CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFVI/VII Crossover fanfic: Star crossed Lovers

Posted: 7th January 2009 13:13

Returner

hiya all, I understand that this is my first post, but i would like to give to you my first contribution to the site.

Probably the first time ever such a crossover fic has been produced, to my knowledge at least. It deals with a pairing with FF's probably two most iconic heros. Terra and Cloud and rather interesting relationship. Timeline is roughly pre final battle for Terra while cloud awakes in 7th heaven pre second bombing mission. And yes I realise the pairing was heavily influenced by FF Dissidia.

anyways on with the fiction. i hope you enjoy.

Star crossed lovers: A Final fantasy VI/VII crossover fic

The characters and situations depicted in this fan fiction are the property of Square-Enix and is a work of fiction. And yes this is probably the first ever Terra/Cloud relationship fic.

A harsh breeze whipped through the house as the young man stared out towards the horizon, his blue eyes not faltering, not for an instant. He couldn’t even recall the events that brought the two together but he did know that he wanted to protect the woman he just recently met, he turned around for a few moments to see the Emerald haired beauty lying on the bed: resting. He never met anyone quite like her before, not even Tifa or Aeris could captivate his heart quite like she did. He gave a sigh as he sat on a solitary chair to remain watching.

She awoke a few hours later, the faint sounds of creatures outside becoming oddly soothing for her, she looked over to where the spiky haired young man was, now he was the one that was sound asleep however she could tell that it was more of a disturbed sleep than a calm one. She slowly sat up and spoke softly.
“Cloud?”
“Hmmm?” Cloud replied opening one eye at her.
“Are you alright?” the girl replied back, concern in her eyes for her friend she has only just recently met. He groggily stood back up and stretched a cricking of a back was heard as well as an audible grunt.
“Yeah….just another one of those restless nights I guess, you?” he asked softly looking back to her.
“I’m worried about my friends, how they are coping without me and my children…”
“I’m sure they’ll be alright Terra” Cloud spoke softly again “You’re strong I know you are, you’ve proven that today”
“But what good is strength if you don’t have someone or something to fight for?” Terra replied hugging her knees close a faint tear streaking down her cheek.

Cloud sighed as he watched her curl up and hug herself feeling a sense of helplessness, a feeling of weakness, he hated this feeling it always reminded him of 15 years ago on that day when the bridge collapsed in Nibelheim. He never forgave himself for his weakness, nor does he now.
“Hey, you’ll always have something to fight for, to believe in…it may not be a person or thing but there is always something” Cloud stated hoping to bring a smile back to her face, he had a hard time smiling himself however but when Terra smiled it always seemed to warm his heart.
“Will we ever get back to our own worlds?” Terra asked again, scanning Clouds features for a reaction.
“Who knows? Maybe, maybe we never will, we’ll just have to make the most of it I guess” he replied then watched as if he just killed all the hope Terra had left, this made the former Shin-ra SOLDIER depressed even more as he knew she had already captured her heart. “Terra?”
“Yes?” the half-esper girl replied, her green eyes sparkling in the moonlight.
“Lets go outside” he replied moving towards the door, heavy shoes making a soft clunk on the wooden floor, the green haired woman nodded and followed closely behind.

The two of them stood outside bathed in the soft moonlight of a alien world they knew nothing about, yet a strange sense of familiarity overcame them as if they knew that they both belonged to this world, as if this world belonged to them. Cloud moved over to a nearby tree and Terra followed, her cape flowing behind her as her hair waved in the gentle breeze, Cloud slumped by the tree and stared towards the ocean.
“Look at it will you? The water is so calm, so peaceful” Terra nodded and knelt beside him smiling that warm smile.
“It’s beautiful” she stated looking over to Cloud and saw him looking back, his ethereal blue eyes sparkled just like hers.
“Not as beautiful as you” he blurted out, Terra blinked and looked at him in shock.
“You….you think I am beautiful?” she choked a little “No ones ever said that to me before.”
“Well you are” he replied scarcely believing what he said himself “You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met, I am glad we are together”. Terra looked on at the ocean and smiled to herself.

Cloud thought that he was either finally losing it or he was crazy as he admitted a feeling he’s never told anyone else.
If Tifa finds out I’m dead meat He looked into the esper girls eyes and knew that he wasn’t mistaken in his confession, she truly did look beautiful. The green hair just merely tops it off really.
“I think I…” he stuttered and Terra looked at him “I think I’m in love with you”
“What???” she replied in shock once more, however the shock didn’t last long “You love me?”
“Yes…yes I do” The blond spiky haired warrior replied with a soft smile “Terra from the moment I met you, I knew there was something, special about you and I don’t mean your fighting prowess either” he watched as the half-esper turned away blushing a little “I’ve never felt like this for anyone, ever”
“Someone to love me…..” she started to cry again glittering tears streaming down Terra’s eyes as overwhelming happiness took over. “I finally have someone that loves me”
“Yes….I love you” he repeated leaning towards her “Do you love me?” he asked, It didn’t take long for Terra to give him his reply.
“Yes, I do” she closed her eyes and leaned towards Cloud.

And the next few moments were powerful, magical even as the two locked lips with each other, tears still flowing from Terra’s eyes as her happiness was obviously soaring at this point, Cloud himself also felt a warmth he never felt before, not even with Aeris.
So this is what true love feels like? He thought to himself as he maintained his kiss with the Emerald haired beauty wishing that this moment would last forever. However the moment did not last as a dark purple portal opened up and the two of them recognised it instantly, Cloud shook his head in disbelief.
“No, not now, not this way” he pleaded seemingly to an invisible deity.
“Cloud?” Terra asked with concern, though she knew in her heart what it signified.
“Terra, I’m afraid it’s time for me to return to my world” he stated a tear now coming down his cheek “I don’t want to leave you”
“Nor I you!!” Terra screamed in reply as Cloud started to float being pulled by the portal, the first true love she has ever felt now being ripped away from her heart. “Don’t go!”
“I can’t stop it….” Cloud replied as he tried to fight back but it was already too late he was starting to disappear “I love you Terra!”
“I love you too Cloud!” Terra shouted back just as a portal to her own world opened up signifying a return to her own place and time. “I’ll never forget you”

Then he was gone and soon Terra vanished too, waking up back on the deck of the Falcon she looked around to survey her surroundings thankfully no one was present and she gave a deep long sigh. “Cloud Strife, I shall never forget your name” she said softly as she returned to her quarters where she will explain her adventures to the others.

Elsewhere Cloud awoke within the bar of the 7th heaven shaking his head in disbelief.
“Was it all a dream?” he asked as he looked around, noticing that no one was around, no Marlene or Barret, thinking that maybe they were still all asleep. “Terra Branford as long as I breath I shall never forget you”
“You are you talking to?” asked a voice, it was Tifa. Cloud jumped slightly and looked back towards the pinball table.
“No one….no one at all….” Just a star crossed lover he thought to himself as he stepped out of the bar seemingly for some fresh air…even if it was the air of Midgar.

This post has been edited by Terra-Fan on 7th January 2009 13:23

--------------------
Terra is my favourite character nuff said.
Post #174572
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: