CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Dark wave.

Posted: 5th November 2003 15:46

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
How do you use it?
Post #20321
Posted: 5th November 2003 15:50

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Well, if you are playing any version of the game other than the American SNES cart, it should be selectable from Cecil's battle menu. If you don't see it and Cecil is a Dark Knight, then you're playing a version of the game that does not have it.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #20323
Posted: 5th November 2003 15:57

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Darn. I got the SNES version. Thanks anyway.
Post #20326
Posted: 5th November 2003 16:24

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Just a note, it's not that you have the SNES version, the Japanese version if FF IV is the one with Dark Wave (still on SNES). The problem is you have the US version, the US realease of FF IV was toned down a lot, story wise and, in the case of Cecil, skill wise. You can get a translated Japanese version, but I find unless it's been translated by some at least quasi-respectable group, you get people changing dialogue to be what ever the heck they please, and it detracts from the experiance. My point being they're both for the SNES.

...of course, I suppose one could argue that the Japanese version was for the famicom... but then that'd be splitting hairs.

--------------------
Club Sandwiches. Not Seals.
Post #20331
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: