CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Best Character

Posted: 25th January 2003 22:51

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I picked Kain. I don't believe I have to explain why?
Post #7516
Posted: 26th January 2003 04:09
Returner

Awards:
I liked rubicant. I think a game shoud have been made about the Four fiends (similar to the likes of FF1) with an upgrade to status.

But anyway, Rubicant was great. He was a true Warrior.
Think about it, Fighting 5 of the strongest Warriors in the world Alone. And healing them at that so as not to take advantage of them. He deserves my vote and respect.

Gah, that was so freakin' corny.

--------------------
"You see Timmy, you can't take every thing as a life and death situation, 'cause you'll die a lot of times" -Van Wilder
Post #7541
Posted: 26th January 2003 13:22

Crusader

Awards:
I voted Edge. I had a problem of choosing between him, Rydia and Cain. Points:
Kain is a Dragoon - dragoons rock - and reminds me of FF2j's Lionheart (aka the Dark Knight of FF2j).
Rydia is a Summonner, my favourie class, she's cute, sharp minded and tounged and she's my type.
Edge is a ninja, a dark warrior, not much of saying for this class, except that i like throwing ninjitsu. The charchter himself is great though, and i personificate (that's the word i think) myself with him. Besides, he likes Rydia. From the bad guys i definetly most like Rubicante. Reason:
But anyway, Rubicant was great. He was a true Warrior.
Think about it, Fighting 5 of the strongest Warriors in the world Alone. And healing them at that so as not to take advantage of them. He deserves my vote and respect.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #7571
Posted: 23rd March 2003 04:48

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Cecil Paladin
Most focus time gives most character development, depending on how much you read into the story.
I could have chosen either DK or P, but I chose P because it was his Ultimate Redemption for being a DK
Post #9908
Posted: 23rd March 2003 05:56

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Go-ultra-powerful-hero-whose-Fight-command-is-about-as-strong-as-any-other-character's-specials-when-everyone-is-maxed!

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #9929
Posted: 25th March 2003 19:52
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
His dark attack was amazing at the beginning stages of the game.

--------------------
Any and all who opose the Excalibur will be smited
Post #10162
Posted: 25th March 2003 20:05
Onion Knight

Awards:
IMO Cecil is the best charcter cos of his abilities and what he went through, and the way he forgave his own brother :( , damn i'm gonna start crying.

--------------------
Any and all who opose the Excalibur will be smited
Post #10169
Posted: 14th April 2003 17:43
Onion Knight

Awards:
you do know ...
Rydia was the only character who could kill an entire screenful of enemies in one fell swoop.  The only one.  I mean, this girl's got it - green hair and ultimate power, who can resist?

And those of you complaining about spell charge time, here's a trick:
Kill everyone off but Rydia and just have her cast ultimate spells until she gains so many levels that the game's a joke.  Revive the others.  Continue.

--------------------
//seventhe will be out of commission until 19 may.  she'll be in cancun, so feel free to be jealous.

home of the most random portfolio ever.  artwork, fiction, literature, fanwork, and more sarcasm than you can shake a stick at.
Post #11050
Posted: 14th April 2003 18:26

Awards:
i thought meteo hit everything on the screen, or you could cast a spell on multiple enemies... i havent played this game in far too long.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #11054
Posted: 15th April 2003 00:20

Awards:
Hmmm I picked Kain. I don't need to explain why.
Post #11066
Posted: 15th April 2003 19:12
Onion Knight

Awards:
Hmm..?  I was just saying that out of the final five characters that face Zeromus ...only one of them can wipe out a screen of baddies with one command.  and that's Rydia.
I am also horribly prejudiced towards her.  so keep that in mind.  ^^

--------------------
//seventhe will be out of commission until 19 may.  she'll be in cancun, so feel free to be jealous.

home of the most random portfolio ever.  artwork, fiction, literature, fanwork, and more sarcasm than you can shake a stick at.
Post #11103
Posted: 16th April 2003 09:43

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
Tellah; he's the perfect balance to the rest of the team. I can just see him smacking one of the other charecters with his staff when they start to get over emotional. I think I like him because his personality is close to mine.

Post #11126
Posted: 30th April 2003 08:38

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Kain...nuff said
Post #11702
Posted: 3rd May 2003 06:22
Onion Knight

Awards:
Gotta go with Tellah on this one...not because of his usefulness, but because of his funny glasses and for using the spoony bard line.
Post #11961
Posted: 4th May 2003 19:28

Crusader

Awards:
This vote goes to:
RYDIA! [fanfare]

Reasons:

Personal - Reminds me of my girlfriend. =^_^=
Functional - Summoner/Black Mage powers. This rocks!
Irrelevant - Green hair...

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #12023
Posted: 6th May 2003 01:31

Engineer

Awards:
Very hard choice.  But I'm goin' with Cid.  I love that guy, as far as the lover between a man and a bunch of pixels can go without being weird...

Some close runners...
Yang-Oh Yeah.  He kicks arse.  He's also married.  Which PROVES you don't have to be young and not married to kick arse.  It also shows a little more maturity in a game...

Cecil (both)-The Dark Knight was an awesome character, the fact that such a loyal knight got the guts to speak his mind before his king is admiable.  The Paladin was definitly the best character in the game, although a little bland.

and so on...

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #12106
Posted: 10th May 2003 22:31
Returner

Hmm... I'd have to say...

KAIN!

Um... why?

boing-boing-boing-boingBOINGboingBOING...

:)
Post #12258
Posted: 12th May 2003 04:38
Returner

Awards:
I chose Kain because he's...completely badass!  He has the jump attack which has saved me from Odin's wrath in more than one game.  I don't know if he still has it in hardtype, but there was a spear you could get randomly from killing red dragons.  I think it was called the dragoon spear.  In any case, whenever you attacked with it, you'd hear a lightning sound and the enemy would always (in my case) take 9,999 damage!
Post #12284
Posted: 23rd May 2003 21:23

Group Icon
NOT A GOOD POSTER ;_;

Kain's Jumping ability makes him hardly hittable and his dragoon armour looks even nicer on him in both the PSX and SNES
Post #12682
Posted: 22nd November 2003 03:19

Dragoon

Awards:
I voted for Kain
He is really cool and he could womp on Cecil any day

*sorry wrong FF game*
blush.gif
blush.gif blush.gif
thumbdown.gif

I feel like such an Idiot

This post has been edited by Cloud_Strife510 on 22nd November 2003 03:25

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #22181
Posted: 22nd November 2003 03:41

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I voted for Cecil the Paladin. The reasons should be obvious if you've played the game.

Yes, would it be possible for a moderator/admin to move this topic, please?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 22nd November 2003 21:17

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #22183
Posted: 22nd November 2003 04:38

Lunarian

Awards:
Yeah, I voted for Rydia, summ'ner of doom.

However Rydia is in FFIV not V. We al make mistakes.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #22184
Posted: 22nd November 2003 07:38

Black Mage

Awards:
Well, i like Bartz the Best. wait--is this the right game? no wait, he's in V not IV. crap now i feel SOOOOOOOO dumb.
i cant believe i voted for a character thats not even in a game. the only thing that could POSSIBLY be more embarrassing than that would be to start a poll up on character for the wrong game. i would absolutely want to DIE if i did that.

wink.gif

--------------------
once you can accept yourself, you will never be alone
Post #22198
Posted: 22nd November 2003 12:56

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Merged three favourite character topics, and removed pointless polls on all of them. Don't make a poll if you can't fit the options in.
Post #22205
Posted: 22nd November 2003 19:43

Dragoon

Awards:
by far Kain is the best he is the one who could womp on everyone in the game just like most highwinds or cids (names finally connected in VII)

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #22233
Posted: 23rd November 2003 06:40

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
My favorite playable character in the game goes out too FuSoYa .. he's like the Gandolf of FF4. Old and Wise, yet Strong as well, and knowledgeable in Magic beyond belief. After all he's a Lunarian, full-blooded .. He's got the most kick @$$ eyebrows I've ever seen and his eyes glow when he's about to thwart one of his mystical spells. Dude's awesome..

.. Now all he needs is a pipe and some fine smoke.
Post #22303
Posted: 24th November 2003 04:24

Returner

Awards:
Rydia.

Gameplay-wise, she&w39;s imo the most versatile black mage due to having black magic and summons. Tellah sucks, it's tough to compare Palom with Rydia at high levels without hacking, and I prefer having summons over White Magic in FuSoYa's case.

Storyline-wise, I love her character. I find the story of a girl whose town was destroyed by a person that she eventually quests with till she is swallowed and taken to the land of summons to mature 10 years with no human contact and then rejoin her party and save the world fascinating. Plus, I love her attitude. Despite not having much human contact in her life, she's not about to let people walk all over her.

Appearance-wise, you cannot go wrong with green hair.
Post #22367
Posted: 25th November 2003 01:31

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Oh come on. It's all about the one, the only, the spooniest...Edward!! heart.gif Kain and Rydia are tied for second place, although one might pull ahead a little bit depending on my mood on any given day.
Post #22470
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: