CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Updating the FF7 walkthrough

Posted: 18th April 2009 13:24
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Hey, just wondering if it'd be worth updating the FF7 Walkthrough? There's quite a bit of missing stuff I'm noticing as I go through yet another play through of the game.
Post #176943
Posted: 19th April 2009 10:53

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
It'd be helpful if you could cite anything specific you think we've missed. We don't have any plans to remake or update that walkthrough at the moment, because as far as we knew, we thought we'd covered pretty much everything. If not, it'd be good to get some idea where we're falling down.
Post #176951
Posted: 19th April 2009 15:07
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I'll try and make a list of somekind as I go through the game, then post it here when I'm done, but just as an example of what I mean:

City Of The Ancients

"Next hut has an δElixir and an option to rest (note that if you rest, you have a night time sequence)."

You -have- to rest here to advance the story, otherwise the way you need to go isn't open. Being a little rusty I was running about trying to remember why I couldn't go down, then I rested to get the scene anyway, and it opened the way ahead for me. As you can see it's nothing major, but could be a little confusing.
Post #176952
Posted: 6th July 2009 01:10

Returner

mm. what about returning to junon after u get the buggy?
It's not a really big thing but u can level up here really easy, if u come to the hallway where the shirna soldiers are practicing and click on the red line. an alarm turns on and u get to to fight this HARD enemies that are suppose to be later in the game.

Sorry if this is already in the walkthrough, but i dont remember reading it. it's probably better to put this on the misc. secrets section. but OH well, i just want to say it.

btw. it's a great walkthrough! congrats.
Post #179094
Posted: 15th May 2010 21:27
Returner

Hi, i'm back with another little discovey. Guess everything bigger
is discovered. When you are for the second time in the train and
the alarm start, i go back and talk to the guy who was laying and he
give a phoenix down (Whoo what a discovery). Anyway i wanted
to shate that, sorry if my english is bad i'm from Bulgaria.
Post #185630
Posted: 25th June 2010 01:58

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Didn't really think it was worth creating a new thread, but I found some incorrect info:
-The miss-able items guide says you can only get Cloud's Yoshiyuki during your first visit to Rocket Town- however, I got one right after I picked up the Lunar Harp.
-The miss-able items guide also states that the Wutai sidequest is unavailable on Disk 2- the sidequest article says you can start the quest- as long as you haven't returned to Midgar.
-Dragon Force cannot be learned from a Blue Dragon, as it cannot be manipulated. Kinda sucks; I spent a good hour trying to manipulate it. Until I read on the Final Fantasy Wiki that they are immune to it. :/

Besides that, everything seems perfect. It's a great walkthrough. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Raian the Fallen on 25th June 2010 05:58

--------------------
Post #186305
Posted: 11th May 2011 10:46

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Raian the Fallen @ 25th June 2010 01:58)
Didn't really think it was worth creating a new thread, but I found some incorrect info:
-The miss-able items guide says you can only get Cloud's Yoshiyuki during your first visit to Rocket Town- however, I got one right after I picked up the Lunar Harp.
-The miss-able items guide also states that the Wutai sidequest is unavailable on Disk 2- the sidequest article says you can start the quest- as long as you haven't returned to Midgar.
-Dragon Force cannot be learned from a Blue Dragon, as it cannot be manipulated. Kinda sucks; I spent a good hour trying to manipulate it. Until I read on the Final Fantasy Wiki that they are immune to it. :/

Besides that, everything seems perfect. It's a great walkthrough. biggrin.gif

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means and I completely agree with you on the second and third point.

Firstly, Rocket Town comes before you get the Lunar Harp, since you can't get to Bone Village without first getting to Rocket Town. Secondly, you can only get Yoshiyuki from the man who asks you to stare at the rocket with him in Rocket Town. Since you can't do this without actually going to Rocket Town then you can't get it sooner. You can get it afterwards because by 'first visit' it means that no event has been triggered to change what is happening in Rocket Town. Similarly, you can say that you can only see the story telling scene in Kalm the first time you go there; however one could enter and leave Kalm an infinite number of times before triggering the scene.
The last two I am pretty sure you're right, considering the second is obviously just a bit of incontinuity in writing. The last one I definitely agree with you on, considering you can't confuse the Blue Dragon either.
Post #194819
Posted: 27th May 2012 19:59

Lunarian

Awards:
Quote (Akimbo @ 19th April 2009 10:07)
I'll try and make a list of somekind as I go through the game, then post it here when I'm done, but just as an example of what I mean:

City Of The Ancients

"Next hut has an δElixir and an option to rest (note that if you rest, you have a night time sequence)."

You -have- to rest here to advance the story, otherwise the way you need to go isn't open. Being a little rusty I was running about trying to remember why I couldn't go down, then I rested to get the scene anyway, and it opened the way ahead for me. As you can see it's nothing major, but could be a little confusing.

I just recently played VII again and was using the CoN Walkthrough. The same thing happened to me and I ended up having to look it up elsewhere before I caught on. It had been about eight or nine years since I last played it.

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #200345
Posted: 5th November 2012 05:39
Returner

2.16: Raid on Midgar

Two things on this one:
During the fight with the Turks if you get one of their HPs down to 0 it seems that that's the exp and AP you get (because they run away once one of them is down). Maybe there should be a note that if you get them all to 0 you get all the exp and AP they have to offer, which is nice. KOTR ftw!

The second thing is similar to the first in that when fighting proud clod if you take both targets down to 0HP, you get 15000exp and 2500AP (which is pretty different than the 7000exp and 1000AP listed for this boss). Oh and 20k gil insted of 10k.

The reason I noticed this was because in my first turn I used KOTR and got wayy more AP and exp than I was expecting. So yea... it might be worth mentioning esp. considering if you got some trip ap weapons and double ap bracelets goin on.

Did not find out before but my suspicion is that this is the case for all encounters with folks that like to run away after one of them get a little hurt.

This post has been edited by lennybaxter on 5th November 2012 05:43
Post #201441
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: