CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Baldur's Gate Fanart

Posted: 20th February 2007 05:39

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Seems the Baldur's Gate series doesn't get a lot of attention/credit/whatevah in CoN, but as I've mentioned more than once here, it's my favorite video game series, and I finally got around to doing some fanart for it smile.gif .

So to start off, here's Bodhi, a powerful vampire and one of the main villains of the series.

Down below is the first drawing I tried of her. I grew disinterested with the ho-hum standing pose, though, so I didn't bother finishing it and moved on to the image above, instead. I guess this one has its merits, too, though.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #144564
Posted: 1st March 2007 18:40

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 10)
Shading looks really good in this one. Everything seems nice and smooth. I think the blood is excellently done. I think her right hand might be smaller than her left. Not sure. Maybe its just the angle.

I'm not familiar with this char, since I've only played one Baldur's Gate game briefly. And I don't think she was in it.

--------------------
-- You're Gonna Carry That Weight --
Post #145219
Posted: 1st March 2007 19:00

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Rujuken @ 1st March 2007 13:40)
I'm not familiar with this char, since I've only played one Baldur's Gate game briefly.

And it was probably Dark Alliance, too, wasn't it tongue.gif ?

To clarify(for anyone who cares, that is), Bodhi was in the computer RPG series, the REAL Baldur's Gate (as far as I'm concerned, at least). More specifically, she was in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn ( heart.gif ).

As for the hand, yeah, I attempted an angled shot on the "smaller" hand, but, honestly, I wasn't too sure how to pull it off, so, meh...

This post has been edited by Galsic on 1st March 2007 19:19

--------------------
Post #145221
Posted: 28th March 2007 03:58

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
(Meh, why not...)

This is Jon Irenicus, the main villain from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I drew him up for a fanart challenge in another forum I freqent. Fun.

This post has been edited by Galsic on 16th June 2007 20:12

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #146900
Posted: 16th June 2007 20:40

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
For the last fanart challenge, we were to portray characters as drow elves (at some point in Baldur's Gate II, the characters are put under an illusion spell to appear as such). I decided to portray all the womenz, even though Viconia is already a drow elf. I post this cuz I believe this to be one of my better coloring efforts, despite some flaws (black lining where a lighter shade would have sufficed, two figures looking lighter than the rest, etc.)

Here are the portraits of most of the playable NPCs in the game. Below is my entry into that challenge. I leave you to decide who's who in my drawing. I think I made it fairly obvious wink.gif .

...I've been doing quite a bit of fanart lately. I really need to start exploring some ideas of my own tongue.gif .

Edit: Yeeaah, no one here needs to see this abomination again. Thank you, maskhaer, for the needless bump tongue.gif .

This post has been edited by Galsic on 20th July 2014 14:46

--------------------
Post #151532
Posted: 23rd June 2007 00:48

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 10)
Every one of those women seem very creepy to me. Very. Are drow elves naturally that way? I wouldn't know.

I do agree that the coloring if very well done. Love the subtle blue on white for the hair. There are little bits on all of them that are very well detailed and colored. The leather on the bottom right, the lips, the hair braids.

Awesome. Creepy. But awesome.

--------------------
-- You're Gonna Carry That Weight --
Post #151871
Posted: 6th September 2007 20:47

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
Lol, creepy. Wasn't quite my intention, but ok happy.gif .

To be honest, I took a bit of liberty with my depiction of Drow elves here, particularly with the skin color. Drow skin is, officially speaking, coal/jet/completely black, but for my drawings I used varying shades of gray with a touch of brown, which I kind of regret now. Ah well, gotta move on...

to a new entry into the thread! Up til now, I've been drawing characters originally in the games. This time around, I drew Fade, a mod NPC created by who I consider a wonderful artist known as Mistress Elysia.

Edit
Oops, heh, wrong image.

This post has been edited by Galsic on 6th September 2007 20:48

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #156853
Posted: 14th June 2014 15:55
Returner

This posts is very informative. Thank you!

--------------------
Post #207104
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: