CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Newer games made older

Posted: 24th May 2020 15:05

Returner

Hello! I have a suggestion for anyone that likes the graphics of “old” Final Fantasy games (ff 1,2,3,4,5,6) the suggestion is old graphics for ff7 and beyond, including Chrono trigger. Basically, any “newer” game with 3-d graphics would be given the looks of Final Fantasy six. I hope this is appealing to anybody.

This post has been edited by Moogle man on 24th May 2020 15:50

--------------------
“Sorry for hitting you in the face with a palm tree that time.” - Belkar Bitterleaf

I bought a wooden whistle. But it wooden whistle. So I bought a steel whistle. But it steel wooden whistle. So I bought a lead whistle. But it steel wooden lead me whistle.
Post #216149
Posted: 15th July 2020 19:26

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Dragon Quest on the Nintendo Switch has both options the newer graphics and the old SNES graphics. Its actually a pretty cool feature.

--------------------
His Divine Shadow

Got Lexx?

Click to vist FFF.

Post #216214
Posted: 17th July 2020 21:30

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
There exists a fangame of FF7 that's basically an NES "demake" of at least part of the game. I don't know how extensive it is. I do know that it is in Japanese, and I don't know whether it's been translated or not.

I did recently buy this game, which seems to have two settings for its graphics -- an NES-style setting and an SNES-style setting.
https://tccoxon.itch.io/lennas-inception

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #216235
Posted: 18th July 2020 14:35

Returner

I apologize, but I heave never played Dragon Quest or FF7. I’m more of a Mtg, dnd, and rpg kinda nerd then a gamer. The reasoning behind never playing FF7 is because it used to be ALL I’d hear about, every day, everywhere, whenever I mentioned final fantasy.
Anyways, I’m glad to see that others haven’t given up on old-style graphics. I, personally, judge a game by its story, gameplay, and enjoyment while playing, not graphics. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like newer graphics! I’m playing FF9 and loving it!

--------------------
“Sorry for hitting you in the face with a palm tree that time.” - Belkar Bitterleaf

I bought a wooden whistle. But it wooden whistle. So I bought a steel whistle. But it steel wooden whistle. So I bought a lead whistle. But it steel wooden lead me whistle.
Post #216236
Posted: 21st July 2020 05:44

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
If you're talking about old-style graphics in general, they're actually pretty popular these days. There were always a few developers/companies making 2D sprite-based games, but they were very much niche things in the 00s but became much more of a thing as indie games gained prominence in the 2010s, and I think as a number of adults who grew up with video games came back into the market seeking nostalgia. These days, revivals, remakes, retro-style things,and mini-consoles with old games are a pretty substantial segment of the market.

Just now I wrote up a post about a platformer inspired by the Sonic games, over here.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #216239
Posted: 13th November 2020 23:57

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Moogle man @ 18th July 2020 09:35)
I apologize, but I heave never played Dragon Quest or FF7. I’m more of a Mtg, dnd, and rpg kinda nerd then a gamer. The reasoning behind never playing FF7 is because it used to be ALL I’d hear about, every day, everywhere, whenever I mentioned final fantasy.
Anyways, I’m glad to see that others haven’t given up on old-style graphics. I, personally, judge a game by its story, gameplay, and enjoyment while playing, not graphics. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like newer graphics! I’m playing FF9 and loving it!

Final Fantasy VII is a pretty good game.

Playing them in Chronical Order can be harder since

- Before Crisis is an old Mobile game
- Crisis Core which is AMAZING never released digitally. Also what happens would spoil important story points of FF7.
- Final Fantasy VII would be the next game in the order
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is very easy to buy but the problem is it can be a snore fest.
- Dirge of Cerberus is sadly an action game but the story is great. You need to play Crisis Core to understand some things going on.

- Final Fantasy VII Remake happens after Dirge of Cerberus takes places. You'll be very confused unless you play Crisis Core. Also Dirge of Cerberus will also help you understand some the places you visit underground that the story does not talk about.

*Also its important to note if you only play the original Final Fantasy VII there are many story points you'll miss. Also if think the game is a 'Remake' it really isn't. The world was remade or remaked due an event after Dirge of Cerberus but its all apart of the story. Final Fantasy VII is not a remake its a sequel.

--------------------
His Divine Shadow

Got Lexx?

Click to vist FFF.

Post #216371
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: