CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
My FFVI projects

Posted: 1st December 2013 10:28

Returner

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Hi,

I'm new here and since there is no introduction section, I thought I present myself a show what I'm doing as hobbies. I'm a RPG fans since the NES era and FFVI, CT, FFXII, FFIV, FFVII, Quest for Glory, Dune II and Secret of Evermore are among my favorites games. My first language is french and I currently study computer sciences and I spend most of my free time programming or reading.

I haven't much to show except two unfinished projects, the first being a ROM hack of the SNES version of FFVI. I wanted to to an improved version while keeping the main story intact. Among the changes I planned there was:

1. Revisited dialogues (mix of GBA, Woosley and Lynda translation)
  2. New and modified items, monsters, key items, spells
  3. World of Balance Colosseum
  4. New events for all 14 characters (such as Celes's arrest and Shadow's past life)
  5. More guest characters
  6. Custom music, some songs from other RPGs
  7. Modified maps as well as new dugeons
  8. increased difficulty

Here's a video showing the first 30 minutes of the game. It's not the final product, but I hope you guys can understand what kind of hack I am aiming for. The bad new is currently the project is too ambitious for its ROM hack form. I'm waiting for this guy's project to be finish to have the opportunity to make an ambitious FFVI remodeling. I'm still working on event planning, dialogues and planning other content to be ready when the time comes, hopefully soon. biggrin.gif

A few screenshots:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

My second project is a FFVI Advance editor mad in C#. I'm currently re-working the editor so it can be used on mobile devices such as windows tablets and a standard PC using windows 8, 7 or XP. So far, items, characters initial stats, spell data, fonts and monster stats can be edited. It is build a bit like FF3usME for those who know this program. I'm planning to make the editor as much complete as I can and I need for that to do R&D on the GBA version, which has been neglected compared to the SNES version.

You can download the latest version here.

Finally, I have a psyTrance Dj background. I stopped mixing in rave parties a few years ago but I still mix for fun with Tracktor on my PC. I did a few weeks ago a Final Fantasy techno mix with mostly trance remixes. It is available here.

--------------------
Post #205676
Posted: 1st December 2013 18:55

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Looks kinda cool! We should collaborate.

PM me, ok? I know this script really well.

~ ii

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #205679
Posted: 2nd December 2013 19:18

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Madsiur @ 1st December 2013 06:28)
My second project is a FFVI Advance editor mad in C#. I'm currently re-working the editor so it can be used on mobile devices such as windows tablets and a standard PC using windows 8, 7 or XP. So far, items, characters initial stats, spell data, fonts and monster stats can be edited. It is build a bit like FF3usME for those who know this program. I'm planning to make the editor as much complete as I can and I need for that to do R&D on the GBA version, which has been neglected compared to the SNES version.

That could be cool. We (CoN) would have probably enjoyed seeing it a year or year and a half ago, but even now would be good.

Oh, and there is an introductions forum, it's a subforum to General Topics. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 2nd December 2013 19:19

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #205707
Posted: 3rd December 2013 03:21

Returner

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 2nd December 2013 14:18)
That could be cool. We (CoN) would have probably enjoyed seeing it a year or year and a half ago, but even now would be good.

I have read like 5 times your sentence to understand the meaning but it's one of those rare case where I fail (sorry I'm french).

Do you mean "cool" for hosting purposes?

I've only put it on sourceforge and another forum but I wouldn't mind put it on CoN.
I've seen you got some others FF3us editors.

Right now I'm working on the new version but I can't tell when it will be ready.

--------------------
Post #205722
Posted: 3rd December 2013 16:34

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Sure, I could see us hosting it when you have a version you consider final. But what I really meant was that it could have been beneficial to us last year as that was when we were completely redoing the FF6 walkthrough and other content on the site.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #205730
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: