CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Shadow Model

Posted: 25th November 2006 02:41
Returner

Got bored and threw this together realquick, My third model ever tongue.gif He's skinned using parts of images from the movies from the psx version. The dog is borrowed, just threw him there for looks tongue.gif

user posted image
Post #136565
Posted: 25th November 2006 07:38

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Man, that's pretty good!! You must be a good computer game designer or somethin'! I mean, Shadow's face needs a little work, but the rest (even the dog) is perfect.

Give it a 9.01/10.00

--------------------
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Chrsit for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

Acts 4:12

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
Post #136585
Posted: 25th November 2006 17:33

Black Mage

Awards:
Wow, that looks pretty nice!

--------------------
I'm finally back, everyone! It's been months, maybe even a year since I last visited this website!
Post #136616
Posted: 25th November 2006 18:03

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
For 'pretty quick', and 'third model ever', very nice job.

I hope to see more of your models posted.

--------------------
"A little tight, but the price was right" - Locke
"Oh, what a Fuddy Duddy" - Relm
"..." - Shadow
"I'm a General, not some love starved twit" - Celes
"Although Edgar showers his attention on the ladies, most are smart enough to pay him no attention. Oh! King Edgar!" - Figaro Castle Inn Attendant
Post #136620
Posted: 25th November 2006 18:41

Engineer

Awards:
i give it an 9 outa 10 for speed. the only flaw is the face. other than that, very good.

--------------------
You Can't Escape...
Nowhere to run...
Nowhere to hide...
Post #136629
Posted: 25th November 2006 19:32

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
His face looks weird, and the way you have no shading on his body, he looks like he's a completely-black light-vacuum.

But in a sense, he is kinda like that. An information vacuum--you don't get much out of him--especially not about his identity. He keeps it to himself, and listens to you as you talk (i.e. the "sink" idea).

Nice. And that dog looks like his dog as well. Good job. smile.gif

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #136637
Posted: 25th November 2006 19:36

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Awesome. I like this, it's great. Like others have said, face looks a little odd, but it's really not what I'd call bad. I'm sure it's not easy to make models.

I give a 10. Great job, d00d.

--------------------
"I've got nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free." - Setzer, FFVI (PSX Remake)
Post #136638
Posted: 25th November 2006 19:41
Returner

Thanks smile.gif

Ya his face is way off, im working on fixing that (the pics of his face from the game are kind of hard to work with, i used the sideview pic and cloned and rotated it to make it) plus giving him the bandana ties in the back of his head. Also working on putting some shading on the body to make him look a little beefy.

This post has been edited by killstheweak on 25th November 2006 19:44
Post #136643
Posted: 25th November 2006 19:45

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (killstheweak @ 25th November 2006 19:41)
Thanks smile.gif

Ya his face is way off, im working on fixing that plus giving him the bandana ties in the back of his head. Also working on putting some shading on the body to make him look a little beefy.

Can't wait to see it. Being as big of a fan of FFVI as I am, I love seeing other people's expressions of characters, events, or even places from the game.

I actually hope you make more of these, d00d.

--------------------
"I've got nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free." - Setzer, FFVI (PSX Remake)
Post #136645
Posted: 2nd December 2006 23:52
Lunarian

Awards:
Why is everyone giving ratings?.. And shouldn't this be in "My Creations"?

I do like the detail on Intercepter, but Shadow's bodysuit looks undetailed and his face looks bended. Keep it up.
Post #137356
Posted: 3rd December 2006 09:11

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
The belt actually is the strangest looking part to me.
Where his body has no shading, the extreme curviness of the belt makes it kind of look like he's got a pot belly.

Cool nonetheless.

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #137392
Posted: 3rd December 2006 09:33
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
For someone who just started out, that's very impressive model and texture work. Proportions are hard enough when drawing and I've found it to be extra hard working in 3d, but it looks like you grabbed the essentials of that in this pic.

Texture on the face needs some work and if you feel like it, you may want to lighten his black suit to a very dark grey and add black curve shapes to the texture to indicate the folds of his clothing. And when I say grey, I mean so dark only pure black would make you notice it's not pure black. Still a ninja after all. smile.gif

Edit
Actually, CS's right. A really dark blue would work much better.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 4th December 2006 06:01

--------------------
Post #137393
Posted: 3rd December 2006 18:39

Dragoon

Awards:
you may want to lighten his black suit to a very dark grey and add black curve shapes to the texture to indicate the folds of his clothing. And when I say grey, I mean so dark only pure black would make you notice it's not pure black

i think a Dark Green or Blue could work just as well as gray
good job though. In 3D animation I'm almost to that level, I just started playing around with clothes Friday.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #137417
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: