CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Good gaming deals

Posted: 4th November 2010 23:37

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Final Fantasy XIII is on sale cheap ($28.33 PS3, $30.00 X360) at AmaCoN today. Link below will automatically do any AmaCoN-referral for you if you're interested in buying.

PS3 - Final Fantasy XIII

X360 - Final Fantasy XIII

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #189016
Posted: 25th November 2010 17:33

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
There's a series of Thanksgiving deals on steam for those of us who will be hiding indoors during the entire Black Friday event. New deals will be hosted every day through the 29th.

Yesterday's deals included packs for Bordlerlands, the original Deus Ex and Half-Life 2. Now, to continue trying to figure out if my laptop can handle Borderlands.

Today's set of deals include a Left 4 Dead 2 bundle, Batman Arkham Asylum and a bunch of games I haven't heard of. If you were interested in Deus Ex or Borderlands, there are still sales on each of these games by themselves.

This post has been edited by Death Penalty on 25th November 2010 18:11

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #189946
Posted: 25th November 2010 21:40

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Yeah, steam sales are getting crazy. Today they have a bundle of indie games marked off 92% from $60 to $5. It has Gish, And Yet it Moves, Jolly Rover, and Recettear. I think some people on this board would really be a fan of Reccettear, it's part economic sim and part RPG but all done in this really saturated anime style, it's really fun. On top of those I also got Chime and Super Meat Boy for PC, all rung in under twenty dollars. God I love steam.

--------------------
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting... fighting was the only thing I was ever good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in." - Frank Yeager (a.k.a. Grey Fox)
Post #189956
Posted: 27th November 2010 13:53

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I bought a six-pack of Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal for funsies. If anyone wants a copy, PM me. Also, I fully recommend the Indie Clever Pack being sold for £4 right now. It contains VVVVVV, which is worth it alone, but also World of Goo? I would so buy it if I didn't already have those games.

This post has been edited by footbigmike on 27th November 2010 13:57
Post #190025
Posted: 5th December 2010 10:16

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Games for windows live is going off the damn wall right now! Yesterday they had shadowrun (the new one) for sale for 99 cents, a few days before they had Age of Empires III for 9 cents. As of this writing they have Viva Pinata up for 99 cents, and it looks like there are even more crazy deals in the forecast.

--------------------
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting... fighting was the only thing I was ever good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in." - Frank Yeager (a.k.a. Grey Fox)
Post #190571
Posted: 25th December 2010 19:46

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Quote (laszlow @ 27th October 2010 22:10)
Torchlight is 50% off today, since it's on its 1-year anniversary. If you haven't gotten this game yet, now you have even less of an excuse. It's on Steam, D2D, and a few other legal online vendors.

75% off now on Steam, maybe D2D I haven't checked. I just bought it for £3.74. That's about $5 I think. I've played TL a few times already but haven't fully got into it. After a bit of play yesterday I really like it. I'm level 11 just trying all the stuff out. This is such a good buy.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #191539
Posted: 28th January 2011 12:32

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Steam's weekend deal this weekend, at least in the States, is a bundle of both the Penny Arcade games for $3. I dunno, maybe it's passe to still like PA, but I do, and for three bucks I'm sure I can at least get a chuckle or two out of the games, if I ever get around to actually playing them.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #192574
Posted: 28th January 2011 19:11

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Also on offer in the UK (£2.25 for the two episodes).

I've played the first part on the 360, good game but didn't really feel like paying 1200(?) points for the second part, it didn't seem a big enough game.

Also on the UK Steam, The Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle is 50% off. You get The Sims 3, Fast Lane Stuff, High-End Loft Stuff, Late Night, World Adventures and Ambitions for £57.47 until the 3rd of Feb.
Post #192581
Posted: 28th January 2011 20:58

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 28th January 2011 07:32)
I dunno, maybe it's passe to still like PA, but I do...

Hell I still find PA amusing AND I've been known to get a laugh from Homestar Runner...with my taste in video games I may be stuck in 1995, but my internet humor quotient is firmly wedged in 2004.

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #192582
Posted: 23rd February 2011 14:56

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Half Life 2 - Episode 2 is on sale on Steam for $2 today. A lot of people probably got it as part of The Orange Box, but if you were holding out for some reason, it's mega-cheap now.

--------------------
Post #193058
Posted: 3rd March 2011 21:53
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is back on the Steam Sale block at $9.99 for anyone interested in a compelling brain teaser and atmospheric first person experience.

--------------------
Post #193244
Posted: 18th April 2011 17:47

Awards:
Amazon is running a deal for up to 66% off Atlus games today. As a board of RPG fans I think everyone here owes it to themselves to try Persona 3 or 4, or Odin Sphere.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=...9&creative=9325

If there's a way to turn that into an Amacon link then feel free to edit it.

Moderator Edit
Done. Took about two seconds on the AmaCoN page: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/amacon/ -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th April 2011 17:56

--------------------
Post #194242
Posted: 4th May 2011 14:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Looks like Plants vs. Zombies is on a pretty big Steam sale right now: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/04/plants-v...rsday-afternoo/

If you like castle defense games, you probably already have it. If you haven't played one, like I hadn't in a very long time, you really should. It's a great game.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #194650
Posted: 12th May 2011 14:03

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Portal 2 is impossibly cheap right now on Amazon:

USA:
$29.99 - PC
$39.99 - PS3
$39.99 - X360

UK:
£27.99 - PC
£36.99 - PS3
£32.99 - X360

--------------------
Post #194856
Posted: 15th May 2011 12:49

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BYQGA...ASIN=B000BYQGA8

FF 7, 8, 9 together for 90 bucks. Not bad, considering VII is going for a pretty penny these days! Other listings of Final Fantasy VII are going for $250. ouch!

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 15th May 2011 14:42

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #194931
Posted: 21st May 2011 23:11

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Just picked up Chaos Rings for iPhone/iPod touch for $3.99. Game is being discounted for the release of the next enstallment for a limited amount of time. So, if $12.99 was too much for buying the game before, now's the time to get it. I would have posted this in the thread about the game that laszlow posted but I was having trouble finding it.

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #195067
Posted: 21st June 2011 17:19

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
It's a free week for Team Fortress 2 on Steam, so if you've been waiting for an opportunity to get in on this still-VERY-well-supported game, now's your best chance!

--------------------
Post #195511
Posted: 30th June 2011 19:39
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Free to play from now on actually. Speaking of Steam, they just started a big 'ol summer sale that currently includes among other things, Oblivion for under $10.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 30th June 2011 19:40

--------------------
Post #195692
Posted: 30th June 2011 19:42

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Hydrophobia: Prophecy was just on sale for the past three days or so at 75% off, or US$3. A friend tells me it was GBP2.25 in the UK.

It's no longer on sale at that much, but it's still at 66% off right now.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #195694
Posted: 1st July 2011 03:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Please pardon my double-post, but speaking of Steam, they're now putting a bunch of stuff on sale every day from today 'til July 10th. They're calling it "The Steam Summer Camp Sale".

Today's deals include:
* The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion at $6.80
* Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale at $5 - that's 75% off base price! Even the little girl has 500 pix to spare... tongue.gif

I'm not that familiar with any of the other games but there's also Bit.Trip Runner for $2.50, Borderlands for $7.50, and Medal of Honor for $10.19, among games that I've heard a lot about. There are a total of 12 such deals and I presume each day's deals end at 1 PM eastern daylight time.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 1st July 2011 03:31

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #195706
Posted: 9th July 2011 09:35
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
For the next 7 hours, Steam has Mass Effect 1 and 2 bundled together for under $20, but that's the deluxe version of ME2. You can purchase each non-deluxe one separately for under $10 each.

--------------------
Post #195863
Posted: 9th July 2011 14:22

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
The steam summer deals are just unbelievable at points, you can pick up everything Valve have released. The " Valve Complete Pack" goes for around £24/$38. The usual retail price price of which is around £120 I think.

That's including every Half life, portal and Left 4 Dead game, among others. Damn!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #195864
Posted: 11th July 2011 19:17

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
^ Yeah, these seem to be last-day deals for publisher packs.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #195891
Posted: 11th August 2011 01:09

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Some Squenix games are on the cheap at Amazon right now.

Final Fantasy 4: US DS $14.99, UK DS £16.67, UK PSP £12.00

Chrono Trigger: US DS $14.99

The World Ends With You: US DS $14.99, UK DS £15.49

--------------------
Post #196784
Posted: 11th August 2011 15:58

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
How about that there 3DS free games deal?

Anyways, I was able to get FFXII for eight bucks, FFIII DS for 7.19, and everything on Virtual Console.

Now, I just want a copy of the PSX FVII that's under 40 bucks.
Post #196790
Posted: 21st October 2011 03:27
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Steam has all GTA games available bundles for $12.49.

Oddly enough, it has just GTA IV and its expansions bundled together too...for $13.59. huh.gif

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 21st October 2011 03:28

--------------------
Post #197865
Posted: 27th October 2011 20:48
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
And now they have a Holloween special going on till the end of October that includes big discounts on a whole slew of really good games.

--------------------
Post #197949
Posted: 6th November 2011 21:08

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Oh hey, speaking of halloween specials, there's another Humble Bundle going on, for a new single game called Vox, which looks something like a minecraft apocalypse . If you donate above the average which is currently a few pennies over five bucks, you'll get a couple of bonus games, with their soundtracks.

Most notably there's Edmund McMillen's The Binding of Issac, which is a blasphemous and mildly vulgar but still somehow cute and fun game. It plays a bit kinda like a set of randomly generated The Legend of Zelda series style dungeons, mixed with a shooter. If you guys don't see how that could work, there's a demo on Newgrounds if you guys wanna check that out. It's soo fun and normally goes for a fiver by itself on Steam without the soundtrack, so with the other content that comes along with it, it's at least a modest deal for the moment.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 6th November 2011 21:16

--------------------
Post #198048
Posted: 15th November 2011 16:42

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
AmaCoN is doing a buy one, get one 50% off deal right now here in the US. The games involved aren't every game, but there are some huge new or newish releases for consoles, including Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Arkham City and MW3.

http://amzn.to/tIjd6p

Not sure how long that's going, but I would suspect not all that long given that it's advertised as a "Countdown to Black Friday" sale.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 15th November 2011 17:40

--------------------

Post #198129
Posted: 24th November 2011 14:53

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
Steam just put TONS of games for sale on its Black Friday special.

For instance, Mass effect 1 and 2 are $5 each right now! That's got me sold.

Other Deals: Portal 2 for $10.19 (or Portal Bundle for $11.89), Duke Nukem Forever $6.79, Dead Island $26.79.....just check it out! smile.gif

Don't know how much longer these deals will be up, but now's your chance if you're like me and you've been waiting for a mega sale.

As of this posting, the deals are ending in THREE HOURS. Act quick!

This post has been edited by TheEvilEye on 24th November 2011 15:07
Post #198235
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: