CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy IV FAQ: Suggest Questions

Posted: 22nd June 2003 18:33

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
As with similar threads in the other forums, the aim of this is to collect questions and answers which should go on our FAQ page for Final Fantasy IV. Before submitting more, check the FF4 FAQ on the site to make sure it's not already there.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK YOUR OWN QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAME.

It makes our lives immeasurably easier if you can provide an answer with your suggested question, or a link to the answer, either from another topic on the forum where you may have asked the question originally, or from an external source.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 23rd January 2004 23:17

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #13540
Posted: 23rd June 2003 05:46

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
EDIT: Okay, so I FORGOT a step x_x And I'm also assuming that people can do math and figure out that Pink Puffs (1/64) and getting Tail (1/64) for a grand total of (1/64)^2 or (1/4096)

What's this thing with the Pink Puffs? or How do I get the Adamant armor for Cecil?

Moderator Edit
Check the FAQ for the answer, as it is now in. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th September 2003 16:39

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #13578
Posted: 5th August 2003 20:39

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
How do I defeat Asura?

Moderator Edit
Check the FAQ for this one, as it has been added. - R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th September 2003 16:42
Post #15538
Posted: 31st August 2003 10:35

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I've got two question without an answer:

Where do I level-up in the underworld, when I can't get beack out yet?

and

Which weapon's (except shurikens) can Edge throw?

Moderator Edit
Check the FAQ for answers, these questions have been added. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th September 2003 16:54

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #16950
Posted: 18th September 2003 18:45

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
All of the good questions and answers above this post have been added to the FF4 FAQ today, 18 September.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th September 2003 18:45

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #17963
Posted: 18th September 2003 19:24

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I have an amendment to "How many versions are there?"
There was also the WSC version released. It was the original with the glitches taken out (weapon duplication, Life2 trick, etc)

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #17965
Posted: 18th September 2003 19:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Got it, thanks.

--------------------

Post #17969
Posted: 19th November 2003 15:37

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
These two questions may be borderline FAQ material, but seeing as I HEARD about these two FF4 related things here and there and didn't know much about them until I became a part of the CoN forums, this could serve as a consolation to someone who's heard of these two things and wants to know exactly what they are/how to get them.

Question: I've heard of Cecil having a special maneuver called DarkWave. How do I acquire the Dark Wave maneuver?

Answer: The DarkWave maneuver is only available for Cecil as a Dark Knight in any of the FINAL FANTASY 4/JAPANESE versions of the game, not on FINAL FANTASY 2. If you aren't playing a Japanese version of the game, there's no way to acquire it.

Question: I've heard of the most powerful Whip for Rydia known as the Dragon Whip. How exactly do you find these?

Answer: The Dragon Whips are rare drops when fighting the Blue Dragons on the Moon. They are a specialty for being stronger against any of the Dragons you fight.

I had heard of the Dark Wave for a while and didn't know much about it till I found this cool site. happy.gif

I recently heard of a Dragon Whip when reading a topic here in the FF4 forum and initially wanted to know more. I soon was enlightened by the one they call the Dark Paladin.
Post #21815
Posted: 21st February 2004 14:35

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
What happens when I level up after Level 70?

When you level up to level 71, all your stats won't raise like before. Some stats
may increase, and others may decrease.

Before leveling up to level 71 and up, save your game, level up, and check your
stats (unequip your characters when checking stats).

You should do this only if you want to go up to level 99.

Start with Cecil and Kain, and kill Edge, Rosa, and Rydia. When both are level 99,
revive Edge, then Rosa, and finally Rydia.

--------------------
I want this world to change for good. I want to see Final Fantasy, the world of swords and magic.
Post #30123
Posted: 28th February 2004 16:05

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
How can you kill odin b4 it killz you w/ its 4000-6000 attack?

have edge use blitz, rydia use indra or lit3, cecil attack properly, rosa use white(holy), and kian jump. he should be dead in no time.
Post #30899
Posted: 29th February 2004 20:37

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
How can you kill Plague before you're KOed by Count?

Plague has a whopping 33333 HP, but is weak to aerial attacks (arrows and lances). It can be a very difficult and intense battle, but is nevertheless possible:
Cecil: use the Crystal Sword to attack.
Rosa: fire Artemis arrows from an Artemis or Samurai Bow, or cast White.
Rydia: summon Bahamut. Nuke isn't as powerful, and Meteo takes too long.
Edge: dart any extra Excaliburs if you duplicated them, and if not, dart anything that's not as powerful as the Excalibur or the Spoon.
Kain: Jump.
Make sure you input your commands as quickly as possible. As I remember, my count went down to 1 or 2 when I beat it.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #30971
Posted: 19th May 2004 01:05

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
Q: How do you duplicate items?

Go in a fight, and when you're in it, go to items.
When your in items, go up one space from the top row, and you'll find the equpitment that the character is wearing. pres "OK" on one of the quepitment, and put it in the space where the items are. after that, go back to fight menu, and run away. After you run, go to items and make that character equipt the item again. and then remove it again. you'll have two. THE END
Post #43311
Posted: 9th June 2004 10:01

Onion Knight

Awards:
With this contribution for the FF4 FAQ on the web site, that I have two questions for it, and that I know already that the first one can work, while that the second one can probably work:

Question #1: It seems to be that when I fight against Cecil's Dark Knight self in that mirror on Mt. Ordeals, that he's almost invincible with something like one thousand hit points and that that can take awhile to defeat, even with Paladin Cecil, so is there any alternate and/or simpler way of defeating Cecil's Dark Knight self?

Answer: Since that Cecil's Dark Knight self keeps telling you not to fight at all and that since Cecil has become a Paladin, which are knights of light, that do what they would do: only don't attack at all, and either don't do anything and/or parry and that after three attacks from Cecil's Dark Knight self, that he says some other lines to you right before that he disappears on his own.

and

Question #2: Is there any other major secrets in the game itself, not counting the programmer's room?

Answer: In the first room of the Watery Pass, where that you meet Tellah for the first time, and that after you've already collected all of the other treasures in the treasure chests in that room that he's in, that you can go behind that big waterfall that was right next to him for a little hidden room with three other treasure chests in it and of absolutely no monsters to randomly encounter in there, also.

>Danny<

Moderator Edit
Please do not post things that you THINK might work. This thread exists to save CoN staff some work and allow the community to contribute. If we have to check your facts, then the 'help' isn't really. -R51

This post has been edited by Daniel on 26th September 2010 03:48
Post #46553
Posted: 15th March 2005 05:28

Returner

Awards:
Why does the Raven (Zuu) constantly get killed almost all the time by the black sword when the other monster have like no effect by it?

And if it is a dead sword then why does it do the same damage to the undead as any other sword (non-holy).
Post #76236
Posted: 15th March 2005 06:03

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd June 2003 10:33)

It makes our lives immeasurably easier if you can provide an answer with your suggested question, or a link to the answer, either from another topic on the forum where you may have asked the question originally, or from an external source.

Evil_Ninja, you might want to have noticed Rangers51's opening post....

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #76239
Posted: 15th March 2005 06:08

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Quote (Evil_Ninja @ 15th March 2005 00:28)
Why does the Raven (Zuu) constantly get killed almost all the time by the black sword when the other monster have like no effect by it?

And if it is a dead sword then why does it do the same damage to the undead as any other sword (non-holy).

Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd June 2003 13:33)

The Death/Black/whatever other name sword adds Death status. The Raven/Zuu happens to be the one vulnerable in the area.
Of the top of my head, it also works against Mini-mages.
It doesn't work against undead because undead aren't vulnerable to Dark Swords. Other Swords (Holy and non) will work against them, and causing Death is secondary to causing damage.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #76242
Posted: 31st May 2005 21:17

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 29th February 2004 15:37)
How can you kill Plague before you're KOed by Count?
it.

I always got whooped by him, so i killed off kain before the battle, and when everyone had a 3 above their heads, i used Life2 on Kain, he reused doom giving everyone 10 over their heds again, i then proceeded to wipe the floor with him biggrin.gif
Post #85066
Posted: 10th December 2005 16:14

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Q. I got the Smut and looked at it. Is there any way to see it again?

A. Yes. In the Programmers room, there are random encounters. Wait until you find one which looks like a bomb (Same look, no palette swap..i think). After you kill it (It self-destructs), you get 50 Gil and the Smut.
Note: I'm not sure how many times you can do this.
Post #104861
Posted: 3rd January 2006 04:55

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
Q: How do I reduce the damage from Zeromus' Big Bang attack?

A: Have Edge steal the item "Dark Matter" from his first form. (Before you use the Crystal.) It will take many, many, many tries, but it is possible. (Taken out of North America's Easytype, "Final Fantasy II".)

i didnt see it, so i though id mention it.

--------------------
Post #106133
Posted: 10th April 2006 06:51

Cetra

Awards:
Question 11 should be updated to include FFIV Advance

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #113609
Posted: 2nd August 2006 16:05
Returner

how to get the pink shield?...but first does it really exist?

This post has been edited by Bekay on 2nd August 2006 16:21
Post #126745
Posted: 2nd August 2006 20:15

Cactuar

Awards:
Q: How do you get the Glass Mask, and what's so great about it?
A: The Glass Mask has the highest Defense of all helmets (30). It can be equipped by everyone except Dark Knight Cecil, and it is non-magnetic. (In theory, you could wear this helmet in the Magnetic Cave.) It is randomly dropped by Wicked Mask, an enemy found in the crystalline floors of the Lunar Subterrane. In theory, you can acquire enough Glass Masks to protect your entire party.

Q: How do you get the Ribbon, and what's so great about it?
A: The Ribbon is widely regarded as the best helmet, because it protects against all status ailments. It can be equipped by everyone except Dark Knight Cecil, and it is non-magnetic. You can find two ribbons in the Lunar Subterrane, in treasure chests guarded by Lunasaurs. They are also rarely dropped by the following enemies: Bog Witch (Sylvan Cave) and Dark Sage (Cave of Bahamut, Lunar Subterrane). In theory, you can acquire enough Ribbons to protect your entire party.

Q: How do you get the Adamant Armor, and what's so great about it?
A: The Adamant Armor is a legendary piece of armor that has awesome Defense (100) and Magic Defense (25). (In comparison, Cecil's Crystal Mail only has 25 Defense and 14 Magic Defense.) It can be equipped by everyone except Dark Knight Cecil, and it is non-magnetic. To get the Adamant Armor, you need to trade a Pink Tail in the Adamant Grotto (northwest of Mythril/Silvera).

Q: How do I get the Pink Tail?
A: The Pink Tail is dropped by the Flan Princess, a pink flan-type creature. This enemy is rarely found in the Lunar Subterrane. You can encounter 5 Flan Princesses with a 100% success rate by using the Alarm/Siren in a certain room. This room is a small, empty room located in the Southeast of B5F. It is just east of the room where you find the White Robe. In theory, you can get enough Pink Tails to acquire Adamant Armor for everyone. In practice, the Pink Tail is so rare that most people don't have the patience to attempt it.

Q: How do you get the Crystal Ring, and what's so great about it?
A: The Crystal Ring has the highest Defense (20) and Magical Defense (12) of any arm gear, including the Crystal Gloves. It can be equipped by everyone except Dark Knight Cecil. It is randomly dropped by Red Dragons, found in the Lunar Subterrane.

Q: How do you get the Dragon's Whisker, and what's so great about it?
A: The Dragon's Whisker is Rydia's best weapon. Unlike most of the other characters' best weapons, this item is not found in a treasure chest. It is randomly dropped by Blue Dragons, which inhabit the Lunar Subterrane.

Q: How do you get the Artemis's Bow and Artemis Arrow, and what's so great about them?
A: These are Rosa's best weapons. (They can be equipped by any archer.) The bow and arrows are dropped by Selene Guardian (Cave of Bahamut, Lunar Subterrane). You can also find an Artemis Arrow in a treasure chest in the Lunar Subterrane. In theory, you can get as many of these wonderful weapons as you want, although it is not practical, given that Rosa is more valuable as a healer.

Q: How do you get the Knife, and what's so great about it?
A: The Knife cannot be equipped by anyone, but when thrown by Edge, it always does 9,999 damage. Unfortunately, there is only one in the game. To get it, you must return the Frying Pan to Yang's wife after you learn the Sylph summon.

Q: How do you learn the Sylph summon?
A: You must visit the Sylvan Cave some time after you lose Yang in the Tower of Babel but before you visit the moon for the first time. (The Sylvan Cave is located in the Northwest corner of the Underworld.) At the bottom of the cave, you will find some Sylphs caring for an unconscious Yang. Now you must return to Fabul and visit Yang's wife. She will give you a Frying Pan. Return to the Sylvan Cave, and use the Frying Pan on Yang. You will learn the Sylph Spell.

Q: How do you learn the Goblin summon?
A: Goblin (AKA Imp) is a secret summon spell that is randomly dropped as an item by Goblins and L'il Murderers (Lunar Subterrane). When you get one, use it as an item to make Rydia learn the spell.

Q: How do you learn the Cockatrice summon?
A: This summon is not available in Final Fantasy II (the U.S. version). Cockatrice is a secret summon spell that is randomly dropped as an item by Helldiver (Baron overworld), Cockatrice (Mt. Hobs, Mysidia overworld), and Roc Baby (Eblan overworld, Agart). When you get one, use it as an item to make Rydia learn the spell.

Q: How do you learn the Mind Flayer summon?
A: Mind Flayer is a secret summon spell that is randomly dropped as an item by Mind Flayer (Magnetic Cave). When you get one, use it as an item to make Rydia learn the spell.

Q: How do you learn the Bomb summon?
A: Bomb is a secret summon spell that is randomly dropped as an item by Balloon (Tower of Babel, lunar overworld) and Dark Grenade (lunar overworld). When you get one, use it as an item to make Rydia learn the spell.

--------------------
The world before the fall...
Delightful is the light of dawn...
Noble is the heart of man...
Post #126780
Posted: 16th August 2006 19:29

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Q: Cecil fights Cecil! How can I win?
A: Just don't do a move. You should heal yourself if your HP drops too much. Then the illusion fades and Cecil becomes a Paladin.

--------------------
Ask me ANY FFV question! PM me!
Sorry if I dissapoint you but I have nothing to do with hacking...
Post #128479
Posted: 16th August 2006 20:21

Black Mage

Awards:
Q #1 About Zeromus' Big Bang attack, can you somehow evade the attack?

Q #2 The Hero Shield in the GBA version (You get it from a dragon called Brachioraidos), do they only absorb Glare, Holy attacks and elemental attacks???

--------------------
Profanity is for those who lack the intelligence and imagination to otherwise express themselves.

Revelation 19-22
----------------------------------------
Favorite FF -------------- FFVI
Favorite FF character - Unsure (Setzer or Vivi)
Favorite FF songs ----- FFVI
Favorite Esper: Ragnarok
Favorite Magic: Ultima
Post #128488
Posted: 16th August 2006 21:32

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd June 2003 11:33)

Read the thread, please.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #128506
Posted: 23rd August 2006 00:23

Black Mage

Awards:
About Zeromus's Big Bang attack, can you evade it?
No (an exception would be Edwards Hide ability or Kain's Jump ability) other than those abilities, you absolutely cannot doge the Big Bang attack.

The Hero Shield in the GBA version (You get it from a dragon called Brachioraidos), do they only absorb Glare, Holy attacks and elemental attacks???Yes, also, if you pair it with the Adamant armor and a Ribbon, you're more than good to go (your still vulnerable to Vampire and poison).

--------------------
Profanity is for those who lack the intelligence and imagination to otherwise express themselves.

Revelation 19-22
----------------------------------------
Favorite FF -------------- FFVI
Favorite FF character - Unsure (Setzer or Vivi)
Favorite FF songs ----- FFVI
Favorite Esper: Ragnarok
Favorite Magic: Ultima
Post #129102
Posted: 23rd May 2007 21:35
Returner

Awards:
how come the dark elf is impossible to defeat?
i fought my way down to him 3 times only for him to pick off my characters one by one doing 9999 damage, then i had to fiind out why on the interweb. prob used this site but cant remember

--------------------
www.dontdoitarmy.com
Post #150463
Posted: 28th May 2007 00:41

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (mmmgarry @ 23rd May 2007 17:35)
how come the dark elf is impossible to defeat?
i fought my way down to him 3 times only for him to pick off my characters one by one doing 9999 damage, then i had to fiind out why on the interweb. prob used this site but cant remember

Quote (Rangers51 @ 22nd June 2003 14:33)

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff4/walkthrough.php?chapter=15

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #150701
Posted: 29th May 2007 02:03

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Q: What is a "Spoon" item that I keep hearing about?

A: You must be playing the GBA version, which renames this item "Knife". It's the item that you receive from the events involving the Sylvan Cave, Yang, Yang's Wife, and a Frying Pan.

Q: I've been fighting tons of Bombs but I still don't have the Bomb summon! What's wrong?

A: Strange but true: the "Bomb" enemy does NOT drop the Bomb summon.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #150749
Posted: 29th May 2007 02:47

Cetra

Awards:
Amazing how often people post their own questions.

Edge sucks! I can't steal anything, not even the Dark Matter from Zeromus!

Edge's steal rate is largely affected by the difference in his level and the target's. You can increase your chances of stealing solely by levelling up. His success rate is always rather low, however, so don't expect any formidable increase after gaining a dozen levels. Very few items are worth stealing anyway.

The Elf Cave is just too hard, even without having my characters pinned down. Help?

While you're supposed to deal with having non-metallic equipment, there's a way to cheat. After entering a battle with non-metallic equipment, simply go in your item menu and change your weapon/shield to whatever you'd normally use. You'll have to do this every battle, however, and it's not such a hard dungeon anyway. The hassle may simply not be worth it.

The enemy summons take SOOO long to get! Pink tails are impossible to obtain! Wah! I don't have that kind of patience!

There's a trick here, too. Dropped items are calculated everytime you kill an enemy. NOT at the end of the battle, like one would expect. If you know exactly who'll act when, you can drop a life potion on an enemy right after killing it by targetting it before the fatal blow is given to it (life may take too long to cast to time properly.) You can repeat this as many times as you like and each time you'll earn the enemy's exp, gold, and a chance at getting the items it drops.

Obviously at least one enemy must be alive at all times or the fight will end. And once an enemy is gone, it's gone, so if you mess up and kill it before being able to target it, you'll have to wait until you encounter some more (unless there are other enemies left in the encounter.)

What's this I hear about skipping the seal cave? The boss and the doors are just too hard!

That's enough cheating out of you for one day, spanky!

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #150751
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: