CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Most annoying FF child

Who do you think annoyed you the most from the children and why?
Rydia - child (IV) [ 2 ]  [6.45%]
Palom (IV) [ 6 ]  [19.35%]
Porom (IV) [ 1 ]  [3.23%]
Krile (V) [ 4 ]  [12.90%]
Relm (VI) [ 5 ]  [16.13%]
Vivi (IX) [ 4 ]  [12.90%]
Eiko (IX) [ 9 ]  [29.03%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 12th October 2008 11:58

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I wanna make a poll. I haven't made a poll anywhere for years! Anyway, I asked this question many years ago on another board.

--------------------
The Arcana are the means by which ALL is revealed.
Post #172629
Posted: 12th October 2008 18:20
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
If it was an option, I would have voted for Seifer (FF8). tongue.gif

This post has been edited by fleetingsight on 12th October 2008 18:23

--------------------
Oh tell me why
Do we build castles in the sky
Post #172631
Posted: 12th October 2008 18:28

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Man, don't ask me why, but I can't STAND Vivi in FF9. The innocence and the precocious attitude are cute for about a disc, and then I just want him to freaking grow up already. I think my distaste arrives about at the same time offensive magic just isn't worthwhile anymore in the game.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #172632
Posted: 12th October 2008 20:09

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I had to vote for Vivi as well. When I was first looking into the game, I thought Vivi looked pretty cool. I saw some potential for a nifty character, but as I got further into the game he just kept annoying me more and more. He came across as whiny and a drag. It was a hard choice though, because for some reason I find most of the FF kids to be quite annoying.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #172633
Posted: 12th October 2008 20:11

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Null vote because both Gau and Rikku are absent. Gau just gets very boring very fast with his cliche existence of a wild boy raised by wolves or some nonsense, and Rikku is Rikku.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #172634
Posted: 12th October 2008 20:38

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I'd honestly put Yuffie ahead of anyone on the list. It isn't even close.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 12th October 2008 20:38

--------------------
Post #172636
Posted: 12th October 2008 20:44

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (laszlow @ 12th October 2008 15:38)
I'd honestly put Yuffie ahead of anyone on the list. It isn't even close.

I have to agree, Yuffie is by far the most annoying possible character in any of the games. I dislike her very much...

And as for Vivi, I like him because he shows a classic struggle of existence, which is a very mature thing for him to be tackling at such a young age. Plus he's a mage, which is pretty cool too. smile.gif

--------------------
"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
~Barack Obama
Post #172638
Posted: 12th October 2008 21:00

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
You know, when I made this list oh-so long ago I had Gau and Yuffie on the list... it only sparked an argument about how they "were too old to be on it". Now I haven't added them I get the reverse. =P

--------------------
The Arcana are the means by which ALL is revealed.
Post #172639
Posted: 13th October 2008 01:43

Lunarian

Awards:
For the short time that I've played the game, I found Gau to be an irritating little son of a gun, but I never used him in battle so I have no idea if he was a complete nuisance.

Eiko, however, was a very annoying little brat, claiming to be a grown-up while she shouldn't be old enough to cross the street. However, I used her quite often in combat 'cuz her high level White Magic was very useful (especially in Trance) and her summons packed quite a punch as well. I had to give her rackets when she wasn't learning any abilities 'cuz I found it purposeless to strike an enemy with tiny flute.

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #172644
Posted: 16th October 2008 15:53

Black Mage

Awards:
Good topic. happy.gif

It's hard to detach the characters from their abilities. If I 'keep them together', then Relm comes as number one, because 'Sketch' I found to be completely useless. As a character, she is a total ad-lib, and I think the fact that she's Shadow's daughter was just thrown in so that she wouldn't be completely irrelevant to the story. Her personality sucks too - total cliche. "I'm too hot, Gramps!" rolleyes.gif BUT...

I guess instead of looking at level of usefulness, I have to ask myself which FF child I wouldn't want to be around on a quest to...say...save the world, for example, because I would end up throttling them. I suppose I have to disqualify 'Chocoboy' and Choco Billy since they are NPCs - but they are damned annoying. "Hold your chocobos." I'll hold your chocobos...by the neck if you don't give me one. pinch.gif

I wanted to disqualify the girls also because I'd feel bad for choking them, but Vivi and Palom and Gau just don't annoy me that much. Relm is hyperactive but at least she doesn't have many speaking parts. I suppose I have to say Yuffie. I hate the Yuffie 'sidequest', and she steals the materia, and she isn't that useful. Yes, Yuffie is the most annoying FF child.

--------------------
You don't scare me, you talking blobs of oozing slop! I am impervious to pain!
Post #172688
Posted: 17th October 2008 22:45

Engineer

Awards:
I voted Relm but really, none of them really bother me that much. She was probably the most annoying to me out of that group.

--------------------
Why, hello guys! Haven't been around here in a loooong time!
http://dragcave.net/user/LadyTwi
http://www.backloggery.com/ladytwi
Post #172714
Posted: 18th October 2008 12:34

Cactuar

Awards:
I'd select Cloud, but he's not on the poll...

Anyway, from the ones that appear in the poll I don't really dislike anyone. Gau was most annoying, but then again, he's not there. So I chose Krile because
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
she appears in the party after Galuf dies and Galuf's death was really annoying, not because he was particularly useful - Krile gets all his stats and skills anyway - but because he was the most loveable old man in any FF game.

--------------------
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one...
Post #172723
Posted: 21st October 2008 04:59

Black Mage

Awards:
Porom! Come on people why am I the only one. She thinks she is so mature but in my opinion she is just a bully. She hits her brother on the head way too much. No wonder he acts funny. I would too if my sister gave me brain damage by beating me across the head too many times.

--------------------
I treasure those who I love that love me in return. <3
Post #172783
Posted: 25th October 2008 20:01

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I null-voted because I didn't really think any of them were annoying. Tidus was annoying though. Maybe they all seem alright by comparison.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #172843
Posted: 5th November 2008 19:40

Behemoth

Awards:
luv FFVI, but Relm is pretty annoying. if u combine Palom and Porom, u equal Relm.

--------------------
Post #173036
Posted: 5th November 2008 21:09

Engineer

Awards:
I went with Vivi.

Not just because he's not that great in FFIX (though it's been a while since I've played it.) But also because well, he never really does anything. He's insecure, I GET it. He has a few decent moments in the beginning with that Black Waltz and such, but after that...he's just there.

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #173038
Posted: 6th November 2008 01:14

Crusader

Awards:
relm. relm. relmrelmrelm.

i HATE relm so effing much. i wish she would cram her paintbrush up her@$$. i absolutely HATE HATE HATE her SO MUCH.

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #173043
Posted: 7th November 2008 03:20

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (dont chocobos rule? @ 6th November 2008 01:14)
relm. relm. relmrelmrelm.

i HATE relm so effing much. i wish she would cram her paintbrush up her@$$. i absolutely HATE HATE HATE her SO MUCH.

aww, come on. shes not that bad...i mean, i voted 4 her, but shes not that bad.

--------------------
Post #173067
Posted: 17th November 2008 01:47

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (seraphimdreamer777 @ 21st October 2008 04:59)
Porom! Come on people why am I the only one. She thinks she is so mature but in my opinion she is just a bully.

Well, she is certainly more mature than Palom, she understands more, and knows what the right thing to say to people is when her brother does not. I do agree that she is kinda mean to him (the physical abuse is terrible), but maybe that's the only way she can communicate that some things should not be said or done.

I null-voted. I don't know much about Krile, Eiko, or Vivi, but I have the same amount of tolerance for all of the other characters; none of them really bug me.

I actually think that Relm is a cool character. Maybe one-sided, but still does a good job of bringing that comic relief.

--------------------
Post #173276
Posted: 1st December 2008 17:57

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
I don't really find anyone of them particularly annoying, but out of those (and I have not played FFIX) I find child Rydia the most annoying. Mainly because everyone kills her when she joins you dry.gif
Post #173558
Posted: 2nd December 2008 17:09

Returner

Null voted.
Because I couldn't see Gau up there!
Or Rikku.
while they're endearing, and bring a 'cutesy-wootsey' element to the game
They're just ever-so-slightly pointless.

I'd pick Gau over Rikku though.
The 'Mr Thou' thing is only funny the first time you play the game.

--------------------
And on the eighth day, God created Final Fantasy....
Post #173591
Posted: 4th December 2008 05:33

Lunarian

Awards:
Quote (ArcKnight5000 @ 12th October 2008 15:44)
Quote (laszlow @ 12th October 2008 15:38)
I'd honestly put Yuffie ahead of anyone on the list.  It isn't even close.

I have to agree, Yuffie is by far the most annoying possible character in any of the games. I dislike her very much...

And as for Vivi, I like him because he shows a classic struggle of existence, which is a very mature thing for him to be tackling at such a young age. Plus he's a mage, which is pretty cool too. smile.gif

I always hated Yuffie because of the materia endeavor. I did like Vivi's story for pretty much the same reason you did as well.

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #173651
Posted: 5th December 2008 16:05

Behemoth

Awards:
Quote (Locke.Stocke.And2SmokingBarrels @ 2nd December 2008 17:09)
Null voted.
Because I couldn't see Gau up there!
Or Rikku.
while they're endearing, and bring a 'cutesy-wootsey' element to the game
They're just ever-so-slightly pointless.

I'd pick Gau over Rikku though.
The 'Mr Thou' thing is only funny the first time you play the game.

i wouldnt say Gau is annoying. in fact, i think hes tragic.

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
that his father forgot about him and called him a monster. then he got all dressed up and his father still rejected him. when u think about it, of all the characters his story is one of the only ones that doesnt have any closure.

--------------------
Post #173681
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: