CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
If you were a generic. . .

Posted: 21st August 2009 05:15

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
What would you be? Don't just pick something because you think it's cool, pick something that fits with your personality.

I would be a ninja with martial arts (punch art), shirahadori (blade grasp), brawler (martial arts), and jump+3.

I used the names from the PSP version with the originals in parenthesis.

I do martial arts so it's not a difficult decision. I fight very defensively, preferring to dodge, so shirahadori works well. As much as I would love move+3 (which is far more useful in game), I would probably have jump+3 instead becaue I like to climb stuff.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #180563
Posted: 22nd August 2009 10:03

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
If I were a generic, Ramza would probably change my job whenever he felt like it ;_;
Post #180599
Posted: 22nd August 2009 13:48

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
I'd probably be a priest. I've always seen myself as a very supportive person, plus the outfit is adorable.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #180603
Posted: 22nd August 2009 14:53

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I'd probably be a Mediator, because honestly in person I don't STFU.

--------------------
Post #180604
Posted: 22nd August 2009 18:00

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Well, I'm a huge nerd, so I'm thinking my main job would be calculator. However, I've also had a few years of taekwondo training under my belt, so I'd say punch art isn't far off for a secondary skillset. I'd probably have Caution or Finger Guard for my Reaction skill. As for a Support skill, it'd likely be Defense Up or Martial Arts. My movement skill would probably be Jump +2.

Yay for being horrifically sub-optimal!
Post #180608
Posted: 24th August 2009 16:43

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
For sure a magic user. I lack of physical strength, but I think I am not that dump. And...crazy thinking-way, however.

Maybe a white mage - As I tend to be a fair and friendly person.
Post #180674
Posted: 24th August 2009 18:13

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Bas @ 24th August 2009 16:43)
For sure a magic user. I lack of physical strength, but I think I am not that dump. And...crazy thinking-way, however.

Maybe a white mage - As I tend to be a fair and friendly person.

For me:

An assasin or a ranger

I like being alone and appreciate it very much,i'm definately not good with groups and always work alone.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #180678
Posted: 27th August 2009 07:58

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Even though I hate magic, I'd probably be an Oracle just for the swizz getup -- but only if I get Equip Gun. Sticks are fine but gun-toting oracles are one of my favorite setups ever, maybe second only to "The Meliapriest".

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #180742
Posted: 1st September 2009 18:53

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Hmmm... probably a Dragoon. I don't know why but I've always liked them a lot. As a secondary job I would choose a Monk.

--------------------
GS Forums: Come vist!
"I have no wish to change the world."
”Ramza Beoulve
Post #180997
Posted: 1st September 2009 21:47

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I'd say I'd be a Monk since I really like Martial Arts (Punch Arts) with Fundamentals (Basic Skills) since I'm pretty childish. Counter would be my reaction since if anyone hit me, I'd hit them back. SafeGuard (Maintenance) would be my support skill since I really hate having my items broken or stolen. And Treasure Hunter (Move Find Item) be my move since I always have a habit of finding items that ARE treasures or junk

--------------------
In order to find your oppenent's weakness, you must first learn their pattern. Once you know their pattern, you can build a counter strategy.
Post #181000
Posted: 11th September 2009 02:58

Lunarian

Awards:
Knowing my luck, I'd be a newly-recruited Squire and the first to die in battle.

I like guns and I talk alot, so I think the Mediator/Orator would fit my personality. I would also have the Beastmaster/Monster Skill support ability becuase I've always liked animals and don't think mosnters get enough respect in the FF series in general.

This post has been edited by FabulousFreebird on 13th September 2009 01:51

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #181320
Posted: 13th September 2009 13:22

Cactuar

Awards:
If I was a generic...hmmm...ah-hah! An archer! I've always loved lobbing sticks at peoples heads from far away

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #181368
Posted: 30th November 2009 03:01
Returner

What Generic would I Be? This:

wub.gif

Main Job: Summoner
Sub Job: Calculator
Reaction: Speed Save
Support: Magic Attack Up (or Concentrate...hard call)
Move: Move MP Up

War of attrition my friends. If I am in battle too long you'll never get rid of me!
Though as a secondary option, and this is only if I have Mimes in my party:

Main Job: Dancer
Sub Job: Squire
Support: Concentrate
Move: Move HP Up

Accumulate to your hearts content (and so will my Mimes) and run circles around your enemies until you feel it's time to put your foot down and Winzibus the hell out of them. Yes, a poor little dancer may only do about 12 to 30 damage with a single dance, but those Mimes will be doing 50+ each time too!
Post #182588
Posted: 30th November 2009 14:14

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
Hrm

Base Job: Word Skill

Secondary: Battle Skill

Reaction: Abandon

Support: Concentrate

Move: Ignore Height

Why? Simple, I spent some time as an Airborne Ranger before I was in SF, so the Ignore Height kind of makes sense. I can talk rings around people if I have to, but most of the time I just break stuff to make a point. I work alone so abandon is a natural, and I usually shot a 38 or 39 out of 40 at the range, so Concentrate works too.

A gun slinging, word slinging, equipment breaking, dropping from the heavens fool. That's me.

--------------------
This is a webcomic and gaming blog where I rant about nonsense. Enjoy.

I was a soldier, now I just play one in video games.
Post #182596
Posted: 1st December 2009 00:17

Crusader

Awards:
id probably be a knight, although i would work my tail off until i could do this:

Base Class: Knight
Secondary Class: Monk for Chakra and Revive
Reaction: Blade Grasp
Support: Dual Wield
Move: Move +3

this has been my best set up so far

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #182599
Posted: 31st December 2009 03:50

Returner

hmmm.... sleep.gif

B A S E ~ C L A S S : Mediator (Because I never shut up.)
S E C O N D A R Y ~ C L A S S : Summoner (The awesomeness has arrived!!)
R E A C T I O N : Regenorator (Awesome!)
S U P P O R T : Equip shield (Knowing my unusually bad luck, I'll get hit by an arrow... Best to be safe!)
M O V E : HP Up ( ... 'Nuff said...)

This happens to be the set up for one of my units right now... I have the game for PSP. So, if you'll excuse me... =begins to play with PSP=

--------------------
♥ ~ ♥ m u s i c ~ i s ~ m y ~ p a s s i o n ♥ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ♥ d r a w i n g ~ i s ~ m y ~ h o b b y ♥ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ♥ f r i e n d s ~ a n d ~ m y ~ f a m i l y ~ a r e ~ m y ~ l i f e ♥ ~ ♥
Post #183043
Posted: 31st December 2009 08:08

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I assume the custom classes from the Invent-A-Class thread aren't an option.

Therefore:

Base Class: Squire
Secondary: Draw Out (Samurai)
Reaction: Weapon Guard
Support: Equip Katana
Move: +2
Post #183048
Posted: 4th January 2010 18:56

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Class: Oracle

Secondary: Draw Out (Muramasa, Masamune and Kiyomori)

Reaction: Dragon Spirit

Support: Short Charge

Move: Teleport

Because even if I don't do the killing, I love playing around, debuffing and turning the most powerful of enemies into statues, frogs and zombies, shutting up the blabbermouths, etc. Let someone else deal the killing blow; if necessary though, I has a stick.

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #183116
Posted: 9th January 2010 03:21
Returner

i would be a dark knight because they are powerful and have a low defense.(LVL 8 geomancer, dragoon, samurai, ninja, master knight and blk mage, kill(crystilize)20+ enmies ohmy.gif

My abilities would be...
Darkness(default)
Items(X-poition,remedy,phoenix down)
REACTION
counter
BONUS(the almost circle with arrow)
hp boost
MOVEMENT
move +2

ALL NAMES ARE PSP VERSION SO IS JOB FOR FINAL FANTASY TACTICS:THE WAR OF THE LIONS!!!)
Post #183156
Posted: 15th January 2010 06:01
Returner

I'd probable take on the role of a mime.
I tend to supplement my own personality using the ones around me, so you end up seeing a lot of my friends and family in me.

This post has been edited by Charmaine on 15th January 2010 06:01
Post #183223
Posted: 15th February 2010 05:40

Cactuar

Awards:
I would probably be an archer,because in real life,i do have pretty good eyesight,and i have good aim.Id probably put blade grasp as a second ability,in case while im shooting at my target,if someone shoots at me,i can grab there bullet or arrow with lightning speed reflex,ha ha.

--------------------
Can't we get a better mission than this.I HATE CATS!!!!

Quote from Naruto
Post #183871
Posted: 16th February 2010 20:11

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Some sort of poly-mage, probably. Likely some combination of Time and Oracle. Maybe a White or a Black somewhere in there instead. I definitely don't summon though.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #183899
Posted: 20th February 2010 14:51

Returner

Me? Easy...

Primary Job: Knight
Secondary Skill: Items
Support: Monster Skill
Movement: Any Ground

Would I be the best "Generic"? No... But hey, Nobody's perfect.
Post #183973
Posted: 22nd February 2010 01:07

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Sathayorn @ 20th February 2010 10:51)
Me? Easy...

Primary Job: Knight
Secondary Skill: Items
Support: Monster Skill
Movement: Any Ground

Would I be the best "Generic"? No... But hey, Nobody's perfect.

Haha. It's all about capturing your personality though not being the best so that's just perfect. I notice you chose any ground as your move. Are you an outdoorsy person?

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #184005
Posted: 22nd February 2010 06:58

Returner

Quote (ElPanachino @ 21st February 2010 18:07)
Haha. It's all about capturing your personality though not being the best so that's just perfect. I notice you chose any ground as your move. Are you an outdoorsy person?

No, I'm just in good shape, might be more of an outdoorsy person if the temperature would stay above freezing all year long (snow in july rocks... yeah...) - Any Weather would have fit just as well now that I think about it
Post #184011
Posted: 6th March 2010 14:43

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
While I'm unsure of my factual effectiveness, I'm a fairly outgoing wordy person insofar as my online life goes, I do enjoy speculation, pondering over multiple perspectives, serving as an impartial third arbitrator and feel that diplomatic etiquette is the the most important skill a person can possibly have. With spiritual manners I side mostly with the buddhist school of thought, am quite secretive, generally devise self-perpetuating defensive strategies for playing games and at least so far, have never held a gun in my life.

So at least for the moment, I'm thinking Monk with Talkskill, without a full compliment of capabilities. Invitation, Praise, Preach, Mimic Daravon, Secret Fist and Chakra. Monster talk as my support to further my outgoingness, finger guard because I believe it's best to ignore/avoid abrasiveness whenever possible and no movement skill 'cause I don't usually move around enough to make much benefit of it so I spent the points elsewhere instead. laugh.gif

That's my general answer anyway; in actuality I might be more of Squire with Time Magic as of current. I can be rather clumsy at times (just broke a glass yesterday amongst other things pinch.gif ), can be a bit clueless, have few prerequisite skills and have an awful lot of time on my hands but don't really do much with it unless such is convenient. I like to put seemingly unnecessary things off 'till the last moment too, since they're seemingly unnecessary. Shameful, I know but hey at least it's an honest assessment of the situation in good faith...

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 6th March 2010 15:12

--------------------
Post #184183
Posted: 11th March 2010 22:40

Returner

Well, as most people say im always in a hurry and most of the time get people to become "hasted" I would probably be a Time Mage. (However i would get killed.....fast eh.gif ).

Main: Time Mage
Sub: Summon Magic
Support: Short Charge or Concentrate
Movement: Teleport

If that doesn't work i might be a Mime as i tend to imitate what most people do (and sometimes easily)
Post #184248
Posted: 15th January 2019 03:07

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
In the nearly 10 years since I replied to this thread the first time, I've become more sedentary--and become much more familiar with rhetoric and teaching, so now I'd say I'm an Orator with Martial Arts. I'd still likely have Finger Guard for my Reaction, but I think I've got Defend and Move +1.
Post #215530
Posted: 25th April 2020 02:39

Cactuar

Awards:
I lead by example. This is what I've ended up with. I have a universal personality with this game though went with optimal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otn-MFvN3CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbZH88LdPk

This post has been edited by Eagle Caller on 25th April 2020 02:41

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #216064
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: