CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Coolest Bad Guy

Posted: 5th November 2003 15:18

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I just recently got around to beating FF4 again, and I realized my favorite part of this game is the Bad Guys...

And I think one of my favorite all time Bad Guys out of the entire FF series is Rubicant.

"I shall restore your power. Fight with all your might!"

What a bad @$$! He's giving his opposition a fair fight AND encouraging them to do their best.. truly my fave!
Post #20317
Posted: 5th November 2003 16:22

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
i always liked scarmiglione (milon). i never thought he got enough attention as some of the others, he just came outta the woodwork all of a sudden. i like FINDING pinkpuffs but i hate fighting them, cuz they take control of your characters and then youre screwed big time, especially at low levels.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #20330
Posted: 5th November 2003 16:34

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I'm gonna have to agree with Living Tribunal on this one. Rubicant was just plain cool. I mean, most enemies in video game you want to kick their butt because they've been established as schmucks *coughALGUScough*. Now Rubicant, that fight wasn't a matter of, let's mop the floor with this schmuck cause he's evil. It was like a duel, and man, he was takin' on a whole party of people. He is a baddie I love to love, and the fight with him is truly entertaining because of it.

honourable mention goes to the imps, those are some detemined baddies thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Generic Fighter #382 on 5th November 2003 16:40

--------------------
Club Sandwiches. Not Seals.
Post #20333
Posted: 5th November 2003 21:33

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I liked Rubicante. I like a character with a noble spirit, and Rubicante fits into it. He was like the "Good guy of the bad guys." The same situation in the series since was Gilgamesh in V, but that wasn't even close to the same thing.
I kind of feel sad for Rubicante because he would have made an excellent good guy, but the path he was brought down led him to face Cecil as an enemy.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #20352
Posted: 5th November 2003 22:33

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Golbez. Nice and nasty guy before he realizes he's your brother. Also got powerful black magic and summoning capability. Where'd he learn HoldGas?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #20360
Posted: 5th November 2003 23:45

Awards:
Rubicant was a nice change of pace to the other four fiends. You got to love the 'Never say die' attitude when numerous attempted are made to kill the party even after they have been vanquished. Golbez was also cool he was what the Dark Knight should have been.
Post #20367
Posted: 6th November 2003 00:01

Awards:
Quote (Generic Fighter #382 @ 5th November 2003 12:34)
honourable mention goes to the imps, those are some detemined baddies thumbup.gif

amen brother, they come in like groups of 20 and try real hard, you almost dont wanna kill them, they just wanna kick a little @$$... poor little guys. im not a fan of the trickster though, hes more than a little bit obnoxious.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #20370
Posted: 6th November 2003 00:27

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 5th November 2003 15:33)
Where'd he learn HoldGas?

Ate too many bowls of Lunarian chocobo and bean stew. tongue.gif

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #20375
Posted: 6th November 2003 00:34

Black Waltz

Awards:
I will have to say Kain when he was a bad guy, ultimate badass. As for ones you could actually beat I would have to go with Bahamut, who doesn't love the king of dragons

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #20376
Posted: 6th November 2003 06:15

Group Icon
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
The coolest badguy for me had to be Golbez. He just looked pretty damn cool when you fought against him...
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
and the fact he's your brother.

--------------------
"My impersonation of an ordinary person was flawless." - Neal

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
Post #20399
Posted: 6th November 2003 22:55

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN European Cup, 2008. Winner of the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Golbez! I love his music, he's cool looking, and he's one tough mofo to survive Meteo. Other than that Rubicant is cool and Kain as a baddie is cool, especially
the showdown between Kain and Cecil (in Fabul?). Kain sure showed Cecil what was happening tongue.gif

--------------------
SPEKKIO: "GRRR...That was most embarrassing!"
Post #20439
Posted: 8th November 2003 23:07

Lunarian

Awards:
I was a fan of the Mist Dragon, the appearence was great, and what's more is that you found you you were killing the mother of your soon-to-be ally.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #20518
Posted: 11th November 2003 21:38

Returner

Kainazzo was pretty freakin' evil looking, too bad he could be defeated in under 30 seconds.

The EvilWall takes my pick as the most difficult boss in the game, just because of the extremely short time limit. That whole Sealed Cave was a bitch, plain and simple.

--------------------
I am your guide to Hell...
Post #20677
Posted: 12th November 2003 07:07

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
EvilWall has an extremely short time limit?

How about Plague? "Extraordinarily" short time limit? (Too bad it's just a floating winged eye; it makes neither the coolest nor the ugliest baddie list.)

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 12th November 2003 08:44

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #20731
Posted: 12th November 2003 11:12

Crusader

Awards:
And the gods have blessed me with but another week of between-meals FFIV blasting!
And I have seen, that my favourite adversaries were:
(Fanfair)Rubicante and Barbariccia!
Okay, Rubes gets the 1st place for being badass, looking freaking cool and showing you how good he is ("Come! Fight me on full strenght!")
Place 2 goes to Barbariccia (Valvalis) apart from being the most troublesome of the Emperors to me, she's got got a great bod blush.gif and she's in love with the ultimate badass - Kain. What else could you want?

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #20745
Posted: 13th November 2003 06:29

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Maybe my memory is clogged, but when did Valvallis like Kain?
Post #20840
Posted: 13th November 2003 18:11

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I liked Milon especially since he lulls you into a false sense of security (assuming you don't read the manual/walkthrough).
By killing him, you actually make him more powerful and he's suddenly back for more. Undead rule. ^^
Post #20862
Posted: 13th November 2003 20:42

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Quote (Living Tribunal @ 13th November 2003 01:29)
Maybe my memory is clogged, but when did Valvallis like Kain?

There was a less-than-subtle hint right before you fought her.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #20873
Posted: 13th November 2003 20:59

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, I'd say Rubicant..and the Four Fiends in general.
Milon comes back for more, Kainazzo messes with the whole kingdom, Valvavis is the original tornado babe, and Rubicant is an honorable enemy?! Impossible!
Too bad Milon was a pushover, Kainazzo is a few Bolt 3's, and Valvavis is jumpzored into hell. Rubicant could be hard, mistiming Shiva to heal him always sucked.
Post #20875
Posted: 13th November 2003 22:13

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
It would have to be either Golbez or Rubicant. They are FREAKIN AWSOME. I am a big fan for the bad guys. I some times feel sad when they loose in the end. sad.gif Oh well, FF4 RULES!!!

--------------------
I will be the mustard of your doom!
Post #20884
Posted: 17th November 2003 03:46

Dragoon

Awards:
definetely rubicant he beleives in a fair fight biggrin.gif evevn if it was his own demise

This post has been edited by Cloud_Strife510 on 17th November 2003 03:48

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #21411
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: