro and Mog present at Strago's wake? I thought that Relm contacted all the old Returners once he'd passed away.
Post #145030
Posted: 26th February 2007 22:14

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
By the time Mog actually checked to see if he had any mail the funeral was already in progress and he saw little point in going, with his new found apathetic life attitude he doesn't do much of anything except sit and rot in his cave.

--------------------
Post #145040
Posted: 16th May 2007 03:50

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Could it be?, YES IT IS!, FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER!

Sorry, been struggling to maintain my GPA while maintaining an LD relationship with this artist chick from Arkansas, been a busy couple of months but I believe I've once again managed to pull straight As out of my ass...but enough about me, here's the latest installment of The Spinning Wheel of Fate!.

Chapter four- Journeys

“Ughk…” I awoke with a groan as I looked over, Terra was lying there still asleep ‘this must be the only time I’ve slept in the same bed with a female and not had sex’ I thought to myself and laughed. I didn’t really find Terra attractive anyway; I always liked girls who are around my size or maybe even a little bigger, never cared for the petit ones like Terra. Celes is more my type, hell , if anything she’s gotten even ‘hotter’ since she’s hit that bit of a late growth spurt and retained a little body fat after the pregnancy and if that makes me some kind’a freaky pervert then I guess I’m a freaky pervert.

Suddenly I heard loud thumping footsteps bowling their way towards my room on the airship followed by cries of “YEY! NICE LADY!”

“Now this certainly can’t be good” I said to myself, and sure enough…it wasn’t. Umaro came barreling through the door with the noise of an earthquake, Mog trailing behind slowly with his walking stick.

“Don’t make so much noise you damn oaf!” Mog complained

Mog’s request more or less fell on deaf ears as Umaro jumped up and down with excitement thus waking Terra. Umaro’s Sasquatchian face betrayed his raw childish excitement as Terra arose, she returned Umaro’s gaze with a sweet motherly smile.

“YAAAAAY!” Umaro squealed in absolute glee prompting Terra to clutch her head with one hand and ‘shhhh’ Umaro with the other

“Please keep your voice down Umaro, I have a terrible headache” Terra insisted in her typically less-then-assertive manner.

“Oh…Umaro sorry” Umaro replied, trying his best to be quiet, when suddenly Mog interrupted the spectacle

“Ey’ you guys hear about Shadow” Mog inquired

“What do you mean?” Terra asked

“He was running around town screaming ‘Melinda’ at the top of his voice apparently chasing some kind of phantom, the guys checked his room when they heard about it in the morning, found a suicide note and a noose he was apparently intending to hang himself with…but it looked like it didn’t see the intended usage” Mog explained casually, as if relaying this entirely for the purposes of gossip and possibly to amuse himself.

“Oh!, by the goddesses! Where is he?!” Terra asked stricken with sudden panic, and Mog shrugged

“No one knows, ‘slike he vanished” Mog replied and Terra sighed

“Such a poor, poor man…I wish he would just let me in to help him…” Terra pined, and I rolled my eyes. Don’t get me wrong it’s sweet that she cares, but…it’s like the woman can’t take a freakin’ hint the guy ain’t interested for whatever reason. I began to finally get up and no sooner then I put my second foot on the ground Edgar came walking briskly into my private quarters which aren’t being as private as I would like at the moment.

“We need to leave, now” Edgar stated and before I could open my mouth he continued “there is no time to explain, there is a state of dire emergency in Figaro that must be attended to”

I peered out and around him, sure enough his brother and Cyan were standing out in the main lobby along with Celes and Locke whom looked like shit. I sighed to myself ‘seems like I’ll be ferrying these jackasses around for the rest of my life’ I mused silently to myself.

“Alright, alright just let me get up and find the god damn keys…”

“Gau, we’ve been looking all day he’s not here!” I reasoned but Gau ignored me, I sighed as he kept walking, sniffing at the air “we’ve been on this trail for hours, and we’ve only been at this since the morning, Clyde ran off last night, he’s hours ahead of us!” I continued but Gau kept pushing onward.

“I still have his scent Relm” Gau answered calmly

“The scent went cold twelve miles ago and you know it!, we’re shooting in the dark at this point!” I continued reasoning but Gau just threw an annoyed scowl at me and continued marching onward. “I’m turning around!” I threatened but Gau just ignored me, he knew I was bluffing just as much as I did, especially seeing as this has to be at least the thirteenth time I’ve threatened to. Suddenly Gau stopped dead in his tracks, he sniffed at the air then suddenly scampered onto all fours and took off to the east fast as I’ve ever seen anything take off before. I ran after him as fast as I could barely managing to keep him in sight “Wait up!” I cried, but he didn’t slow down a bit, at the time I found myself cursing my womanly physique, the exaggerated hourglass figure I seem to have grown into may be beautiful to look at in the mirror every morning but it doesn’t exactly lend itself to moving swiftly, what with my breasts bouncing about and straining the hell out of my back and all not to mention my hips sort of dragging me behind.

I chased after Gau as fast as I could, just barely managing to keep him in sight until he hopped back up into an upright position and froze staring at the ground, running as fast as I could I caught up to where he was and saw for myself what had frozen him in his tracks…there was my father, lying down in a fetal position, hugging his chest, his eyes wide open, a manic grin plastered on his face. He cackled softly to himself giddy with what seemed to be madness and muttering incoherently, I could only understand one word, my mother’s name, he repeated it over and over amidst his otherwise nonsensical gibbering. Gau timidly reached down to help him up as if unsure of what to do, my father turned up to look at him with a hollow gaze, he reached up as if trying to clutch at some sort of phantom before slowly retracting his hand and letting it fall to the ground above his head.

Gau sighed “Lets get him home” he said and proceeded to sling my father up over his shoulder to begin the hour or so walk back to Thamasa.

This post has been edited by Manoftyr on 16th May 2007 03:59

--------------------
Post #150008
Posted: 29th May 2007 03:24

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Hey, another update from me finally...this one is a 'bit' longer then the last one too =D

Chapter five-The Cult Returns

Having just descended from the airship I hastily made my way through the gates flanked by Cyan and Sabin, we made our way straight through the great hall and into the throne room where Chancellor Rubin and Minister of Defense Erickson ‘one of Cyan’s Samurai pupils’ were waiting anxiously. I read their grim faces filled with caution and fear, anxious on my every word, eagerly awaiting my advice, I sighed.

“Explain the situation” I stated

Chancellor Rubin began “The situation is most disturbing lord Edgar, as you know an obviously murdered corpse has been discovered…”

“Who found the body?” I asked, wanting to get commendations and such out of the way before proceeding further, that and I’d rather be discussing anything but murder at the moment.

“One of my men, Colonel Ramen” Minister Erickson answered promptly, and I nodded.

“Send him the proper commendations” I replied

Minister Erickson bowed “As you command my liege”

I motioned for the Chancellor to continue. “The body was discovered by the Colonel two nights ago at around 11am, it was male, blonde, average build and height, otherwise indistinct from most Figaronians”

“Otherwise?” I asked and the chancellor sighed

“The manner in which the man was killed, it’s nature was profound in it’s perversity” the Chancellor grimaced and paused, I motioned for him to continue and he took a deep breathe. “Two deep cuts were made on each side of the man’s face, each beginning under the ear and arching along the jaw muscle and ending at the mouth, the lips were cut away at and folded back to expose the teeth and due to the nature of the muscle damage they were forced into a kind of manic grin, the eyelids and surrounding skin was peeled away forcing the man’s eyes bloodshot”.

I stopped the chancellor “was this all done while the victim was still alive?”

The Chancellor nodded once “we have evidence that suggests as much my liege”

I scowled in disgust “how was the poor man finally killed?”

“The man’s throat was eventually slit, his tongue then pulled down through the incision, and the area surrounding the wound treated with makeup in order to make it look like some sort of macabre clown face” and with that the Chancellor exhaled a deep sigh.

“We have one of the men responsible sire” the Minister interjected “he gave us no name…but he did give us the name of an organization claiming responsibility”

“And that name is?” I asked

“You’re not going to like this sire” The Minister sighed “…The Cult of Kefka”

“SONOFABITCH!” I heard Sabin exclaim loud enough for the entire kingdom to hear and punch the wall adjacent with so much force I could swear I felt the entire castle shake.

I sighed and asked with a heavy heart “where is the cultist being held?”

“In the dungeon below” The Minister replied

“Thank you” I replied, briskly turned and proceeded out of the throne room, down the side steps to the engine room, and through the south corridor to the dungeon, the guard having predicted as much showed us to the cultist’s cell. I peered inside, the man was short, scrawny, clean shaven with long dark hair and black eyes, a manic grin was plastered on his face as he gazed back at me. Without skipping a beat the guard unlocked the cell for myself, my brother and Cyan to enter and there interrogate the cultist, and hopefully extract some information from him.

I looked straight into the man’s eyes “What do you know?” I asked firmly, provoking cocky laughter

“Know?, about what?, whatever do you mean?” the man replied, thus provoking the wrath of my brother.

Sabin grabbed the man by the throat and held him up against the side of his cell “What do you know?” he demanded in a cold and angry tone, provoking even more laughter. Sabin’s temper isn’t exactly the best in the world and as such he replied with a swift punch in the kidneys sending the man crashing to the ground “WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!” he demanded now shouting but the man kept laughing, now cackling maniacally. Sabin roughly kicked the man in the ribs knocking him over onto his side and began rapidly stomping the man’s ribcage in but his maniacal laughter continued, even as he began to cough blood. I suddenly realized that if not stopped Sabin would kill the man, and although he certainly deserved it he was the only source of information concerning this new cult that we had. Cyan apparently had the same realization as we rose in unison each grabbed one of Sabin’s arms to hoist him back, and as we dragged him out of the cell kicking and screaming I instructed the guard to lock the doors, more so for the prisoner’s safety then anyone else’s at this point…

I was awoken by what I thought sounded like sobbing, but then I realized it was coming from the room my father was staying in and it couldn’t be. But still, I was thirsty so I got up to get a drink from the kitchen being careful not to wake Gau who was out like a light. As I walked down the hallway I noticed the door where Gau had dumped my father wide open, and he was indeed crying...it made me uncomfortable, I had never before seen my father showing anything resembling emotion before. He quickly noticed my presence and froze as if in fear.

"Clyde, were you...crying?" I inquired, I got no response. I don't know exactly what possessed me to, but for some reason I felt the need to reach out to my father...perhaps it had something to do with Strago's passing or Clyde actually showing emotion for once. I drew nearer and sat beside him, "Dad?...what's wrong?" I asked with legitimate concern.

Clyde stared towards the ground, his face tense and contorted as if he was terrified or in terrible pain when suddenly he blurted out "...Do you hate me?!" I was shocked and stared aghast while Clyde continued "I...I can understand if you do, even *I* hate me...I abandoned you as a child and if it weren't for Strago you never would of even known a family or a house, I'm a worthless piece of shit!, I was never there to protect you, I lived my life extorting others, and selling my skills as a killer for money, never caring for anyone...I...I couldn't even save Baram, and when I finally *did* try to atone by stopping Kefka...I failed...I'm..."

"DAD STOP!" I shrieked, interrupting as I couldn’t bear to hear another word.

Clyde started to weep uncontrollably "I'm sorry!" he cried, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for EVERYTHING!...if I could take it all back I WOULD!" he wailed, now hysterical, his face covered in tears.

I didn’t know what else to do so I just grabbed him and hugged him as tight as I could, and yelled as loud as I could muster "I LOVE YOU DAD!"

Clyde stopped wailing but continued to sob "...you don't mean that..." he muttered softly.

"YES I DO!" I replied now shouting at him. "Dad...the past is just that, the past, and yes, I would be lying if I said I didn’t resent you for a very long time...but, I've gotten past that, I mean...you were prepared to sacrifice your life at a chance to save the entire human race...and specifically *me* you tried to stop Kefka because you didn’t want anything to happen to me, you're not the same man now, you're NOT Shadow, you are Clyde Arrowny and my father!, and damn it before you can accept the love of anyone else, you're going to have to learn to forgive and love yourself!"…I could hardly believe my ‘own’ words at this point, but this was all new to me.

Clyde turned his gaze away from me and stared back towards the ground, he wasn't crying anymore but his face was still plastered with a frown "Relm...go back to bed, I have a lot of thinking to do..."

I realized that I had done all I could for that night and kissed Clyde on the cheek "...Dad, I love you, and I really mean that" I repeated and went back to my bed...Gau was wide awake, I wondered how much he heard. "Let him be Relm" Gau said, "At least you've done your part in the father-daughter relationship, the rest is up to him" he continued. Gau was so smart, he always knew what to say and always made me feel cared for. Looking at Gau laying there rustled feelings of desire in my belly, I wanted him *now*. I leapt onto him, meeting his face with mine I showered him with kisses and affection and hugged onto him as tightly as I possibly could and sucked on his mouth vigorously, practically sucking his lips off as Gau frantically reached for his pants and my bra with each hand. A couple hours later we were both spent, Gau had passed out and I was clinging on to him tightly, on a razor thin line between consciousness and sleep. "I love him so much...", I thought to myself as I slowly drifted off into sleep.

I could hear the wind whisper her name ‘Melinda’ she was still alive, I knew it! She had to be! This was destiny, destiny that I had not used that noose, destiny that I heard her call, her phantom has returned for me, our love was too strong for death to conquer! Yes! That must be it that must be what all of this means. ‘But where to find her?’ I pondered to myself then suddenly it hit me, the dream from before! Her grave! Possessed with the phantom of that madness known as love I ran from Strago’s old house amidst the sounds of Relm and Gau making love, they wouldn’t hear me over that racket, they wouldn’t have to worry, no one would ever have to worry about me again, Clyde has found his meaning again! Shadow is gone! Long live Clyde! Long live Love!

I danced and I pranced about the back yard of the old house atop where Melinda had been buried so long ago “Oh Melinda my love! Where art thou?, my goddess of the graveyard your prince has returned!” I cried with gleeful abandon and ecstasy at the thought of making love to her beautiful dead. I continued dancing and prancing about like a madman to be suddenly stopped in my tracks, there she was, here phantom, her visage so beautiful, even in death I wanted her with a burning desire, a passion that can not be measured by either the tongues of mortal man or espers alike! She looked to me with lustful, warm eyes and gently beckoned me to follow, and so I did, onward into the night! I swear we shall be together forever more! Melinda my love…

Mog sed we’d be able ta stay wit nice lady n’ dat made Umaro happy!, Umaro have big smiley face now, Umaro not know why everyone so sad ‘round him, it make Umaro want to make dem laugh so ‘dey can smile big happy like Umaro. I know Mog been sad since da big bad man killed all his Moogle buddies ‘n dat make Umaro sad too, Umaro liked da Moogles cuz dey wuz mah friends. Skinny airship man drop us at place dat’ used ta be big mess ‘til we barshed up da bad man ‘n made it not such a mess no more, nice lady lives dere now cuz’ she helped dem when da world went all boom ‘n now she stays dere cause nice lady care ‘bout people like dat. Nice lady act all sad n’ sometimes Umaro act all funny ta make her laugh, sometime it work, sometimes it don’t n’ when it don’t work it make Umaro feel all sad inside, nice lady sh-should-shouldn’t have ta be all sad like dat, n’ dat make Umaro want ta cry sad water when she like dat.

King man, karate man, and sword man went back ta da king place in da sandy place, Umaro like karate man, he make Umaro laugh wit da funny stuff sometimes, ‘n Umaro like dat. Nice lady let Umaro stay wit her at da big house place, ‘n evry mornin she bring Umaro ta play wit da hooman kiddies, Umaro have ta be real careful doe, cuz’ dey small n’ Umaro real big. Umaro like ta show dem ta make stuffs out ‘da bone but dey not ‘loud ta hold carving stuff cuz’ dey little kids n’ dey might get hurt, n’ Umaro don’ want dat cuz Umaro love little kiddies, dey nice ta Umaro, dey say Umaro like big fluffy teddy bear n’ dat make Umaro smile. Mog stay wit nice lady lots n’ dey talk ‘bout hooman and Moogle stuffs dat Umaro not know so good, sometimes Umaro try but Umaro not know da big words n’ den Umaro get confused and Umaro’s head hurt so den Umaro go make stuff outta da bone stuffs.

Nice lady sed somethin’ about thief man n’ den she get all sad, dat make Umaro mad, if thief man make nice lady cry den Umaro make him go BARSH! BARSH! n’ den she won’t have ta’ cry ‘bout him no more. Umaro shouldn’t say dat, dose not good things ta think but sometimes when nice lady cry ‘bout stuffs it make Umaro so mad he want to barsh what making nice lady cry like dat, but den Umaro go make bone stuffs and he feel allll bettah! It night time now n’ Umaro should go ta bed but Umaro can’t sleep so Umaro sitting up alllll night making bone stuffs, nice lady tells me dey pretty n’ dat makes me smile, sometimes Mog tells me he don’t know what so great ‘bout making bone stuffs all day but he just a big grump sometimes. Umaro tryin ta make a bone stuffs dat look like nice lady, n’ I got pretty green rocks dat look like her eyes, Umaro gonna take a loooong time wit dis one, Umaro want dis bone stuff ta be perfect for nice lady…

This post has been edited by Manoftyr on 29th May 2007 03:26

--------------------
Post #150758
Posted: 29th May 2007 04:14

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
That was good.

The Umaro perspective made me laugh. I enjoyed the originality of it.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #150763
Posted: 19th July 2007 23:47

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Hey all, been some developments on my end...short version of it all is while I was on vacation my computer fried itself aaaand all the work I had done on the next chapter of The Spinning Wheel is gone since I 'like a moron' forgot to back it up. Not only that but all the notes I had done for future chapters and storyboarding info is gone as well since I forgot to back that up too...right now I feel like an utter moron.

Long story short, it's gonna be a bit longer before I have another chapter done =/, sorry everyone, I know you enjoy reading these as much as I enjoy writing them so I assume your disappointment must mirror my own.

Again, sorry sad.gif

--------------------
Post #153555
Posted: 1st August 2007 03:16

SOLDIER

Awards:
I cant believe I missed the other chapters!

I love the Umaro part, it was well done.

Once again, even though I didnt post it (I believe), this is one of my favorite fan fictions i've read, (and I dont tend to read many wink.gif )so keep up the good work!

Its a shame about what happened to you though. sad.gif

Edit
Made last sentence more clearer.

This post has been edited by Dragon King on 1st August 2007 03:25

--------------------
Kel'Thuzad: She is persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.

Arthas:Shut up you damned ghost.

-Warcraft III Kel'thuzad comparing Arthas and Sylvanas Windrunner.
Post #154500
Posted: 18th September 2007 00:41

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
WOAH!, It's certainly been awhile but I FINALLY re-wrote and revised everything I was going to do for the next chapter in the wake of my hard-drive wipe...well it's been a long wait but I think you'll find it well worth it as this is the longest chapter in awhile.

Chapter six-Culminations of wrath and terror

“Melinda!” I whispered and the forest whispered her name back to me “Melinda” it was barely audible rolling over the whistling leaves with a sound akin to gentle waterfalls but still there, nonetheless. There she stood, her back to me, gazing over the lake before us, her ghostly visage enchanting our surroundings with an unhallowed grace and slowly, I approached. I crept slowly but surely with the natural caution that can be taught only through decades of hidden, quiet, internal paranoia and madness and soon I was within arm’s reach and with a trembling hand reached out to her…

After days of’t investigation Sir Erickson and I have discovered the main headquarters for one of’t this elusive new cult’s chapters which is apparently located within South Figaro itself beneath the graveyard catacombs, these fiends certainly are a clever group and more organized then we hast anticipated. At the moment I am mobilizing the Figaro Samurai corps within the area with the intent to eliminate this cabal of miscreants.

I would have screamed if I was able but I was utterly paralyzed whether with terror or by some supernatural force I knew not. She turned to face me but what faced me was not Melinda it was the most ghastly most terrifying ‘thing’ I had ever seen its mouth was like a vortex from which all manner of horrible, grotesque noises escaped to swirl all around and within me as it shrieked. Its eyes were like soulless black pits snuffing out all light and locking me into its gaze preventing me from turning away, as ugly as they were I could not turn away, they paralyzed me those soulless black pits of infinite evil, and that shriek, ohhh the shrieking it cut through me like a knife and surrounded me in a cacophonous maelstrom from which I could not escape. Its face was contorted and without pigment ghastly and decayed like a corpse yet not like a corpse, there were visible cracks and lines going outward from the center like it was made of stone. Suddenly I felt myself weakening my heart slowed down to a stop as did my pulse. I felt my limbs go limp and collapsed backwards as my world faded to black…

A sudden chill went through my spine and I felt as though something were amiss

“Madam Branford, are you alright?”

“Yes, yes I’m fine Joseph” Joseph was one of the many orphans I was raising back before the tower fell, afterwards he showed an interest in architecture and management then became head of the Mobliz reconstruction project at the age of fourteen, after it’s completion he sort of just fell into the role of my ‘secretary’ of sorts…in truth he does all the real ‘governing’ in Mobliz I’m more or less just the public face here nowadays. Joseph nodded and began babbling on about matters of state but I silenced him with a wave of my hand.

“Just do whatever you think best” I stated as I just didn’t want to deal with anything like this right now.

“Very well” Joseph replied as he left my office with a stack of papers under his arm

I looked to my side out my office window and I swear I could hear someone screaming in agony in the back of my mind, I suddenly felt a slight ache in my chest…

I mounted a Chocobo and rode out from Kohlingen to Castle Figaro to catch it before it submerged, I had to talk to someone about this and I’ve always been able to trust Sabin with things I can’t even trust my own husband with. Oh what Locke would do if he knew that he wasn’t my first lover for example, or some of the things I did while I was a general…which is kind of funny actually since one of the first things he told me the night he rescued me was to quote him ‘yesterday doesn’t mean shit’ in reference to the guilt I expressed at having been a general for the Empire. It’s odd Sabin is the only person I feel like I can tell some things, no matter what I tell him or what he knows I know he’ll never judge me which is something I can’t say for anyone else except maybe Locke but I can never tell if he’s really not judging me or if his love for me just pushes all his judgments and reservations to the back of his mind. I suppose I have some issues with trust, and I guess a lot of that comes from the fact that deep down I don’t really feel like I deserve trust.

I had arrived at the Gates to Figaro just in time it seemed as it appeared they were preparing to submerge…

“Something ain’t right”

“What do you mean Gau?” I asked puzzeledly as I packed the last of my things for our trip to the Veldt

“I don’t know Relm…I just got a really bad feeling all of a sudden, I think it has something to do with your dad disappearing” he replied with apparent concern

“Gau it’s nothing, my dad pulls disappearing acts like these all the time” I reassured and Gau sighed

“I know, and that’s why I find this feeling especially troubling” Gau continued

“Gau, you’re just nervous having been away from your home so long, c’mon, you’ll feel better once you get back to the Veldt” I said with a smile and Gau smiled back

“I guess you’re right”

“Look, Celes it’s not you!” I blurted out

“Wha-what do you mean?” she asked, and I sighed as it was pretty apparent I let the cat out of the bag

“You’re not in any way the reason Lockes been acting so strange” I stated slowly and followed with a deep breathe

“Then why?, what’s wrong with him?, Did something happen?, Is he depressed again?!” Celes asked frantically, I hesitated and gave her a look that suggested I wasn’t supposed to tell her “Sabin!, please! You have to tell me I have to know! What’s wrong with my husband?, I love him so much I have to help him please I have to…”

“TERRA KISSED HIM!” I shouted, my voice trembling with anxiety as Celes stared back at me aghast

“…what?” Celes asked barely audibly, her panic slowly turning to frothing rage, I sighed again

“At the party on Setzer’s airship, they both had a few too many then Terra kinda snatched Locke up, dragged him to the backroom, declared her love for him and kissed him…to which Locke responded by running out of the airship, throwing up, and passing out in the middle of a field during a rainstorm” I exhaled, now somewhat relieved I was no longer keeping this from Celes but at the same time rather worried as to what may come of this.

Celes dropped her fists to her sides and I noticed them trembling with what I presumed was intense anger “now Celes, before you do anything rash you should consider that Locke is acting the way he is because he somehow feels like he betrayed you, it’s not like he’s at all conflicted about who he loves or anything he just feels like he doesn’t deserve you because there was a possibility that he might of enjoyed her kissing him on some level or something ridiculous like that” I attempted to reason, but that only seemed to make Celes angrier.

“So, basically what you’re telling me is that Terra forced herself on ‘MY’ husband, and caused him to go into one of his fucking psychotic episodes?” Celes asked barely containing the inferno of rage building up behind her eyes and lips

“Well I doubt it’s that serious and I wouldn’t put it ‘exactly’ like that a…” before I could finish Celes had left, I took a look out the window and sure enough there she was riding off on her Chocobo, this definitely was not going to end well…

“Ahh Kefka” the entity replied “you are to be the cornerstone of my plan” the thing before me slowly paced about the infinite shadowy blackness surrounding us before it began again “simply put, how would you like to return to the world of the living?” I suddenly grinned a wide malicious grin and let out a hearty laugh which seemed to meet with this gigantic being’s approval.

“So?, What are you waiting for?!” I demanded “zap me back so I can wreak my vengeance!” to which the being chuckled once again

“Ahh Kefka, if only it was that simple...first we need to procure the necessary amount of life force, then we must find a suitable body and then enact a series of magick rituals”

“Wait, wait, wait, WAIT! First of all isn’t magic gone now that I’m dead since you know…I kinda ‘became’ the god of magic in every sense of the word, second how are we going to do all that crap while I’m here?...wherever the hell ‘here’ is” again, the being let out a deep rumbling chuckle.

“Truly, are all mortals so ignorant? There are far more forces in this multiverse then mere humans and espers and far more to this ‘magic’ then you understand…what espers commanded was all but a fraction of what the energies of your universe have to offer, and esper souls were just one way of tapping into it” although the being had no face I sensed it was somehow smiling at me “that and this is not magic I am talking about, it’s something far darker and far more ancient, magick, emphasis on the ‘ck’” the being explained as if somehow surprised at my lack of knowledge about this.

“Okay then that still doesn’t answer my second question and how the hell is this ‘magick’ different anyway?” the being laughed and extended it’s arm conjuring some sort of tomb in it’s hand then flinging it towards me

“Read it” the being said

“What is it?” I replied as I examined this strange tomb, the covering was made out of some strange material that felt suspiciously like skin and was covered in runes and symbols that were definitely not native to any language from my world

“It has had many names over the eons some called it the Necronomicon, others called it simply The Black Book and others still have had countless upon countless names for what you now hold in your hand each with their own explanations as to its history and existence when in truth it has existed long before what you mortals perceive as reality came into being” the entity stated in a matter of fact way

“Then what’s it really called?” I asked, my interest piqued as I flipped through the pages which were oddly enough written as so I could understand them

“You would find it’s true name impossible to pronounce and in the time it would take me to pronounce it myself a dozen mortal lifetimes would elapse” the creature responded

“The Necronomicon…that has a nice ring to it” I said aloud “Oh! is this what you were talking about before?” I asked as I pointed to a passage with instructions to bring a mortal soul which has escaped passing into the afterlife back to the world of the living. The being spoke nothing but I could tell I was correct and continued looking over the spell presented “looks pretty messy” I said “says we need enough life energy to create a bridge from here back to my universe, also says we need a living body so I can…’corpsehop’ whatever that is back into my body…also says the soul needs to be pretty strong or the ritual will clusterfuck and kill both the returning spirit and the host, also says my body needs to be pretty close to the host body for me to corpsehop, which I’m pretty sure means exactly what I think it does”.

“Essentially” the being stated

“Uhh, problem” I replied “how are we going to do that if we’re here and my body is there and we don’t have any mortal souls willing to sacrifice themselves?!” I demanded, getting annoyed

“Simply put your cult” the entity replied still chipper as if it found my ignorance of the situation extremely amusing

“Those idiots are still alive?!” I exclaimed

“Apparently” the being replied “and they have your body, seems they’ve been worshiping it in hopes you’ll come back to life

“Well how does this help us?! I mean it’s not like I can…contact…them” I faded into contemplation towards the end of my statement and the being chuckled once more

“How?” I asked excitedly

“Simply reach out to them with your mind and they will hear you”

I closed my eyes focused on my minions of old and felt my mind reaching into dozens of other minds at once “Hey numbskulls it’s me! Your god Kefka and no you’re not going crazy and yes this really is me” I said, deciding to try it out and suddenly my mind filled with dozens upon dozens of irrelevant thoughts and questions “Hey! HEY! SHADDAP!” I yelled and the thoughts more or less ceased “Shut up and listen to me, I need souls, and I need ‘you’ to get me those souls and how ya do it is simple, kill people, it doesn’t matter who and it doesn’t matter how as long as you maintain this mental link to me and uhhh…” I double checked the Necronomicon for the necessary rituals and read them off to the bunch of dimwits I’ve found myself now relying on “Now ya got that?!” I demanded and was instantly bombarded with waves upon waves of “yes master”, “your will be done master”, “the world shall tremble with your return” and things of that nature.

I shook my head and broke off the link, “there’s still the issue of the living soul, I mean, those guys are subservient morons and I strongly doubt any of their souls would hold up” I pointed out

“Do not worry for I have just the man in mind…and I have the perfect tool to lure him to us” the being waved his hand and parted the shadow to reveal a beautiful red head being subsequently tortured by the ‘shadowthings’ I mentioned earlier, they poked and prodded and twisted at her beautiful form, mangling her, tormenting her in ways so debased and perverse that they even put ‘me’ to shame

“I own this one’s soul she will bring him to us…” I smiled a manic grin and let out another bone chilling laugh…

I awoke in a dark catacomb now understanding all to well where I was, what my dream from earlier this week meant and what had just happened. My madness had subsided and I speculated that it was brought on by the thing that was once Melinda. I tried to move my arms but I found they were bound and shackled to a steel table as were my hands, legs, ankles, torso and neck. As I adjusted to my surroundings I noticed the room was dimly lit by candles and I could barely make out dark cloaked figures in the distance. I sighed to myself “guess everyone really ‘would’ have been better off if I just killed myself like I planned to” I mused as the dim realization that I was about to be used to revive Kefka dawned on me.

Notes-If you're confused about the whole dream thing it's a continuation from a dream Shadow had early on in the first saga of my fanfic

This post has been edited by Manoftyr on 26th March 2014 05:11

--------------------
Post #157330
Posted: 19th October 2007 01:14

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
YEY! new chapter

...btw, twas my 21st Birthday yesterday, yey me =p

Chapter seven-Bleed death upon new life

The catacombs began teeming with life and movement as more and more cloaked men poured into the chamber carrying with them jars filled with blue glowing light which given my dreams and my current status I feel safe to assume are trapped mortal souls to be used in this ritual. Six of the men carried in a large stone pedestal with a bed atop it and lying on the bed was a large humanoid figure and as they carried it closer there was no mistaking whom it was the body of, it was the body of Kefka. From my vintage point securely bound to a steel table I couldn’t get a very good look but the body was in far better condition then what I would expect for someone who plummeted to the ground from hundreds of stories into the sky through debris and rubble, I also noticed the body still had the wound from the killing blow I placed when I threw the Atma Weapon through his heart and if my throat wasn’t practically choking me I would of chuckled. The cloaked men laid the pedestal with Kefka atop it next to my table and began placing the soul jars inside a circle carved into the stone floor.

“Master our spies report the Figaronians have taken the bait they’re heading right for the diversionary target beneath the South Figaro catacombs, the murder of the man in South Figaro has worked exactly as planned” one of the cloaked men spoke aloud

“Excellent” an unmistakably manic voice echoed in my head

“Hi Clyde! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” I would of groaned if I was able, “Seems like you shoulda been taking those dreams a biiiiit more seriously eh? Uwweeeheeeheee” I tried my absolute best to keep my mind blank as I did not want to give him the satisfaction of a response “oh! And your precious little wife, or should I say ex-wife, was oh-so-much the perfect tool to lure you here” I said nothing “Oh come on?!, don’tcha at least wanna know how I pulled it off?!, aren’t you at least an eeeeeintsy bit curious?” I continued forcing my mind blank “Well I’m going to tell you anyway because it’s so simple, a long, long time ago she promised her soul to a certain entity while at the brink of death as long as he promised to let her see you one last time…well she got her wish but apparently she didn’t read the fine print saying that she’d only get to return as a mindless vampiric ghoul to ultimately bring about your demise and my resurrection! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” his haunting laughter and words cut through me to my very soul but still I forced my mind completely blank, I suppose as one final act of defiance.

“Awwe you’re no fun!” even in death he loves the sound of his own voice “well not to worry I’m sure your friends will provide much more entertainment as I rip them limb from limb and slaughter their loved ones BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Master, we’re ready to begin the incantations” one of the cloaked men spoke aloud

“Well then what are you waiting for DO IT YOU BUNCH OF IMBECILES!” Kefka’s voice echoed within my mind and I assume everyone else’s within the room as well…

“Sir…there is nothing here” said one oft mine Samurai upon returning to our rendezvous point within the Figaronian catacombs

“Pardon?” I enquired “What doest thou mean?”

“We’ve searched the entire perimeter and there is no secret entrance…it appears our intelligence may have been faulty”

“Impossible!” I exclaimed “the trail from the murder leads us here there is simply no other place the Cult can be within the Figaro territories”

“Unless they were never here to begin with…” Sir Sabin spoke up “I think we’ve been set up” he continued

“Set up?” I inquired

“I mean we were lead here the murder, the evidence we found, the reports we gathered all of it was bogus…planted ahead of time for us to find so we’d follow it here” Sir Sabin continued

“But…why would they go through such an extensive amount of effort to lead us here?” I questioned

Sabin shrugged “To throw us off I guess?”

Suddenly I heard a loud shriek from what sounded akin to one oft mine men sharply followed by the sound of something heavy, perhaps a large stone, being rolled out.

I immediately unsheathed my sword and ran in the direction of the sounds followed closely by Sir Sabin, methinks there is treachery afoot

My husband is insecure, profoundly so, but I don’t blame him…he’s been through a lot in his life and emotionally delicate on top of that, I’m his protector, he may have been my protector long ago when we first met but shortly thereafter, gradually, I became his. The world is a confusing and often harsh place and Locke is in many ways unable to cope with it...I must look after him from now and into the depth of his old age and perhaps beyond into whatever afterlife lays before us. I see beauty in him that no one else sees, no one else will ever see, all they see is unbalance, they fail to see that it is the world that’s made him this way and forever I will love and protect him.

These are the thoughts that ran through my head as I laid beside him in bed, hugging him, caressing his smooth back I gently kissed his shoulders and whispered gentle soothe sayings, Rachel was fast asleep in her room and I had plans for Locke tonight…

There was nothing but pure unbridled chaos around me as the worshipers danced and jerked in macabre motions while screaming and chanting in some sort of incomprehensible tongue. Women were dragged in nude on leashes covered with welts and whip marks ritualistically being dragged to the altar of Kefka where they knelt on all fours with their palms flat and raised upward towards him in what I assume must have been symbolism for worship and submission to Kefka before being decapitated by the worshiper holding the leash. As these acts were committed the jars containing the blue lights were opened, it seemed as though the lights wanted to escape but something about the rituals going on around me seemed to be forcing them into the large circle carved into the stone on the ground. As the ritual dragged on I felt a very strange and very unpleasant sensation, the closest I could come to describing it was that I was ‘slipping’ in that I felt I was slipping out of my body, falling out from under it then being pulled back in.

I heard Kefka’s insidious laughter once again piercing into my mind “YES! YES! IT’S WORKING! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!”

The slipping sensation grew more intense and was now accompanied by an equally unpleasant sensation of fading, like I was fading out of existence.

“Wait up Cyan!” I shouted out ahead

“Lord Sabin!, we will hold the perimeter make sure General Cyan doesn’t get himself killed!” I heard from behind as I dashed out ahead trying to catch up with Cyan…I’ve never seen him move this fast in my life when suddenly he stopped short.

“Cyan! What the hell are you running fo…” I cut my own speech off as I gazed onto the ground. There laying on the ground was one of Cyan’s men, dead, his eyes rolled into the back of his head as an enormous wound on his throat gushed blood…it looked as though his entire throat had been bitten off by something.

Cyan unsheathed his sword and I readied my claws when suddenly we head more screaming and chaos, this time behind us

“FUCK, THE SOLDIERS!” I exclaimed and again we were off running as fast as we were able…

“Locke…I know about Terra and I’m not mad…at least not at you” since I had just put him in a good mood so to speak I figured now was as good a time as any to tell him.

Locke sighed “…so Sabin spilled the beans eh?, well it doesn’t matter…it wasn’t you being mad at me I was worried about anyway” Locke replied still laying on his back and staring at the ceiling

“Huh?, what do you mean?” I asked and Locke gave me a knowing, sarcastic glance “Well okay, I’m obviously going to be peeved at Terra but…”

“You really shouldn’t” Locke interrupted and I began to get a little annoyed

“Why shouldn’t I?, She tried to make out with my husband!” I replied

“Well she was Drunk and not to mention Gau and her orphans are all ‘grown up’ now so to speak and she’s still socially awkward and probably will be for the rest of her life” Locke reasoned and I sighed

“That’s no excuse” I reasoned and Locke shrugged

“You know…I really think we need to try and hook her and Sabin up” Locke said out of the blue and I busted out laughing

“Hahaha, wow, that was random…where the hell did that come from?” I asked and Locke frowned a little

“I’m serious, Sabins always had feelings for her but has always been too nervous to say anything…and well, he’s not even a blip on Terra’s radar screen so I doubt she’d initiate anything on her own” Locke reasoned and I chuckled, shook my head and smiled

“I don’t think that’ll work Locke…I don’t think Sabins her type, I mean…she seems to be more attracted to the leaner, and less well…” I laughed “…overtly masculine type?” I finished with a slight giggle and batted an eyelash at Locke

“Oh gee thanks, you might as well call me a girly man” Locke pouted and turned over in the bed

I laughed and scooted over next to him “Awe come on!, I like you just the way you are…besides, if you were as big as Sabin was I wouldn’t be able to do ‘this’”

I grabbed Locke around the waist from behind, and overpowered him over the bed and onto the ground, sitting on his chest with his arms pinned grinning in his face

“Alright very funny Celes, now let me up” Locke said knowing very well I wasn’t about to

“No way!, you look to cute down there…I could just pinch those cute cheeks of yours” I reached down and did just that under protest from Locke

“Alright, that’s enough” Locke whined while laughing at the same time

“Na-uh I’m not done with you yet” I teased and slid my legs back to lay on top of him and suddenly he was all out of complaints for some reason…

The slipping sensation had transformed into a ripping sensation and with every passing second I could feel myself fading faster and faster but now I could feel something foreign coming into me, another presence, another force entering me and feeding off of my very own life force. I grew weaker and weaker as this force continuously got the better of me, robbing me of my life to give Kefka new life…I used what was left of my energy to look over to my right and I could see Kefka’s once lifeless form stirring with new life, at first barely, but the weaker and weaker I got it seemed the stronger and stronger Kefka got until the inevitable…I would fade from life and Kefka would return my death would feed his new life.

As soon as we reached the soldiers we found them under attack by these nasty ‘things’ they were of a purplish hue and humanoid in shape around 6ft in height with large pointed ears bloodshot eyes, long claws and rows of razor teeth. Me and Cyan weren’t very interested in discerning the identity of these things and were immediately on the attack. I charged ahead and clawed directly though the face and head one that was attacking a soldier on my left, then hit one on my right with a palm thrust directly through it’s stomach disemboweling it. To my right Cyan was chopping up six or so that had made the mistake of trying to surround him and with the tables suddenly turned Cyan’s men finished off the rest.

“How many didst we lose?!” Cyan boomed out

“Sir!, four dead and six wounded!” one of the men replied

“Damn it!, Cyan, take the men and get out of here! I’ll hold the rear for your escape” I yelled

“Sir Sabin, as’t brave and noble an act that may be I believe it is no longer a possibility” Cyan responded gravely and pointed ahead at the mass of ‘things’ assembling before us, I looked behind and sure enough they were assembling behind us as well.

I responded somewhat characteristically by laughing to myself in the face of danger “Well then!, no point in staying in one spot for them to flank us then eh?” I responded and charged directly ahead with a smile on my face and my claws by my side, never have I feared death, and never have I feared charging into the fray

“Sir Sabin! Wait!” Cyan shouted concerned

I looked over my shoulder “Cyan, stay back and lead the men against the other group…I’ll handle these clowns myself!” I shouted with pride and bravery as I turned around to face the gathering horde before me.

It was as though I was falling out from my own body which I now saw above myself. As I slowly drifted down I saw Kefka rise from his pedestal and the last thing I heard before all faded to darkness was his macabre laugh howling over and piercing through all that was around.

This post has been edited by Manoftyr on 19th October 2007 02:36

--------------------
Post #158692
Posted: 21st October 2007 19:31

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
happy birthday! you are 7 years and 4 days older than I am.
This is turning out to be really creepy and no offence, but i will be honest, but despite first impressions it is turning out to be as good as ffvi: The Balance and Contrast of Yin and Yang. the B and C of Y and Y is a really good story, characters are more realistic, realistic to the point of that possibly being a biography of those events, but I in general like your approach more, and story-wise you both deserve writing awards, just on story alone! plus excelent, and differing writing style, and i have these two making the top 2 of best ffvi fanfics ever read, no 3 is reflections no 4 is the one where gogo is avatar of god of mimicry, forgot name, and no.5 is hand of the reaper. no. 6 is afterstorm, and the others are all pretty good as well from the official page, with he exception of mog soldeirs, which i really didn't like too much, at all. keep it up. tell me what is confusing about y post, but please don't say everything... the B and C of Y and Y and this are on the forum, while everything else is on the main fanfic page. keep it up!
Post #158772
Posted: 21st October 2007 20:32

Black Mage

Awards:
I also recommend Visions Of Peace. It's here in site submissions, though it has not been updated in a while so you may have to go back a few pages to find it.
Post #158773
Posted: 21st October 2007 21:03

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Frozen_Aura @ 21st October 2007 20:32)
I also recommend Visions Of Peace. It's here in site submissions, though it has not been updated in a while so you may have to go back a few pages to find it.

thanks, will read. also read my *terrible in comparison to this one*fanfic, and tell me wht you think...
EDIT: I couldn't find it. maybe they delete the old topics after a year of inactivity... which would really suck becasue most forums do do that. who authored that?
EDIT2: nevermind, figured out that my page view was the last 90 days only, so i changed that. sorry

This post has been edited by DR FF DS on 21st October 2007 21:08
Post #158777
Posted: 22nd October 2007 01:15

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Thanks for the complements DRFFDS

--------------------
Post #158785
Posted: 22nd October 2007 04:35

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Manoftyr @ 22nd October 2007 01:15)
Thanks for the complements DRFFDS

You are welcome.I do not just flatter, though. I am honest to the point where others have called me brutal. i am brutally honest. It's my b-day this thur the 26th happy.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif smile.gif
it's dr ff ds, but i prefer Naruto Uzumaki, or gogo. even kefka will suit me as seen by avatar.

This post has been edited by DR FF DS on 22nd October 2007 04:40
Post #158798
Posted: 28th October 2007 10:20

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Hey!, a new chapter just in time for Halloween, or Hallows Eve, or Samhain...really any of those titles is more or less accurate. Anyways, here it is and hope you enjoy biggrin.gif

Chapter eight-A return

“Gauileth, the time has come” the Elf spoke I gazed upward as I lay suspended in the floating misty ether surrounding me. It was one of the Elves from my childhood memory, of that I was sure, his long elegant fingers gently stroked a harp echoing forth a tune that seemed somehow familiar…somehow all of this felt familiar, and that name, Gauileth…it felt oddly familiar as well.

“He who was born of the sacrament will be savior to us all” the Elf continued chanting in his melodic voice, in keeping with the tune he was playing. “The time for the simple living is over, the dark one will bring suffering and pain” his angelic melody listed steadily onward “only through the sacrament can he who once lived return to defeat he who once died”.

“Who is he who once lived?” I asked

“You know him well for he brought pain to himself yet will bring the dawn” he replied

“Who is he who once died?” I asked

“You know him well for he once brought suffering to all and is destined once more” he replied

“What is the sacrament?” I asked

“You know it well for it is closer then you realize” he replied

“Who are you…who am I?” I asked

The Elf stopped his melody and looked warmly into my eyes “…come Gauileth, after two decades of slumber it is finally time to awaken the true nature locked within” the Elf reached down to me and gently brushed my forehead “…remember…”.

I awoke and instinctively scanned the room. Relm was by my side and we were in my Veldt log cabin, my hunting bow was across from our bed leaning against the wall, our clothes were thrown about the place haphazardly and the kitchen was a mess of cured meats, spices and preserved fruit. I looked down at my hands, both my palms and the backs…then I slowly lifted them upwards to feel my face as if unsure of my own features, I sighed and looked down at my blanket then began to truly and deeply ponder for the first time in my life…’who am I?’.

“She just fell unconscious” Joseph said with a sigh

“BUT UMARO NEVER GET TA SHOW NICELADY BONESTUFF UMARO MAKE OF HER!” Umaro shouted and cried with tears streaming down his dumb sasquatchian face as he brandished a bone carving with a strange likeness to Terra complete with glittering emeralds for her striking green eyes.

I leaned back against the wall, bracing myself between it and my walking stick as I tried to search for words to say but all that could come to mind was ‘stop sobbing you big dumb ape!’ and that was hardly appropriate…at least when people other then me and the big dumb ape in question are around.

“When did this happen?!” one of the townsfolk cried “Terra has been like the mother for the entire town from the time it was just the orphans all the way through the reconstruction” he continued hysterically.

“It was strange” Joseph said “it started with what she said was a headache after I went over some documents with her so she went for a lie down…then she started panting and making all sorts of unpleasant noises, I watched over her the whole time and had the best of doctors examine her but they could find nothing wrong…she just kept getting weaker until she slipped into this…coma of sorts” he finished and Umaro wailed

I tried to search for the right words to say but they just didn’t come, and my aged form wasn’t about to do one of my ‘cheering people up’ dance routines so I just sighed as in truth I didn’t really care much about the situation anyway, being the last Moogle alive has given me a unique perspective on death. I suppose you could say I’ve become a bit of a fatalistic nihilist in that I tend to see death as the final ending point in a life that’s utterly meaningless in the first place anyway…and in that sense I never get sad when someone dies anymore, I almost see it as a kind of release, who knows?, maybe when you die you go on to someplace that actually matters in the long run. Of course Terra isn’t dead, but, she ain’t looking good so I figure she’s on her way out in a week or two…I mean, if she stays in this coma it’s not like we can keep her alive anyway.

“HERE I COME YOU BASTARDS!” I cried as I charged straight into the bulk of them, those violet things from earlier, some things that looked like swirly masses of shadow, other things that looked like a cross between a man and a spider and all sorts of other nasties I wasn’t really in the mood to identify. The things assembled before me seemed rather surprised at me charging straight into them by myself ‘good, gives me a slight advantage’ I thought to myself as I began to close in, still grinning. As I drew within a few meters of the assembling horde I leapt straight into their center with my claws bared ripping and tearing at everything around me and sending dozens of the things flying in all directions. In the first few moments I had a dozen or so bodies at my feet and the horde had backed away forming a circle around me, I motioned threateningly at them with my claws and as if possessed by one mind all at once they advanced towards me…

“Men!, nay we allow Sir Sabin’s bravery to go in vain! We shalt send these foul creatures back to whatever hell which spawned them, for Figaro we fight! For Figaro we protect! Hyaaaarghhh!” I cried as’t I charged followed by my men, The Gods and Goddesses be my witness for I swear Sir Sabin and my men shalt yet leave this accursed dungeon alive!. I approached the gathering horde swiftly with my men behind in vanguard formation, t’is myself at the front and my men spanning out from behind forming a wedge of sorts with myself at the point. Soon we were upon them and in unison we unsheathed our katanas…

The first one that jumped out at me was dead before I even got the chance to identify it and was quickly followed by dozens from behind, in front and all around. Rather then stay in one spot I plowed ahead first with a body block knocking a bunch to the ground allowing me to follow up by leaping forward and promptly stomping their skulls in and rip the faces off the stunned things in front of me. At this point I was mostly going on instinct and training so another part of my mind had taken over and I could hardly identify what I was killing let alone differentiate the variety of things attacking me. I spun around with a wide roundhouse kick knocking the encroaching things behind and around me back a bit and I felt something crack on the back of my heel, presumably it was a skull. I charged up for an aurabolt and let it fly out in front of me and as far as I could tell a dozen or so of these things were utterly eviscerated by it…apparently they were quite vulnerable to light energy. I was momentarily distracted by charging up and ‘something’ chomped on my ankle causing me to momentarily buckle and dozens of the things jumped at me simultaneously and I was knocked to the ground.

I ripped and clawed at whatever was in front of me and whatever they were, were ripping and clawing back…but I was ripping and clawing faster and harder. I leapt up to my feet and grabbed whatever was on top or in front of me in a bearhug and felt the unmistakable sound of bones crunching, I clawed and ripped wildly at whatever was around me with little if any cognitive knowledge of what I was doing as at this point my instincts and feral nature took over entirely…

I unsheathed my katana and with a single swipe disemboweled the foul purple skinned creature before me. As’t per my training I compartmentalized the field of battle in that I was’t supremely focused upon whom or whatever was’t before me and killing them, then killing the fiend closest to the one I killed and so forth. Yet, at the same time I keep a permanent picture of the battlefield as a whole and the positions of my men and foes in the back of my mind as’t to know where’st friend and foe alike stands. Something that looked like a chimera only half man half spider stood immediately behind and to the left of the fiend I dispatched, nimbly, I sidestepped the creature to the right and beheaded it with a downward diagonal left slash of my blade to the back of its neck. A swift right horizontal slash displaced and scattered a floating wisp of black shadow which I assumed was malevolent, I followed with a slash in the opposite direction slaying two more of the purple creatures while’st darting forward to avoid staying in a single place for too long. The battle went on like this for quite awhile, myself darting to and fro, zigzagging between kills as’t my men push up around me and through the enemy…the things were’st so focused upon killing me it seems, that it allowed my men to push up the flanks more or less unmolested and cleave through the fiends.

Eventually, I came to the end of the line of sorts in that I had darted from kill to kill until I was literally at the rear of the enemy and I turned around to see that the enemy was crushed and bodies lay littered around me…with me at the forefront of our vanguard my men hath prevailed in the face of a new and strange threat. Suddenly it dawned upon me “Sir Sabin!” I cried aloud and dashed towards the other horde, only to find Sir Sabin atop a practical mountain of corpses killing what was apparently the last of the half spiders.

I was panting, and bleeding with minor cuts and wounds all over my body…but still I prevailed. I picked the bigger horde to charge towards, I didn’t want Cyan’s men putting their lives at greater risk needlessly…yeah, it was a battle and a bit of a risk but in the end I came out on top.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Cyan down in front of my little corpse hill “I see you guys finished first!” I yelled down to him and topped it off with a laugh

Cyan chuckled “Indeed, I suppose t’was folly of me to doubt thine abilities…after all I train with thee frequently.

I let out a hearty chuckle and looked around “you know, we should bring some of these…things…back with us for Cid to examine, maybe gain some insight into whatever the hell they are” to which Cyan replied with a nod

“A wise suggestion Sir Sabin” Cyan said and proceeded to order his men to collect corpses and I let out a sigh…that area on the back of my ankle that got chomped on was really sore for some reason…

It was an ordinary night in Figaro castle, most of the royal staff were asleep with a few pacing around the castle checking on this or that, the night shift guards were at their posts keeping a lookout, and I was in my throne room…with a nice new piece of ass on her knees in front of me giving me a blowjob, I reclined and smiled…life was good. Then suddenly out of nowhere ‘something’ opened up in the side of the wall…I don’t know what else to call it but a ‘vortex’ it looked like a black hole of swirling emptiness, at first I thought I was seeing things and began to peer closer then ‘something’ tore ass straight out of it. Whatever it was zipped straight past us and through the wall parallel, the servant’s quarter’s…and then I heard screaming. I practically kicked the poor girl in the face as I leapt to my feet and pulled my pants up, fortunately my arms and armor were on a display right next to me…a set of plate mail, my lance and of course my favored mechanized cross between a saw and sword…somewhat aptly named the Chainsaw. In just an instant there was pure chaos, the girl ran screaming out of my room, people were leaping from their beds, I heard sounds of carnage and death all around.

Before I could run from my throne room to see what the hell was going on more came through the vortex, this time black robed men clutching all manner of weapons, their faces painted with expressions of madness rushed towards me. With little time to react I impaled the first couple of cloaked men with my lance and promptly revved up my chainsaw to slash out the throat of another would-be assassin. More and more poured through the portal and I soon found myself fighting for my life, with each I killed two or three more came through the portal and gradually I found myself backing off and losing ground until I bumped back into the wall and my automatic crossbow with a full chamber of bolts and reloads fell from it’s hanger and into my hands. “DIE MOTHERFUCKERS! DIE!” I screamed and pulled the trigger spraying them all with bolts and luckily the fools had no armor underneath their cloaks and began dying in droves. A dozen, two dozen, three dozen maybe even four dozen were mowed down as I completely unloaded the chamber into their ranks and promptly slammed in a new chamber and unloaded another full chamber driving them back through the vortex.

I grabbed the rest of my gear ‘conveniently located on the walls of my throne room’ and barged out through my doors and into the main hall…and dozens, maybe hundreds of corpses were strewn about the place then from around a corner I heard the insidious laughter. ‘No, FUCKING, way’ I thought to myself as fear began to creep it’s way through my body…and sure enough, with the bodies of two dead young ladies in his hands, Kefka came walking out from around that very corner…back from the dead It would seem. Instinctively I unloaded the auto-crossbow into his chest cavity and each of the bolts pierced right through his skin to which Kefka responded by laughing and plucking each bolt from his body, as he did I saw the wounds they inflicted heal and close behind them. With a smile on his face and murderous intent in his eyes Kefka slowly approached, I thought my time was up but I suddenly remembered an old trick my father taught me before he passed…an old trick that foiled many assassination attempts. As Kefka approached I slowly and quietly unbuckled the back of my cape and as soon he was close enough I tossed it into his face temporarily blinding him and followed up by throwing a smoke bomb to the ground.

I retreated back into the main room from the front entrance and immediately began thinking about how to counter attack when Erickson and Ruben appeared from behind.

“Sir!, the castle is lost you must flee now or you shall surely die!” Ruben said very quickly

I responded with a sneer and began to decree “I shall never aba…” I was cut off immediately as Ruben and Erickson each grabbed one of my arms and ran with me straight out the front gates and practically threw me onto a chocobo which began galloping away at rapid pace. I looked over my shoulder and saw men and women, civilian and military, fleeing from every exit with Ruben and Erickson directing traffic so to speak getting everyone on chocobos and out galloping rapidly in the same direction as I…

“FATHER!” Terra screamed, it was the first word she had said since she fell into this coma and she began violently thrashing her limbs and head

“UMARO! HOLD HER DOWN!” I commanded and he obliged and stood over her holding her down to the bed…surprisingly he appeared to be struggling, which worried me. Suddenly Terra emitted a loud shriek and began metamorphing into her esper form and my eyes went wide, with the Espers gone and Kefka dead magic had left this realm...this should be impossible.

Terra opened her eyes and looked up at Umaro “Umaro, you can let go of me now” she said and Umaro cautiously and confusedly let go. “There’s no time to explain, I have to leave, now!” Terra declared and promptly flew out the window.

At a complete loss for words, I said the only thing I thought appropriate given the situation…

“What the fuck?!”

This post has been edited by Manoftyr on 28th October 2007 12:42

--------------------
Post #159004
Posted: 29th October 2007 02:12

Black Mage

Awards:
with a nice new piece of ass on her knees in front of me giving me a blowjob,

laugh.gif

Edgar's narratives are so entertaining.
Post #159021
Posted: 30th October 2007 03:33

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I believe I mentioned this to you in my half lucid/half asleep state last... morning?

Nice. That's about all I can say.

As always, Mog the Nihilistic Moogle is a personal favorite.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #159066
Posted: 31st October 2007 22:11

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
once again, very good, and on par with the balance and contrast of yin and yang, i love both fanfics equally, don't either of you ever stop writing. I agree, Edgar is awesome, and i think it would have been funnier had he been *on top* in bed, and he had had to throw her off his body... me, the save myself guy, would have thrown her into the robed people, and then fought naked, except for armor... roflmaool.
Post #159107
Posted: 8th November 2007 20:32

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
New chapter! woot I'm on a roll blush.gif

Chapter nine-The planar scope

The events of a few hours ago did not immediately dawn on me but over time they sort of all hit me at once. Kefka is alive, my castle has been taken and hundreds, no, more likely thousands of my subjects lay dead. We had made our way east to South Figaro and I had yet to speak a single word, I couldn’t bring myself to over the constant wails and sobs of the refugees who had lost loved ones…even as King I felt utterly powerless. Upon arriving in South Figaro I let Erickson and Ruben handle explanations as I simply went straight to my royal estate, locked myself in my bedroom and sat allowing myself to absorb all of the events that have unfolded in the past few hours, analyze all of the implications and devise a course of action…

“And that’s about the size of it General Garamonde” Sir Erickson explained as’t I reclined into my chair with a heavy sigh gripping my forehead. “The vortexes opened up everywhere in the castle in seconds there were tens of thousands of the cloaked cultists everywhere, and in some cases they were bolstered by monsters thought long extinct, dragons, behemoths and the like, as well as strange creatures the likes of which we’ve never seen before…we had no choice but to abandon the castle, it’s a miracle King Edgar survived at all.” Sir Erickson finished.

“That doesn’t make any goddamned sense!” Sabin shouted “if they wanted Edgar dead why didn’t they just pour into the throne room?” he reasoned.

“Lord Sabin your brother was not the target…Figaro itself was” Ruben chimed in

“I believe Kefka wanted to reserve killing Edgar for himself, that seems in keeping with his character and would definitely explain why so few of the cultists came through the vortex into the throne room” Erickson continued

“Then why bring any re-enforcements into the throne room at all?” Sabin questioned

“Kefka would know King Edgar’s fighting capabilities well, methinks he knew that in truth the cultists stood nary a chance at all” I openly speculated

“Makes sense” replied Ruben “definitely in fitting with Kefka’s known tendency towards not caring about the lives of those under his command” he continued

“How the fuck did they get in anyway?! And how the FUCK is Kefka back from the dead?!” Sabin exclaimed, making no secret as to the levels of his irritation and rage

“Well we can answer half of that at least…as far as we can tell our cultist prisoner opened the portals…” Erickson began

“WHAT?!” Sabin exclaimed “you mean that snot faced little shithead murderer caused all this?!” Sabin shouted practically frothing over at the mouth

“Sir Sabin! calm thineself…save thine fury for the battlefield” I advised and Sabin begrudgingly heeded

“Shortly before the attack he slit his arm open and began painting bizarre runes and symbols all over his cell wall in blood. He was doing such extremely quietly and by the time we had noticed he had practically covered the walls in symbols and had a large circle drawn on the ground…then using a sharp piece of rock he must have hidden he slashed his stomach open and bled out onto the circle causing all the symbols around him to glow with bright reddish yellow light, and that’s when the portals opened everywhere” Erickson finished

“We’re planning the counter attack as we speak, that’s why we’ve called you in here General Garamonde and Lord Sabin” Ruben chimed in and I sighed a heavy sigh…these were to be an agonizing sequence of days and nights…

It was morning and like usual we were woken up by Rachel barging into our bedroom in her nightgown clutching a stuffed animal.

“Alright, alright go wait in the living room mommy and daddy will be up soon” Locke assured her and she skipped off, closing the door behind her.

Locke grunted and lazily sat up on the side of the bed before slowly rising and rummaging through the drawers looking for his clothes, I decided now would be as best a time as any to ask him again “Locke…honey, when are you going to speak to your mother?”

Locke groaned with aggravation “Never…” he replied in a tone that suggested he was tired of this

“She sent another carrier pigeon letter…”

“Celes” Locke cut me off “I’m never going to speak to her again no matter how many god damned letters she sends and Rachel will ‘NEVER’ have a relationship of any kind with her, she’ll never even have to know she exists” he stated emphatically

“Damn it Locke…”

“Don’t ‘damn it Locke’ me, she walked out on me, when dad died she was all I had and she just up and ditched me…I was only six years old, six years old living on the street in the slums of Kohlingen…”

“I’ve heard the whole story Locke, several times” I cut him off “but that was twenty six years ago…people change” I reasoned

Locke shook his head “you’ve never met her…I saw her degenerate into a pathetic drug addict with my own eyes, I was there when she told me to go wait on a corner and then just split…that kind of human being ‘NEVER’ changes”

“Locke, you’re going to have to confront her one day” I insisted

“Why?” Locke questioned “why should I pay that pathetic, drug addled little bitch even the smallest bit of notice?”

“Because you deserve an answer” I stated

“Huh?” Locke looked puzzled

“Locke, what she did to you was awful…and you deserve an explanation” I began to explain before Locke cut me off again

“I don’t give a flying fuck what her excuses are, no explanation she could possibly give will change a damn thing” Locke nearly exclaimed

“That’s not the point” I said “you need to confront her, you need to get past this for the sake of your health!” I raised my voice slightly and Locke gave me a strange expression

“My health?” he asked

“Your mental health, your progress” I explained and he groaned

“We’ve talked about this hon, you…”

“Yeah, I know…I’ve got issues” Locke interrupted “no need to sugar coat it or call it something it ain’t, I’m a nutter, I’ve been through some serious shit in my life and I haven’t come out unscathed…I just don’t see how talking to the whore would help anything” Locke reasoned and I sighed in frustration

“A lot of what you’ve been going through stems from the relationship you have with your mother, or lack thereof, you have abandonment issues that haven’t been addressed…you need to go to your mother and get some closure” I explained, holding my head in frustration

“Have you been talking to Cid?” Locke asked with a smug grin and I suddenly found myself embarrassed “because that sounds ‘a lot’ like something out of one of his psychology textbooks” Locke continued

“Well…I uhhh” I blushed and Locke laughed and started to open the door “but Locke!, I called out”

“What?” he turned and I gave him a pleading puppy dog look

Locke sighed “I’ll think about it Celes, alright?”

I had minimal time to act as the world was in greater peril then ever before, even more then seven years ago. My visions had told a grim tale with even grimmer portents and even now I wasn’t exactly sure what to do…but I figured getting everyone together in one place to tell them all what I saw and what was going on seemed the most logical first step at least. After a couple minutes of flying around the planet at rapid speed I found what I was looking for, Setzer.

I descended onto Setzer’s airship to be greeted with a look of utter shock “Setzer we all have to meet in South Figaro immediately!, fly to Mobliz and pick up Umaro and Mog and Kohlingen to pick up Locke and Celes. Sabin, Edgar and Cyan are already there and I’m going to go get Gau and Relm now” I explained as Setzer gawked.

“umm, okay…just how are you?...” Setzer began

“No time to explain!” I cut Setzer off and flew off in the direction of the Veldt

Relm had gotten up and had prepared breakfast, I thanked her of course and said the ‘I love you’s’ and all that…but I didn’t say much else, my mind was elsewhere and I was uncharacteristically non-talkative. I had never thought much about my bizarre childhood as I’ve always been one to take life in stride, roll with the punches and not think too deeply about anything…but something about that dream had me thinking a lot more then usual. Who am I?, Who was that beautiful angel who mothered me?, Where did she take me?, Who were those Elves?, What happened when I gazed into that fire?, What am I?, Am I even human?, Is that madman even my real father? And why am I only pondering this now for the first time in my life?

“Gau?” Relm asked and I jumped slightly, roused from my pondering

“Oh!, uhhm…yeah?” I responded, snapping back to the present reality

“What’s wrong?” she asked

“Nothing, I just…had a strange dream” I replied

“Yeah…me too” Relm replied as she cleared the table

“Eh?” I replied

“Yeah it was strange…kinda disturbing too, I was wondering around in blackness searching for this voice that kept calling my name in desperation but it sounded like it was coming from everywhere around me at once and I couldn’t find it…eventually I just sort of got sucked up into the darkness surrounding me and started falling, and then I woke up” Relm explained as she washed dishes and put them away

“Did the voice sound like anyone in particular?” I asked

“Come to think of it, yeah it did…it sounded like Clyde” Relm responded and I sulked into my chair

“…we never should of left” I grumbled

“Gau there was nothing else we could do we looked everywhere and asked everyone, he disappears like that all the time it’s nothing to worry about” Relm reasoned

“I guess” I replied less then convinced…while it was true Clyde was known to vanish randomly but it didn’t seem right this time, I couldn’t put my finger on it but I had a strong hunch something strange was up. I began to slip back into my pondering when suddenly I heard a knock at the cabin door.

“I’ll get it” I called out while sitting up and lumbered over to the door and when I opened it I’m sure my expression was one of mixed shock and awe as there was Terra standing before me in full esper form.

Before I could even open my mouth to speak Terra spoke up “Hello Gau, I’ll explain why I’m in esper form shortly but right now we have ‘a lot’ to talk about” and with that she walked in and took a seat at the dinner table. I heard the sound of ceramic shattering and sure enough there was Relm standing in front of the kitchen sink staring aghast at Terra with a broken plate at her feet.

Terra sighed “I realize this is very strange and by all we understood, impossible, but there is a reason why I’m standing before you like this” Terra paused to look at me “Gau, this is of particular concern to you” Terra spoke with a grave and serious tone “now, I’m going to tell you some things that are going to surprise you and make you want to shout and question but it is imperative that I tell you everything I have to say as quickly as possible” Terra stated and I nodded, Relm stayed put in front of the sink flabbergasted.

Terra let out a deep sigh “Kefka has returned to the world of the living and just a couple hours ago launched a massive surprise attack on Figaro castle supported by legions of fanatical followers of the now resurgent cult of Kefka, they got in through several dozen vortexes opened all over the castle through the use of blood magick. Blood magick is the act of using the mortal soul energy of a willing sacrifice in order to bend the fabric of reality, it’s altogether different then the esper magic we know of and from what I understand far more ancient. When we slew Kefka our mortal plane was in the process of intersecting another plane of existence allowing some ancient, genderless, ageless being of primordial evil to bring him to its realm. I don’t know much about this entity except that it was created in the ancient beginnings of the universe when all was blackness and non-existence, life and the procreation of life is pain to it and it seeks to halt life and creation wherever it is able and from what I understand it holds an especial animosity towards the goddesses that created our realm for reasons I don’t yet understand. This entity somehow used this force called magick to bring Kefka back to life…”

Terra suddenly stopped and began to tear slightly before turning to face Relm “Kefka’s cult somehow kidnapped Clyde and used him as part of a ritual using various magicks” Terra paused and took a deep breath “first they used trapped souls and mortal sacrifices to open a temporary gateway to the entity’s ream from which Kefka emerged and through the use of more ritual magick the cultists created a parasitic lifeline of sorts between Clyde and Kefka’s body allowing Kefka’s spirit to siphon away Clyde’s life force as to be able to rise again in his physical form...I’m so sorry Relm, your fathers dead” Terra finished and Relm just stood there, staring blankly…she wasn’t crying, not even twitching or moving an inch…I think she was in shock.

Terra continued “I know this because my father contacted me recently through what’s called ‘astral projection’ essentially he projected his consciousness through the planes and into my own, something he can do only when the planes are in proper alignment which is what brings me to my main point” Terra paused and looked into my eyes to make sure I was paying close attention “the reason why it is possible now for all of this to be happening is because of the planar scope of things, see an esper’s physical form may have been located on a material plane linked to our own but their spiritual selves or ‘greater selves’ were always located on a separate plane of existence altogether…this is why they never truly ‘died’ in our world and only turned to magicite, their spirits are immortal and at the time were linked to their physical bodies but when magic as we knew it left our realm that left too and now they only exist spiritually on their spirit plane.”

“Now, this brings me to my main point…the planes, see, the planes are all linked to each other through our world, the mortal world, in a great web type pattern which the espers call The World Tree normally the planes branch out above and around our world and stay separate, having only minimal impact on one another but they slowly rotate around and every so often they overlap causing strange things to happen and making things normally impossible suddenly possible, for example, this phenomenon was what allowed Kefka to cheat death with the help of this entity so to speak. Right now the planes are in perfect alignment, something that hasn’t happened in over one thousand years, as a result of this alignment the planes aren’t separated by much and things that are normally completely impossible are suddenly not so impossible…this is why I’m in esper form, the realm where the esper spirits dwell is close enough to allow an exchange of energies, and apparently that exchange of energies is enough to activate my dormant esper powers…since I’m half esper my spirit is here with me and not on the esper’s plane which I suppose has allowed these energies to effect me like this. The planes will remain in this perfect alignment for over a decade as each plane’s individual magnetic pull pulls on the other causing them to lock together…they’re still rotating but very, very, very slowly and this puts our world, perhaps our entire universe in enormous jeopardy.”

“Kefka is now even more powerful then we remember him, all the power he once absorbed from the statues still remains within him although now it shows itself differently and is bolstered by the art of dark magick which Kefka has spent the last seven years since his death mastering under the watching eye of this entity…essentially Kefka has become the unwitting pawn, the avatar even, of an entity which wishes the absolute eradication of all life everywhere…a goal very dear to Kefka’s heart indeed. Kefka is also accompanied by demons in service to this entity, demons from a place the espers call The Abyss…an infinite spiraling vortex of darkness and violently howling gales…my father couldn’t tell me much else before he could no longer sustain his astral projection but the last thing he told me was of utmost importance according to him” Terra paused and gazed into my eyes “Gau, you are integral to the survival of this world, how, my father did not know…but he said the answers lay in you, buried deep in your subconscious…you’re something more then human and your bloodline stretches into another plane much like my does but it is at the same time nothing like how mine does”.

This more or less answered many of my suspicions from earlier this morning, but with all this new information rattling around in my head I had little in the ways of mental faculties to contemplate it…not with the knowledge that Kefka’s back from the dead and Clyde is in fact dead now revealed. I sighed “so what now?” I asked, since Terra seemed to have all the answers.

“I don’t know” she replied “I have to wait until tomorrow when my father can muster up the energy to astrally project so he can tell me more, but, until then I figure it’d be best to get everyone together in one location so Kefka can’t pick us off one by one which seems to be his plan, that and I can relay what my father tells me to everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible” Terra reasoned

“Sounds fair to me, where are we meeting up and how are we getting there?” I asked

“South Figaro and follow me” Terra replied as she walked out the door, I went over and brought Relm who was still heavily in shock out with me

“Alright, now what?” I asked and Terra grabbed each of us under her arm

“Hold on tight!” she yelled and she began spiriting us away to South Figaro as fast as she could…

--------------------
Post #159392
Posted: 1st December 2007 17:38

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Alright! another new chapter YEY! biggrin.gif

Chapter ten- Conceal and revelate

“And that’s pretty much it…” Terra finished her tale to those gathered

I surveyed the surroundings, everyone was here at my estate…Locke, Celes, Setzer, Sabin, Cyan, Mog, Umaro, Gau, Relm Erickson, Ruben even Cid was here having arrived shortly before Terra to examine the corpses of the strange creatures found in the catacombs. I sighed a heavy sigh, my people were in complete panic and despair a moment ago but have since regained some hope upon seeing Terra in Esper form...even close to a decade later people still remember the enormous power she once wielded…they expect her to be their messiah, to be the delivering goddess who will smash down this threat, I haven’t the heart to tell them that, that is not the case. While it is true that she can once again command her natural magical abilities, if not the magic she learned from magicite, and possesses her superhuman Esper strength once more…she is nowhere near a match for Kefka on her own, not even by a long shot.

“This is all very strange…” Celes began “if what you say is true then shouldn’t I have regained my natural spell casting abilities as well? I was infused with Esper energies as a child” she questioned

“I would assume so as well” Terra answered “but, I surmise that the reason you haven’t is because this metamorphosis in me is spiritual in nature and not biological…since you have no Esper ancestor and therefore no Esper spiritual energy you remain unchanged” Terra surmised

“That makes sense” Gau added

Locke began fidgeting with agitation then spoke “…I fought the empire when I had nothing to lose, Kefka ascended to power and threatened the world after everything had been taken away from me, I had nothing to live for, no hope, no reason to exist except to fight and defend…but now…” Locke glanced over to Celes, with Rachel on her lap “…he returns while I have everything and more to lose” Locke stood up clenching his fist with a manic scowl on his face “I swear…that I will defend to the death my daughter, my wife…my…family, no one will take this from me NO ONE! THEY WILL HAVE TO FIGHT ME TO THE DEATH AND BRING LEGIONS UPON LEGIONS BEFORE I…”

“Honey!, you’ve made your point!” Celes turned to Locke and stated firmly then grasped his thigh prompting him to sit back down whereupon Locke began muttering “…I…I can’t lose this!, this has been my salvation!” upon uttering that Locke buried his face in his hands whimpering and began rocking back and forth slightly while Celes rubbed his back and consoled him…I feel sorry for Locke, it stands to reason he would be frightened of history repeating itself for him.

Setzer put a firm hand on Locke’s shoulder and looked down at him “you would defend them to the death with me standing beside you as friend, ally and brother” he swore with a grim and serious tone.

Locke looked up at Setzer’s scarred pale face “thank you Setzer” he uttered.

Sabin looked towards Locke “You know I’d be by your side too bro, no one here is letting another go down without a fight!” he stated

Sabin’s statement resulted in an echo of “yeahs” and “that’s rights” which seemed to calm Locke down some

“Sorry…I just lost my head there for a second” Locke explained

“It’s understandable” I replied “Terra, when will Maduin be able to contact you with more information?” I asked

“He said by tomorrow” Terra replied and I nodded

“Well if that’s all the information you have I’d like to know what you’ve learned about these strange monsters, Cid” I asked

“Ahh, I was beginning to wonder when you were going to ask…well I’ve learned a little, they are definitely not of this world as their genetic structure and biology are completely alien to anything I’ve ever seen...they don’t even have respiratory systems. I haven’t had the time to learn much in the way of specifics but I do know that they are capable of injecting a strange venom which shows absolutely no outward symptoms, no pain, no seizures no tissue damage no…well, anything, but, it eventually will result in the victim’s death in a day at most...I discovered it when Sabin asked me about a sore ankle, I examined it and discovered the strange toxin and although Sabin felt minimal pain and exhibited no symptoms he was mere minutes away from death. The good news is that because of how slow and plodding a toxin it is it’s relatively easily treatable as long as you have the anti-venom handy which I immediately synthesized and administered from a blood sample from Sabin…it should be ready to mass produce in, well, if you could get me the equipment necessary I could start doing it right now!” Cid finished

“Done, I’ll have what you need within the hour” I proclaimed, it’s not so difficult to accomplish when you’re king of the most technologically advanced nation on the planet

“Most excellent!” Cid replied, “Until then I’ll continue studying these strange monsters and see if I can learn anything further from them” he finished and I nodded

“If there won’t be anything else myself, Cyan, Sabin, Erickson and Ruben need to begin discussing the counter attack…if you don’t mind” I motioned to the door for everyone to leave…

Edgar didn’t seem quite himself, but I didn’t figure he would after what’s transpired in his kingdom. I lazily lumbered out the door with Relm ‘who is still in considerable shock by the way’ by my side…it’s strange to see Terra permanently in Esper form like this, not to mention all the other strange shit that’s going on. After exiting Edgar’s estate the team formed into a semi circle of sorts just like old times, it seemed like the thing to do…after all we should be coordinating each other’s activities to ensure we’re close by at all times… Kefka could strike again at any moment it seems.

“Well, I guess it would make sense for us all to stay put in Figaro for now” Locke began

“I agree” said Terra “until my father contacts me again and I learn more about what’s going on it would be wise for us to all stay put” she concluded

I noticed out the corner of my eye Celes staring daggers at Terra “I’ll stay with Locke, alone” she said somewhat aggressively

Terra sighed “look Celes, I…”

“Save it Terra!” Celes interrupted “I don’t want to hear it, assuming we survive this ordeal we can address what happened…until then however, you just stay the hell away from my husband” Celes stated assertively

Terra shook her head slightly “fine” she said, “I guess I’ll just stay on the airship with Setzer, that way I can get some solitude to concentrate on the tasks at hand without being out of reach, so I doubt we’ll be having any problems Celes” Terra added with a snarky sarcastic smile

“Gau and Relm can stay on the airship too” Setzer added, I assume purposely interjecting between Celes and Terra to stop their bickering “this way it’ll be easy for us all to find each other, Locke and Celes can get a room at an inn, Cid can stay here to keep researching the monsters and the rest of us can just stay on the Falcon. I’ll keep it landed next to town so it’ll be easy for you to reach us when Edgar’s done with his meeting, afterwards, we can all meet there so they can explain their plan of action” he elaborated logically

“Makes sense to me” I chimed in

“So are we all in agreement then?” Setzer asked

“YEY! AIRSHIP FUN!!” Umaro shouted in childlike glee and Mog rolled his eyes, or at least what passes for a moogle rolling their eyes and Terra chuckled

“Umaro, if only the whole world could be as simple as you…we wouldn’t have these kinds of problems” Terra added with another laugh and Umaro laughed back like he does when someone makes a joke he doesn’t understand

“I’ll…take that as a yes then?” Setzer asked half-sarcastically prompting another cheer from Umaro to which Setzer replied with a laugh and started leading us off to the airship...but as we were walking Cid approached from behind and tapped Terra on the shoulder, I had a feeling I knew where this was going and a feeling I knew how this was going to end…

“Ermn…Terra I…”

“Shit off!” Terra snapped “I’m never going to forgive you, you took my fucking childhood from me which is something I can ‘never’ have back, and you murdered my father, I don’t care how much anyone claims you have changed or what excuses you have for what you’ve done I’ll hate you to my grave, and I can’t say that about anyone else in this world save Kefka” she snarled with seething anger…Cid was the one person I knew of who provokes instant revulsion in Terra, especially when trying to apologize for his past misdeeds…truth be told I don’t know ‘how’ you go about apologizing for what happened, and I don’t think Cid knows either.

Celes looked like she was about to rise to defend her ‘granddad’ but Cid raised his hand to stifle her “no, no…she has every right to still be angry with me, I fully expected such a response…I just figured this old fool would try his luck at making amends once more” he said and with a somber sigh added “…truth be told I haven’t forgiven ‘myself’ either” as he walked off.

Nothing more was said between any of us during out walk to the airship save to say there was a lot of nervousness in the air…we had all been taken by surprise by these events. Kefka is alive, thousands lay dead and apparently the fundamental building blocks of reality as we understand them have been compromised, needless to say we all had a lot on our minds, well, except for Umaro maybe. I however had perhaps even more on my mind; Terra has more or less confirmed my suspicion that there is indeed something otherworldly about my lineage and I can’t help but ponder the specifics of it…who am I?, what am I?, Who are these people from my dreams? Who was the angel who mothered me? and if the man who abandoned me on the veldt isn’t my father then who is?

As we approached the airship I realized I had a more immediate concern, Relm’s mental wellbeing…

It was a strange sensation as though I was ‘falling’ but through solid earth as if it were air and I could not move any of my limbs nor could I see a thing. I fell, fell and fell some more until I came to an abrupt stop and suddenly I could see, the first thing I saw was the sky…it was an odd shade of purple and lacked stars, I could see no moon either. I realized I was laying flat on my back and rose, dusting myself off I wandered around and began to survey my surroundings. There was nothing all around except for a tall mountain in the distance reaching so far into the sky I couldn’t see it’s peak…inexplicably I felt drawn to it. I walked towards the mountain passing pale blue flickering lights suspended in the air which seemed to be there solely for the purpose of leading the way to this mountain. Nearer and nearer I walked until I could see it’s foot in the distance…it looked as though there was a large gate carved into it’s base…

“The nerve of her!” Celes shouted as she entered the room behind me and slammed the door. “Cid’s done more then enough to atone for anything he may have had a hand in, in the past” Celes continued, I responded with a half frown relaying that I didn’t entirely agree and she returned a surprised look “What?, you don’t think so?, Cid’s ‘always’ been a good man…”

“That’s easy for us to say” I interrupted “but…Terra has had a whole different set of experiences then you have when it comes to Cid” I reasoned

“I understand that” Celes responded “but she’s being unreasonable I mean Cid was just following orders when he designed the slave crown, and he was just following orders when he experimented on Maduin” Celes insisted, defending her granddad

“I doubt Terra sees it that way, actually, I know for a fact she doesn’t…as far as she’s concerned he’s scum like the rest of the old Empire, it took all her force of will to not snap his neck the instant she caught sight of him…she hates him” I stated

“Well that’s just stupid!” Celes practically shouted “he didn’t put the damn crown on her head!”

“But he made it” I again stated a fact “and don’t try to tell me he didn’t know what he was making, I know he did, the thing was specifically tailored for Terra’s brainwaves and Esper DNA, even if he wasn’t told outright what it was to be used for it was more then implied” I continued

Celes stood there in thought for a moment and was about to open her mouth to say something when suddenly a knock came at the door…

The knock at the door was more then a welcome opportunity to end this unpleasant dialogue. No one trusts Cid except me...hell Locke and Edgar are the only ones I know of who even like him, Terra apparently loathes him and I’m sure if Cyan ‘still’ has reservations about completely trusting me then his feelings for Cid must be similar. It upsets me that no one thinks about how it makes Cid feel to be constantly lampooned and scorned for his past, no one thinks about how Cid might feel about his past actions now or even considers the possibility that he may in fact be honestly and truly ashamed of them. I opened the door and before me stood a small, wiry, late-middle aged woman; her clothes looked disheveled and somewhat dirty, her hair was unkempt and gray, her eyes were hazel, her complexion was quite pale and she was visibly trembling…her features actually reminded me…of…

I turned around to look at Locke who was standing there looking towards the ground and shaking with his hands at his sides clenched into fists.

“…L-Locke?” the woman asked timidly while peering around me

Locke immediately began walking towards the bedroom taking Rachel by the hand with him, “get her out of here” he said as he closed the door behind him, I turned around to face the woman who was now crying with her head buried in her hands.

“I’m sorry…I…I shouldn’t of come here” the woman ‘whom I could only assume was Locke’s mother’ uttered before she ran off in the direction of the exit, covering her face with her arm to conceal her tears. I watched her run down the hall and barge through the exit, sighed then closed the door…why is it so hard for people to forgive?

I looked up at the gate affixed into the base of the huge mountain before me, its size was tremendous and only seemed to get larger as I approached. Suddenly the door swung open and there stood a man of titanic stature dressed in a simple blue tunic with britches, he clutched a walking staff in one hand, was pale skinned and from what I could make out of his facial features was blonde and his eyes were some kind of shade of blue or green. The gigantic man peered down at me before taking a large book out of a pack swinging from his belt, he appeared to be thumbing through it looking for something when suddenly his eyes lit up “Ahh! Clyde Arrowny, if you’d please come this way I need to process your case for judgment” the titanic man spoke with a voice that was somehow soft and gentle.

“Judgment?” I asked as I was quite confused by all this, the last thing I remembered was…and then it hit me, I must be dead

Reading my expression the being nodded solemnly and spoke “yes Clyde you are indeed dead my name is Hod and this place is called Nifelhel, right now you’re inside the mountain Nidafjell which is where I process souls for their appropriate afterlife and eventual reincarnation…I suppose you could call me God of the Dead, I assumed the role shortly after the previous Goddess of death was slain in battle” Hod explained. “I can already tell by looking at your record that you don’t have much to fear, while it’s true I can already see your record is far from perfect you nevertheless played a pivotal role in preserving and saving your world and not once but twice acted with the utmost in pure, selfless heroism when no one else would or could…you see in the afterlife heroes are entitled to a large degree of leeway when it comes to judgment as well as multiple rewards…the powers that be tend to look very highly on bravery and self-sacrifice, but, I can’t say exactly what your fate is to be without thorough review of your life and conducting an interview…so if you would please follow me into my office” Hod finished

I sighed, it looked like my struggle this lifetime was finally over…at least if what this Hod fellow was telling was true then I’d be in for at least a somewhat pleasant rest…

--------------------
Post #160080
Posted: 30th January 2008 05:10

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Hey everyone, sorry about the lack of updates in The Spinning Wheel but I haven't been in much of a writing mood lately...I kinda just went through a pretty bad breakup and I've been bummed...so, it may be a little while before I feel like taking up the ol' keyboard and writing again.

Just wanted to let you guys know what was up.

--------------------
Post #162065
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: