CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Go Tellah on the moutain!

Posted: 8th March 2011 23:33
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Aight, this is pretty simple. I'm going through a re-run of Final Fantasy II/IV US and I'm at the point I always get stuck in...Mysidia.

Now what I get stuck on is not a battle, but the goddamned economy! See I want to buy up all the paladin armor, wizard gear and such before I head to Mt. Ordeals. But I can't just equip (or future equip in the case of Cecil) for those currently in my party. I also gots to grab stuph for Tellah, who I know will soon join the party. Trouble being that I can't remember what the old fart has equipped on him when I get him.

Anyone remember?

--------------------
Post #193358
Posted: 11th November 2011 23:00

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
You don't really need to get much for Tellah. The stuff you can get for him won't make a huge difference because he'll be in the back row anyway.

Just don't sell stuff from earlier and make sure you unequip anyone you know is going to leave you (Rosa, Rydia, Edward, Yang, Kain, Tellah earlier)
Post #198075
Posted: 29th November 2011 18:26

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I don't remember equipment ever making a huge difference in the game anyway, at least between whether to purchase a next set of equipment. If anything, you might be more inclined to make Tellah useful if there are fire-based around that he can use (such as a Flame rod or something I think), since those can damage undead monsters without him spending his precious MP.

Also, excellent pun in the thread title.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 30th November 2011 21:55

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #198298
Posted: 30th November 2011 09:55

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
The pun itself is worthy of a FFIV walkthrough chapter title. I think Tellah just has Gaia gear when you find him? Maybe a staff? The guy is made of paper no matter what you put on him, really. best to just shove him in the backrow with the other 2 mages and hope Cecil takes all the damage. If you want money that bad, you can always go farm at the top of the peninsula north of mount ordeals, where the harder monsters spawn. Also a good way to level up the twins. Unfortunately, it becomes much harder without Cecil's darkwave attack.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #198328
Posted: 30th November 2011 20:33

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Ditto what MogMaster said. It's one of those things where you have to hope for the best for the old geezer, shove him in the back row and let the whipper snappers take the beatings. Usually I can't afford the really good spiffy armor for when Cecil changes to Paladin so I save Kain's old armor (iron armor?) and throw that on him.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #198336
Posted: 1st December 2011 19:53

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
According to the Final Fantasy Wikia, he's equipped with a Staff and a Gaia Gear.

I always just saved hand-me-downs for him when he joins on Mt. Ordeals, and sell what I don't need to buy a shiny new Paladin cuirass. The rest of the gear becomes a lot more affordable once you don't need the dark armour and Deathbringer any more (provided you remember to unequip them...).

--------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this sign. This sign loves you.
Post #198341
Posted: 1st October 2013 17:04

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I have never had a problem affording anything in any game myself, but that is mainly because I do my grinding a little at a time. I always have Rydia at least level 10 before even doing anything. By the time I get to Mysidia, I have plenty of money to spare. I also unequip party members before they leave and sell all their stuff so I get extra money.
Post #204755
Posted: 1st October 2013 19:19

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Tellah is a character kind of keyed to be ok as long as you put him in the back row. He's gonna get knocked out if he gets hit, pretty much, no matter what he's wearing, so the point is, "Don't use resources on him, he's had a full life, spend money on your frontline guys and the children"

But if you're sentimental, you can grind or use the duplicate trick and get him gussied up

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #204765
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: