CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Which of these ones is not like the other one?

Posted: 25th February 2017 23:35

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
...Which of the characters do you think is the smartest character in this story? How would you rank the FF4 player characters (yeah, including Golbez cuz technically speaking, and cuz it's interesting to include him) in terms of their sheer intelligence? The game rates it. Do their associated actions stack up?

Palom is the one who claims it. Is it true? What is his Lv. 99 magic stat? Aren't stat growths in FF4 fixed?

I'm going to guess that it is not going to be Cecil, personally. I'd want to say Yang, but then, he can't cast a lick of magic...Cid has engineering skills that absolutely nobody (except perhaps Dr. Lugae) can match...

I dunno. It could be a boss or villain or NPC, really.

Who's the wise guy? And if you say FuSoYa I'mma write Deus Ex Machina on a sheet of paper, crumple it up and throw it at your head

smile.gif Off you go, discuss this thing with each othas

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212325
Posted: 26th February 2017 02:17

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
While she's not my favorite character of the game (or even favorite female protagonist), I think Rydia might be. She starts off as a child, but subsequently trains with the summoned monsters for years. Not only is she learning skills like magic, but is being tutored by the beasts as well. She does nothing else in those years except train and learn.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #212327
Posted: 26th February 2017 06:32

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Is there an intelligence stat?

I know there's a wisdom stat (which black magic power is based on) as well as a will stat (which white magic power is based on).

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #212328
Posted: 26th February 2017 06:32

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Hm...she gets to be older than Palom, too. Also, can cast the entire Black Magic list of the game, just like FuSoYa, but has a much deeper MP pool.

Her philosophy in life is also uniformly forgiving and determined, but she has not lost touch with her emotions, either.

...I think you're actually kind of right about this...Tellah trained her early on, and then she ended up in the Feymarch with Asura and Leviathan supervising her training for yeah, let's say 11-12 years or so. She returns to the party something like weeks after she leaves, but the Feymarch's time is governed by a different dimensional ...timey wimey ball... so she ages into an adult while Cecil/et al remain the same age.

...Frankly that has not happened in any other FF ever, but that's kind of a separate thread I guess...gosh I'm getting separate thread ideas during a post a lot lately. :/

Anyhoo, I would posit this to you then: which character is studying the most difficult subject, of all characters presented by FF4?

I'm going to throw out some choices just to sort of seed the convo I guess? Rydia technically can't be quantified, because real life magic is not like Fantasy Game magic at all...

Anyhow, Edward is the game's master musician (if you don't count Nobuo-Sensei in the Dev Room hee hee), Professor Corio (in Agart) is an Astronomer, Cid is an Engineer of Flying Boats, um...Yang is a martial arts master. Let's see...Rosa is technically what you'd call a Doctor, though there is the Doctor in Troia as well, stated as such.

Hm...Kokkol is a blacksmith. ...I'm not really sure which other characters' disciplines are really known in-game. What does Rosa's mother even do in Baron town anyway?

Is there an intelligence stat?

I know there's a wisdom stat (which black magic power is based on) as well as a will stat (which white magic power is based on).

...I stand corrected. Wisdom, yeah.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 26th February 2017 06:34

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212329
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: