CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
You bow to no one.

Posted: 28th April 2018 19:24

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Terra deserves to let her hair down for a while.

Locke and Celes need to have lots of sex and babies.

Cyan marries Laura (Lola?).

Shadow does not stay in the sinking tower. He creates a new identity, Claudius, and becomes Thamasa's guard. Interceptor still knows the secret.

Edgar is a great king. What more do you need know? ...He marries an opera diva.

Sabin meditates until people start screaming at him to stop being so quiet, then he screams at them for a while, then he gets a job as a standup comedian.

Gau studies elocution. His Dad lives to be very old, and regains his sanity many years before he dies, and they spend the rest of their lives writing a book about it together.

Mog and Umaro continue being Mog and Umaro. You can guess.

Strago dies in his sleep dreaming of kicking a tiny little Hidnoite around and laughing, because that's the image Relm painted of him. Relm holds a magically-based (though not actually magical) funeral for him, and Claudius is the saluter. Interceptor barks...

Gogo ogoG.

Setzer becomes a rockstar at the opera, playing the piano and singing about airship flights.

THE END

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214829
Posted: 30th April 2018 11:55

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
You posts of late make me cringe, each and every one of them.

Moderator Edit
Well, that's a bit harsh. But I will say that I'm not sure what we're supposed to discuss here. Is this a fanfiction prompt? -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 30th April 2018 12:37
Post #214834
Posted: 3rd May 2018 07:20

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I make the Evil Eyes cringe, that's a good one smile.gif

FF7 is cool too ya know...it's the sequel, didn't you expect ...

You and your fan wars.

Inspiration deserves credit where credit is due, guys.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 3rd May 2018 07:26

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214839
Posted: 3rd May 2018 13:26

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
What does this have to do with FF7 or "fan wars?" What is even the topic here?

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214842
Posted: 3rd May 2018 20:27
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (TheEvilEye @ 30th April 2018 04:55)
You posts of late make me cringe, each and every one of them.

user posted image

--------------------
Post #214845
Posted: 4th May 2018 03:16

Black Waltz

Awards:
It's ok everybody...I hate you a little bit too smile.gif

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214847
Posted: 28th August 2018 06:32
Returner

Am I the only one that gets the point of the initial post? "You bow to no one" is a clever reference to LotR, which had an extremely elaborate ending, perhaps too much so. FF6's ending is beautiful and appropriate as is IMHO but why not have fun with "what if" epilogues?

Terra, Locke, Celes, and Cyan... I can't imagine it any other way.

The way I see it with Cyan is that Lola seeks him out because she can't get him out of her thoughts and tries to seduce him. Cyan, after much predictable stammering and blustering and protestations over purity and age-difference, says something along the lines of "I just can't do that with a woman I'm not married to!" She proposes on the spot. More stammering and blustering but the wedding totally happens in like 2-3 months. Gau laughs himself silly over the fact that Sabin cries like a baby when the couple says their vows.

Locke proposes at that very wedding with an extremely expensive-looking ring (he and Celes have been "living in sin" without either even mentioning the word "marriage" before that point). Celes is shocked and alerts the entire reception hall with her exclamation of surprise. She says yes to thunderous applause (Cyan starts a standing ovation for what he thinks is the pure couple). (He naively thinks Locke was merely courting Celes with sweet poetry late at night and had his own place somewhere.) Later, Terra, hesitantly, asks Celes whether the ring was honestly purchased. Celes responds with indignation and berates Terra endlessly. A week or so after that, Celes, hesitantly, asks Locke the same thing with perfect hypocrisy. Locke acts horribly insulted and pretends to call the wedding off, only to tell Celes a moment later he totally understands and hands her the receipt in a frame. (Meanwhile, he's been stea... um, treasure hunting like crazy to pay the other bills.)

I'm not sure I'm with you re Edgar and Setzer. You're not suggesting that Edgar steals away Maria, are you? Although, admittedly, I can see how it would be hard for Setzer to go to Maria now that he's seen Celes in action...

Love the Gau bit. A few decades down the line, I can totally see him giving grammar lessons to the kids of the Mobliz kids. Even later, he teaches high school kids Shakespeare (or the Japanese equivalent) and is of course particularly fond of explaining the uses of "thou" and its inflections.

Oh, and TheEvilEye: I'd rather cringe at a dozen posts than see a single mind-numbingly ignorant, pointless, and nasty trolling insult like that. I know you probably don't care but please be a jackass somewhere else.

This post has been edited by Locke Unlocked on 28th August 2018 06:46
Post #215168
Posted: 25th April 2020 01:26

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I like the characters the way they are. They can do what the wish once the game is over. I bow to the stronger gamer than myself and wish that weaker gamers continue to strive to get better.

The human world is well-developed enough. That's why I wrote a 50,000 word fanfiction on The Esper World.

This post has been edited by Eagle Caller on 25th April 2020 01:26

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #216058
Posted: 2nd October 2020 23:05

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I think Terra actually does undo her ponytail to feel the breeze run through her hair on the airship in the post-game, but after she is done with that and disembarks, she has her work cut out for her. She's the closest thing to a mother that the orphaned children of Molbliz have to a mother. I don't think Duane and Katarin are mature enough to take on the role of parents, even though they had a child of their own if I recall correctly. For one thing, they probably would have staved off on having children in their situation, if they were. I mean, there are already so many mouths to feed without adding another, and the state of the world was pretty terrible. I wonder if losing her esperhood will cause her any troubles?

I could see Gau studying elocution, but only under Cyan's behest and tutalege, and I could never see him taking it seriously. He might have tried for the sake of his father accepting him, but we see that story arc through to the end and it seems like Gau's father will never accept his son or think of him as anything other than a demon for whatever reason, especially since he seems to have lost his mind.

Edgar marrying an opera diva actually seems rather unrealistic to me. Locke Unlocked already mentioned the trouble with Edgar dating Maria, and it seems like there might not even be any other opera divas. It should also be considered that the adult women seem to reject Edgar whenever he flirts with them, so I think an opera diva would be out of his league, even despite the fact that he is a handsome and relatively young King of what is sure to be the most powerful nation in the world in the post-Vector era, since Figaro seems to be the least devastated region and largest territory.

Actually, I think King Edgar might actually end up marrying the little girl N.P.C. walking around near Matron in his castle, because she literally says "I wanna marry the king!" and she is the only one to express any sort of interest in Edgar to my recollection. There is also a point in the game when Edgar considers flirting with Relm, but stops himself because of her age, which suggests that he might be receptive to dating somebody who is much younger than him, just so long as she is not a child. That would seem preclude the girl in the immediate future, but children do not stay children forever, so she might eventually might get her wish after she comes of age, if she still feels the same way as an adult anyway.

Relm is another possibility in that time frame, since she is never given the opportunity to reveal how she would react to a declaration of love from Edgar, but I have difficulty seeing her date an older man even as an adult, and even if she would she would never stop teasing him about his age. That is based on how she treats Strago and the fact that this would be at least 7 years after the events of the game.

Quote (Locke Unlocked)
Although, admittedly, I can see how it would be hard for Setzer to go to Maria now that he's seen Celes in action.

Eeh, I do not think Setzer would have been that affected by Celes. I can see how he might have an interest in her because of the whole opera house situation, but the fact is that Deryl was the love of Setzer's life, and nobody can hold a candle to that. Oh sure, other characters in the game who have lost their loves like Locke and Cyan have found new love interests, but the problem with Setzer is that he never really had the chance to build deep emotional bonds through overcoming mutual strife in desperate times like the others, and we are on the cusp of a new golden era by the game's end, which means he will not have much of an opportunity to do so.

What might make it hard for Setzer to go back to Maria is the distinct possibility that Maria might have been killed by Kefka. We never hear about Maria again after the opera scene, much less after the cataclysm. Also, in the Japanese version of the game, the enemy known as Lady in the third tier of the final boss fight is actually named Maria in the Japanese version, but if it is the same person then she no longer looks very human and more statuesque than alive.

If this hypothesis is correct, then that would mean neither Edgar nor Setzer could have her, and Setzer might fight for Celes' affections in part of the resemblance and in part because of the emotional bonds forged through having fought together. The possibility is strengthened by the fact that it is possible to complete the game without ever recovering Locke, but you must get Setzer to get the Falcon, which is necessary to complete the game.

Speaking of that matter, eek, I never really thought about it before but the state of the world would still be pretty grim if you only did the absolute bare minimum to complete the game, even with Kefka gone. You would have never save Cid or Shadow; Terra would have been killed by Phunbaba while trying to defend the children of Molbliz and said children would have been eaten, Mog's fate would be the same as the rest of the Moogles (whatever that is); Sabin would be crushed under a house during his futile attempt to save a child; Relm would be Owzer's slave, Strago would be wallowing in pity for Relm because he would be under the as; Cyan's soul may have been devoured if he ever returned to Doma and Gogo would still be worm food. At least Gau and Umaro would be relatively okay. In fact Umaro might be better off if you never unlock him, since he does not have to be Mog's slave in that case, but he seems to be the only one, since even though Gau would be no worse than he was before he started the game, he would never meet his friends again. I guess that makes sense since Umaro is a monster, and really somewhat of a non-sequitur to the whole story really. I mean Gogo is even more of a non-sequitur than Umaro, but living in the Zone Eater's belly doesn't really seem like it would have been too pleasant.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 5th October 2020 15:30

--------------------
Post #216307
Posted: 16th October 2020 14:15

Cactuar

Awards:
This is why we write fanfiction. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions about what characters do after the game ends. I have my own opinions that very few people agree with.

For instance: I believe that Terra is on the Ace spectrum of the LGBT+ community. She doesn't need a love intrest because she's happy and perfect the way she is.

Locke and Celes probably want children but Celes is going to have severe PTSD and would not handle a baby very well. They might adopt one of the older children that Terra cares for. Not to mention the large chance that Rachel was pregnant when she fell off the bridge. Locke would have reservations about babies as well.

Edgar flirts with little girls. I hate him. Yes, gadgets are fun; but a playboy of any value as a person wouldn't flirt with children. (Relm on screen and the little girl in his bedroom (BEDROOM) in Figaro. People particularly hate that I mention this.

Sabin: Probably the best match for Terra but would never push a relationship. Most likely would open his own school.

From there, yeah it doesn't get interesting. In terms of Gau he would either stay on the planes or go with Sabin to be a student.

Cyan should never have done that to Lola. That was cruel. I do hope he finds peace however.

Setzer??? Probably either properly courts Maria (if she survived the apocalypse) or just goes about his life as a bachelor. If not, I hope he finds someone who he can love and be loved by.

The point is: We're all going to have differing opinions. Cringe or not we are entitled to them. My opinions are far too heavy handed and serious for a game but I always consider the probability of severe PTSD after you know...FIGHTING GOD.

What fan in their right mind does that? Talk about it, but respect each other.

Also yes, there was a fan war between 6 and 7 for a short time in the 90s, I got caught in it. It was overwhelmed by the shipping wars that began with 7 and ended in the early 2000s however so it's not really remembered. A friend and I are having fun bringing it up again on TikTok and apparently people love to see Terra and Cloud be catty with each other so we're running with it.

Every fan is different. Embrace your cringe and just love the fandom in your own way.

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #216324
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: