CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
A meet up?

Posted: 10th February 2007 03:19

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
What would you guys/Beautiful ladies think if we got together, ALL of us. JUST
CoN members. What would you suggest? Id be lookin at a reunion party?
What do you people think. Just throwin a thought out there! What would you do?!
Post #143825
Posted: 10th February 2007 03:26

Dragoon

Awards:
Well only if its in AZ, that way ZH and I could show everyone how far ahead Arizona liquor stores are compared to the rest of the world.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #143827
Posted: 10th February 2007 03:33
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
So only beautiful ladies are invited? Josh can't come?

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #143830
Posted: 10th February 2007 03:34

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
That wouldn't really work for me, because I don't actually exist. Except on facebook.

--------------------
Post #143831
Posted: 10th February 2007 03:35

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

CoN members live everywhere from America to Japan to Brazil to Poland, a meet-up might be sort of hard.

--------------------
Squenix games completed:

FFIII
FFIV
FFVI
FFVII
FFIX
FFX
FF Tactics: Advance 2
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest 8
Dragon Quest 11
Super Mario RPG
Post #143832
Posted: 10th February 2007 03:39

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
No prob bro! I was throwing it out there! But if it did happen Who would you like to see most?! Id like to see R-51 and + laszlow! there pretty cool. Ive been here for a
while,my posts may not show it, but I HAVE. And I do have to say, they do know EVERYTHING about the site, and I can rely on them if I have a question or problem
that needs tending to! They try their best even if they dont succeed....I have known them 4ever,and ever, and ever, and.... well you get the picture.
I just hope one day I can see their faces even if its on the net.
Post #143833
Posted: 10th February 2007 03:53

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
You're incredibly creepy, man.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #143835
Posted: 10th February 2007 04:00

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 9th February 2007 23:53)
You're incredibly creepy, man.

I concur.

Aside from that, though, I wouldn't mind meeting R51 or RuneLancer someday. Doubtful it would ever happen, but I think it'd be interesting to meet some people I've talked to online/worked for/worked with in person. Not saying it's a good idea because I'm pretty sure RL is a mass murderer, but meh. I still have 4++ years of college ahead of me before I think about any of that.

As for the liklihood of an actual CoN extravaganza, I'd give it zero probability. If R51 actually organized it, maybe two people would bother to show up, including him. Too widespread and too shady (it IS the internet, after all).

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #143836
Posted: 10th February 2007 04:04

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Im sorry man its just that Ive been on here all these years and Ive NEVER, not once seen yours or laszlows faces. Its just that I look up to you guys.
Thats what gave me this Idea, even knowing that it will NEVER happen.
Ive known you forever R-51! and as long as your on CoN Im on CoN, face it bro,HAHAHAHA, your stuck with me on here!LOL!

And Id quit laughin' laszlow, I DID NOT forget about you either! Your stuck with me as well, Computer Pal!
Post #143837
Posted: 10th February 2007 04:24
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
no

--------------------
Post #143841
Posted: 10th February 2007 04:26

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I've already met quite a few CoN members. It's been fun each time.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #143842
Posted: 10th February 2007 07:31

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
I'd want to get together with a few CoN members for some laughs, it could probably be some fun...but really, I can only imagine actually hanging out or traveling to see the few I really talk to in chat and the people I've corresponded with since being here, basically the CoNchat regulars. I think I've tried to persuade Bobbo and MG to come down to Montreal on a few occasions.

I almost met up with Elena99 when she was in Montreal a while back, but I forgot to leave her a way to contact me and so the chance was missed. Silverlancer actually lives in the same city as me, but we've never met. It is a big city after all.

At any rate, if all goes according to plan, my band should be doing some traveling this summer, so who knows. I might run into a few of you.

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #143849
Posted: 10th February 2007 12:22

Lunarian

Awards:
I guess it might be kinda' nice, but I wouldn't drop everything ta' make it happen. The web site's enough for me. If there's a big CoN-invited party within the U.S., then I might consider goin', but the computer screen's enough for me.

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #143860
Posted: 10th February 2007 12:41

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
I just hope one day I can see their faces even if its on the net.

You can see Josh's face in his profile.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #143862
Posted: 10th February 2007 12:46

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I've never met any CoN people, but I've had a couple of almost-meets, like DF said. I've known some of the staff members, at least online, for more than 5 years, and I think something like 10 in R51's case.

The main problem is geography, as someone already pointed out. We're in a very big world, and it's getting increasingly harder to travel internationally.

That said, I don't see why you couldn't try to organize a meet-up for your city, or state/province/region.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #143863
Posted: 10th February 2007 13:14

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
I cannot leave the country as part of the court agreement with Germany and Belgium. sad.gif

tongue.gif

I've considered the possibility of going a few thousand miles to creepily turn up on someone's door and then tell them to look at a certain thread before leaving, then upon returning to the UK, announcing on CoNchat "Wait, I should really have just done that in chat..." but this is a silly idea and only to be entertained in the strange little fantasy world I live in.

It's great, there's unicorns with rocket launchers. And hundreds of cows and aliens, and a yellow submarine.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #143866
Posted: 10th February 2007 18:11

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
The place is a problem, since as mentioned, we all live in way different places from each other.

Personally though, i would love the idea of REGIONAL gettogethers, where people from each region host a meet. This could just be the fact i live in Seattle talking though, where nothing like this ever happens...as far as i know.

--------------------
<DrkMagimaster282> MWAHAHA. I,
DrkMagimaster282, shall wreak havoc and destroy...
<Mother>TIIIIIIMMYYY...are you planning evil, unkind revenge again in the bathroom??
<DrkMagimaster282>UMMMMMMMM...NO.

CoN day is May 27th, 2005
Join elder-geek.com for unbiased reviews, no console wars here...
Post #143874
Posted: 10th February 2007 20:39

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
That could be a problem for someone like me. I mean...I do a lot of stuff for the government...I just happen to love FF, Gaming and all, so I spend some time on the site when I can. I mean...to be honest, the government makes it hard enough for my family to find me, let alone random people. Good idea though...I guess.

--------------------
This is a webcomic and gaming blog where I rant about nonsense. Enjoy.

I was a soldier, now I just play one in video games.
Post #143899
Posted: 10th February 2007 23:22

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
It would be cool to hang out with some of the CONers, but let's face it logistically, it's just not a good idea. We're all poor enough as it is and the one facet of all our lives that we know we'd have in common is FF.....so what would we talk about.....FF

I for one say save your $400 and start going to Chat
Post #143919
Posted: 11th February 2007 02:15

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
What about at an anime convention? There are tons all over the place, and they provide a very public (and therefore, relatively safe) way to meet people. Also, meeting at a con would provide lots more to do than simply talk about FF.

Of course, travel expenses would still be a problem for some, but since it'd be at a con, there'd be tons of people there already, so it wouldn't be too bad if only a few people could make it.
Post #143936
Posted: 11th February 2007 02:58

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I've seen lots of internet communities do this, and frankly you cant measure it's effectiveness by the amount of people that show up.

3-5 people getting together would probably be good for a community the size of CoN.

I've never attended one of these things, but from what I've heard, they're pretty fun. Meeting some people can be freaky (like, REALLY freaky), but hey smile.gif
Post #143941
Posted: 11th February 2007 09:05

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Me and Gears met up at a Bears game earlier this year. I wish I would've had a camera or something at least.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #143961
Posted: 11th February 2007 10:21

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I've already met most of the people that frequent here, they just don't know it. Mwahahaha... I'm that really scary guy, the one that smiles with all his teeth and makes those odd grunting noises. The one that's always trying to look up your nose for reasons that no one knows or wants to know. The one that...
---
But seriously, sounds fun, if slightly impossible.

--------------------
'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'
Post #143965
Posted: 11th February 2007 12:30

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I like everyone just the way they are. It would be disappointing to find out that Sabin Trainee's actually a distinguished museum curator and R51 speaks in a really high-pitched voice not a braud New Yorker one that I've got stuck in my head. Neither of these will be true (probably) but you get the idea.

Probably should add, I can't read one post below this due to a severe eyesight deficiency and therefore whatever is written will not be read by me.

This post has been edited by sweetdude on 11th February 2007 15:40

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #143968
Posted: 11th February 2007 13:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (sweetdude @ 11th February 2007 07:30)
R51 speaks in a really high-pitched voice not a braud New Yorker one that I've got stuck in my head.

I'm not a New Yorker, I just live here. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #143972
Posted: 11th February 2007 20:34

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 11th February 2007 08:48)
Quote (sweetdude @ 11th February 2007 07:30)
R51 speaks in a really high-pitched voice not a braud New Yorker one that I've got stuck in my head.

I'm not a New Yorker, I just live here. smile.gif

I know you're a St. Louis fan, but any chance you have that nice, healthy Chicago accent?

Sausage...ditka...bearss

thumbup.gif

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #143984
Posted: 11th February 2007 21:27

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (fatman @ 11th February 2007 06:21)
I've already met most of the people that frequent here, they just don't know it. Mwahahaha... I'm that really scary guy, the one that smiles with all his teeth and makes those odd grunting noises. The one that's always trying to look up your nose for reasons that no one knows or wants to know. The one that...
---
But seriously, sounds fun, if slightly impossible.

I've always wondered who that was.

I think it would be amusing to have some sort of get-together, though as everyone else has said it's highly unlikely. I would really like to meet other Nova Scotians that visit here; I only know one other besides me. Actually, she lives about ten minutes from my house and I see her at school everyday. I guess I do have my own reunion everyday!

--------------------
Why, hello guys! Haven't been around here in a loooong time!
http://dragcave.net/user/LadyTwi
http://www.backloggery.com/ladytwi
Post #143991
Posted: 12th February 2007 02:50

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Narratorway @ 10th February 2007 04:24)
no

hahahahaha

Wow man... when you can sum it up with one word... thats pretty bad...

Like, I wouldn't mind getting together or anything for a CoN-con or whatever it would be called...., but the fact of the matter is I don't even have enough free time to be online right now laugh.gif

Not to mention travel issues... and frankly... with few exceptions... you guys freak me out... sorry... but its true dry.gif

Quote (Del S @ 10th February 2007 13:14)
It's great, there's unicorns with rocket launchers. And hundreds of cows and aliens, and a yellow submarine.

Oh and omg Del S you're a genius man.... you should like... write a book or something... I'd totally buy it... really... im not being sarcastic...I really would.

--------------------
<FrPhoenix[Around]> "Burgleburgleburgle"

Post #144012
Posted: 20th February 2007 02:41

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (CT5Holy @ 11th February 2007 21:50)
Quote (Narratorway @ 10th February 2007 04:24)
no

hahahahaha

Wow man... when you can sum it up with one word... thats pretty bad...

Like, I wouldn't mind getting together or anything for a CoN-con or whatever it would be called...., but the fact of the matter is I don't even have enough free time to be online right now laugh.gif

Not to mention travel issues... and frankly... with few exceptions... you guys freak me out... sorry... but its true dry.gif

Quote (Del S @ 10th February 2007 13:14)

Oh and omg Del S you're a genius man.... you should like... write a book or something... I'd totally buy it... really... im not being sarcastic...I really would.

Which reminds me.
Do not spam the topic please. no one word posts,either,Thnx smile.gif

Moderator Edit
And you don't act like a mod. That's in the rules. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 20th February 2007 11:27
Post #144550
Posted: 20th February 2007 02:50

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Now that I remember, last summer I went to Manhattan and later on left to Providence on a Greyhound Bus that stopped in White Plains, I was like HEY, I think the CoN web master lives here, I was right. Seems like a nice place, at least where I went. Is not that far from New York City either.

Anyway, a meet up? pretty unlikely.

--------------------
PS3 tag: TipoDLuffy

"...quite possibly the greatest game ever made"
Post #144555
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: