CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Keeping Characters Unique

Posted: 21st May 2020 14:50

Returner

(tl,dr: paragraph four)

Hello, Caves of Narshe! I finally created a user the other day because I'm using your awesome service so much. I'm PersonaFinance61524, but please don't think I'm defecting to Atlus. (It's a long story.)

So, without spending this entire post explaining my backstory, I'll just say that I started with the same game this website started with: Final Fantasy 6. Because you have so many different games explained, however, I ended up trying the other games in the series. You can tell Red XIII left an impression on me!

The Materia system, on the other hand, left me feeling icky. Like the Esper system, it offers plenty of customization, but to the point where the characters have no interesting differences besides equipment and Limit Breaks. (The moment that really scarred me, though, was when a bunch of theives stole my favorite gear right before Dyne. I haven't played since.)

So, my question of the day is: How do I keep the characters running in different directions so that switching up a party becomes interesting? I'm about ready to restart my run, so the first person who can help me with interesting Materia archetypes gets to (politely) name one of the characters in this run!

(The first person who can tell me how to stop bandits from ruining my perfect item runs can also name a character.)

--------------------
Play I for the cheesiness.
Play IV for the protagonist.
Play V for the job system.
Play VII for the heartache.
Play VIII for the cards. (Sorry.)
Play IX for the graphics.
Play Tactics for the strategy.
Play Chrono Trigger for the endings.

And play VI for the magnum opus.
Post #216139
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: