CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
AmaCoN - CoN/Amazon Partnership

Posted: 13th November 2006 12:28

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Now you can buy the entirety of amazon.com at any time and support CoN while you do it. Unfortunately, for now the system is a little bit clunky because Amazon is really restrictive about how you access their data; however, you can find the new store here:

CoN Amazon Store

If what you're looking for simply doesn't exist within our categories, you can click the "Go to Amazon.com" link to be directed straight to the full Amazon site, where any purchase from any category will earn a little bit for CoN's bill collectors.

This is not only for CoN members - give the links to your parents as they are shopping for Christmas, or give it to your friends when they're looking to pick up some new books or a power drill. The more the merrier.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th October 2007 13:47

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #135187
Posted: 13th November 2006 14:02

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 13th November 2006 12:28)
The more the merrier, unless you shop amazon.co.uk: our store doesn't work for the UK site yet. smile.gif

I think I speak for all of us in the UK when I say d'oh.

But no matter, it's an intresting array of options it throws up for the future with a wide variety of things available to buy related to Final Fantasy and lets you buy from the rest of the amazon inventory as well as a bonus, so perhaps I'll hold off on buying books and graphic novels from Play or amazon.co.uk for a while...

Plus we can repay all the bandwidth we have sucked from the site with our straw latched to a hole in the series of tubes.

Sadly, I can't buy half a curly wurly on any Amazon store.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #135194
Posted: 13th November 2006 14:09

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
The site won't come up for me, Josh. I get a "page cannot be displayed"?

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #135195
Posted: 13th November 2006 14:28

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Hamedo @ 13th November 2006 09:09)
The site won't come up for me, Josh. I get a "page cannot be displayed"?

Got me, it works perfectly on all my PCs. Hopefully Amazon will soon understand that their offerings, while full of great products, are a bit shaky in terms of development.

I will be trying to get a UK version up asap.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #135200
Posted: 13th November 2006 14:44

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
We'll be looking forward to it R51.

Let me be the first to say, WOOHOO! I need some of these thing to fill my gaps. Especially the guides. *collects them*

Is FFIII even out over there?

*is jealous that everyone gets things before the UK*

--------------------
The frosty one.
Post #135201
Posted: 13th November 2006 15:29

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Which reminds me, what about amazon.ca?

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #135203
Posted: 13th November 2006 15:40

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Wait, I lied. UK won't actually be up until I get an email from Amazon. Same with Canada.

Sorry!

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 13th November 2006 15:42

--------------------

Post #135204
Posted: 13th November 2006 15:49

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Aww...

Well, I still look forward to it!

Will the prices be roughly the same?

--------------------
The frosty one.
Post #135206
Posted: 13th November 2006 16:18

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Snowman @ 13th November 2006 10:49)
Aww...

Well, I still look forward to it!

Will the prices be roughly the same?

The prices to you will be identical to what you would pay normally through Amazon. You pay nothing extra to buy via CoN, but CoN gets a small cut. The only downside is that you can get only what co.uk stocks.

And thanks to those who ordered the Master Creatures already, I actually hope to order one myself pretty soon!

--------------------

Post #135208
Posted: 13th November 2006 16:28

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
FWIW, amazon.com will ship much of their stock to the UK. You may have to pay import tax, but the last time I checked, items such as a single DVD wouldn't incur any, though games might, being more expensive.
Post #135209
Posted: 13th November 2006 18:03
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I sent the link to my mom and my mother-in-law, both of whom will probably do at least some Christmas shopping on Amazon. I explained it to them, but I can't guarentee that they'll actually remember to use it.

I do, however, promise that I will use it soon. We're expecting another Amazon rewards certificate, and I have a little bit of Christmas shopping to do in addition to that.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #135214
Posted: 13th November 2006 18:35

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
AWS is getting a heavy influx of developers these days, but with the Christmas coming on, I'm guessing you won't see much change for a little while longer.

Anyhow, congratulations on this. Since I buy the majority of my books through my parent company, it looks like I'll be funding this site as well. That's what I call a bonus.

This post has been edited by Elessar on 13th November 2006 18:35

--------------------
Visions of Peace - Four Generals, One Empire, and the Returners caught in the middle.
Post #135221
Posted: 13th November 2006 18:35
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. 
can we get half of what you make back as a discount if we do this. i mean think about it youre still getting something for nothing.

--------------------
moetsuki
moetsuki
motoranai yakusoku no basho
jouzu ni habataku watashi wo mitsumete
Post #135222
Posted: 13th November 2006 18:40

Awards:
Quote (chou @ 13th November 2006 14:35)
can we get half of what you make back as a discount if we do this. i mean think about it youre still getting something for nothing.

That would be against the TOS and would cause CoN's store and account to be shut down, and perhaps legally persued.

--------------------
Visions of Peace - Four Generals, One Empire, and the Returners caught in the middle.
Post #135224
Posted: 13th November 2006 19:40

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Elessar @ 13th November 2006 13:35)
AWS is getting a heavy influx of developers these days, but with the Christmas coming on, I'm guessing you won't see much change for a little while longer.

Anyhow, congratulations on this. Since I buy the majority of my books through my parent company, it looks like I'll be funding this site as well. That's what I call a bonus.

Any chance you could tell the AWS folks to be less restrictive in implementing our own solutions? I'd like to have total flexibility to use Amazon XML feeds and convert them into a truly live page that lives directly on CoN, showing only a search box and the specific items I want to show. However, the restrictions on this make this impossible - I can only query the server once a second to get info. I understand why, but man, I don't like it. smile.gif

Thanks for the effort, hope you buy lots!

And shut up, chou.

--------------------

Post #135251
Posted: 13th November 2006 19:41

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I hope amazon hurry up and email you r51 ill get my mum to buy my christmas presents though it and final fantasy 12 when its out! thumbup.gif
Post #135252
Posted: 14th November 2006 18:09

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I may have to buy something from there. Not for the holidays-I'm the only gamer in my family. I do love being selfish.

--------------------
Squenix games completed:

FFIII
FFIV
FFVI
FFVII
FFIX
FFX
FF Tactics: Advance 2
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest 8
Dragon Quest 11
Super Mario RPG
Post #135364
Posted: 14th November 2006 18:26

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Quad @ 14th November 2006 13:09)
I may have to buy something from there. Not for the holidays-I'm the only gamer in my family. I do love being selfish.

You can buy anything from there, not just Final Fantasy stuff. I believe I say so right in the first post, in fact.

Canada is done, I was waiting to post the link until the UK was ready too, but I've been waiting for confirmation from amazon.co.uk since yesterday morning.

--------------------

Post #135366
Posted: 14th November 2006 18:53

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Can you still use the same services that you have with your amazon account?

I mean, my family uses amazon a lot to get stuff, so we pay a large fixed fee (and by we I mean not me) for shipping, it makes everything we get that year free 2-day shipping. It actually saves us a lot over time. So would I still be able to get 2-day shipping for free? If yes, then I see no reason why to buy my amazon stuff through CoN.

--------------------
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting... fighting was the only thing I was ever good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in." - Frank Yeager (a.k.a. Grey Fox)
Post #135371
Posted: 14th November 2006 19:09

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (FallingHeart @ 14th November 2006 13:53)
Can you still use the same services that you have with your amazon account?

I mean, my family uses amazon a lot to get stuff, so we pay a large fixed fee (and by we I mean not me) for shipping, it makes everything we get that year free 2-day shipping. It actually saves us a lot over time. So would I still be able to get 2-day shipping for free? If yes, then I see no reason why to buy my amazon stuff through CoN.

I believe that is the case, yes. It will use your already-existing Amazon Prime account. The only difference at all is that you would start your search using CoN tools - once you do that everything else will track as if it's CoN as long as you don't lose your cart cookie.

--------------------

Post #135382
Posted: 14th November 2006 20:09

Black Waltz

Awards:
ooooo, me likes. i'm definately gonna be getting FFXII, and when i do, it'll probably be from CoNzon.(yes, that is the new name. you will use it. you will love it)

i'll most likely be getting a strategy guide for XII(i have one for every other FF i own, why stop now?), as well as FFV Advance.

as for the Master Creatures firgurines, did anyone notice that they misspelled Kefka as "Cefca"?

This post has been edited by Malevolence on 14th November 2006 20:10

--------------------
moé in the streets, senpai in the sheets
Post #135400
Posted: 14th November 2006 21:14

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
I've seen it romanised as "Cefca" before (translated soundtrack names perhaps?)

Surely, though, the store name works better as AmaCoN?
Post #135412
Posted: 14th November 2006 21:24

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
1) It certainly does sound better.

2) You changed your avatar Josh!

3) You may have to wait a while for .co.uk, as we brits can be a wee bit lazy.

--------------------
The frosty one.
Post #135415
Posted: 15th November 2006 11:54

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
AmaCoN for your shopping needs indeed.

So, I just found out that Amazon pretty much changed their aStore program to do more or less what I want. So now I will need to redo the product listing for the stores in general, all three of them. smile.gif Given that I put myself way behind at work by fiddling with my new avatar yesterday, I'm not sure how soon I can get that to happen, but I'll work on it!

And the UK still has yet to approve the store.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 15th November 2006 11:55

--------------------

Post #135472
Posted: 15th November 2006 14:39

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
I've made a purchase, the Master Creatures, Cefca, and FFXII Guide, just cause I'm a completionist. I've already finished XII, now I wanna know what I missed.

AmaCoN, FTW!!

(P.S. Can I get a Taeguk Uppercut shirt?)

--------------------
This is a webcomic and gaming blog where I rant about nonsense. Enjoy.

I was a soldier, now I just play one in video games.
Post #135476
Posted: 15th November 2006 17:08

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
"It's the best thing since sliced bread."

AmaCoN: The best thing since... That thing smile.gif. Seriously, this rocks. All my purchases are now through AmaCoN! (So, FFVA, FFVIA, FFIII & the Strategy Guide)

Although... that English site would be nice.
Post #135493
Posted: 15th November 2006 17:59

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
United Kingdom has finally come through.

CoN Amazon Store UK
"Go to Amazon.co.uk"

CoN Amazon Store Canucka
"Go to Amazon.ca"

--------------------

Post #135496
Posted: 15th November 2006 18:20

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
yay! thumbup.gif
Post #135503
Posted: 16th November 2006 01:58

Onion Knight

I like Amazon.Com because it is named after a Jungle.

--------------------
who needs pornography when you can just read about it instead?
Post #135579
Posted: 18th November 2006 20:15

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
It's official Josh.

I LOVE YOU MAN!

*waits for FFXII*

--------------------
The frosty one.
Post #135826
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: