Who won?
Magus [ 17 ]  [50.00%]
Frog [ 17 ]  [50.00%]
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 22nd January 2005 22:02

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
In the Magus VS Frog Ending of CT, after its all said and done, you see a caped figure that i think could either be Magus OR Frog sitting on the top of the castle.
Who do you think won? It just bugged the crap out of me.
user posted image

Edit- Added image

This post has been edited by MogMaster on 22nd January 2005 22:57

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #70558
Posted: 22nd January 2005 22:36

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Frog, of course. Was there ever any doubt?!?

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #70565
Posted: 22nd January 2005 23:18

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I'm with Hamedo. The shadow looks a bit more "round" than Magus.
Post #70566
Posted: 22nd January 2005 23:37

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Realistically, Magus. He was a lot stronger.

Stylistically...Magus. He was also a lot cooler.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #70570
Posted: 23rd January 2005 01:45

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Image- It looks like the man's wering a cape in the picture, so it could be either one, but if you look REALLY closely, it looks a bit more like Frog.

Opinion- I bet you that Frog won. Magus and frog were both my favorite characters in CT, and are also some of my favorite characters in any game. And anyway, Frog can ribbit. BEAT THAT MAGUS!

This post has been edited by FallingHeart on 23rd January 2005 02:35

--------------------
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting... fighting was the only thing I was ever good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in." - Frank Yeager (a.k.a. Grey Fox)
Post #70582
Posted: 23rd January 2005 03:24

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I think its magus

it kind of looks like him.
besides, he is of course better than frog

--------------------
The black wind howls again...
Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...
- Magus
Post #70587
Posted: 23rd January 2005 03:57

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
For all the people that say they went Frog, the poll is sort of onesided.

I voted frog. I like to think that he would beat Magus, what with the better cause and all. Cyrus's death to avenge and all that. This is my favortite ending btw. It also seems like frog since the theme of the ending was really frog ripping through magus' castle like a demon from hell.

Edit
Edit- Frog >>> Magus thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by MogMaster on 23rd January 2005 03:58

--------------------
Don't you be tarot-fied,
~Frank Zappa

Post #70588
Posted: 23rd January 2005 04:26

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I say that it's Frog. The shadow is too fat to be Magus...

--------------------
Music is a mysterious thing... Sometimes, it makes people remember things that they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember them or not...

- Shitan, Xenogears
Post #70591
Posted: 23rd January 2005 06:35

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Well I alway" thought it was Magus. he musi" was all foreboding and more Ma6us-like if I remember c*rrectly. Frog looked determined through it, and after it faded to black and all, it just seemed like it was all in vain. Magus still wi*s. When they show that *n top of the tower, all the elexents se med to point toward Magas for me. Though I guess under further inspection, with the big round h ad you can make an arguyent for Frog. Frog was my favorite char cter btw.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #70603
Posted: 23rd January 2005 08:27

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
I'd go "ith Frog. The shadow atop the tower is purposely put there to perplex the players, so I'd j4st as soon pretend I di n't see it and say Frog any&ay.
(br>The Masamune lowers agus' power, so I don't see why he would lose really...

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #70607
Posted: 24th January 2005 05:14

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I voted Frog cause if you look closely at his head it looks somewhat shaped like a frogs head.

--------------------
Money is no good unspent.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
Post #70681
Posted: 24th January 2005 05:16

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Zeil @ 24th January 2005 00:14)
I voted Frog cause if you look closely at his head it looks somewhat shaped like a frogs head.

Maybe it's just Magus's hair? Keep in mind it's all in shadow. Just wanted to throw that out there.

This post has been edited by Tidu-who on 24th January 2005 05:17

--------------------

Post #70682
Posted: 24th January 2005 05:30

Cactuar

Awards:
No no not the back of his head if you look at the front it looks like frogs nose.

But you do make a good point
That it's all in shadow
so ya who really know I mean other then Square-Enix

This post has been edited by Zeil on 24th January 2005 05:32

--------------------
Money is no good unspent.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
Post #70686
Posted: 24th January 2005 06:26

Group Icon
Wild 'n Wooly Shambler

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
I always hated that: The way I see it, the silhouette has a cape too long to be Frog and not enough hair (evidently since I don't remember any blowing in the wind there) to be Magus. I like Frog a zillion times more than Magus, and they'd both be able to beat the brains outta each other, but when it comes down to it, I say Magus won simply because I figure he'd know the whereabouts of the attic and thus be able to access the roof more so than Frog.

Of course, my logic there is stupid, so I'll go with my old theory: It's a weather vane. It was being installed while you're (or just Frog's) in the castle and you conveniently never see it besides in this ending. Frog and Magus, however, fought each other for a while until they realized they were too evenly matched. So instead they resolved their differences in a nonviolent and civilized manner, drank a whole buncha rum, and then ran out into the forest wearing their underwear on their heads.

Oh, um...err...I null vote.

--------------------
Words of Wisdom:

If something can go wrong, it will.

If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- Murphy’s Law

Boing! Zoom! - Mr. Saturn
Post #70696
Posted: 27th January 2005 04:05

Lunarian

Awards:
They did that on purpose of course. The key is the final sound effect. It's a sword slash.

Frog for teh WIN!!!

This post has been edited by The Ancient on 27th January 2005 04:05

--------------------
"That Light has bestowed upon me the greatest black magic!"
Post #70937
Posted: 27th January 2005 09:30

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. 
A-HEM. Note that at the beginning of the game it says that Magus was defeated 400 years ago, even without the interference of time travelers. Some may argue that it was due to summoning Lavos, but then the people would wonder about Magus' mysterious disappearance instead. But they say Magus was DEFEATED. It would probably be a hero who did it...get where I'm going yet?

--------------------
My soul is bound to the Mistress of the Afterlife, and my fealty is to her always. So let's just hope she doesn't use it as one of her ten daily meals.
Post #70962
Posted: 28th January 2005 00:37

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (The Celestial @ 27th January 2005 04:30)
A-HEM.  Note that at the beginning of the game it says that Magus was defeated 400 years ago, even without the interference of time travelers.  Some may argue that it was due to summoning Lavos, but then the people would wonder about Magus' mysterious disappearance instead.  But they say Magus was DEFEATED.  It would probably be a hero who did it...get where I'm going yet?

Unfortunately that works on the assumption that the ending is not an alternate ending and is therefore somehow tied to game proper, which is clearly untrue. Magus' historical defeat is logically an expression of his disappearance following the summoning of Lavos, where he is transported to Zeal. Seeing as your interference in that time period does not change the outcome as some actions do, it is safe to assume that your intervention is treated as historical from the beginning; or else Magus continued with his plan in the timeline before you interfered and was transported in the first place, leading to the downfall of his armies and the "defeat" of his interests in that time period - which really only included revenge against Lavos in the first place.

Also, Magus is still a lot cooler than Frog.

I'd also like to add that the outcome of the ending is purely a matter of speculation. Any attempts at finding definitive evidence as to its "true meaning" is pretty much pointless, as the whole point of the alternate ending is to give it an element of mystery. Much as I'd love some closure (preferably resulting in Magus' victory), there really isn't much. If you want to see Frog fight Magus that badly, take him to the North Cape after the fall of Zeal. Of course, you'd be missing out on recruiting one of the best all-around characters in the game.

This post has been edited by Super Moogle on 28th January 2005 00:46

--------------------
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

~ Bruce Lee
Post #71033
Posted: 28th January 2005 19:19

Lunarian

Awards:
Quote (Super Moogle @ 27th January 2005 19:37)
If you want to see Frog fight Magus that badly, take him to the North Cape after the fall of Zeal. Of course, you'd be missing out on recruiting one of the best all-around characters in the game.

If you don't do it you'll be missing out on the chance to whoop up on some snotty wizard arse.

All you magus fans are in denial anyway, the evidence clearly points to Frog as the victor. I haven't heard any arguments from the Magus camp besides "Magus is cooler."

--------------------
Post #71110
Posted: 29th January 2005 03:22

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
that castle was rather big... Frog is small... call me crazy but it looks like Magus to me. (though I like them both equally laugh.gif )

This post has been edited by Generic Fighter #382 on 29th January 2005 03:23

--------------------
Club Sandwiches. Not Seals.
Post #71163
Posted: 29th January 2005 03:33

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Magus.

[Glenn] had the Masamune... UNTRANSFORMED YET. *

Magus was a match for Lavos and Zeal.

Magus was about to confront Lavos and avenge himself (and probably Schala, too).

Follow my logic?

Next to Lavos, Magus was more or less the most powerful being in the world at the time. That's just that.

This's all without entering my own personal opinion into it. I like Magus, I like Glenn, but in the end, I think Magus had the muscle to beat him handily, Masamune or no.

I can't remember where exactly in the game I got the ending, but if I'm remembering right, I didn't have it transformed yet.  My memory could be playing tricks on me, though...

This post has been edited by Zephir on 29th January 2005 03:40

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #71164
Posted: 29th January 2005 03:52

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Quote (Zephir @ 28th January 2005 22:33)
Magus.

[Glenn] had the Masamune... UNTRANSFORMED YET. *

Magus was a match for Lavos and Zeal.

Magus was about to confront Lavos and avenge himself (and probably Schala, too).

Follow my logic?

Next to Lavos, Magus was more or less the most powerful being in the world at the time. That's just that.

This's all without entering my own personal opinion into it. I like Magus, I like Glenn, but in the end, I think Magus had the muscle to beat him handily, Masamune or no.

I can't remember where exactly in the game I got the ending, but if I'm remembering right, I didn't have it transformed yet.  My memory could be playing tricks on me, though...

As I recall magus got the shit kicked out of him by lavos and Zeal.
I also remember the masamune draining magic from Magus.

If you want to get technical at that point in the game Magus was really weak too.

--------------------
Don't you be tarot-fied,
~Frank Zappa

Post #71168
Posted: 29th January 2005 21:18

Kung Foogle

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (The Ancient @ 28th January 2005 14:19)
All you magus fans are in denial anyway, the evidence clearly points to Frog as the victor. I haven't heard any arguments from the Magus camp besides "Magus is cooler."

That's because there is no argument. The point of the ending is to leave it up in the air, open for speculation and personal interpretation. To say that there is some sort of presupposed "evidence" that leads to a definitive conclusion would undermine the entire purpose of the sequence itself. This isn't so much a discussion of empirical facts as it is a conflict of opinion, something that you seem to misunderstand.

--------------------
~Dorothy L. Sayers

~T.S. Eliot

~ Bruce Lee
Post #71216
Posted: 30th January 2005 05:34

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. 
MM - I believe Magus was at his absolute strongest fighting Lavos in the Ocean Palace. After all, as the prophet he had the mystical resources of the entire Kingdom of Zeal to draw upon, including the Mammon Machine. But he still got whooped. During the whooping, Lavos drained his energy, resulting in the loss of a bunch of magic power, some of which he regains as the journey continues. Unless you kill him in battle #2, of course, and you'll notice that he doesn't use his Shadow spells in that battle if you do.

I think the power scale goes something like this:

Weak | Janus ============== North Cape ====== Magus' Castle = end of game ========== Ocean Palace | Strong

As for the Masamune, the sword of dreams, I think it was empowered more by Frog's mental state of righteous vengeance than by any special relationship with Magus. This doesn't mean he can't use it against Magus to good effect, it just means that it responds to its wielder instead of its target. If, say, Full Power Magus wielded it against Lavos, I doubt Big Spiky would have shrugged off the attack so easily.

--------------------
My soul is bound to the Mistress of the Afterlife, and my fealty is to her always. So let's just hope she doesn't use it as one of her ten daily meals.
Post #71258
Posted: 30th January 2005 07:36

Dragoon

Awards:
See More (Total 10)
Quote (The Celestial @ 30th January 2005 00:34)
As for the Masamune, the sword of dreams, I think it was empowered more by Frog's mental state of righteous vengeance than by any special relationship with Magus. This doesn't mean he can't use it against Magus to good effect, it just means that it responds to its wielder instead of its target. If, say, Full Power Magus wielded it against Lavos, I doubt Big Spiky would have shrugged off the attack so easily.

I specifically remember the story entailing that it did indeed have a special relationship with Magus that worked against him and his magic. The people in the towns paraded around the kid who found the medal because only the Masamune had the power to defeat Magus, without it there was no point. That was my understanding anyways.

--------------------

Post #71263
Posted: 30th January 2005 07:57

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
It looks more like Frog(Glenn)to me,he looks to short and pudgy to be Magus,besides Square Soft would probably make Magus(if he won)look cool by letting his cape or hair flow out or something,then teleport quickly,but then again it's just an opinion,heck it might be Magus after all.

--------------------
"...But we will succeed. We pride ourselves in making the impossible possible."
Post #71266
Posted: 31st January 2005 12:41

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Well, I popped in my Chrono Trigger cartridge just for this thread... Ok, so maybe not, but I did just so happen to be playing through a place very close to the old Frog Magus showdown ending. So I decided to investigate. If you listen while the credits are rolling you'll hear various fight sounds, belonging to either Magus or Frog. Seems to me that I hear a LOT more attacks commin' from Magus. Not to mention the last thing you hear is Magus beginning to cast a spell.

I realize that's not necessarilly the end of the battle, but still, after such a strong sounding start, how COULDN'T Magus win? happy.gif

--------------------
Club Sandwiches. Not Seals.
Post #71360
Posted: 31st January 2005 20:33

Lunarian

Awards:
Quote (Super Moogle @ 29th January 2005 16:18)
That's because there is no argument. The point of the ending is to leave it up in the air, open for speculation and personal interpretation. To say that there is some sort of presupposed "evidence" that leads to a definitive conclusion would undermine the entire purpose of the sequence itself. This isn't so much a discussion of empirical facts as it is a conflict of opinion, something that you seem to misunderstand.

We agree that there is some room for speculation on the ending...that much I'll give you. But I have presented two pieces of evidence that point to Frog being the victor: The shape of the figure on the roof, and the final sound effect: a swordslash. I'll grant you that the first is perhaps an opinion, but the latter is a fact.

The Magus camp seems to provide argument that Magus should win because "he is stronger/cooler". There is no evidence to support this that isn't opinion, and I have evidence to the contrary that Magus is stronger: I've taken him down with Frog on the cape during a normal playthrough with no Empowered Masumune.

It's possible to create a mystery that does in fact have a solution. Just because it's not blatently obvious does not mean an intended conclusion does not exist.

--------------------
Post #71389
Posted: 1st February 2005 01:35

Kung Foogle

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (The Ancient @ 31st January 2005 15:33)
Quote (Super Moogle @ 29th January 2005 16:18)
That's because there is no argument.  The point of the ending is to leave it up in the air, open for speculation and personal interpretation.  To say that there is some sort of presupposed "evidence" that leads to a definitive conclusion would undermine the entire purpose of the sequence itself.  This isn't so much a discussion of empirical facts as it is a conflict of opinion, something that you seem to misunderstand.

We agree that there is some room for speculation on the ending...that much I'll give you. But I have presented two pieces of evidence that point to Frog being the victor: The shape of the figure on the roof, and the final sound effect: a swordslash. I'll grant you that the first is perhaps an opinion, but the latter is a fact.

The Magus camp seems to provide argument that Magus should win because "he is stronger/cooler". There is no evidence to support this that isn't opinion, and I have evidence to the contrary that Magus is stronger: I've taken him down with Frog on the cape during a normal playthrough with no Empowered Masumune.

It's possible to create a mystery that does in fact have a solution. Just because it's not blatently obvious does not mean an intended conclusion does not exist.

The idea that you can in fact solve this presupposed "mystery" presents itself as either an insult to the intelligence of the people who possess contradicting opinions concerning the nuances of the ending or a pretentious act of self-promotion. As I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll chalk it up as an unintentional error in judgment and move on.

The "evidence" that Frog is somehow more powerful than Magus in terms of the story simply because you can beat the wizard with just Frog on the North Cape is hardly conclusive or even valid. It is theoretically possible for any character to kill any boss alone, simply because Chrono Trigger is in fact a video game in which a player can level a character up to fantastical proportions. For example, in terms of the story, Lavos is a nigh-omnipotent being bent of the destruction of the world, whose designs the party must circumvent. Just because the game's plot presents Lavos as extremely powerful doesn't mean I can't kill him very, very easily if I've leveled up enough. There is a clear difference between what the game's story presents as powerful and what actually is "powerful" in terms of gameplay; once you've gotten your characters up to level 99, there's really not much that can stand up to you regardless of how much of a threat any enemy is supposed to pose. Likewise the game presents Magus as a very powerful sorceror, regardless of how powerful he actually is in regards to how you leveled your characters. Since the ending is in fact an ending and an alternative extension of the main plot, it is safe to assume that the levels of strength and skill for either character are measured by story feasibility. On the most generous of levels you could say that Frog with the Masamune is equal in power to Magus, which would again support neither hypothetical consequence.

The sword slash in and of itself proves nothing. Though I have my doubts as to the precision of your claim, even if the effect is identical to the sound of Frog's sword it could hardly be construed as evidence towards his victory. In the realm of uncertainty regarding the topic there could be a myriad of questions raised concerning the attack; perhaps Frog simply attacked first, or there was a clash of weapons, or something else altogether. Going by the same train of logic that you seem to favor, even if the "sword slash" denoted a successful attack, its in-game effects could hardly have defeated Magus (or any other boss of his caliber) in one hit, due to damage cap restrictions and the like. Seeing as this mode of thinking is flawed and irrelevant, however, it is safe to say that the truth of the sound's significance is as vague and speculative as the outcome of the battle.

Perhaps you put it best when you said that it is "possible to create a mystery that does in fact have a solution." This is precisely what you have done, for you seem to believe that there is in fact some great, irrefutable truth lying beneath the facade of a simple in-game scene that you must strive to unveil. Unfortunately, this mystery, and likewise all of your evidence towards its solution, is a myth. You have indeed "created" this attractive concept, seeking definitive answers to questions that do not exist.

This post has been edited by Super Moogle on 1st February 2005 01:41

--------------------
~Dorothy L. Sayers

~T.S. Eliot

~ Bruce Lee
Post #71427
Posted: 1st February 2005 01:42

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Just like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction, you are never meant to know what lies beyond....

'Some things are never cut and dry in life...Use your own interpratation and make it your belief'

Brummaire XXCI

This post has been edited by Dirk Diggler on 1st February 2005 01:42

--------------------
Chrono Triggers rock super-group:

Ozzie - lead singer from Black Sabbath
Flea - Bassist from Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Slash - Guitarist from Guns 'n' Roses

He drinks and smokes his cares away
His heart is in the lonely way
Living in the ruins
Of a castle built on sand...

Tell The King - The Libertines
Post #71428
Posted: 3rd February 2005 00:56

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Magus. I have several reasons for this other than just that Magus is cooler. Which he is.

1. In the year 1000 we hear nothing about the hero who defeated Magus, simply that he was defeated. Now, don't you think that the hero (Glenn) would also be a legend? Besides, the Mystics in 1000 mentioned that Magus summoned Lavos, which would therefore mean that Frog didn't kill him in time. And nobody can possible deny that Lavos would have destroyed Magus.

2. You can't realy draw much from the picture, because after killing Magus, the curse would have been broken and Glenn would be back to normal, right?

3. Magus was stronger at the time. This should be obvious simply from him being a difficult boss for Crono, Frog, and someone else at the same time. And couldn't the sword slash have actually been a scythe slash?

Still, my theory does leave the question of why Magus would go to roof instead of finishing his summoning. Maybe Frog gets there before he starts?

--------------------
Mercy?! I am the sixth phase of your world's destruction! would you like some evil pie?

My name is Fox, I am infinitely great, and I am the author of this comic strip..
Post #71615
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: