CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Tales of Zestiria (PC) Alisha DLC still unavailabl

Posted: 7th January 2016 20:48

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Yay for character limit cutting off my title.

Anyway, I'm bring this issue to your attention at the request of a friend who is a big Tales series fan. So, hat-tip to him for telling me about it.

As you may know, the Tales of [some word] series is well-known and oft-praised series of action JRPGs from Bandai-Namco. One of its entries, Tales of Zestiria, recently came to PC, and is available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/351970/ Part of the game is a side-story focusing on one of the main characters, Alisha. It is available as a DLC known as Additional Chapter: Alisha's Story: http://store.steampowered.com/app/382470/

This DLC was pulled from the store apparently following the report of a save file bug. The bug seems to have been fixed for the PC release, and the DLC has been available for purchase on the Playstation Store, but not PC, for unknown reasons.

TL;DR: Alisha's Story has been unavailable for purchase for 2 months, despite the issue that caused it to become pulled apparently having been fixed on December 4, 2015.

Another TL;DR version: This tweet should summarize the issue: https://twitter.com/Snowlessflake/status/685181261795717120

As for what you can do? I don't really know. Join the fan uproar, I guess? There's a small but possible chance that Bandai-Namco hasn't yet done anything about this because they're unaware of the demand, though I think other reasons may be at play as well.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 7th January 2016 20:50

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210232
Posted: 14th January 2016 19:40

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Update: It is now available for purchase once again.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 14th January 2016 19:43

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210280
Posted: 5th February 2016 19:35

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Aww the tales of series. It filled the hole the newer final fantasy's have left. Anyone wishing final fantasy was like it was back in the ps1 era should try tales of symphonia. ToS is their final fantasy 7 (most famous and most well-done game) and is the one most likely to get you into the series if you're going to get into it. That game made me feel in ways I havent felt since I played IV-X. I've played a lot of the titles and the series is like going through the entire final fantasy series. Some games have cooler characters, others better stories, others better battle systems. I definitely am fanboying a bit but if you've been wanting a final fantasy game that feels like they used to. This series MAY do that for you. I will warn you though. Namco doesn't show the rest of the world anywhere near as much love for this series as they do to the japanese fans. There are whole games that we still have never seen outside of japan and, for awhile there, Japan was getting multiconsole releases for all games while each game was getting one random console. So there have been challenges being a nonjapanese fan.

btw, if anyone does want to try ToS. Outside of japan, It's gotten a gamecube release, a PS3 release that includes it's sequel in a pack called, "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles", and it's apparently gotten a really crappy PC port here recently.

This post has been edited by TrueBOSS on 5th February 2016 19:41

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210453
Posted: 5th February 2016 22:27

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I think Tales of Symphonia isn't even one of the five best Tales Of games. I prefer Phantasia, Eternia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces to that thing. The only reason Symphonia was popular at all is because the GameCube barely had any good JRPGs and its 3D co-op was pretty good (but way better in Abyss and Vesperia).

It is interesting that we're getting Tales Of games on the PC now, though. They're classic action-JRPGs and I hope this means more PC releases of JRPGs in general.

--------------------
Post #210456
Posted: 5th February 2016 22:53

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
They all are really good. I just figure ToS is a very solid one to start people out on the series with. It is the tales of's most popular of the series. (Although it's trophy list is one HELL of a grind!) Just stay away from tales of legendia or Hearts as a first game from this series. They're both alright in their own regards but they are far from the best and might not leave a good first impression.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210457
Posted: 5th February 2016 23:33

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The most popular in the series is technically Tales of Destiny, which is the only game in the series that's sold over a million copies. Tales of Symphonia is the one that was most successful outside Japan. I guess it's fine for a first Tales game, but I would still recommend Abyss or Vesperia ahead of it if you want a co-op 3D action RPG.

--------------------
Post #210458
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: