CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
My Home Sweet Home - Guitar Arrangement

Posted: 5th February 2017 07:53

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
My Home Sweet Home on Soundcloud

Dedicated to my departed mother, may she rest in peace.

~ Spoons

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212129
Posted: 5th February 2017 23:29

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
sad.gif

I had to listen to that twice.
Nice arrangement. Steel string? How did you record it with that sweet reverby sound? That helped it sound it very faithful, (yet not identical) to the original.

Great stuff.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #212131
Posted: 6th February 2017 06:11

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 5th February 2017 18:29)
sad.gif

I had to listen to that twice.
Nice arrangement. Steel string? How did you record it with that sweet reverby sound? That helped it sound it very faithful, (yet not identical) to the original.

Great stuff.

It was a very early project in my digital recording career, begun in 2012 I think. I first used a computer to record a song in 2010, but then immediately relocated to a place that did not have said computer, and it was until late 2011-early 2012 before I got a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) running again, and started learning how to use one.

This probably would have been the first FF music I worked on, as requested by someone at another forum that I once frequented? I used Cubase's Reverb A plugin in post-production I think, for the echoeyness. Yes, it's a steel string acoustic, it was an Epiphone. I think I microphone'd it very close, since the pickup (the thing you plug the guitar cord into) was utter shit, and kept shorting out in the middle of takes.

Thank you Blinge, my music is the reason I exist, if not the direct cause of it most of the time. smile.gif

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212134
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: