CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
My Life Before The Meteor: FFV

Posted: 17th September 2013 17:39

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
My Life Before The Meteor
By Raiden314

I was very tired but I couldn’t sleep. Neither could Boko, We both knew our target was close and on top of that, the dumbest man in Ivalice knew to never sleep in the forest no matter how packed you are. Goblins and Bandersnatches love roasted chocobo flesh wrapped with saucy human skin.
My name is Bartz and I am one of the bounty hunters of Ivalice, I hunted monsters, humans, elves, you name it, all for a days worth of gil. Boko and I have been doing this hunting business ever since my mother had died, That was 4 years ago... I was only 14 then.
For two and a half weeks Boko and I have been on the trail of this rare Bandersnatch which only comes out at night and stays up for only a few hours before going back to its den. “Kwewwh.”, Boko squeaked into my ear. That was one of our many signals telling me that Boko had smelt the Bandersnatch. I had pulled out a wooden bow and arrow and anchored the arrow. Father had taught me how to use a bow and arrow before he left. I saw the Bandersnatch’s forepaw not but twenty feet in front of me. I could breathe for if the beast heard me I could be ripped to shreds. I lost my balance while I was crouching and foot had snapped a twig.
“Snap!”
The Bandersnatch had stopped feeding and put its very furry ears up. It had heard me. It then started to smell the fog of the forest and had a good taste of me and a grown, yellow, chocobo. It was like we all switched places. I am the hunted and he’s the hunter. I signaled Boko to leave quickly and quietly. He did as I told him too like the good chocobo he is. I had, by the time he left, stood up straight and made myself as slender and possible. The beast was prowling. Lucky Bandersnatches are blind, but doesn’t mean they aren’t a threat. I saw his head come around the tree and i did a size comparison. Him standing on all four legs came up to my mid-ribs. I’m 6‘1‘’ so if it decided to stand on two legs it would be about me and a half. Not a very good comparison. I’ve dealt with a Garula which is as big as these 20-foot trees but since they are herbivores they aren’t a big problem but i was dealing with a born killer. He kept sniffing and he knew i was still in the area. It lifted itself up a bit and put its fore claws into the tree and kept sniffing. I wanted to run, I want to breathe. But if i were to do so then the hunter would have its prey. And that’s not very good for business. His head came all around the tree and smelt my neck, the breath of the beast was hot and smelt like death.
I had enough and shot the arrow into its hind left foot and ran as fast as I could. I put away the bow and pulled out my sword. As I looked back I saw the Bandersnatch break the arrow and come after me. i knew i had to come up with a plan and fast. Since the Bandersnatch is built like a tank i can already tell that it won’t be able to make sharp turns as good as I do, so i had a speed advantage. I ran around the tree and was behind it. i took a dagger that was hidden in the bracer on my wrist and had jumped to plunge the dagger into the beast’s shoulder. It was a success. “Arrrrrggggghhhhh!”, it cried. And started swiping at the knife to take it out. I wanted the Bandersnatch to stay crippled so I then ran onto the beast’s back, purposely stepping on my dagger to plunge it in deeper, and jumped in front of the Bandersnatch. It cried once more and then had got furious. Ignoring the pain in its shoulder it had swiped at me with full force. I kicked off the tree thus flipping over to the beast’s side in time for it to annihilate the bottom of the yew tree. That’s when I saw my opening and I took my sword and had sliced the head off the Bandersnatch. The body stood for about 7 seconds before collapsing and causing a splash of blue blood onto the forest floor.

--------------------
So Zetta Slow!
Post #204486
Posted: 17th September 2013 19:50

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
This is the first chapter of my FFV fan fiction of Bartz's life before the meteor fell. I thought this would be good since the game never tells you what he was.

--------------------
So Zetta Slow!
Post #204488
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: