CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What game(s) have you poured the most time into?

Posted: 2nd October 2013 19:24

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Final Fantasy VI. I have played that game four times through, and every time I play I spend a little more time on it. The nostalgia is strong here.
Post #204785
Posted: 2nd October 2013 19:47

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Chell172 @ 28th June 2013 09:26)

About 200 into CT, and a good 50 into TWEWY.

I have about 110 hours and I have like 56% of the pins i need too and 96% of the Items But i love that game its a shame not a lot of people know about it where i am.

--------------------
So Zetta Slow!
Post #204787
Posted: 3rd October 2013 02:04

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Are there other video games besides Final Fantasy 6? I've forgotten

Also, I don't believe I can hear the Veldt theme music ever again...just having said it now is giving me a 1000 year stare

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #204789
Posted: 3rd October 2013 05:40

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I've logged more than 1000 hours across various FFT files, but aside from that I'm pretty good at not playing video games to excess.
Post #204796
Posted: 6th March 2014 13:37

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I've played FFIV and FFVI a lot. Played through Zelda ALttP a lot too.

I know I spent a lot of time on Diablo 2 and a good bit on Warcraft 3... regular and mods.

More recently, I had about 200 hours on my PS3 Skyrim save and then when it failed, my brother got it for me on Steam and I did another 200 hour file.
Post #206270
Posted: 6th March 2014 17:36

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
The game I've probably wasted the majority of my childhood on would definitely be Super Smash Bros Melee. I played that game for a good 7 years until Brawl came out and mostly by myself or whenever my friends would come over. Now that I think about it, the amount of hours I've spent in that game would probably make my head hurt if i ever really knew. eh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Too be forgotten is worse than death - Freya Crescent
Post #206277
Posted: 6th March 2014 19:02

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Final Fantasy 4
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy Dimensions

FF4 and 6 i've probably wasted at least half a year (in hours) at least. I just love those to final fantasies (FF4 ds and FF6 SNES, IOS)

--------------------
Excuse me? Would you mind not talking while I'm interupting?
Post #206281
Posted: 6th March 2014 20:19

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
By the time I'd finished with Fallout: New Vegas, my single playthrough clocked about 350hrs. Which obviously didn't factor in restarts/reloads/do-overs.

Yeah, that's comfortably my record...

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #206284
Posted: 20th March 2014 16:00

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Nice thread revival; I see I must've missed this one the first time around.

For me, my two favorite games of all time come to mind immediately: Final Fantasy X and Vagrant Story. My main file in FFX has at least 130 hours logged, and I've beaten it another three times besides - not to mention the time I've spent with friends while they played. One of those times was over the 100-hour mark as well, since I was also writing a walkthrough and doing data collection.

Vagrant Story has a New Game + feature that opens up a lot of new material, and as such it's really worth playing through the game three times per 'playthrough' in order to be able to reach the additional areas, extra puzzles, and obtain the more powerful equipment. I've done that twice, which I think puts me in the neighborhood of 140 hours.

The third one to mention would be Minecraft. When the MC urge is on, it's on; there have now been two month-long periods in my collegiate career in which I've clocked 2-3 hours a day.

I certainly don't regret the time I've spent on the first two games: my love is usually invested in the story, so all additional labor in my mind goes towards filling out that experience of the world. Minecraft, to me, feels a bit different, just because the payoff is in the creation - and once the server you're on goes away, so does the creation.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #206412
Posted: 22nd March 2014 05:10

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
(LOL, forgot I already posted in this topic.)

This post has been edited by Shotgunnova on 22nd March 2014 05:12

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #206427
Posted: 24th March 2014 21:19
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I just started replaying DQVIII; when I first bought it I played it until I was completely maxed out in every way, and possibly longer. I chuckled (and cried a little) when I saw that single save state staring back at me with 132 hours logged.
Post #206443
Posted: 10th October 2014 22:10

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 26th June 2013 15:19)
I definitely have hundreds of hours spread across Final Fantasy Tactics files on various platforms (since I have owned it on three platforms!). I also have over 300 hours combined between the two Left 4 Dead games.

I have something like eighty hours on Final Fantasy XIII in just one file. Some people out there will think that's like six hundred in another game, but those people are silly.

I ended up with about 105 in FF13 before I moved on to 13-2, and I've now got about 80 in that game and I expect another six or so to finish it 100%.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #207535
Posted: 13th October 2014 09:34

Cactuar

Awards:
Don't remember anymore. Like RPG's, JRPG's, Shooters and whatever my channel shows on youtube. Like simple to complex combat games. Don't mind a good story once in a while.

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #207556
Posted: 12th November 2014 11:35

Returner

uhm.... it's hard for me to say... but I put a lot of things into playing Persona 4... I really want one of the last personas... pinch.gif

But other then that, I put a lot of time into playing FFIX before even fighting Kuja for the last time...

Yet, I never played a game, more then 80 mins... Lunar 2 doesn't count since... I had problems... and now my ps2 won't play it. -pouts-

Sadly the only game I play a lot that isn't a rpg or on anything other then the pc, would be sims 3...

--------------------
I'm lost in the darkness...
Not one soul around me...
Yet one floutly orb, won't go away.
-~-~-
randomish... might work for an ffau story... >w>
Post #207673
Posted: 14th November 2014 10:14

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
As of this writing, I have played Final Fantasy VI approximately 44,329 times.

Give or take.

I really don't think I could play it again unless somebody was playing it with me.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #207723
Posted: 18th November 2014 17:25

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
For me it's most likely Dota 2, with about 1660 hours played.
Post #207752
Posted: 5th June 2015 22:59

Engineer

Awards:
Kinda hoping to take the cake on this one.

380+ hours on Pokemon Leaf Green (My first Pokemon game - I completed the Elite Four in excess of 250 times to raise an army of Level 100 Pokemon.

I then restarted after getting bored of breeding the things and racked up a separate 100 hour save file on that too. This is before I acquired Fire Red, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald - let's call it an average of 60 hours on each.

Then RPG's came into my life. My first was ARC: Twilight of the Spirits (I know, not FF unsure.gif ) which I sank at least 80 hours into. Not quite sure how, looking back at the game but it was love, what can I say.

Final Fantasy VI & VII I have played a lot over the years. I could not even imagine the hours to life ratio.

These days I procrastinate by playing League of Legends, and have become rather proficient for someone who's only been playing it a year. I have a highly addictive personality, better gaming than drugs I always say!
Post #208978
Posted: 26th January 2017 17:56

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
I want to start this thread back up again if possible, I enjoyed looking over everyone's stories and the games they sink their time into.

Most of what I have said previously is still true (I have logged even more hours on World of WarCraft since), but want to add that Stardew Valley is my latest time sink. I have logged 400 hours into that now apparently, and it has only been out a little more than a year. It is a perfect combination of my love for the old Harvest Moon games (of which I've sunk endless hours in as well), and a new fresh take with way better dialogue and improvements upon almost every single thing the HM franchise had going for it. It really has been an incredible experience.

With my free time slowly chipping away as I'm getting older, I lately find more comfort in playing old games again for their familiarity over trying lots of new games. I'm not quite sure why that is. Guess I'm just becoming a grumpy old man. Don't get me wrong, I loved new phenomenal games like Undertale as much as the next person, but there's just something about finding new ways to break an old game that are endlessly entertaining to me.

This post has been edited by TheEvilEye on 26th January 2017 18:29
Post #212023
Posted: 31st January 2017 20:59

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I have spent well over 1,000 hours on Final Fantasy VIII.

Probably a few thousand on EA's NHL franchise over the years.

Pushing 1,000 on Final Fantasy Tactics, Civilization IV.

Several thousand more on the Pokemon games for GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS.

Probably around 500+ hours on the Tomb Raider franchise.

Over the years though, I'm probably pushing 10,000 on Mario games haha.

I don't like very many things, so the things I do enjoy, I spend a lot of time on.

--------------------
Post #212060
Posted: 31st January 2017 21:25

Black Waltz

Awards:
You know what I'm going to do?

I'm going to start a new game of FF7 which I will play to the end of right now, neglecting all my social and familial obligations until such time as Omnislash is executed.

It is the 20th anniversary of FF7's Japanese Release Date and by God I'm gonna kill that GUY!!

DEATH TO YOU YOU SEPHIROTH!

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212061
Posted: 2nd February 2017 02:28

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Last time I commented in this thread was 2013. I have since blown away my 132 hrs in DQIX with over 500hrs in Skyrim on a single game. The reason I'm still playing on it is I haven't yet gotten all the achievements for the game yet.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #212083
Posted: 3rd February 2017 08:07

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Metroid games for sure one of them.I spend a lot of time exploring and enjoying the atmosphere, because it is so important in the game series.

Zelda games:Don't ask me how many times i have played zelda, because i don't know
Dark souls.I haven't had a game in a while hook me that much, and keep me wanting more.Even after i beat it i wanted more, but decided i didn't want to spoil what i had and replayit another time.I was hooked for a bitover a month with this game, and thats pretty insane.

Various ff games:Because i obsess over getting everything and i can't help it.Only game i wanted to be done with is 13.Even 7 was more entertaining for me.

Chrono trigger:Because its so good, and it has multiple endings.This game predates mass effect multi ending options, and it has it this early.It has solid music, solid story solid gameplay, making it a very enjoyable experience

Suikoden series, especially 1, 2.I never got into 5 for some reason, and i never beat it.I put it down and left it.Suikoden 1 was good and fun.I didn't take it too serious(like ff5) and thought even though it was kinda cheesy at times, and the graphics weren't that good for ps1, it was quite enjoyable.Suikoden 2 was where the series got real good.I play games a lot of times for story, and the villain is very memorable(like kefka)

Castlevania 4:I love castlevania 4 more than any other one i think in the series.The atmosphere music even good whipping and fair challenge, make it a amazing game.Sure it could have been a little harder, but thats not the point:Point is you aren't limited by whipping direction.Castlevania X rondo of blood went backwards to castlevania nes style controls, and being completely helpless when on stairs.That of course doesn't disqualify the quality of the games, as castlevania 3 has excellent music(better than 1 in my opinion) and amazing level design.

Kartia word of fate:I played multiple times and a amazing experience.The story is about using these magic cards to summon stuff, but they find out that the stuff they summon isn't unlimited and is finite in the world, and some want to keep drawing upon those finite resources and you have to stop them.

Parasite eve series:1 and 2 are amazing games, even if people don't like it, i think its still a great game.

Breath of fire series:I played 1 like probably 20 times already, because its a amazing game, 2 i don't know how many times and 3 a bunch of times as well.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 3rd February 2017 08:08

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212103
Posted: 3rd February 2017 15:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 10th October 2014 16:10)
I definitely have hundreds of hours spread across Final Fantasy Tactics files on various platforms (since I have owned it on three platforms!). I also have over 300 hours combined between the two Left 4 Dead games.

I have something like eighty hours on Final Fantasy XIII in just one file. Some people out there will think that's like six hundred in another game, but those people are silly.

I ended up with about 105 in FF13 before I moved on to 13-2, and I've now got about 80 in that game and I expect another six or so to finish it 100%.

I think I ended up with about 90 in 13-2, and then another 90 or so in Lightning Returns, for a grand total of a shade under 300 hours across that series. I still someday will go back to 13-1 again for more achievements.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #212109
Posted: 9th February 2017 11:01

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 3rd February 2017 15:16)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 10th October 2014 16:10)

I think I ended up with about 90 in 13-2, and then another 90 or so in Lightning Returns, for a grand total of a shade under 300 hours across that series. I still someday will go back to 13-1 again for more achievements.

Did you beat all the challenges in XIII?

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212144
Posted: 10th February 2017 14:32

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I think the most I've put into a game might be Metal Gear Online (that came on the disc with MGS4). 370 hours playing mosty with my clan, had some pretty dedicated people, but the majority of our matches were friendlies, we didn't take it too seriously, it was a lot of fun. We played every Sunday evening, when we started it was often Friday evening as well.

I suspect I would have far more hours invested but Konami were pretty quick to shut the servers down when they saw the online part wasn't making much money. Good times.
Sadly we have yet to agree on a game everyone is interested in playing since then which was a while back now, hopefully one day we will find something! As for single player games, I'm not sure off the top of my head, most likely an RPG, but I doubt it would rival some of the times others have stated in this thread.

This post has been edited by fatman on 10th February 2017 14:33

--------------------
'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'
Post #212152
Posted: 10th February 2017 17:37

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 9th February 2017 05:01)
Did you beat all the challenges in XIII?

No, that's part of what I'd go back for. I never have before because farming Traps is agonizing.

--------------------

Post #212154
Posted: 13th February 2017 18:48

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I platted XIII and yeah. Farming sucked on that game. I did the treasure hunter trophy ASAP once the world opened up and wow. The game was pretty fun after that point. I remember how much I loved fighting the Undying (especially Atticus). Did any of you notice the Final Fantasy V easter egg in XIII's trophy list? I freaked at the reference when I first noticed it.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #212168
Posted: 8th November 2017 09:11
Returner

Battlefield 1, Overwatch and many more Multiplayer games.
Post #213638
Posted: 8th November 2017 12:29

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I've got about 120 hours into Final Fantasy XV now in a single playthrough. I still have more to do in there, but I need a break for a bit.

--------------------

Post #213639
Posted: 8th November 2017 15:21

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Geez lots of hours sunk into lots of games over the years but League of Legends definitely is the front runner for me as I originally started playing in season one - stopped - then picked it up again in season 3 to present. I would say at least 2,000+ hours over the years.

Put about 70 hours into my most recent FFVII play through and about 50 hours into my FFVI play through.

On top of that I've sunk hundreds of hours into the different Elder Scrolls and Fallout games over the years as well.

Resident Evil series was always a big one for me also.

Just started on Zelda: Breath of the Wild and I can already tell this is going to be a 100-200 hour game most likely.
Post #213640
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: