CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
chars

Posted: 10th August 2003 02:12
Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Hey I always remember being mad that I had to end the game with cecil edge kain rosa and rydia.  Personally, i think rydia is a pain, and there are other chars i would have preferred.  So what's your ideal team?  If you could hack into the game and choose, which five would you use?

--------------------
i see you've set this time aside to humiliate yourself in public.
Post #15915
Posted: 10th August 2003 02:22

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Three Kains, and two Rydias  :E

But seriously, I actually liked the characters that the game ended with. Rosa wasn't particularly needed but she proved useful and Rydia was definitely a must have for the last battle. Cecil and Kain there as the heavy hitters and Edge throwin stuff like it's his job...it just works

--------------------
Jeez, another signature...i can't do this anymore, just kill me already!
Post #15917
Posted: 10th August 2003 03:51

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I would exchange Rosa for Porom, and Edge for Palom.  Not much else.  I like Rydia, and it'd always be nice to have two black magic casters, Cecil is powerful, and Kain's Jump is great.  I might also exchange Kain or Cecil for Yang, also.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #15924
Posted: 10th August 2003 04:17

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Cecil for Dark Knight Cecil.
Edge for Yang.
Rydia for Golbez.
Rosa for FuSoYa.
Kain stays.
Post #15925
Posted: 10th August 2003 08:50

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
I attacked the final boss with mostly Kain's jump.  Maybe I'd switch Edge for Yang even though I love ninjas, just because Yang would have more hit points.  However I back up the Spaceman.  The games gives you a good team.

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #15931
Posted: 10th August 2003 10:15

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Cecil
Rosa
Rydia
Edge
Yang
No way around it, Cain was the weakest and slowest powerhouse. (Bring on the flames)

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #15934
Posted: 10th August 2003 14:06

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I don't think I would change anything, although the idea of having a better white mage is tempting. Maybe I'd trade her for FuSoYa, that way I'd have another black mage at hand.
Post #15943
Posted: 12th August 2003 01:32
Returner

Edge
Rydia
Cecil
Porom
FuSoYa

Hands Down.

--------------------
Setzer the Second
Post #16060
Posted: 12th August 2003 14:42

Crusader

Awards:
I wouldn't change anything.
I don't think any other fighting charachter would do much more damage than Edge, Kain and Cecil, and I used the girls' magic mostly for keeping the party alive so...

Edge
Rydia
Kain
Cecil
Rosa

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #16087
Posted: 12th August 2003 15:22

SOLDIER

Awards:
Five Rosas.  She was by far my most useful character.

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #16094
Posted: 13th August 2003 21:10

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
I really like the ending team as it it but, just to shake things up a bit.

Cecil (he stays, gotta love the Crystal Sword)

Tellah (because of the black magics and white magics, but only if he wasn't so weak in the HP and MP department)

FuSoYa (same reason as Tellah)

Palom (if he had all black magics and good HP/MP)

Edge (he stays, throwing copies of Excalibur is nice)

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #16192
Posted: 1st September 2003 20:30

Engineer

Awards:
Instead of Kain and Edge, put in Yang and Cid.

C'mon! Edge is strong, but he always dies! He's suiciadal! And Kain is easily overshadowed by Cecil, Jump is his saving grace.

Yang and Cid may have much crappier abilities, but they define rocking and kick arse!

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #17032
Posted: 2nd September 2003 21:23
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Ignoring the stats that characters actually max out at and pretending that they were created with a learning curve that would allow them to be useful throughout the game, I'd take...

Cecil: Oh, come on, how could you not? Even if the game would let you ditch the main character, he's just cool, you know? Not singularly useful in the final fight, but cool nonetheless.

Kain: Being able to jump makes a huge difference in the fight with Zeromus. If you get lucky or have mad timing skillz, you can avoid a lot of damage and keep Kain alive a lot longer...which can make a critical difference if you need an extra person to use revive items.

Yang: Edge can throw things, but Yang can actually do damage...or he should be able to, if he had been intended to be played through the end of the game. The Spoon is nice, but...eh, screw it. I just like Yang more than I like Edge.

Rydia: Her low hit points limit her use, but she's always the biggest damage-dealer in boss fights in my games. happy.gif

Rosa: Duh, you need a healer, and you pretty much need one full-time, so switching FuSoYa or someone for her wouldn't help much, even though FuSoYa has a greater range of spells.

So, yeah. I'm actually pretty cool with the final party, I guess. Whodathunkit?

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #17118
Posted: 3rd September 2003 04:36

Returner

the final characters would have to be:

cecil- he is the most balanced fighter-plus all that crystal armor.

golbez- i bet he's got some good spells and a nice special skill.

rosa- ya gotta have a white mage- cure and life.

rydia- meteo is fun to cast! and bahamut kicks ass.

edge- his throw ability is great and ninja skills ain't too bad.

(so i guess all i would do is replace kain with golbez if i could.)

Post #17143
Posted: 3rd September 2003 04:42
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
It would be a little hard to judge how cool Golbez would turn out to be, seeing as you can't actually use him in the game. happy.gif()

(Bizarre game genie codes don't count! It's not the same thing!)

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #17144
Posted: 14th September 2003 04:38

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN European Cup, 2008. Winner of the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Golbez + FuSoYa = White Meteo
Need i say more? biggrin.gif
Post #17734
Posted: 14th September 2003 06:01

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Actually, "W" means "Double"

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #17743
Posted: 14th September 2003 12:26

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Well I did Cecil Kain Rose Rydia Tellah if not the other party would lose there lv 60s..

--------------------
One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
In the End by Linkin park
Post #17750
Posted: 30th September 2003 19:18

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Cecil: I always needed him in my party but I wish he could use more white magic

Rydia: Those summons saved my life so many times!

Yang: I actually found his defence raising thing quite useful, plus he has lots of HP

Porom: I much prefer her to Rosa. She has less HP but better magic.

Cid: Just to see if he could do anything useful at alll lol

--------------------
''Peace is but a shadow of death,
desperate to forget it's painful past,
though we hope for promising years,
after shedding a thousand tears
yesterday's sorrow constantly nears,
and while the moon shines blue,
by dawn it will turn a scarelt hue.'' - Kuja

''Then I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over.' - Aeris
Post #18658
Posted: 30th September 2003 19:22

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (Aeris Gainsborough @ 30th September 2003 15:18)
Cid: Just to see if he could do anything useful at alll lol

Cid is the only character who can get to 9999 HP at level 99 without any apples.
That's all the use you'll get out of him.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #18660
Posted: 3rd October 2003 04:08

Returner

[Yep, I know it's spelled wrong, it's supposed to be...]

Anyway, dream team, simple:

Paladin Cecil, obviously needing no explaination.
Rosa for watching the team's back.
Rydia for, well, killing everything.
FuSoYa would be subbing in for Kain (wuss) doing a great job with both Rosa and Rydia's responcibilities.
And Tellah, after he remembers all his spells, because... he knows all the spells!

Hands down, the magic users are what the end fights are all about, Cecil gets to stay only because it's his game and the crystal sword certain pulls its own weight.

--------------------
"Do that again and I swear I will skin you and wear your back as a cape!" - Me
Post #18830
Posted: 3rd October 2003 05:15

Awards:
Well here's my ideal team

Cecil(Paladin). Lets face it a Dark Knight Cecil would do no damage because a Dark Knight cannot beat pure evil. However a Paladin using holy weapons is a must for guys like Zeromus.

Kain. Kain's jump gives him longer staying power in the final battle. God himself knows how many times he avioded Big Bang. Coming down with twice the attack power and being strong he's very useful.

Rosa. Well a pure white mage would be the best option. Mainly because Rosa is as tough as nails compared to FuSoYa and Tellah. You may only use her for healing and not fighting but you do need a designated healer so your not tempted to use Black Mage spells too often.

Rydia. She's pure offense I never use Meteo it takes to long to use and not worth the MP. Why? Well there's only one Zeromus and Nuke and Bahamut are more effective. Only disadvantage is she tends to keel over too quickly.

Yang. I like Monks and Ninja's and Edge is not as tough as Yang. Despite the Throw skill Yang's Build Up I'd guess would do more damage. Pity he tends to peak at Lvl 60. But if your party Lvl is below that he's ideal.

The worst Possible team that could take Zeromus

Tellah. Everyone may like him but I wouldn't take him simply because 90MP is not enough to take a guy like Zeromus.

FuSoYa. Even if he surives the first bout as you see. His low Hp and defence wouldn't keep him alive long enough.

Palom or Porom(alone) Together might be good for a challenge but to have Palom you must have Porom and vice versa. And besides Rosa and Rydia are far better.

Dark Knight Cecil. Dark Wave looks cool but is about as useful as a Metal knife being used to retrieve bread stuck in a toaster while it's switched on. Plus his over strength is halved.

Edward. Nuff said
Post #18833
Posted: 3rd October 2003 09:10

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (MorgueN @ 3rd October 2003 01:15)
Rosa. Well a pure white mage would be the best option. Mainly because Rosa is as tough as nails compared to FuSoYa and Tellah. You may only use her for healing and not fighting but you do need a designated healer so your not tempted to use Black Mage spells too often.

Rydia. She's pure offense I never use Meteo it takes to long to use and not worth the MP. Why? Well there's only one Zeromus and Nuke and Bahamut are more effective. Only disadvantage is she tends to keel over too quickly.

Plus attacking Zeromus with non-summon magic makes him counter with Bio/Virus, IIRC.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #18839
Posted: 3rd October 2003 17:01
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 3rd October 2003 04:10)
Plus attacking Zeromus with non-summon magic makes him counter with Bio/Virus, IIRC.

That might be worth it to you, if you want to double the amount of damage you're doing with magic each round by using Rosa's Holy spell.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #18847
Posted: 4th October 2003 22:05

Returner

Who said anything about the latter rounds? If you have a team that can throw a handful of nukes, meteos, whites, a couple dingers from the crystal sword, etc. a round, there aren't going to be latter rounds.

--------------------
"Do that again and I swear I will skin you and wear your back as a cape!" - Me
Post #18903
Posted: 16th October 2003 03:13

Black Waltz

Awards:
Kain of course
Dark Cecil who gets killed and comes back as Light Cecil
Rosa who heals a dead Kain and starts making out with him
Edward so he can die
Yang, cause he was a badass

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #19271
Posted: 31st October 2003 10:41

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Cecil, Rydia (with more HP!!), Rosa, Golbez, and either FuSoYa or Edge

I didn't really like Kain that much. He can't use magic, his best weapon isn't that strong, and hey, he did screw your party over several times, so might you be suspecting him to defect in the final battle (hmm...)?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #20069
Posted: 4th November 2003 13:37

Lunarian

Awards:
It's been far too long since I've finished FF4 but I think I'd have:
Rosa (front)
Kain (front
Palom (back)
Porom (back)
Rydia (back)

I am all for the hardcore magi Team, I can use Kain's jump and his item usages to keep the oil burning long enough for Rydia to ship out sommons, Porom and Rosa can use holy and curative spells, and Palom can use twin magics with Porom as well as black magics. Either way I have two white mages and two black mages who togather have 3 unique deadly effects, not to mention Kain's jump.

But it's been a while since I've played right?

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #20224
Posted: 6th November 2003 00:57

Awards:
Quote (BGrugby @ 16th October 2003 03:13)

Edward so he can die

Lol, Now I'm tempted to try that out.
Post #20383
Posted: 17th November 2003 03:51

Dragoon

Awards:
Cecil Kain Rydia Rosa Edge just as the game set it to be

* i just wish they all had technigues that could rival cecils plain attack with ragnarok though

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #21412
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: