CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Pink Puffs!

Posted: 14th February 2004 19:51

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
So I finally got into a battle with Pink Puffs. (No, no matter how many times I replay it, I still am not getting the damned pink tail.) What surprised me was the "Let's dance!" script on the top of the screen. Then (even if I had input commands for Edge and Rydia) Edge, Rydia, and Kain go basically berserk (although they don't have that status). Sometimes Rosa goes berserk also, but Cecil never goes berserk. So I have control only over Cecil, and sometimes Rosa as well. Is this what's supposed to happen, or is it a glitch? And why does it happen anyways?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #29355
Posted: 14th February 2004 20:27

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
Ive gotten in a battle qwith the pink puff 5 times and none of my people ever got beserked
I think its just a crazy glitch shifty.gif
Post #29360
Posted: 14th February 2004 23:19

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I havent fought pink puffs to many times, but my characters never went berserk. I had gotten the rat tail on the first try smile.gif.

--------------------
Yeah, I barely post.
Post #29377
Posted: 15th February 2004 15:56

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
That's what "Let's Dance" is supposed to do. And the members who go beserk is, for the most part, random. I've had Cecil go beserk several times, and each character under my control at least once (but the scenario you described seems to be the most common).
It may also have to do with the "Will" stat, but that's just speculation.

This post has been edited by Dark Paladin on 15th February 2004 15:57

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #29456
Posted: 15th February 2004 17:46

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I noticed that the music changes to a fast chocobo theme after the Let's Dance caption. After a while, though, it changes back to a slower chocobo theme. Is there any significance to this--do I increase my stats/exp/GP/chance of getting pink tail/else if I beat them before the music changes?

In any case, it's a freakish-absurd battle. Fortunately pink puffs are the only one of the slime enemies that are vulnerable to physical attacks. And yeah, come to think of it, it's probably the will stat, because don't Cecil and Rosa have the highest will stats in the party?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #29476
Posted: 19th February 2004 00:26

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 15th February 2004 12:46)
Is there any significance to this--do I increase my stats/exp/GP/chance of getting pink tail/else if I beat them before the music changes?

Nope

In any case, it's a freakish-absurd battle.

Yep

And yeah, come to think of it, it's probably the will stat, because don't Cecil and Rosa have the highest will stats in the party?

Maybe.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #29855
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: