CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Help

Posted: 16th September 2002 20:05
Returner

Help after the land fly away am i go to the land and how can i go to that please help :(
Post #2446
Posted: 16th September 2002 21:11
Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I must assume from what you cryptically said that the Floating Continent just got airborne and you're trying to find it.  In which case, all you have to do is enter the airship, press X, take your character to the controls of the airship, and select "Go to the Floating Continent!" or whatever it is that it says.

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #2449
Posted: 16th September 2002 23:13

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
On a side note, take care not to do this by accident, as the Floating Continent is one of the tougher areas in the World of Balance, and the option to go there is the first on the menu.  The enemies are beyond anything you've seen before, and the encounter rate itself is insane.

Fortunately, you'll have Shadow along with you for some easy damage (Throw plus Healing Rod equals dead Atma Weapon/whatever else you run up against).  Still, it's always a good idea to level up a bit before tackling the place.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #2451
Posted: 17th September 2002 04:37

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
AtmaWeapon's undead? Really?
Post #2463
Posted: 17th September 2002 05:37
SOLDIER

Awards:
Uh, no.  Heal Rod, when thrown, always does damage.  And it always heals when used with Fight.

The bad part about throwing it is that they set the aiming property in the weapon to aim at you initially, so that Fight would aim at you by default.  Instead, Fight goes unchanged, and when you go to Throw it, the first thing you see is Shadow sticking a gun in his mouth.  Totally the opposite of what they wanted.  That's why alot of people end up healing an enemy instead of themselves, and in frustration attempt to throw it and end up with half their brain missing.  Yet another bug, this one rather unwanted. ^_^

--------------------
Post #2469
Posted: 17th September 2002 19:06

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Master ZED @ 17 Sep. 2002, 00:37)
Uh, no.  Heal Rod, when thrown, always does damage.  And it always heals when used with Fight.

The bad part about throwing it is that they set the aiming property in the weapon to aim at you initially, so that Fight would aim at you by default.  Instead, Fight goes unchanged, and when you go to Throw it, the first thing you see is Shadow sticking a gun in his mouth.  Totally the opposite of what they wanted.  That's why alot of people end up healing an enemy instead of themselves, and in frustration attempt to throw it and end up with half their brain missing.  Yet another bug, this one rather unwanted. ^_^

That's very true, and very funny.  :)

The Healing Rod, along with the Imp Halberd, is a relatively inexpensive way to deal 9999 damage every turn.  In my games I usually pick up three or four Healing Rods and upwards of twenty-five Imp Halberds (since Tyranosaurs drop them after random battles).  You can get at least one Healing Rod before the Floating Continent, in the mountains west of Thamasa.

These items make Shadow invaluable early in the game, as 9999 is the highest you can hope to do before the Gem Box and the Offering can be found in the World of Ruin.  It's useful even then, as an efficient, reliable source of damage is key in any major battle.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #2476
Posted: 17th September 2002 20:26
SOLDIER

Awards:
The problem is that Heal Rods are limited in supply, and if you don't throw them you can bet them for Magus Rods in the Collosseum.  Imp Halberds can get you the Cat Hood and Merit Award, but you can get as many of those as you want.

--------------------
Post #2481
Posted: 18th September 2002 15:34

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
I never threw the Heal Rod. I always kept it handy for when I was low on HP in battle. I'd switch it in quickly and attack my own party members.

Imp Halberds, on the other hand, were thrown like crazy. I find that even with all the equipment and Imp status, Imps are still useless, so I throw all the Halberds I find.
Post #2499
Posted: 18th September 2002 20:20

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
I just always equipped Strago with the Heal Rod. And every turn, I'd heal whom ever needs it. If I was at full hp, then I'd bust out some Lore.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2508
Posted: 25th September 2002 03:58

Black Mage

Awards:
A friend of mine used to always equip the whole party with imp gear and make them all into imps, just for kicks. He called them his "Imp Army", and I can clearly remember that they kicked ass, as the army spent most of it's time in dinosaur forest. :E

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #2685
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: