CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
what classes did everyone pick?

Posted: 6th August 2007 22:05

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (laszlow @ 6th August 2007 13:59)

If you're playing the GBA or PSP versions, then Masters, Ninjas, and Knights are much closer together in usefulness.

Actually I'm very dissapointed by the Ninja in the PSP version. Lowest HP of all "fighter" classes, and even lower than the white mage (although the problem is more that the HP of the white mage are too high). The Ninja does not hit harder than the Knight. (my knight as Excalibur and ninja masamune!!!).

so yeah, dissapointing

This post has been edited by zarghster on 6th August 2007 22:05
Post #154977
Posted: 7th August 2007 16:23

Returner

Fighter, thief, white mage and black mage.
Post #155009
Posted: 19th August 2007 12:11

Returner

Awards:
Knight
Knight
Monk
Wh. Mage.

100% Extras (on PSX version)

--------------------
'As the Sun touches the ocean -
I know it touches you.
As the night kisses the moonlight
I still think of you.' - Milk, Inc. <3
Post #155865
Posted: 20th August 2007 05:11

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
the cast of 8-bit Theatre, Black Mage/Wizard with Ultima Weapon (DoS), all characters w/ maxed out stats.

'Nuff said.

--------------------
HSUP B TCELES
Post #155910
Posted: 10th October 2007 18:22

Returner

Awards:
Well after pwning FF1 (DoS) with Knight, Ninja, White, and Black party (lvl 60ish) I decided to attempt it again but with a pure Knight party...

Well I finally beat Chaos with them. I had to level them to 99 and use ALOT of items.

Using Giants Gloves and Hermes Shoes I up'd my Knights attack power and hasted them over 4 rounds, while keeping 1 Knight per round free to use healing items (x-Pots, Elixers, and Megalixers)

Suprisingly enough, if you get lucky and Chaos doesn't use alot of aoe spells this fight is pretty easy. I managed to beat him in about 6 rounds, only using 1 x-pot, and 1 megalixer... I haven't fought through the Whisperwind bosses or attempted Omega, and Shinryu. I will let you know how those battles turn out.

EDIT: Omega and Shinryu are impossible with an all Knight party ;p

Going to try a 2 Master, 2 Red Wizard party. Should be ALOT easier than the 4 Knight party...

This post has been edited by Makoeyes21 on 12th October 2007 12:10
Post #158270
Posted: 7th November 2007 15:34

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Black mage
White mage
Red mage
Fighter/Thief/Monk

My favorite team ^_^

This post has been edited by Gigantuar on 8th December 2007 10:41
Post #159333
Posted: 7th November 2007 20:34

Returner

Awards:
Knight-Fightr-lvl 90
Ninja-Theif-lvl 86
Red Wizard-Redmag-lvl79
Black Wizard-Blkmag-lvl85

i like my blk mage using ultima weapon happy.gif

oh and havent beat shinryu yet but i have beat omega thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Magetaine on 7th November 2007 20:36

--------------------
Black Mage: A master of destructive magic
White Mage:A master of healing magic
Red Mage: Jack of all trades, masters of none
Blue Mage: Master of enemy skills
Fighter: What the hell is he doing on the list!
Post #159338
Posted: 9th November 2007 18:05

Returner

i have beat the and still have it ill poste the upgraded classes and the weapon there using wuth there level and where the weapon came from

1: knight level 94 with the sword ultima weapon(from wisper wind cove floor 40 after the boss)
2:ninja level 93 with the katana masume(from the boss omage in lifespring grotto floor 30)
3:white wizerd level 94 with the katana masumane(it is the most powerful sword in the original verson of the game)
4:red wizerd (rocks if used right) level 94 with the sword lightbringer((holy when used)from the boss deaths gaze in wisperwind cove floor 40)

this is in the psp verson of the game

--------------------
I may not be good at comebacks but i rock at everything else... Wait... I suck at all that too.
Post #159412
Posted: 15th November 2007 00:59

Returner

My first completion was with a Black Belt, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage. It took over a year because I was only 3 (4 when I completed it) and wasn't much for strategy.

Later I did the RM/RM/WM/BM "Supermagic" party, and I got pretty far with 4 fighters but I couldn't get to the Undersea Shrine... I forget what kept killing me though.

I've tried a lot of other combinations but the only other one I actually beat the game with was Thief/Fighter/Black Mage/Red Mage (as silly as that order is, yes, that order - Nuklear Power, anyone?). That was on Dawn of Souls, though.

I also successfully did a Level 1 Class Change, by way of killing off my Fighter and White & Black Mages and advancing my Red Mage (same growth rates as Red Wizard, so no penalty for leveling him up a lot) enough to do the Ordeal. Biggest problem was definitely the Ice Cave. pinch.gif

--------------------
A demon wakens with the night,
reviling sun and all things bright.
Evil's friend and virtue's foe;
Darkness comes where Nightfall goes.
Post #159650
Posted: 18th November 2007 00:52
Onion Knight

Awards:
When I first went through on the NES version I used 2 Fighters, A Black Mage and a White Mage. On the PSX version I decided to go with all thieves and then all Red Mages
Post #159728
Posted: 19th November 2007 04:01
Returner

My fave party to use:

Red, fighter
Volt, red mage
Sarah, white mage
Leon, black mage

Also:

Volt, fighter
Red, thief
Sarah, white mage
Leon, black mage

Most recent(class upgraded, only lich dead):

Volt, red mage
Red, fighter
Sarah, white mage
Leon, thief
Post #159755
Posted: 7th December 2007 22:07

Returner

My group is really quite simple. Maybe because I just started.

Warrior

Monk

Black Mage

White Mage

And if anyone knows how I can name input my own names for them on the PSP version I would really like to know.

--------------------
Whats up guys?
Post #160237
Posted: 8th December 2007 01:50

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
My and my friends decided to make an FF party, so I now have a new file

Lyger wanted a Warrior
I picked Monk
Advent chose Red Mage
And Angel picked White Mage
Post #160240
Posted: 25th February 2008 04:45

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I had a Knight, Red Wizard, Black Wizard, and Ninja at the end and I couldn't beat Omega or Shinryu to save my life
Post #163151
Posted: 14th March 2008 00:44

Onion Knight

Awards:
I picked the following

2 Black Mages
2 White Mages

--------------------
Hadoken!
Post #164010
Posted: 18th April 2008 20:07
Returner

Fighter
Black Mage
White Mage
Fighter
Post #165749
Posted: 19th April 2008 00:07

Returner

Hi guys I'm new biggrin.gif \. I like to use 2 fighters, a black mage and a white mage. A bit expensive, with the fighters and all, but it makes things way easier to kill thumbup.gif

--------------------
One to be born from a dragon
hoisting the light and the dark
arises high up in the sky
to the still land.
Veiling the moon with the light of eternity
it brings another promise to mother earth
with a bounty and mercy.

Post #165765
Posted: 27th August 2009 02:27

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. 
I usually go Fighter, Monk, White Mage, and Black Mage. I've just never been fond of the Thief.
Post #180738
Posted: 27th August 2009 15:23

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN EPL, 2010. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I've only beat the game with Knight, Master, WM and BW. Which is the same part as yours. However recently I found Fighter, Thief, RM and BM to be really useful. Thief has enough attacking power to be slightly useful and running away in most dungeons is usually the best option. After the upgrade the thief kick so much arse that it's almost blinding. The black magic is eh but they can equip almost as much weapons and armor as the fighter and still have great evade and escaping skills.

--------------------
If god is all-forgiving then why do we have to kill people in his name?
Post #180748
Posted: 28th August 2009 00:24

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
My one run through (so far) was that party too. Next I wanna' give a go with an RM, Fighter, Thief and I'm not sure between WM or BM or another RM.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #180762
Posted: 28th August 2009 01:21

Black Mage

Awards:
I have only played the Advance version (once).

I know you didn't asked but I'm also telling you how I named my guys. Actually, I was lazy and went through the default names until I found something of my liking, except one.

Desh the fighter – Who doesn't use a fighter?. The name: From FFII, whoop-de for NPCs that have more personality than main characters.
Gerad the thief – Thieves suck, but ninjas are worth it. The name: I just HAD to.
Sosa the red mage – My favorite class, they might not shine at the end, but they are well rounded for the majority of the game. Besides the pimp hat is pimpin'. The name: If you read 8-bit theater you'll probably know why. Or maybe I should have gone with Deborah?
Elia the white mage – I always get paranoid if I don't have a reliable source (or two) of healing with me. The name: FFIII again, see Desh, also I like her theme tune.

I didn't use the monk because I don't like the pure brawl types. On the other side of the spectrum is the black mage, he/she got benched for the opposite reason. It's funny, black mages or elemental/natural mages are my favorite class in other kind of games.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #180768
Posted: 28th August 2009 01:27

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
The exact same as Sandyboots. I could say some stuff, but he's stated all my opinions. the only differences are the name: I have Rob the fighter, Clive the thief, James the red mage and Jon the white mage.

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #180769
Posted: 28th August 2009 01:41

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Yoink?

My first party on the NES was Fighter, Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage, mostly because it was what I was told was the best party. I still think it is for the NES version.

On the GBA, I did a lot of experimenting. My favorite party ended up being Fighter, Red Mage, Thief, and Monk. I liked variety, and I liked bone-crushing normal attacks. Magic? That's for healing and making normal attacks all the more destructive.

--------------------
Post #180771
Posted: 29th August 2009 21:21

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
My first party consited of a warrior, a monk, a white mage, and a black mage.

My party for my second run of the game(to complete the art gallery) had a warrior, a theif, a white mage, and a red mage. I don't like having multiples of the same class in my party.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #180839
Posted: 30th August 2009 22:58

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
My current party is 4 Masters
We just beat Kraken, maxed out our money and the clock just hit 5 hours of gameplay
Post #180872
Posted: 31st August 2009 17:55

Black Mage

Awards:
SNES, PSX or GBA version? Cause the last one is pretty easy (in comparision to the others...:x)

I used a WM, RM (<- Has the important low level black magic like haste & steel + WM + decent attack power...so..it isnt that bad), Monk and thief. Though, in the next playthrough I would trade the thief for a other monk or knight. even ninja isnt THAT strong, IMHO a RM is better, not much less atk pwr (GBA version) + a whole bunch of nice spells whcih can be useful.
Post #180929
Posted: 10th March 2010 21:20

Returner

Awards:
Fighter/Fighter/White Mage/Black Mage.

I wanted to try a Red Mage since I like them so much, but never got around to it. tongue.gif
Post #184231
Posted: 18th March 2010 08:03
Returner

I have beaten the game with

Fighter; Blackmage; Whitemage; Redmage

I am currently trying

Fighter; Blackmage; Redmage; Thief

Am hoping to try

Fighter; Monk; Monk; Redmage
Post #184347
Posted: 23rd March 2010 11:48
Returner

I'm doing four warriors, because I hate mages in this game. idk why
Post #184482
Posted: 27th March 2010 12:49

Onion Knight

Awards:
I usually go for Fighter, thief, wm, bm, but i'm now doing a 4 wm playthrough and it's making my brain hurt wacko.gif

--------------------
No matter how hard I try, I just can't get worried about it!
Post #184573
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: