CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What is the language? Lyrics? (FFXIII: LR)

Posted: 7th October 2017 01:58

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Hey all, hope you are doing well. Since we've all been going through our favorite FF soundtracks, I've found something interesting in the Lightning Returns one. Fang has a new theme in that one, it's a bit darker than the one in the first game. Unlike the first one, this theme has a chorus singing in the background. Link is here

The thing is, I can't find any lyrics online of this song. Heck, I don't even know what the language is. I'm assuming Latin, but I can't be too sure. If anybody can figure out anything, even just the language, I'd be grateful. Fang is an interesting character to me, and I'm wondering if these lyrics reflect her emotions during her story arc in the game.

--------------------
Post #213504
Posted: 8th October 2017 23:48

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I listened to the track, but unfortunately the lyrics are too indistinct for me to make out what they're saying. sad.gif I'd guess it's latin, but that's only a guess. I see my favorite sites for FF lyrics -- fflryics.com and the final fantasy wikia -- don't have the lyrics listed. The latter just says that it has haunting lyrics.

I have to thank you for posting this, though, because it got me to re-Google the lyrics to the orchestral arrangement of Dancing Mad, which I've been curious about for a while. Happily, wikia has the lyrics now! They didn't last time I checked.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #213506
Posted: 9th October 2017 00:25

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I appreciate your effort and I'm glad to hear it benefited you. I didn't know Dancing Mad had an arrangement with lyrics, that's cool to know. happy.gif

I am willing to go on a quest to figure this out. Whether that means trying to contact somebody at SE (I don't foresee that plan working, but I will try it anyway), or just posting on different internet websites until somebody knowledgeable pops up.

--------------------
Post #213507
Posted: 10th October 2017 16:44

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Yeah, I didn't realize just how low the voices were mixed relative to the instruments until I opened up the link. I think Latin is a reasonable guess for a lot of reasons, but there's just not enough there to try to guess, and I don't know Latin anyway. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213513
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: