CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Coolest Job Class

Posted: 22nd January 2005 03:28

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'd have to say the ninja's on this one,since they have high speed and can attack with 2 swords biggrin.gif

--------------------
Can't we get a better mission than this.I HATE CATS!!!!

Quote from Naruto
Post #70495
Posted: 22nd January 2005 06:56

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
I'm sure this topic is around here in some shape or form...

But, as the subject goes, my favorite class would be the Temple Knight. I love status effects and having long-ranged Oracle spells is indescribably awesome. A priest class that had the same qualifications for their skills as a Temple Knight would be an awesome class as well.

But, as it stands, Dycedarg's L®une Knight class comes in second. It's not as cheap as Orlandu's All SwordSkill.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #70514
Posted: 22nd January 2005 09:11

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'd have to say Ramza's Squire class, while not my absolute favorite, is the coolest.

First off, there is only one person who realy has it and he's quite cool himself. Ramza can make the weakest class look good, still be a good and humble person and still not resort to dirty battle tactics. I mean, what's not cool about that?
Also, his skills realy fit him well and he's just so inspiring to his fellow man. Just his cheers alone make people braver and when he yells out to somebody to do something, they get get right on it. Wish is a great show of his compassion, sacrifice and good wishes towards others. And scream? Um, well, uh . . . Well, I'll get back to you on that wink.gif . Still, raising your Speed, Brave, Attack and Magic power all in one turn has got to be the one of coolest things you can do in the entire game.

Other then Ramza's squire, I think the Summoner Class is cool. I'd like to be able to say 'Hey! Bahamut! Come over here and nuke my enemies for me!' or 'Hey! Silf! Can you shut these people up?' but that's just me.

Honerable mentions to:
•Monk (Power, versatility Ect.)
•Black Mage (Blowing stuff up, controlling the elements, turning people into frogs Ect.)
•Priest (For some reason)
ph34r.gif (Because I have to)

They all have coolness factor. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 22nd January 2005 19:03

--------------------
Post #70525
Posted: 22nd January 2005 11:16

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
For this one,

I must say Zalbag's Arc Knight because I like the "Detroy Sword" skills he can use.

Man, it took me like five mnutes to see what "Speed Ruin" looked like. But it was worth it! Cooooool move

I think that in my next game I will have to try more... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Sayonara
Post #70526
Posted: 22nd January 2005 13:01

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Absolute favorite is the Mechanic job class.

Next in line is the Dragon Knight, a.k.a. Lancer. Man, those guys rock.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #70528
Posted: 22nd January 2005 14:56

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Well, I like the Holy Knight class, the Summoner, Ninja, Mediator, and the I-now-belive-to-be-underappreciated Bard. I mean, come on!!! Have him sit in the corner, singing his life away, and you'll never have to worry about your guys dying again!

This post has been edited by Kilakandra_DiMenia on 22nd January 2005 14:56

--------------------
"No matter what happens, I will always be with you... forever." ---- Pocahontas, Pocahontas

"Only those who are already at the top are rewarded without trying."----- Delita Hyral, Final Fantasy Tactics

http://www.ffshrine.org/fft/fft-midi/1-42-back_fire01.mid ---- My favorite FFT battle song
Post #70530
Posted: 22nd January 2005 15:32

Lunarian

Awards:
My pick goes to the Lune Knight and not just because Dycedarg is my favorite FFT enemy. Sword Skill (Holy Sword + Mighty Sword) and All-Magic is the coolest in the game.
Second place goes to Ramza's Squire class. As posted before, he proves that not all nice guys finish last and no other FF character can be any nicer than Ramza.
Other honorable mentions go to:
Engineer- Guns, with Arm Aim, Leg Aim, and even Seal Evil at a decent success rate.
Samurai- Katana, and good physical and magic power. Who doesn't like Draw Out either?
Ninja- 2-Swords, Throw, speed, agility, and stealth.
Holy Swordsman, Holy Knight, Divine Knight, Dark Knight, and Temple Knight- Gotta love those powerful Sword attacks!

This post has been edited by FabulousFreebird on 25th February 2005 21:07

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #70531
Posted: 22nd January 2005 23:39

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
My favorite job class is probaby Assassin. Shadow Stitch is freakin' awesome.
Post #70571
Posted: 23rd January 2005 10:06

Onion Knight

Awards:
I would have to say Time Mage// Ramza as a Squire// and Temple Knight Sword abilities, although if I were to create a class...ahmmm this is a good Ide .

Olan Durai

This post has been edited by ZodiacBrave on 23rd January 2005 10:07

--------------------
"Good thing I don't live in a glass house... Throw Stone"

Olan Durai
ZodiacBrave
Joe
Post #70610
Posted: 26th January 2005 13:56

Cactuar

Awards:
It has to be the Arc Knight job that Elmdor has because it is just like a samuri and I love the samuri skills. I also like the other Arc Knight job just because I like Arc Knights. laugh.gif

--------------------
"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
~Barack Obama
Post #70886
Posted: 26th January 2005 14:06

Onion Knight

Awards:
my faves are cloud and his soldier ooooo it is so good(cept for his krappy sword) other then that i would have to say temple knights and dragonner(reis) yup i fave normal class i think is also ninja or knight cuz once you get the chaos blade they kick ass!
Post #70888
Posted: 26th January 2005 17:17

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Soldier, Samurai, Holy Swordsman, and Dragoner. Reis is probably the best character in the game, her inherent support abilities and awesome stats overshadow her lackluster unique commands.

--------------------
Post #70895
Posted: 28th January 2005 19:31

Returner

Awards:
The coolest is the samurai. Samurais are awsome. They are well trained and well disciplined. Not too mention they're fast. And they use katanas a #1 in my book any day. cool.gif

--------------------
I am ruler of the universe! Nobody can ever hope to destroy me! I am their god! The Archangel of Hell is my name! Even the Devil himself bows before me! You will all tremble in my wake!
Post #71115
Posted: 25th February 2005 13:37

Onion Knight

Awards:
im going to be sticking to my name and saying a summoner cuz of the huge damage of my buhamut hahaha massive
Post #74232
Posted: 25th February 2005 14:25

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2006. 
If you are just going with generic classes, I'd probably pick the Knight.

If you are allowing all classes in the game, I'd go with the Temple Knight.

And if you're allowing me to draw from my upcoming FFT game, I'd go with Blue Mage. wink.gif
Post #74243
Posted: 25th February 2005 14:29

Engineer

Awards:
Generic: Squire, Ninja, and Lancer

Special: Holy Swordsman, Temple Knight, Angel of Death

--------------------
"Dance, water, dance!"
-Demyx, Kingdom Hearts II

"I met my love before I was born..."
-AFI, 'Love Like Winter' from 'Decemberunderground'

Currently Playing: Guitar Hero, Shadow of the Colossus
Post #74246
Posted: 25th February 2005 20:54

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I'd have to say that when i saw the Assassin job tagged on celia and Lede for the first time i was extremely dissapointed that there was NO assassin job for the generics.
Other then the Assassin, i like the lancer,

--------------------
Peace sells... but Whos buyin? -Megadeth

You wont be saying that when you get a
lead pipe across the head -James (Darkness Illusions II)
Post #74277
Posted: 25th February 2005 21:49

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Funk Monk, just because it's cool to say.
Post #74290
Posted: 26th February 2005 19:53

Returner

Awards:
I'll have to go with Divine, Assassin was pretty bad ass. I always had my females as dancers because that is the closest to Assassin look you can get. But yeah if i were to be a job class, I would have to say I would be an Arc Knight. I mean, yeah you'd get kinda freaked out if someone was like hey a Holy Swordsman is coming or a Holy Knight, Dark Knight etc etc but if you heard that an Arc Knight is coming? YOU BETTER RUN!
Post #74445
Posted: 1st March 2005 23:59

Returner

Awards:
if i were to say, pick a class to be in real life, id either be a monk or a black mage. those are my favorites... but im not sure which id pick outta those. black mages are poweful with their mystic ability, but get them close up or outta mp, and youre in trouble. oppositely however, monks are powerful in their artful combat skills, but envoke from a distance and their as good as dead... maybe id be a combo (see my post on the "which char class would you be" topic.)

--------------------
"You and I have unfinished business, and not a goddamn fucking thing you've done in the subsequent four years, including getting knocked up, is gonna change that."
Beatrix Kiddo, Kill Bill vol.1
Post #74826
Posted: 2nd March 2005 17:08

Black Mage

Awards:
I like the Temple Knight, high percentage yin-yang magic being shot from the tip of a sword...what could be cooler? I also like samurai, good attack (w/ Two-Hands of course) and the DrawOut ability is awesome and makes a great secondary skill. I also like Black Mage, Lancer and the Dancer (babes with Nameless Dance skill.)

--------------------
"You broke my f***ing sitar, mother f***er."
-Anton A. Newcombe

"Yet another 'use your sword to magically deliver death from above' character comes in somewhere between the Living Cabbage and Milkmaid character options." -red_beard_neo
Post #74884
Posted: 30th March 2005 16:51

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I have to go with monks because they can recover and revive alies or foe
Post #78274
Posted: 30th March 2005 19:38

Black Waltz

Awards:
I love the Dark Knight, I think that is a great class, especially while Gafgadion (forgot how to spell his name) is in your group, although it sucks when you have to fight him.

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #78297
Posted: 30th March 2005 20:11

Cactuar

Awards:
I have to agree with Sam
I'd have to say the ninja's on this one,since they have high speed and can attack with 2 swords
And then theres monks with there Fist Skills like Wave Fist or Earth Slash.

--------------------
Money is no good unspent.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
Post #78305
Posted: 31st March 2005 06:10

Engineer

Awards:
I'd be a Priest, white mages have always been underrated, everyone's always obsessed with power, if it weren't fer them where would we be?

--------------------
Post #78367
Posted: 1st April 2005 00:49

SOLDIER

Awards:
Ninjas. Two-sword ability, move+2 (I think) inherent, incredible speed, throw for long-distance attacks.

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #78503
Posted: 1st April 2005 02:22

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Black Mage_0 @ 1st March 2005 18:59)
if i were to say, pick a class to be in real life, id either be a monk or a black mage. those are my favorites... but im not sure which id pick outta those. black mages are poweful with their mystic ability, but get them close up or outta mp, and youre in trouble. oppositely however, monks are powerful in their artful combat skills, but envoke from a distance and their as good as dead... maybe id be a combo (see my post on the "which char class would you be" topic.)

Actually, Alicia in my current game is a Wizard with Punch Art as secondary and Martial Arts as support. If she runs out of mana, a quick Chakra brings it right back. Doesn't allow for insane MA on equipment, but the Wizard has high MA naturally so it balances pretty well.

Back on topic, my favorite class would have to be the Time Mage. Who wouldn't like the ability to speed up time (or slow it down with that special someone...), stop your boss just before he catches you reading these forums at work, floating above mud puddles (or teleporting past them), and dropping the occasional meteor when necessary? ...oh, in-game? Still the Time Mage. wink.gif

--------------------
Wasabi Viniagrette: Mix 1/3 C rice vinegar, 2 Tbsp sesame oil, and 2 tsp powdered wasabi. Excellent over cold udon noodles and shiitake mushrooms for a Japanese pasta salad.
Post #78508
Posted: 7th April 2005 02:35

Cactuar

Awards:
Thanks zeil,and i'll have to agree with u about the monks.I like their wave fist the best,plus there's their death sentence punch.Monks are awsuoeme thumbup.gif.If I were one of the special classes,I would probably be a white knight,mainly because it is an upgraded version of the holy knight,and more powerful biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sam on 8th April 2005 20:50

--------------------
Can't we get a better mission than this.I HATE CATS!!!!

Quote from Naruto
Post #79358
Posted: 8th April 2006 19:15
Lunarian

Awards:
Since I am a Thief fan in the FF series, I prefer Thief.

However in this game I find it stupid that they can steal EXP. That's just weird.

Otherwise I liked Knight because of the Equip Armor Ability and Monk because of the high attack power and HP.
Post #113486
Posted: 8th April 2006 19:47

Returner

Lancer.
have the second A-Ability be White/ Black magic, reaction Dragonheart, foot icon Nul Height (or whtever it is) and whatever for support.

I had 3 Lancers with White magic and the other three with black. I owned everyone from chapter 1 final battle all the way through chapter 3 Lukavi battle

--------------------
I've beaten Final Fantasy 1,2,4,7, half of 8, quarter of 9, half of 10 and half of Tactics, and all of Tactics advance
Post #113487
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: