CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
My New Game in the Works

Posted: 28th February 2014 01:19

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Ahoy Folks! Been following the CoN on Twitter and Facebook - keep up the good work flag-blue.gif

I'm here to let you know about my latest game, Casual Quest. Forum lurkers may realize this is the same name as my last game. Yup. It's a port/sequel of my most popular game, made on an entirely different platform for a much larger audience. I've got a crowd funding page here that explains what the project is all about:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/casual-quest

Even if you don't have money to support the game (I'm right there with you), give the video a look, because you might be interested in playing the game when it comes out. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. And if you like the project, help spread the word.

On second thought, that video isn't tailored to gamers, so I'll tell you a little bit more about the game from a mechanics standpoint. It's basically what would happen if you ripped out the combat system from an action RPG, like the 2D Zelda or Mana series, and made it cooperative and online. You start as the base class (Adventurer) and fight against wave after wave of enemies. Then you fight a boss, Level up, and get to choose a new class. There are 36 classes total. The fun in the game comes from three basic places:

1. The combat system is balanced well, and it's just a lot of fun to beat up monsters. And the game gets more and more challenging as you play. And addictive. I've been known to join a party, spend 2 hours trying to get to wave 200, die on 195, and then do it all again.

2. The classes work together synergistically. Every party combination leads to different emergent gameplay, and forming new tactics on the fly is engaging and a lot of fun.

3. It's all about cooperation. Who you play with is just as important as the class they're playing. We have a good, though small, community going, and it's always fun to get together and play again.

So check it out. I've love to see some CoN faces around AntlerPig.com. If there's enough interest, I'll even make a prestige class just for CoN users... the CoN will always hold a place of honor in my projects.

Cheers folks!
Post #206222
Posted: 28th February 2014 16:13

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Hey this actually sounds pretty sick, gonna try and donate when i get a chance! Looking forward to playing. tongue.gif

--------------------
Too be forgotten is worse than death - Freya Crescent
Post #206225
Posted: 7th March 2014 13:12

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (bakedsabbath @ 28th February 2014 11:13)
Hey this actually sounds pretty sick, gonna try and donate when i get a chance! Looking forward to playing.  tongue.gif

Thanks! I look forward to partying together.

I just uploaded a New Video with examples of the current graphics and gameplay, and a mockup of the new graphics. I think anyone who loves FF6 would love the new graphics.

This post has been edited by Iain Peregrine on 7th March 2014 13:15
Post #206295
Posted: 20th June 2014 20:40

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
Wish I hadn't checked in so late and missed this!

Glad you reached your funding, though, congrats!

Look forward to further developments!

Also, really appreciate how heartfelt your passion is behind the creation of this game, so good luck. Also, if you need any help, I can offer my services in any way, shape or form, as a decent artist and talented actor!

All the best on this project, it sounds fun!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #207131
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: