CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Toughest ff7 boss?

Posted: 30th May 2009 21:38

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN EPL, 2010. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Besides the super bosses carry armor wasn't that bad.

Not knowing you could switch out your team to stop him from healing, bizarro sephiroth was the hardest. (safer form being a close second)

This post has been edited by Messier17 on 30th May 2009 21:38

--------------------
If god is all-forgiving then why do we have to kill people in his name?
Post #177866
Posted: 8th June 2009 17:29

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
for story bosses i would say demon wall cause i dont use aerith that much and she basicclly the weakest party member for me and shes stuck in your party
for side quests i say yuffies dad cause i didnt train yuffie that much either

--------------------
I remember... That night, we talked for the first time. I
didn't know it then, but after that night, everything changed. For everyone...
For me...
~Tidus
Post #178162
Posted: 9th June 2009 06:05

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I find Emerald more difficult than Ruby, honestly. Mostly because of Aire Tam Storm, which is a guaranteed kill if you have lots of Materia equipped.

Ruby is easy enough to beat if you know what you are doing. Luck is a factor, but not a huge one. Coin Toss anyone?

(I do not use cheesy Limit+Mime or KoR+Mime strategies. Ever.)

As far as storyline bosses, Demon Wall can be tricky, esp. if Aerith is under level par. Other than that, um...yeah, not a lot sticks out. The Turks in the sewer at the end of the game. And maybe Rapps.
Post #178170
Posted: 9th June 2009 11:13

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
That's true. I found the Turks difficult to steal from on my first time playing. These were the days before Sneak Glove. I think I had Barret stealing throughout the entire battle while the other two desperately healed everyone. It was worth it in the end though.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #178171
Posted: 17th June 2009 23:24
Returner

Ruby weapon is the hardest boss in the game period.

Emerald weapon was a joke. Your party makeup should be Cloud w/ Omnislash, Cid w/ Highwind, and Barret w/ Ungarmax.

All you have to do is engage in a battle and raise everyone's limits to max then kill monsters with magic and use a tent. Save the game and head to Junon.

Just outside of Junon, ready your full-limit party with the 7777 trick before going underwater. To do this you simply kill all but one monster with magic, use magic to damage each character in your party to below 7777, mini and manipulate the remaining monster and attack each member of your party until all of their last two HP digits end in 77. Finally, kill the monster with magic without allowing it a chance to hit your party again. At this point the battle will end and everyone in your party should have HP ending in XX77. For example, Cloud 6577, Barret 6977, Cid 6577.

Save your game and then use potions and hi-potions to bring everyone's HP up to 7777 before heading underwater. Use ethers and hi-ethers to bring MP up to full and save the game again.

By now you should be ready to head underwater and kill Emerald weapon. Your team will have full limits and all 7777's. You will start off the fight with insane damage, follow up with Omnislash, Highwind, and Ungarmax all hitting for 7777, and then follow that up with KOTR on W-Summon. This should be enough to decimate Emerald weapon!
Post #178336
Posted: 18th June 2009 11:36
Returner

usually takes more than 1 wsummon+ KOTR 4+ easy after the 7777 and limits
Post #178345
Posted: 19th June 2009 00:49

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Of course Emerald and Ruby are the hardest of all the bosses, but they are OPTIONAL, so they don't coun't.

I choose DEMON WALL, the first time I fought that guy I had to spend some serious time leveling up. Next time around I made sure I had that NAIL BAT and Cloud on Hyper! Mode.

Also, getting Kjata kelps out a lot before going into the Temple!

--------------------
PS3 tag: TipoDLuffy

"...quite possibly the greatest game ever made"
Post #178364
Posted: 19th June 2009 01:11

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Boneloaf @ 17th June 2009 18:24)
Ruby weapon is the hardest boss in the game period.

Emerald weapon was a joke. Your party makeup should be Cloud w/ Omnislash, Cid w/ Highwind, and Barret w/ Ungarmax.

All you have to do is engage in a battle and raise everyone's limits to max then kill monsters with magic and use a tent. Save the game and head to Junon.

Just outside of Junon, ready your full-limit party with the 7777 trick before going underwater. To do this you simply kill all but one monster with magic, use magic to damage each character in your party to below 7777, mini and manipulate the remaining monster and attack each member of your party until all of their last two HP digits end in 77. Finally, kill the monster with magic without allowing it a chance to hit your party again. At this point the battle will end and everyone in your party should have HP ending in XX77. For example, Cloud 6577, Barret 6977, Cid 6577.

Save your game and then use potions and hi-potions to bring everyone's HP up to 7777 before heading underwater. Use ethers and hi-ethers to bring MP up to full and save the game again.

By now you should be ready to head underwater and kill Emerald weapon. Your team will have full limits and all 7777's. You will start off the fight with insane damage, follow up with Omnislash, Highwind, and Ungarmax all hitting for 7777, and then follow that up with KOTR on W-Summon. This should be enough to decimate Emerald weapon!

That's cheap, though. I would never do that.
Post #178366
Posted: 22nd June 2009 00:33

Returner

I didn't die once to any of the bosses throughout the main plot. Without proper preparation, Rapps and Emerald/Ruby Weapon are the only ones that give any trouble.

Rapps;;
If you went at this guy without building up your limits first, you were screwed. Also, if you didn't use Barret, did use Yuffie, or both (like me), this fight became considerably harder. However, he could be easily taken out by using Barret's Mindblow limit to drain all his MP for Aero 3, and bashing with your other characters' limits and regular attacks (Hi-Potion when necessary)

Emerald Weapon;;
What made him hard was that, while other bosses are pushovers when you overlevel, you really couldn't be too strong for this fight. Even maxing all your stats with sources and having a bottomless supply of Megalixirs (W-Item Cheat/ALOT of Chocobo Racing), this guy was still difficult. A favorite way for me was one HP-Up and a bunch of Counters, all mastered, with Final Attack-Phoenix on one of my character's. This takes him out pretty quickly if you can just keep your HP high.

Ruby Weapon;;

As with Emerald, maxed out characters don't do much here. If you don't know to have two people killed when you fight him, you'll have alot of trouble here, and if you don't know not to attack him, he'll whirlsand 2 of your character's and he becomes a solo fight. He's much more difficult than Emerald because instead of variable damage, Ruby attacks with normal attacks, countering with Ultima. His HUGE weakness, as many know, is his ability to be stopped/paralyzed. W-Summon Hades and KoR, MimeMimeMime etc. should take him out with no problem. If an attack does get through, just use a Megalixir; even if you don't have alot, this is probably the last thing you'll fight in this game.

My vote goes to Emerald Weapon for 3 reasons.
1) Unlike his Ruby counterpart, he CANNOT be stopped/paralyzed
2) When his "eyes" are present, he get's 5 attacks per turn
3) He has an attack that can instantly kill all of your party members that have 9 or more materia on them.

This post has been edited by ParadoxValentine on 22nd June 2009 00:36
Post #178433
Posted: 6th July 2009 01:31

Returner

mm.. let's see, aside from the weapons I have trouble with:
demons gate. he killed me twice, i mean, magic doesnt do a thing on him and u have aerith in ur party. really bad.
godo. i had a hard time on this one cuz yuffie wasnt really leveled up so. i fight over 10 times till i got tired, and went on with the story, I came back more prepared and kicked his ass. but it was still hard.
the flying stuff that corneo throws at u in wutai: u dont have any materia, and I wasnt well leveled up. so. he kill me three times I think. i had to buy a lot of materia items after that so I could beat him.

I gotta say bizarro-sephiroth and safer-sephiroth was a peachy n.n it didnt gave me any trouble. and I didnt even used KoRT on safer.
the sidequests and the gelnika-morph-all was all it took. u just gotta have patience. that's all.
Post #179097
Posted: 30th July 2009 23:52
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
It's gotta be Carry Armor and Demon Wall for me. Carry Armor can grab two of your characters and have them disabled for a while. Not to mention that the Lapis Laser attack is a very annoying one.

Demon Wall, holy shit... only Bahamut makes a decent damage against him. The rest gotta be physical attacks, and Aeris (which is a forced character at that point) isn't that strong.

Gi Nattack and his Soulfires can be annoying as well. But some well casted Aqualungs make him suffer big time.

Diamond Weapon can be very tough as well. If you aren't properly equipped (no Ribbons), his Diamond Flash attack will make you suffer big time.

And well, Rapps and his Aero3 attack. Of course, he's fucking difficult because you don't have any materia with you. pinch.gif

Materia Keeper and his counterattacks are also tough. And if he uses a Trine attack as well, oh my... however, if you get a Bolt Ring (from the sleeping guy that knows how many times you have escaped) and use a Elemental-Lightning and Elemental-Rahum materia (in the armor of course) in each character, then the Trine attack is history. Just worry about his physical counterattacks.

And yes, Emerald is harder than Ruby. Specially because of that Paralyze weakness... and because Emerald has a one hit-instant kill move. Come on, who fights the weapons with very few materia? In fact, I use those two fights to max out materia... their 50,000 AP points aren't meant to be wasted.

This post has been edited by edgemty on 30th July 2009 23:57

--------------------
Yep, I'm here.
Post #180030
Posted: 17th September 2011 21:07

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Yes, I agree that the weapons are in a different league to the ordinary boss fights.

Ruby was the hardest for me, I wouldn't have been able to finish that fight without looking up strategies first. Then Emerald was a tough fight too.

For the normal bosses I had trouble with the Lost Number after opening the safe in Shinra Mansion, I died once or twice. I didn't find the Demon's Gate hard at all actually! And yeah the Materia Keeper was harrrd! Oh and Proud Clod in Midgar, that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! dry.gif

--------------------
"Please don't give me all my luck now. Make it all stretch. I don't mind waiting. Make it stretch for 70 years. "
Robert Pattinson

"You just don't get it do you? There's not a thing I don't cherish!"
Cloud Strife, FFVII: AC

Games Complete: FFVII, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, FFVIII, FFXII, FFXIII, FFXIII-2
Post #197446
Posted: 11th November 2012 23:32

Returner

Honestly for me. excluding Emerald and Ruby, Professor Hojo was the hardest. I had used up all ma potions+ hi-potions in the fight with "Gyahaha and Kyahaha" so i was quite stuck in that area between them. and thee fact that he had three forms really pissed me off. I think that carry armor was quite easy because all i had enough prep time.

--------------------
Just, one more thing... the people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.
Post #201519
Posted: 27th November 2012 15:35

Returner

Awards:
When I played through FF7 I gave both Emerald and Ruby a wide berth, so the hardest boss I've fought so far would have to be Proud Clod (Proud Cloud?), with the Twinhead/Schizo boss a close second. I had two goes at PC, and found I wasn't at a high enough level, so I had to go back a ways and do some level grinding and I beat him relatively easily second time. Twinhead/Schizo caused me problems too, though that was mostly my own fault - I blithely summoned Ifrit without bothering to check the boss's elemental properties and accidentally healed half the boss right there. Next attack I killed the other head, and was nearly wiped out by the counter it launched at me . ohmy.gif I managed to survive the battle though - just.

--------------------
I'm never relaxed
Even when I say I am
I'm always on the alert
Looking for the problem
Post #201581
Posted: 13th October 2014 08:28

Cactuar

Awards:
Been ages since I've played. The Turks final battle sticks out yet even that wasn't painful. Another way to ask is 'the point in the game that made you suffer the most.'

It's always the grinding to be perfect. You'll eventually beat the game that way since you can beat it normally anyway. wink.gif

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #207549
Posted: 28th November 2014 00:12

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has consistent difficulty with the bloody demon wall. I tend to over-prepare for the Weapons, so even including them, the wall is still always my hardest boss.

Great Gospel is a huge help, though.

--------------------
I shall now return to my cave
Post #207782
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: