CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
If someone would be so kind as to help me.

Posted: 24th January 2004 04:46

Returner

I need to know what level I should be in the Giant.

I'm levels
FuSoYa - 50
Rydia - 39
Cecil - 41
Rosa - 40
Edge - 38
Post #27212
Posted: 24th January 2004 04:55

Returner

those are pretty good levels, about what i was around my first time through, but you'll want to do some heavy leveling in the last place(forgot the name lol)
Post #27214
Posted: 24th January 2004 06:06

Returner

Lunar Subbasement... at least it was in FF2 on SNES...

I dunno about FF4 on PSX ohmy.gif

I haven't played all the way through it on PSX tongue.gif
Post #27218
Posted: 24th January 2004 08:21
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
My levels were around that level too...but I found the 4 element fight pretty hard so you may want to level up a bit.
Post #27240
Posted: 24th January 2004 16:01

Returner

Quote (Cid_Highwind @ 23rd January 2004 23:46)
I'm levels
FuSoYa - 50
Rydia - 39
Cecil - 41
Rosa - 40
Edge - 38

I've leveled up a bit and now I'm at
FuSoYa - 51
Rydia - 41
Cecil - 43
Rosa - 42
Edge - 41

And stupid Valvalis still kills me.
Post #27253
Posted: 24th January 2004 19:27

Returner

on valvalus just keep having FuSoYa using bolt3(lit3) on her and have rydia use bolt2(lit2)
Post #27263
Posted: 24th January 2004 23:55

Returner

The last time I went through the game I was at level 65+ at that point and the battle were hard. Then again I was playing an emulated FF4 Hard Type. I haven't played the PSX version of FF4, but holy crap is this one much more difficult then the crapulicious FF2! Heal potions cost 50000 gil for example. I also have a custom translation patch from J2E which is nothing like the original, but it has much better localization, and its plain funny in places. (they changed Tellah's "You spoony Bard!" to "You S.O.B!" My only gripe)

What are the names of fiends in the PSX version? In mine they're:

Scarmiglione, Valvalicia, Rubicante, and....darnit I forget the water guy's name. sad.gif
Cecil also has a Dark Wave attack initially is that in the PSX version?

--------------------
I am Aetrus Aedius Andur'anil of Constagando, on the continent of Paeira in the world of Aedur'anea. I am the Guardian of this world's realm and as the last warior of a great line I must guard against an evil that rose 2500 years ago and drove my world to ruin. He will return, and so I watch and wait.
Post #27277
Posted: 25th January 2004 05:21

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Eh, lowest level ive ever been on the moon (1st visit) is around Level 43 (Average) and i had one hell of a time even trying to walk around the place =\ so might i recommend you level your guys up to around 50-55 for a much less stressful travel to the core. Zeromus, might give you quite a beating if you dont level up though.

As for those Fiend names in the PSX Version..

Cagnazzo - Water
Milon/Milon.Z - Earth
Rubicant - Fire
Valvalis - Wind
Post #27300
Posted: 25th January 2004 06:44

Crusader

Awards:
Edge has horrible defense, he was always dying in my game. Might wanna beef him up a little so he can stand up to their attacks.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #27318
Posted: 25th January 2004 19:30

Returner

Well I beat them and yea this is FFChronicles.

You'd know that if you saw my website ;P

But then again it's not very popular for some reason. ^^;;

No I'm not really begging you or asking you to look but I was just stating that I have a picture of my FF games on it tongue.gif

FF Origins, FF Chronicles, FF Anthology, FF7, 8, 9 10, Tactics, Tactics Advance, 3(SNES), Mystic Quest, added 10-2 on Christmas.

When I get money hopefully I can add 2(SNES) tongue.gif
Post #27357
Posted: 26th January 2004 00:38

Black Mage

Awards:
I had levels similar to what you had entering the Giant. I beat it no problem in FF4PSX.

That's because I went and got Bamahut though, I believe. And I ran some of the time.... a lot of the time. But I easily beat the Elementals and the Computer.

right now though my guys are:

edge: 40
rydia: 40
cecil: 43
kain: 45
rosa: 41

and i could go to that huge final dungeon. i wonder if i could beat it without much leveling.
Post #27399
Posted: 28th January 2004 16:29

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I had characters over level 50 when I dealt with the giant (I played FF2us). Seeing some of the levels you guys had, I now realize why I practically breezed through (and had a lot of fun Fire/Ice/Lit-3ing) the fiends.

By the way, on the names of the fiends (which are, I've heard, supposed to be fiends from Dante's Divine Comedy):
FFIVj name, FFIIus name
Scarmiglione, Milon
Cagnazzo, Kainazzo
Barbariccia, Valvalis
Rubicante, Rubicant
...that's according to what I know from reading FFIVj websites while looking for info on FFIIus. I haven't actually played FFIVj, though.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #27600
Cecil is Locke
Posted: 6th February 2004 01:34
Unregistered

I beated the game with (It was glitched in bizarre manner when i played it too)

Cecil at LV 30 (dark knight but, with paladin head)
Kain at LV 32 (he's freaking red)
Rosa at LV 29
Rydia (Dead) I hate Rydia, she's a freaking hermaphrodite for crying out load
Edge (In the plane of no return) In other words regardless if I revive him, he's dead after the first turn in any fight including against Zemus Breathe

If thought this was weird you should see what my FFV and FFVI games looked like
Post #28343
Posted: 29th February 2004 00:55

Returner

Personally, I prefer to go to the moon first (before the two caves of Sylph and Summoned monsters) ride fastly to get Fusoya and come back to regain Kain and uprade his levels with the others in the 2 caves. This means that when I enter the Giant, i'm actually not very leveled up. However, monsters are not really hard there xcept when you encounter 2 (err dont remember the name-giants??). As for the 4 bosses at the end, there are strats you can use to really win it up fastly. No need to talk about the CPU boss (hey I've even try for fun to kill him with Rosa and only her and there was no problem about it except that it was REALLY long). The Giant is not a hard part in this game that is actually not hard at all (even the *hard* version*) so you should not worry about your levels.

--------------------
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win...you're still retarded
Post #30939
Posted: 29th February 2004 02:17

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
Those levels are great. you can ezaly defeat the fiends... have fusoya lit on canazzo/vavalis and cure4 on milonZ (casue hes undead) and ice3 on rubicante
have rydia use lit/fire/ice2 on the enemies and rosa cure4 on milonz and cure the other members, have kain jump, cecil attack, and edge use flood on rubicante, blitz on cagnazzo, valvalis, and attack regularly for milonZ. Done
Post #30941
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: