CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Topic Closed New Topic New Poll
simple question 2

Posted: 3rd August 2002 23:51
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
do you get anything for viewing all of shadow's dreams?

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #579
Posted: 3rd August 2002 23:54

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
The pleasure of seeing some nice cutscenes.
Post #581
Posted: 4th August 2002 00:04
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
yea, no kiddin!

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #584
Posted: 4th August 2002 00:18

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Uh, Rubes is right.  There's nothing to Shadow's dream except some revealing of his past.  There were some stupid rumors about if you see them all, then Shadow doesn't die in the end, but in the end, Shadow doesn't die at all so that was completely wrong.  It's just something interesting to see because through them you can find out about Baram, etc.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #585
Posted: 4th August 2002 01:18

Black Waltz

Awards:
seriously man, tell me how, i only saw three

and I won't call you spoiler, but tell me what happens  ':E'
because I really don't get shadow's story...

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #597
Posted: 4th August 2002 03:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
REMINDER: If you're going to post spoilers, put them inside the spoiler tags.

[ spoiler]
[/ spoiler]

Take out the spaces.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #602
Posted: 4th August 2002 04:24

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
And if J Man confused you, here you go.

Code Sample
[spoiler]insert spoiler here[/spoiler]

There you go.

Post #611
Posted: 4th August 2002 04:27
Engineer

Awards:
really R51, FF6 is how old?  it's been released twice, you can play it on your comp for free.(the rom is even posted on this site for crying out loud.)

I knew Fei Fong Wong was Id and that didn't stop me for enjoying Xenogears.

(BTW, before you start screaming at me about that spoiler, please note that some who had not played the game would have NO [I repeat, NO] idea what the hell I'm refering to.)

I mean there's only like 4 threads in the FF6 section, and I think this is the only one that even mentions the story.  

If we're going to discuss a game that has one of the greatest plot and character developments ever, then we need to drop this no spoiler rule.

--------------------
"Number One, I order you to go take a number two."
Post #614
Posted: 4th August 2002 06:10

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
We're not saying that you can't post a spoiler.  We, and people who have not completed FF6 or seen all of Shadow's Dreams, might appreciate it if there was at least a warning that there is a spoiler ahead.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #622
Posted: 4th August 2002 21:05

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Uhm...

Well, anyway, the easiest way to view all of Shadow's dreams is simply to wait until the World of Ruin.  In the World of Balance, there's only a slim chance that you'll see one of his dreams when you crash at an inn (or any other sleeping place), not to mention that you really don't have Shadow in your party all too often.

However, if you're in the World of Ruin with Shadow in your party, the odds become much greater (at least for me).  You can basically sleep at any inn and have an excellent chance of seeing one of the dreams.  Personally, I've actually succeeded in seeing all four successively while sleeping at the same inn over and over.  (The fifth dream can only be seen at the Cave on the Veldt, and happens automatically.)

Oh, and for those who were wondering, there are only five dreams.  The rumors about there being a sixth "hidden" dream are untrue, and likely came up from the fact that you can see a different dream in the Cave on the Veldt (Relm's dream) if you didn't wait for Shadow at the Floating Continent.  But of course, it would only be foolish to do something like that.  ';)'

As for any form of reward, I doubt there's anything really special to it other than the immense satisfaction granted from learning a bit about Shadow's mysterious backstory, which is, in my opinion, one of the greatest plot elements in the game.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #665
Posted: 4th August 2002 22:44

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (Neal @ 4 Aug. 2002, 01:10)
We're not saying that you can't post a spoiler.  We, and people who have not completed FF6 or seen all of Shadow's Dreams, might appreciate it if there was at least a warning that there is a spoiler ahead.

What? I never posted a "spoiler" comment...(or maybe you didn't mean me  ':nods:' )
----
thanks supermoogle...how didn't I think of WoR?
but does it work if you sleep in Gau's Dad's house?

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #677
Posted: 5th August 2002 02:16

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Quote (Bismark87 @ 4 Aug. 2002, 17:44)
thanks supermoogle...how didn't I think of WoR?
but does it work if you sleep in Gau's Dad's house?

However dirty that sounds, no I don't think that Gau's Dad's house counts, since it's completely free.  Maybe it does, I guess I just never tried.

Like SM, I saw muy muy losta of Shadow's dreams in the WoR instead of the WoB.  Having him in your party all of the time helps.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #686
Posted: 5th August 2002 04:26
Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 4 Aug. 2002, 08:20)
If it's REALLY that much trouble to type, let me see here, 19 extra characters, maybe this whole discussion thing is too much effort in the first place.

that's not it.  It's when you jump in, (wearing your Gestapo uniform,) saying that all spoilers should be marked, it makes me think twice about posting something.  That is bad.  I can only imagion how others react to it, but I think it's safe to say that it does stifle discussion. (at least a little.)

besides, how many people here have not finished the game yet?

--------------------
"Number One, I order you to go take a number two."
Post #693
Posted: 5th August 2002 06:45
SOLDIER

Awards:
It's not who's here, but who could come here, which is why you should mark spoilers.  It'd be like spoiling what's going to happen in the next two LotR movies; you and all your friends may have read the books, but not everyone on Earth has.  This may stifle discussion, but as long as this site is popular, you're just gonna have to deal with that.

--------------------
Post #698
Posted: 5th August 2002 10:38

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 4 Aug. 2002, 04:0'8)'
REMINDER: If you're going to post spoilers, put them inside the spoiler tags.

[ spoiler]
[/ spoiler]

Take out the spaces.

SO.  Apparently we think this is Gestapo-like.

A REMINDER, which is worded with NO aggression, that, gasp, we should mark spoilers, because, amazingly, someone who hasn't finished FF6 MIGHT JUST want to come and post on an FF6 board.  (And let me tell you now, I have friends playing FF6 for the first time right now, who might well come down here.)

Frankly, MD, that's a bit weak.

For the record, let me show you the spoiler tag.

SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
I'm going to close this in a couple of paragraphs!

It takes little extra time, it masks spoilers from people who don't want to see them, but people who do can highlight the text.  It's just common courtesy, frankly.

The question of this topic has pretty much been answered, and this is just insanely OT, so I'm closing it.  If you wish to discuss this further, I suggest you post something in Comm/Sugg or strike up a PM conversation with one of us.

If anyone has something ON TOPIC to add here, PM one of the admins or FF6 mods to get this reopened.  Thanks.
Post #705
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Closed New Topic New Poll