CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Lightning Returns Ending (All Spoilers Forever)

Posted: 29th September 2016 00:50

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
After way, way too long I finally have now managed to finish the entire FF13 series - and that might be the most insane ending I've ever seen in a Final Fantasy game. First, I'll say that it is absolutely gorgeously rendered, so even if you have no interest in the game it's not unworthy of watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlV1Qq7SylM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7yBfzdCgDo

But, yeah, let's bang through some of the nutty random stuff that happens as this game wraps up:

• Lightning stabs God in the head to find the soul of her friend inside.
  • Said friend sees his dead parents in a revelation, and they beckon to him, but he does not go to them and they are never seen again.
  • Serah and Lightning coexist within each other and Lumina fills the gaps.
  • Lumina merges with Lightning because Lumina is "all of the missing things Lightning cut from her own soul"
  • The Serah we see is in no way real, just a husk created by God.
  • The entire playable cast from the series shows up with their Eidolons and they have a battle with God in space.
  • An ACTUAL Serah shows up.
  • God apparently goes Cie'th.
  • The Yeuls and Caius jointly become the Gods of Death, but one Yeul gets spun back off to the land of the living to stay with Noel.
  • Magic appears to vanish, FF6-style.
  • The team flies away over what looks a LOT like the Mediterranean Sea and then disperses.
  • Oh, and yeah. Lightning gets off a train in France, ostensibly to find where Serah (and Snow?) ended up. So the whole of Fabula Nova Crystallis ends up being an origin story for Earth, if not our entire universe. No big.

Did I miss anything here? This whole thing is just giddy in its insanity, and it's absolutely perfect for FF13. One of my favorite FF endings, for absolute sure.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 29th September 2016 00:51

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211541
Posted: 29th September 2016 01:04

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
All God wanted was a planet where nobody is sad but nooooo you needed your dumb sister and her idiot boyfriend to be able to live in France.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #211542
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: