CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Fanart Submission in This Forum Has Ended

Posted: 25th July 2008 02:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Now that we have a fully site-based submissions system for fanart, (available at http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/fanart/submit.php ), we will no longer be taking fanart submissions at this forum. Please use the new form, as if you post here we will simply ask you to do so anyway.

You're going to want to anyway, of course, because things are a lot nicer now. Here's a brief list of features:
  • Information about you, such as your website and user name, are taken from your forum profile.
  • You can now submit more formats of art, from PNG to BMP and even PSD.
  • You don't have to manually make thumbnails any more, you can tell us what you want them to look like and we'll make them for you.
  • We can watermark your images now, as you submit, to help you protect your work.
  • You can pick Creative Commons licenses for your work as desired.
  • You can go back and edit information about your art any time, even after it's on the site, without having to ask us to help.
  • Commenting and rating on other folks' fanart can happen right on the page where you're viewing the art itself. No need to do it in the forums!
  • And, in my humble opinion, the big one: You can now submit for any game in the Square-Enix canon. If you want to submit for a game that's not in our current list, you can put it in manually and we'll set it up for you.

This project (sadly) has been in the works for over a year and a half now; it's probably the single largest code project that we've done since the first launch of CoN5/Persona, or perhaps the FF7 section, both many years ago. With that in mind, we really hope you like and use it; if you have any questions, feel free to post them right here.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #170699
Posted: 25th July 2008 15:29
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
What'cha gon' do with this place?

--------------------
Post #170717
Posted: 25th July 2008 15:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Narratorway @ 25th July 2008 11:29)
What'cha gon' do with this place?

It's obviously still open for all sorts of writing submission. People who wish to comment on art will do it on the main site.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #170718
Posted: 27th July 2008 22:26

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Ok, question. Obviously a lot of fanart has been posted here over the years. In the very recent past, new topic were used to tell members when new art had been posted. How will we know when someone has added new art so we can go check it out? Will there be any notice or something?

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #170815
Posted: 28th July 2008 13:03

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Death Penalty @ 27th July 2008 18:26)
Ok, question. Obviously a lot of fanart has been posted here over the years. In the very recent past, new topic were used to tell members when new art had been posted. How will we know when someone has added new art so we can go check it out? Will there be any notice or something?

That was something I meant to address before I launched it, and frankly I just forgot (because I had other reasons for launching it when I did). Now that I'm thinking about it again, though, I'm going to have to give it more thought.

There won't be topics about when groups of fanart gets approved any more, because there's no need for them. Fanart is now approved as it comes in, because it's much easier to do. But we'll figure something out.

--------------------

Post #170833
Posted: 28th July 2008 22:52

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Ok... maybe some subscription or email setup. Just because I really enjoy checking out other people's work, and obviously going to search for new stuff all the time would be quite a waste of time.

--------------------

Post #170843
Posted: 29th July 2008 10:18

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
The front page does now show stuff in order of submission, for what it's worth - so until we do have a feed/mail/whatever, it's only the one page to check.

(Although for things submitted before the changeover, the order won't be right, because we didn't retain submission dates before that.)
Post #170909
Posted: 31st July 2008 15:58

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Death Penalty @ 28th July 2008 18:52)
Ok... maybe some subscription or email setup. Just because I really enjoy checking out other people's work, and obviously going to search for new stuff all the time would be quite a waste of time.

Well, while I don't agree that clicking one link from the main site really, truly qualifies as a big waste of time, here is what we have set up now.

The first time you go to the new fanart section, the time at which you went will be recorded. The next time you go, any art that has been approved since your first visit will be flagged with a bright, shiny star.

Additionally, soon I should be able to make it possible to show you on the site homepage if any new fanart has been submitted since you were last at the fanart page. This isn't quite ready yet but should be no great hardship; if you don't come to the site via the homepage anyway, you should really start, because at least in my experience I can find what I'm looking for at the forums much more quickly using the homepage than going straight in to the forums.

Other than that, I don't think we're going to offer up a whole lot more; the way that fanart used to be done really was not good in terms of process, and just because it showed up in the forums doesn't necessarily mean that was the best way to do it, you know? If you have other suggestions, though, we're willing to listen.

--------------------

Post #170981
Posted: 15th August 2008 14:49

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
The work on the CoN homepage to which I previously alluded should now be complete. If there has been new fanart submitted since you last went to the fanart section, you will now be notified of the fact on the CoN homepage itself, right below where we tell you how many new posts and PMs wait for you at the forums. I think this should prove to be a great help.

--------------------

Post #171557
Posted: 1st April 2009 17:45

Group Icon

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I am conscious. Tell Stockbreak I am cold. He keeps me so cold.
Post #176479
Posted: 6th April 2009 00:18

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
See More (Total 16)
Well, while I don't agree that clicking one link from the main site really, truly qualifies as a big waste of time, here is what we have set up now.

I just realized how cold my comment was... unintended, I swear. I was just trying to say that it would be much more convenient with some system of alerts.

--------------------

Post #176734
Posted: 8th May 2009 14:51

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
We've decided to try something else for a while, now, to help people who only come to the forums continue to participate with fanart commentary. All comments are now stored in a public forum, in which you can see links to all the new fanart as it's added; you can then comment using the forum reply functions, or you can click through to the fanart and still comment directly on that fanart's page.

We hope this will help in spurring more fanart comments and ratings, which the artists so deserve as thanks for their time.

--------------------

Post #177263
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: