CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Special Fanfic Information!

Posted: 1st August 2002 13:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
If you're submitting a fanfic here, we really appreciate it. We need more!

However, if you are submitting a serialized fanfic and seriously wish for it to be published on the CoN, we ask that you do the following:

1. Estimate how many chapters will be involved. A rough guess is okay.
2. Kindly be able to produce more than one chapter within a week of your first post.

The reason for this is not to abuse our writers, but instead to make sure that the fics we put onto the actual site have a good chance of being completed. You'll see now that some of the serialized fanfics on the CoN have been stagnant for over a year - this doesn't help the fans, and it doesn't help the writer. I hope you understand. '^_^'

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #420
Posted: 1st August 2002 16:42

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Is a fic besides FF allowed?

--------------------
Nine-hundred ninety-nine billion nine-hundered ninety-nine million nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand nine-hundred ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall...
Post #427
Posted: 1st August 2002 16:50

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Please read my pinned topic on the usage of this forum for the answer.
Post #430
Posted: 1st August 2002 19:30

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Eeeh...looks like I'll never get "A Nightmare Reborn" on CoN, considering that on my current writing schedule (wink, wink), I couldn't even get one chapter per month,  to say nothing of a chapter per week!

Is it all right just to finish the fic, then give all 20-plus chapters (my personal estimate for ANRB) to you as a whole?

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #438
Posted: 1st August 2002 19:38

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 1 Aug. 2002, 08:07)
2. Kindly be able to produce more than one chapter within a week of your first post.

'>_>'

Well for this "big" chunk fanfic, wouldn't it be nice to have mutiple people working together? (especially me, I get lots of grammar errors).

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #443
Posted: 1st August 2002 20:05

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Bismark87 @ 1 Aug. 2002, 14:38)
Well for this "big" chunk fanfic, wouldn't it be nice to have mutiple people working together? (especially me, I get lots of grammar errors).

I don't understand. What fanfic are you talking about?

And SM, that is just fine. We still accept submissions via email. '^_^'

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #452
Posted: 4th August 2002 04:17
Black Mage

Awards:
A quick question:

I posted a piece of FFVI fan-fiction, a completed short story, on the other 'Creations' forum.  If I want to submit it for publication on the CoN site, should I re-post it here, or what?  I don't want to take up any more space than I have to.  

Thanks.

--------------------
Always hopeful, yet discontent; he knows changes aren't permanent --
But change is!
Post #610
Posted: 3rd February 2003 21:02

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
can you post a fanfic abotu any FF game at all? cos if so, i can think of a way to combine them all...i think.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #8144
Posted: 19th March 2003 19:18

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
im planning one- i think the stuff i have made up so far is in 'your creations' in the thread 'ff6 fanfic plan' or somehting to that extent, started by me.

(not sure if this counts as a double post- as theres over amonth between the two.)

--------------------
-George Santayana

Post #9754
Posted: 19th March 2003 20:37

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
If you think something might count as a double post, it's best to edit your last post rather then post again. However in this case, I don't think it would have showed the thread again in new posts and no one would have seen it, should you have said anything important.

Fics for any ff games should go in my Creations. If you want to submit the site, you do it in this forum, certainly, and at the moment we accept fics from FFIV, FFV and FFVI. Though it's a good idea to have the fic finished first, or near done; then you can post it a chapter at a time, or the whole thing in one go if it's not too long.

Anyway, though we do appreciate that you're trying to contribute to the site, it's always better to post saying you have the fic or part of it ready, then to post saying you'll do one, so save the posting in here for when you've got something to show us, please ^-^

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #9757
Posted: 20th March 2003 21:09

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
ok.. thanks for clearing that all up!

--------------------
-George Santayana

Post #9784
Posted: 10th February 2004 03:31

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
OK, I have one question about FanFics. I'm pretty sure Chrono Trigger can be covered in General Topics. So, my question is: Can I submit a Chrono Trigger FanFic?
Post #28784
Posted: 10th February 2004 11:51

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
As stated in the other pinned topic Using This Forum, we only accept submissions for games covered on the site. This is presently limited to FF4, FF5, FF6 and FFT.

You can post Chrono Trigger fanfiction in Your Creations, and if we ever add a Chrono Trigger section to the site, you may then request that we consider it as a submission. smile.gif
Post #28822
Posted: 10th February 2004 18:45

Returner

Awards:
Thanks, Tiddles. Well, I'm going to do a Chrono Trigger FanFic but I plan on doing a FF Tactics one first. It's been pointed out that no one has submitted one for FF Tactics, so I thought I'd be the first.
Post #28845
Posted: 5th March 2004 14:18

Returner

Awards:
I have a question too. Am I allowed to submit an FF tactics Advanced? I'm not sure that'll count as a site submission, but the story's pretty good and I could add a lot to it.

--------------------
koasssssscpm;zdurbygudoybzxhrjgtxykegrxyuereuergueygrziyrgeixyexygrixyegrxiyrgeicrgnrsgizegndyznvizy
nvgeiruyrgvnzeignviezsuyvnyeisnyvesizygesnveiyznvuiyvneyzveizvnivnirnayviyg-that is how people on my planet speak. Yes I know I'm crazy. Please send all hate mail and threatening letters to [email protected]
Post #31423
Posted: 5th March 2004 14:21

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
You can post it in Your Creations, but as the site doesn't have an FFTA section, it won't be posted on the site.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #31424
Posted: 8th March 2004 21:26

Returner

Awards:
Alright. But don't expect anything real soon. I'm not planning on releasing anything until I have about10 chapters done, and then I'll only release one a week. Ain't I evil? pirate.gif

--------------------
koasssssscpm;zdurbygudoybzxhrjgtxykegrxyuereuergueygrziyrgeixyexygrixyegrxiyrgeicrgnrsgizegndyznvizy
nvgeiruyrgvnzeignviezsuyvnyeisnyvesizygesnveiyznvuiyvneyzveizvnivnirnayviyg-that is how people on my planet speak. Yes I know I'm crazy. Please send all hate mail and threatening letters to [email protected]
Post #31739
Posted: 15th November 2004 01:09

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Just as a side note, that "within a week" isn't written in stone. If it takes 8 days to get another chapter up due to circumstances beyond your control, that's fine. We just prefer that you have most to all of the work done before you start posting.

However, if you want to post something, and then don't even have the next chapter started, it's best to not post yet.

Moderator Edit
Just to elaborate on this post, the reason for this is NOT to make your writing life harder. But since this is the site submissions forum, we want fanfics that we can actually add to the site - and we can't add unfinished fics. So if they're posted here, we expect the author to actually finish the fic so we can add it. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 15th November 2004 02:30

--------------------
Post #65627
Posted: 29th November 2004 03:27

Onion Knight

Awards:
Yeah but it would take them a while to do that because they have to think about the story then note it and type it.

Moderator Edit
Yes, we can all see that you are against thinking about something before you type it and post it for all to see. However, most people with brain functionality above the stem are not like that. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 29th November 2004 12:09

--------------------
when did it start? when did the cogs of fate start to turn?
Post #66300
Posted: 26th February 2005 17:46

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
These are the categories we are now accepting fanfiction in: FF1, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7 and FFT. If you have previously submitted a fic in Your Creations from one of these sections that you want to be considered for site submission, you're now welcome to repost the fanfic in site submissions.

--------------------
Post #74428
Posted: 26th February 2005 18:42

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I'd repost Zapped! but I sent you a PM about it a long time ago and it never got hosted. sad.gif I just thought it was denied...

This post has been edited by Zephir on 26th February 2005 18:43

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #74438
Posted: 22nd March 2006 14:16

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Are we allowed to post stories that are also published on a different website? It's because i've written one on Fanfiction.net and I'm wondering if it can also appear here.

it may be up to 85 chapters, well over 100k words (currently -+50k words, 28 chapters). i write so frequently that it's nearly 1 chp per day smile.gif

--------------------
--CounterStriker as much as FF (x)-er--

Reis owns all! Possibly more deadly than Orlandu at lvl 99.

Yes, I got social skills of a rock. And I'm proud of it. Damn straight, I don't really trust people, even though I'm human myself. Even I don't trust myself sometimes. Gah! this is getting nowhere.
Post #111608
Posted: 22nd March 2006 14:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
We do allow fics that appear on other sites, most certainly. We will not publish until it's done, though, and we may not have the resources to publish something that long on a timeframe that is acceptable to you. It would be hard to say.

You might note that we're a bit more rigorous than fanfiction.net in our editorial process, too. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #111611
Posted: 22nd March 2006 15:25

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
All right then, I'll try to get it done ASAP. Fanfiction.net doesn't even edit it, by the way. They just let anybody post and it appears within say, two minutes if you refresh the browser. That's why some stories on that site are...well, let's just say, dodgy.

--------------------
--CounterStriker as much as FF (x)-er--

Reis owns all! Possibly more deadly than Orlandu at lvl 99.

Yes, I got social skills of a rock. And I'm proud of it. Damn straight, I don't really trust people, even though I'm human myself. Even I don't trust myself sometimes. Gah! this is getting nowhere.
Post #111613
Posted: 22nd March 2006 16:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (life-giving-river @ 22nd March 2006 10:25)
All right then, I'll try to get it done ASAP. Fanfiction.net doesn't even edit it, by the way. They just let anybody post and it appears within say, two minutes if you refresh the browser. That's why some stories on that site are...well, let's just say, dodgy.

Exactly my point. I will not allow my team to waste their time with fics that are rife with spelling and formatting issues. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #111618
Posted: 14th May 2006 13:10

Returner

are we aloud to make a fanaction that has new charecters aswell as characters form difrent FF games?

--------------------
Stealing just isn't worth it until you learn plunder...
Post #116491
Posted: 14th May 2006 13:54

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Quote (blade_edge @ 14th May 2006 10:10)
are we aloud to make a fanaction that has new charecters aswell as characters form difrent FF games?

You can add new characters to games in fanfiction.

As for crossovers, we've never had one. But, for example, if you did an ff4 and ff6 crossover, I think we'd put it in each section. Someone on staff will be by to answer officially soon.

--------------------
Post #116496
Posted: 14th May 2006 16:12

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd March 2006 06:47)
We do allow fics that appear on other sites, most certainly. We will not publish until it's done, though, and we may not have the resources to publish something that long on a timeframe that is acceptable to you. It would be hard to say.

Curious. I might be reading this wrong, but does this statement suggest that once a submittal is complete, the CoN team reserves the privilege to continue editing a finished fanfic before placing it on the main site?

--------------------
Visions of Peace - Four Generals, One Empire, and the Returners caught in the middle.
Post #116507
Posted: 14th May 2006 16:57

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Elessar @ 14th May 2006 12:12)
Curious. I might be reading this wrong, but does this statement suggest that once a submittal is complete, the CoN team reserves the privilege to continue editing a finished fanfic before placing it on the main site?

Were you quoting the right thing? All I was saying there was that it takes us longer to submit things because we code them up in a way that will still allow the pages to be HTML valid and work within our system. We do not edit any fics without the author's consent - really, given the lack of time we really have to do these sorts of things we're more likely just to turn down fics that need editing.

Edit
OK, I see, the later part of my post is what you were getting at. By "editorial process," I mean more of the approval process. We don't put garbage up here, if you don't care enough to run spellcheck or have a working knowledge of grammar or narrative structure we don't really need the fic. Elitist, yes, but we'd rather have things that people enjoy reading - quality over quantity

Quote (blade_edge)

Did you read any of the fics that are on the site? I'd say most of them, if not all of them, introduce at least one new character. If you are talking about crossovers, we would allow those too (and would probably file them on the site by way of which "world" the story uses). We just don't have any yet because most of the ones I've personally seen tend to be laughably bad. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 14th May 2006 17:00

--------------------

Post #116512
Posted: 19th May 2006 12:25

Returner

ok that i understand now but I have one more question...since kingdom harts is part FF game can we use stuff from there

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't mean to keep asking these stupid questions Im just realy slow with stuff like this blush.gif

--------------------
Stealing just isn't worth it until you learn plunder...
Post #116922
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: