CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Anyone know anywhere I can get a bio of Garland?

Posted: 2nd June 2008 21:16

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I haven't been able to find one and there may not even be one. I'm writing a fanfic for Garland's life and I just don't wanna conflict with Squenix if they already have something written. Anyone know if one exists or is his history pretty much blank?
Post #167738
Posted: 2nd June 2008 21:33

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
It's pretty much blank. All there is was in the game, or maybe in something only released in Japan but as far as I know you've got a blank slate to work on with regards to his past.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #167739
Posted: 2nd June 2008 23:55

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Okay, sweet, because I've got some new ideas, when I get some stuff written, I'll post it here and hopefully it'll be good enough to be added smile.gif
Post #167744
Posted: 3rd June 2008 14:53

Crusader

Awards:
The only reference to Garland was that he was a noble knight of the kingdom (the best, in fact) until some event shortly prior to the events of FF1.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #167775
Posted: 3rd June 2008 15:57

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
From Wikipedia:

Chaos and Garland

Chaos as he appears in Final Fantasy OriginsChaos (カオス, Kaosu?) is the final boss in the first Final Fantasy game. He is a relatively large, winged demonic figure. His other form, Garland, is also a common recurring character. Chaos first exists as Garland, an evil knight who kidnaps the princess of Cornelia. His plot is foiled by the Warriors of Light, who supposedly kill him while rescuing the princess. Garland is resurrected by the power of the four Orbs, siphoned by the Four Elemental Fiends and is sent 2,000 years back in time, turning him into Chaos. From the past, they are sent into the present by Garland to cause mass destruction and will eventually be responsible for his resurrection. This pact creates a time-loop and allows Garland to live forever. The Warriors of Light return to the Chaos Shrine ruins to travel two thousand years into the past, where they meet a Garland who remembers them, and seeks revenge, having defeated them in previous/alternate time-lines. After the Warriors of Light somehow defeat Chaos, they return to their own time with the Garland of a new reality waiting for them .

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #167781
Posted: 4th June 2008 01:47

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Yeah, the Wiki was the first thing I looked at, didn't give a whole lot, which is good. I have some ideas that I think might make for a neat story that not having a backstory to conflict with will make easier to use
Post #167803
Posted: 4th June 2008 14:15

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
For the purposes of a fanfic, I'd say he's pretty wide open as a character to interpret however you want. There are very few solid things we know about him. We know he was a knight of Corneria, and probably the best of the guard corps, or someone would have got a posse together and taken him down before the light warriors showed up. We know he probably had ideas of social injustice, as evidenced by kidnapping the monarch's daughter to obtain his goals. We know he's evil, not just misguided. Other than that, speculate away! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #167825
Posted: 4th June 2008 20:35

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Yeah I've got my outline and general plotline. It's only gonna be 10 chapters, and probably reasonably short chapters at that, but I hope it works out as well as it sounds in my head.
Post #167840
Posted: 29th July 2008 01:33

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
The only thing we know about Garland is that he was once a noble knight that was deceived by his lurst for power and the very powers of the crystals revived him and he used four fiends to extract the energy from the crystals for his own turning him into a chaotic monster, Chaos.
Post #170846
Posted: 29th July 2008 11:06

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Trust me, there is a lot more that messes Garland up beyond repair, I'm still working on it, but I think it'll be interesting when I finish
Post #170910
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: