CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite Character

Posted: 12th June 2007 01:16

Eli MVP?

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I never got very far(i was almost to edge) But my favorite Character was Edward!
He was actually quite good, and if it wasn't for him, how would they ever be able to get past the magnetic field. It was than Rydia, Cecil, Yang, and Rosa. Tellah could've been good if he gained more mp.

p.s. anyone who hated edward needs to have respect to the harp.
Post #151298
Posted: 12th June 2007 02:01

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Cecil hands down my favorite...I loved his ability to deal with his friends turning on him, and dealing with his own brother.

--------------------
This is my story...

I will never be a memory
Post #151299
Posted: 12th June 2007 03:04

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
In FF2e, hands down Rydia and Edge. Seriously. Each and every pixel in their sprites was injected with a hefty dose of "teh awesomes" during their design. My one gripe with Edge was his skills, which had a proportionately inverse dose of "teh sux" pumped into them. Even if you got Sneak working there weren't any worthwhile items to steal. And his only Ninja skills worth using was Image - the rest, Rydia can outdamage without breaking a sweat. But Image more than made up for that.

In FF4a, Edward ended up being a massive pillar of strength in my party. In 2e he was an absurdedly useless character. But once he starts hitting straight 9999s every turn on the moon, the other characters pale in comparaison. He ended up being my first character to hit level 99, because the rest were just too wimpy. I mean, 4500 damage? Wtf is this, the mist cave?

Runner up: Cid. High damage, highest HP in the game (hitting 9999 a while before hitting level 99,) and in FF4a casting Flare during physical attacks just made him an ungodly damage-dealing machine. But he never sucked as bad as Edward did, so the contrast between his FF2e and FF4a versions isn't as impressive as Edward's.

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #151301
Posted: 12th June 2007 17:45

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
in every final fantasy, i have this bad habbit of using characters who i think have cooler backgrounds and dialogue and stuff like that, instead of characters who are best for my party. so i usually end up with one black mage and the rest power hitters. which hurts the strategy part a little, but oh well.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #151313
Posted: 12th June 2007 19:44

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Kain the Dragoon, was and is, my favorite character from FFIV. Even if his character is seriously lacking in development, he's still just too cool to pass up.
Post #151317
Posted: 24th June 2007 19:57

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Cecil as a Dark Knight. No Doubt about that. Strong, poweful and useful in every situation. With the Death Sword you can Kill anybody in a so simply way...

--------------------
#1 Italian in The Caves of Narshe :D
Mercenary Dark Knight

Knight: Great, here comes a crowd! Gafgarion! Kill them!! And do it now!!
Gafgarion: Don’t know what’s going on, but it’s in the contract!
Post #151932
Posted: 24th June 2007 22:54

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I liked Kain the best. Mostly because he's cool.

--------------------
eh?
Post #151936
Posted: 25th June 2007 01:23

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Kain the Dragoon, was and is, my favorite character from FFIV. Even if his character is seriously lacking in development, he's still just too cool to pass up.

maybe its just me, but i felt like the characters of FFIV were undeveloped compared to most other games in the series.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #151941
Posted: 29th June 2007 02:27

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Death Penalty @ 24th June 2007 21:23)

maybe its just me, but i felt like the characters of FFIV were undeveloped compared to most other games in the series.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that. They just needed a few warm-up games before they started producing the good ones.

--------------------
Why, hello guys! Haven't been around here in a loooong time!
http://dragcave.net/user/LadyTwi
http://www.backloggery.com/ladytwi
Post #152186
Posted: 18th July 2007 06:04

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Kain and Edward are my faves, and then there's Rydia. I liked her kid sprite better. Then Edge, DK Cecil, FuSoYa, Tellah and Yang.

This post has been edited by doomgazeblossom on 18th July 2007 06:06

--------------------
"Death to Mystic Enemies" ~ Heckran

"Say yer prayers Lynx! Not that they'll do you any good." ~ Schala "Kid" Zeal

"Hold yer Seahorses"
Post #153322
Posted: 18th July 2007 10:50

Returner

Awards:
Edge and Rydia, Edge because he is a leet ninja and Rydia becuse Blk Mages are awesome as Summoners tongue.gif

--------------------
Black Mage: A master of destructive magic
White Mage:A master of healing magic
Red Mage: Jack of all trades, masters of none
Blue Mage: Master of enemy skills
Fighter: What the hell is he doing on the list!
Post #153349
Posted: 18th July 2007 11:25

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
My favorite character is Edge.
Post #153353
Posted: 25th August 2007 05:19

Onion Knight

Awards:
I liked Cecil, the fact he gets a cape and that you now get to see his face is just a plus =)
But I've always liked Kain....thought he was pretty kool.

I'm not that fond of rosa though...
Post #156274
Posted: 25th August 2007 05:34

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Palom, the Mysidian Genius!

Seriously, he was great. Black Wizards = Win. Child Prodigies = Win. His overwhelmingly deserved arrogance = loltastic.

It was either him or Cid. Because what's almost better than a 5 year old Black Wizard with a bunch of kick-ass powers? An angry Old Man who lives recklessly, builds Airships, and smashes enemies with tools.
Edit

Edit: Rydia brings up third place.

This post has been edited by MogMaster on 25th August 2007 05:34

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #156275
Posted: 25th August 2007 05:52

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
>_> Cecil. Never have the ellipsis been used for so great a cause.

Also, gotta admire a man whose response to the death of his years-long father figure being "...so did anyone catch where he just told us to take the airship?"

--------------------
"You're so beautiful! ...You're a man...?!"
-man in Troia bar, to Cecil
Post #156276
Posted: 26th August 2007 00:33

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Death Penalty @ 24th June 2007 21:23)

Yeah, but even after VI was released, gamers were still talking about the characters in IV. They were...er, rather developed for their time, and until VI, and maybe V, IV had the best characters in the series.

I had lifeless, mute guys with 4 letter names, II had generic teenagers and a bunch of guys who died for no reason, III had a leader who occasionly spoke, with three other mute guys tagging along. So...yeah.

--------------------
FFIVDS looks awesome, right? Especially the character scans. I mean, look at that CGI scan of Yang. You see it and you just think...badass. And then you look at his polka-dot pants, likely stolen from a Dr. Seuss book. And then you just...shiver.
Post #156303
Posted: 4th September 2007 00:32

Returner

Quote (yomama @ 12th June 2007 01:16)
I never got very far(i was almost to edge) But my favorite Character was Edward!
He was actually quite good, and if it wasn't for him, how would they ever be able to get past the magnetic field. It was than Rydia, Cecil, Yang, and Rosa. Tellah could've been good if he gained more mp.

p.s. anyone who hated edward needs to have respect to the harp.

IMO Edward sucks untill you go to the bahumut cave with him in the tower of prayers and u confuse the sages till shes level 60. He stills uskcs them but hes kinda good when u get him the best harp. But yang is still better smile.gif
Post #156722
Posted: 4th September 2007 01:27

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
I Dont really like Edge Anymore. After i played FFIVa, my favorite character's now Cecil.
Post #156725
Posted: 4th September 2007 02:15

Returner

Quote (BanjoTheClown @ 4th September 2007 01:27)
I Dont really like Edge Anymore. After i played FFIVa, my favorite character's now Cecil.

Same here because he owns once u get excalibur
Post #156727
Posted: 8th September 2007 06:26

Returner

Awards:
Kain Highwind is my Favourite, but (Hold the phone )
Cecil can whack a punch with those deadly weapons of his though and he's one of the best Final Fantasy heroes and a great role model too. like you should forgive others and Revenge is wrong plus he's a better leader than the other FF heroes.My Favourite would be Cecil if I didn't relate to Kain so much,as in the jealous best friend, who everyone else gets everything, and you get crap all..
so Kain Highwind all the way !!
Post #156909
Posted: 10th September 2007 01:00
Returner

Awards:
I liked Golbeze's his music, ominous, evil.. his prescents just the same. Plus his evilness was the goal through most of the game so he maintained evil in the majority. Plus he looked pretty cool compared to most (if not all) playable and non-playable characters.

--------------------
NOT a Final Fantasy VI fan.. omg NOOO
Post #156958
Posted: 10th September 2007 01:36

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:

Yeah, once i got the excalibur The only person i really used was Cecil. Oh and Rydia.
Post #156961
Posted: 10th September 2007 01:55
Returner

Awards:
Quote (BanjoTheClown @ 10th September 2007 01:36)

Yeah, once i got the excalibur The only person i really used was Cecil. Oh and Rydia.

Ever try Edge while Beserk? Seemingly he becomes equally as useful as a regular Cecil.. in many situations.. give it a whirl.

--------------------
NOT a Final Fantasy VI fan.. omg NOOO
Post #156965
Posted: 16th October 2007 07:41

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Most Favorite = Cecil (Paladin)

Least Hated = Kain

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions Avatar

The Brave Knight
Name: Eirikir Lashius (Ramza)
Role: Knight
AA1: Arts of War
AA2: Guts
R: Counter
S: Concentration
M: Move +3
W: Durandal
O: Reverie Shield
H: Grand Helm
B: Grand Armor
A: Brigand's Gloves
Post #158568
Posted: 25th October 2007 18:09

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Rydia is my favorite all around. I like the callers/summoners/black mages tongue.gif

I like Rosa because she's save me for death in quite a few battles.

But I do have a place in my heart for Kain. He's so confused.

This post has been edited by wingedlionheart on 25th October 2007 18:12

--------------------
Thank you Link, but our Triforce is in another castle.
Post #158928
Posted: 26th October 2007 12:24

Returner

Awards:
End game it's Kain.

Cecil was badass as a Dark Knight tho.

This post has been edited by Makoeyes21 on 26th October 2007 12:26
Post #158945
Posted: 7th November 2007 09:34

Onion Knight

Awards:
Well, of all the characters, the only ones I never really cared for were Tellah and Edward (this is, of course, from a personality perspective rather than gameplay). I didn't care for FuSoYa much either, but that's semi-understandable considering he makes an appearance late in the game.

Back when I first played, I loved the three mains, being Cecil, Rosa, and Kain. I had a problem for liking the pretty princess types, so naturally Rosa was my favourite. Now I love Kain and Rydia. Kain most of all, for his utter coolness and what today we'd call emo-factor (but back then was totally acceptable!)

Gameplay-wise I just loved Kain and Rydia. Kain's jumps let him deliver a powerful attack, and kept him from danger for the time he was in the air. FYI: If you're fast enough in the battle with Golbez in the underworld, Kain will jump and avoid being paralyzed, so you can utilize Cecil, Kain and Rydia at the beginning of the battle =D
Rydia couldn't hit worth crap, but her magic totally made up for it. Just make sure you level her to at least 10 before going into the caves above Kaipo ^_~
Post #159318
Posted: 15th November 2007 02:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
I sorta like Rydia because she knows how to make Edge shut up xD, and then Cecil when he was a D.Knight

--------------------
"Damnation" -Kain
"Damnation" -Edge
"You spoony bard!" -Tellah
"aftah wee blo dis plase up, it aint gonna be nuthin buta hunka junk" -Barret (i give you credit for restating the obvious)
"Looks like golden shiny wire of hope to me." -Barret
"Sit your ass down in that chair and drink some goddamn tea" -Cid
"SHEEEERA!" -Cid
Post #159652
Posted: 15th November 2007 04:21

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Have I posted in this thread? ... Hmm, apparently not. Well, character-wise, I'm a pretty big fan of Kain - he's on the emo side, but his complicated friendship with Cecil makes him a lot more interesting than other high-profile self-hating RPG characters. It's also a pretty enormous WTF moment when he storms Fabul castle while you're defending it, and he's a physical powerhouse in the second half of the game.

A close second is Rydia. We see her as a scared child, then as a stronger, more mature child, then as a grown woman, then as a grown woman that shuts Edge down multiple times. Awesome to the extreme. I really like FF IV's core cast, but Rydia and Kain are my favorites.

--------------------
Post #159656
Posted: 25th November 2007 10:22

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
I pretty much like all of them. They are all awesome in their own way. My biggest favorite though is probably Tellah.. I hate the fact that (spoiler)
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
he doesn't get any spotlight at all after his death.. The only time he is seen is when battling Zeromus.. And then he barely said anything.. But still, his death was so.. epic.

This post has been edited by Gigantuar on 7th December 2007 19:13
Post #159879
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: