CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
AmaCoN - CoN/Amazon Partnership

Posted: 21st November 2006 16:51

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
New stuff ahoy - if you want people to get you gift certificates, or you need some for people on your Christmas list, you can help CoN there too. Again, UK site is lagging behind, but I'll add a link to them too if they also participate.

Amazon US Gift Certificates

Amazon Canada Gift Certificates

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #136077
Posted: 14th December 2006 17:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 21st November 2006 11:51)
New stuff ahoy - if you want people to get you gift certificates, or you need some for people on your Christmas list, you can help CoN there too. Again, UK site is lagging behind, but I'll add a link to them too if they also participate.

Amazon US Gift Certificates

Amazon Canada Gift Certificates

And now the UK is! Perfect for last minute gifts.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #138380
Posted: 14th December 2006 23:55

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
No results returned for "cid" in Final Fantasy Toys.

well I wanted to get something to decorate my desk with. The only thing I'm interested in would involve Cid Highwind, But sadly I didn't find anything.

even in regular Amazon all that would come up is a key chain that looks cheap.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #138417
Posted: 31st December 2006 06:35

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
So basically you are selling FF related stuff on Amazon to make money for CoN?
Post #139727
Posted: 31st December 2006 13:55

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Actually, we can sell everything on Amazon. We feature FF-related stuff, but you can actually get anything at all.

--------------------

Post #139751
Posted: 31st December 2006 19:37

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
So Amazon is sorta like eBay?
Post #139769
Posted: 31st December 2006 21:06

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Amazon is a store with set prices where you can also buy second-hand. Ebay is a place where you bid on items.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #139780
Posted: 1st January 2007 02:06

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
eBay can have set prices also.
Post #139802
Posted: 1st January 2007 12:15

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
True. It's mostly for auctioning items, but you can use their buy it now feature.

Anyway, if you want to buy a book, CD, DVD, or something like that, doing it through the CoN Amazon store allows the CoN to make some money and pay for hosting and domain fees, without it costing the buyer any extra.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #139848
Posted: 3rd January 2007 10:13

Black Waltz

Awards:
I can't find FFVIA on there, is it not in stock?.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #139982
Posted: 3rd January 2007 11:35

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
They don't have it available to sell yet. Doesn't come out for at least a month and that's if it hasn't been pushed back.

Here's a link that should work in the future, though. FF6a (US)

--------------------

Post #139984
Posted: 3rd January 2007 21:26

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Do you need a PayPal account or something like that to order off of Amazon?
Post #140017
Posted: 4th January 2007 12:18

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (eloc_jcg @ 3rd January 2007 16:26)
Do you need a PayPal account or something like that to order off of Amazon?

I actually wasn't sure, so I did the same thing that you could have done: checked the amazon site, to which there are about a dozen links in this thread. Apparently they don't take PayPal, but they take credit cards, direct debit from a bank account, or check/money order.

--------------------

Post #140067
Posted: 14th January 2007 07:04

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I'm confused here. How do I get the non-FF stuff (that's not listed as an FF item) and still have it go to CoN? When I do a search, it says I must pick a category to search under, and then it only allows me to search the items on the list I could just scroll through. The only other option I see is going to the regular amazon store, with no indication of my shopping going toward CoN.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #141056
Posted: 14th January 2007 07:22
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 14th January 2007 02:04)
I'm confused here. How do I get the non-FF stuff (that's not listed as an FF item) and still have it go to CoN? When I do a search, it says I must pick a category to search under, and then it only allows me to search the items on the list I could just scroll through. The only other option I see is going to the regular amazon store, with no indication of my shopping going toward CoN.

As long as you use the link under the search box to get to Amazon, your purchase should count as coming from the CoN.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #141057
Posted: 17th January 2007 19:41

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Oh, okay. I see the "cavesofnarshe" in the link to Amazon now.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #141436
Posted: 17th January 2007 21:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I will eventually set up a more user-friendly way to do all of this, DP. I just got up what was there for the holiday rush. I'm waiting for Amazon to improve the services further.

--------------------

Post #141451
Posted: 18th October 2007 13:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
In case you missed it in my news post last week, AmaCoN is now fully operational for pretty much the entire globe. For more information, check out the AmaCoN homepage.

--------------------

Post #158661
Posted: 6th January 2008 20:58

Black Mage

Awards:
thumbup.gif
Post #161233
Posted: 13th August 2008 12:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Two things to discuss with you all with regards to AmaCoN today, nice and quick.

Textbooks: as much as you might hate to admit it, University folk, summer's nearly over. You'll have to buy your textbooks soon for the fall semester, and what better place to do it than AmaCoN? All you need is the ISBN or book title and edition, and you can find it on AmaCoN. They have new books, and they have used books, and from my personal experience (my wife buys as many of her books for her Masters' as possible via AmaCoN) the prices on both are better than you can find at your school's bookstore.
Textbook Store (US)
Textbook Store (UK)
Textbook Store (CA)

Amazon Green: with a name like "Amazon" you'd have to assume that they have some level of eco-consciousness, and now they're driving that point home with the new Amazon Green, a section of the site dedicated to environmentally-friendly products that you might not have seen. Even if you don't buy from Amazon, this part of the site can really help educate you to what you might want to consider buying offline or on.
Amazon Green (US)

--------------------

Post #171483
Posted: 5th January 2009 16:24

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Just a reminder: if you need textbooks for the upcoming semester, you can very often get them just as cheap from AmaCoN as you can from your university bookstore, regardless of whether you buy your books new or used. See the links in my post above to get started.

--------------------

Post #174506
Posted: 28th July 2009 20:49

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I just found out the other day that not only does AmaCoN (at least on the US) offer Microsoft Points with instant codes (meaning you can get the redemption code emailed to you instead of having it mailed), CoN gets an enhanced fee on those items!

Long story short, if you need to get MS points (and probably Wii points and other similar items, though I haven't had time to look), don't go to a store. Get them from AmaCoN and you'll have them faster and get us a lot more money!

--------------------

Post #179915
Posted: 28th July 2009 22:09

Black Mage

Awards:
Eh, just a suggestion - Possible to make an EU AmaCon, not UK only, it sucks to have the prices in Pounds while nearly every other country inside of the EU pays with the Euro.
Post #179916
Posted: 28th July 2009 22:27

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Bas @ 28th July 2009 18:09)
Eh, just a suggestion - Possible to make an EU AmaCon, not UK only, it sucks to have the prices in Pounds while nearly every other country inside of the EU pays with the Euro.

Yes, I am well aware of how the EU uses the Euro and not the pound. When AmaCoN was designed and built, the United Kingdom was the only option available for all of Europe. Germany just recently became an option; however, I am aware of under ten active members who are from Germany or Poland and would benefit from having this option available, so generating this content is not high on my priority list at this time. Of course, if you're planning to spend hundreds of Euro, we might be able to work out a deal faster.

--------------------

Post #179918
Posted: 28th July 2009 23:01

Black Mage

Awards:
^^ Nah - I don't necessary mean that you should set up amacon for each specific country - But is there a way to order things in the EU from a Amazon site showing up the prices in Euro? I am not even sure if this is possible, or how high the delivery charges are - Maybe they are quit low cuase of the EU, dunno....>.>
Post #179922
Posted: 1st December 2009 20:51

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Well, I'm hitting post six thousand now, and I figure, what better way to do it than in promoting AmaCoN? It's all that people expect from me, right?

So, with the holidays in mind, I know that you guys probably either want to get, want to give, or know someone who wants to use Amazon. I know a lot of the time you don't want to be like "omg go to CoN first, random internet guy pays for this site I like using Amazon!" either. So, I put together these four easy links for you. If anyone clicks these links, they go straight to the Amazon homepage, but anything they buy while they're there goes to CoN. Simple as that.

US: http://bit.ly/7BCOl4
UK: http://bit.ly/5fkF4w
CA: http://bit.ly/6J409x
DE: http://bit.ly/6Y6R4K

And wouldn't you know it, now there are four countries there. We have Germany as well now - not sure I'll ever set up a more robust store for Germany, as I doubt traffic warrants it, but you can now buy anything from amazon.de and give CoN credit, too.

--------------------

Post #182609
Posted: 17th December 2009 16:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Thanks to everyone who has either been using AmaCoN or sharing links so far this holiday season. This will be the first month in a while where I won't have to pay for CoN out of my own pocket. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #182869
Posted: 17th December 2009 19:53

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Was the last month exactly one year ago?

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #182870
Posted: 18th December 2009 17:33

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 17th December 2009 09:47)
Thanks to everyone who has either been using AmaCoN or sharing links so far this holiday season. This will be the first month in a while where I won't have to pay for CoN out of my own pocket. smile.gif

Well, congrats on that, Rangers51, and thanks for paying out of pocket all these years.
Post #182879
Posted: 19th December 2009 03:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (sweetdude @ 17th December 2009 14:53)
Was the last month exactly one year ago?

Could be! I'm not allowed to look at the detailed reports this month in case someone bought me something from my wishlist. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #182884
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: