CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Character relationships

Posted: 3rd March 2005 00:57

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
ok, i dunno if im the only one whos done this... i hope not cuz then im gonna sound super dumb. oh well.

so do any of you ever make up lil relationships between your characters? i mean, like, some of them dont like eachother, some do, some really like eachother (opposite genders). i do, well i mostly did in the beginning. i had Ramza, Marty, Reda, Jessica, and Mustadio. well... reda and mustadio liked eachother, and since reda was a chemist mustdaio tauhgt her how to use a gun, and they had like, whole gun scenes thatd look cool in a movie or anime. and marty was a knight, while jessica was a wizard, and even tho they started out questioning eachothers methods they eventually fell in love and when i fought at fort zeakden, jessica got killed (not permanently), so marty went into a blind rage and he was the one to finish off algus (so anime, i know). i never made ramza like anyone, cuz there just wasnt anyone for him... but when i started getting more ppl certain relationships did form... and one thing i never do is put ramza and orlandu together because they tend to compete, and malak and marty do too, and rad's scared of robots so him and worker 8 dont-

ok, sorry, im babbling... so do any of you do this or am i just a loser? eh.gif

--------------------
"You and I have unfinished business, and not a goddamn fucking thing you've done in the subsequent four years, including getting knocked up, is gonna change that."
Beatrix Kiddo, Kill Bill vol.1
Post #74940
Posted: 3rd March 2005 02:11

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I always thought Ovelia and Agrias might have an interesting relationship going on.

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #74943
Posted: 3rd March 2005 06:13

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, I suppose I've done that without being self-conscious of it. Just fickle little scenarios and episodes between Ramza and Junk (name I always give to a male Oracle) where they go into battle alone and wallop the competition, and others.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #74956
Posted: 3rd March 2005 12:54

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I can't say that I exercise "character relationships" with the same gusto as BM0 does, but I have my little whims.

Worker 8 and Mustadio always go together, because Worker 8 needs a chemist for recovery and they're both long range characters. Whenever I put in one of my generic kunoichis (Mary and Alice in my most recent game) I usually team her up with my super-dragoon McDohl to tank for her (I gave up spamming Chantages awhile ago), although I admittedly didn't dream up a romance between any of them. I also tend to seperate Ramza and Orlandu, if for no other reason that they're my most unreasonably powerful characters and steal the show too often even if they're alone. They only romance I ever thought up was the obvious one between Reis and Beowulf, but I don't make a point of always teaming them up.

--------------------
Post #74961
Posted: 3rd March 2005 13:58

Cactuar

Awards:
I have always had Agrais (Holy Knight/ Samuri) like my Ninja, just because she has all the healing skills and he "Stole her heart." laugh.gif

--------------------
"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
~Barack Obama
Post #74967
Posted: 3rd March 2005 14:06

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Agrias and Ramza were secret lovers, you know. Did you guys not get the Japan version of the game? There was this whole cutscene with Ramza and Agrias where they held hands and looked out over the sunset and everything....

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #74968
Posted: 3rd March 2005 14:17

Returner

Awards:
Oh my god! are you serious about that whole ramza/agrias love thing??... or am i just being gullible like always... um well anyways... ok, so i guess my uncontrollable mind went to far extremes alone huh? im the only one who put marty and jessica together to combo their knight/ wizard love attacks?... whew~, guess so... oh well.

--------------------
"You and I have unfinished business, and not a goddamn fucking thing you've done in the subsequent four years, including getting knocked up, is gonna change that."
Post #74971
Posted: 3rd March 2005 15:04

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2006. 
Hamedo speaks the truth. In fact, I incorporated that little tidbit into my storyline at HoI. smile.gif
Post #74976
Posted: 3rd March 2005 15:23

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Remember the scene in Mandalia Plains, where the sun is setting and Ramza and Delita play the reed flutes together and talk of the past?

The scene with Agrias is much the same. The lighting gives you the feeling that it's dusk, and it takes place at Bariaus Valley, where you rescue Agrias. The scene takes place right after you rescue her, in fact.

Ramza and Agrias sit on the little island section of the map and talk of their lives, and what they want for the future. They start holding hands during their conversation. wub.gif

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #74978
Posted: 3rd March 2005 18:14

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Black Mage_0 @ 3rd March 2005 09:17)
im the only one who put marty and jessica together to combo their knight/ wizard love attacks?...

Ummm... keep in mind that your starting generics have randomly generated names... I usually get rid of mine and replace them with recruited ones so I can name them myself and get good Brave and Faith stats.

--------------------
Post #74991
Posted: 3rd March 2005 21:56

Engineer

Awards:
I KNEW Ramza was checking out her butt at Barius Hill!

lol, but seriously, that solves the problem. This is one of the only FFs not to include a chick for the main character. FFT had...Alma. And they're...family. Ick. wacko.gif

--------------------
"Dance, water, dance!"
-Demyx, Kingdom Hearts II

"I met my love before I was born..."
-AFI, 'Love Like Winter' from 'Decemberunderground'

Currently Playing: Guitar Hero, Shadow of the Colossus
Post #75012
Posted: 4th March 2005 01:42

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Ramza and Meliadoul seem like a good couple. Then, Delita and Balmafula and also Agrias and T.G. Cid for some reason. I sent them into a random battle by themselves and they took care of all the enemies(5 Floating Deaths) with their Statis Sword and Lightning Stab.
Definitely Cloud and Aerith as a couple. Even in other games they look cool(FFT and KH).

--------------------
Yunalesca: "Hope is...comforting. It allows us to accept fate, however tragic it might be. "

Yunalesca: "Poor creature. You would throw away hope. Well... I will free you before you can drown in your sorrow. It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. "
Post #75042
Posted: 4th March 2005 03:49

Engineer

Awards:
Orlandu and Agrias?
EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww.

--------------------
"Dance, water, dance!"

Post #75050
Posted: 4th March 2005 12:32

Returner

Awards:
i NEVER get rid of my generics, its all part of the game, i always keep em and train them up as my main party, atleast till i put in beowulf and worker 8, but i still have em, just in my secondary and third parties.

so agrias and ramza huh? wierd... yet very understandable, i guess its not that suprising. yeah, thats one thing i liked about fft, it didnt go along with the whole ff formula like all the others tend to. now i LOVE final fantasy, no doubt, but the formula is that a male warrior-type dude (usually an average guy turned magical), falls in love with a mage-ish girl. this one was different as far as the main characters relationship is concerned... um wait, but didnt

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
agrias die?

if so, than that sucks for ramza... that did happen right? thats what i remember, so long ago tho...

--------------------
Post #75073
Posted: 4th March 2005 14:24

Engineer

Awards:
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
No. You can keep her the entire game.

This post has been edited by Shinjutsei on 4th March 2005 14:24

--------------------
"Dance, water, dance!"

Post #75077
Posted: 4th March 2005 19:19

Lunarian

Awards:
I've always pictured Ramza and Agrias as a couple for some reason. I always have Rafa and Malak in the same fights together (when I do keep them) and Reis and Beowulf, in my games, are never apart once they join the party. And Worker 8 never goes anywhere without Mustadio. Just the way I play biggrin.gif . Delita may have loved Ovelia, but who wouldn't he love to be the King of Ivalice?

This post has been edited by FabulousFreebird on 4th March 2005 19:19

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #75094
Posted: 4th March 2005 20:42

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Now I feel that I am not alone T_T
Yes, I invent character relationships in Tactical RPG games (Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics ) since the generic characters aren't restricted by any kind of story.
I had 2 generic male characters ( I forgot the names) that made a friendship during the battles. Everything was well...until Gafgarion killed one of them and I ran out of Phoenix Downs....it felt like if he had killed a major character because I became used to narrate their heroism ( sort of a friendship like Snake and Otacon from MGS )

Also, I like to relate Ramza and Meliadoul. They make a better couple...also..I think Agrias is kind of old for Ramza.

--------------------
x_X
Post #75104
Posted: 4th March 2005 20:56

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
I never thought Ramza would match with Agrias, but the Japanese version thing is cool. Contrarily, I imagined that everyone hated Agrias and that she had to win them over, because while she's an NPC she hits your guys with Stasis Sword if they're next to her target.... stupid Agrias!

Other than that, I usually make up personalities of characters and imagine what they're thinking during battles and stuff. I usually don't take it to the falling-in-love level, but it's all fun.

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #75108
Posted: 5th March 2005 11:06

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
This will probably get me smacked, but I think Ramza and Alma are the primary couple of the game. I mean, they are just way too into each other. They may be siblings, but that doesn't mean they can't have a romantic angle to their relationship. Though they probably don't. Either way, the siblings are too important to each other for either of them to focus on anyone else, you ask me.

Same goes for Rafa and Malak.

I figured Ramza, Agrias, and Mustadio became realy close friends.

However, I always imagined Agrias would hook up with Mustadio. Dunno why. Maybe its the laid back attitude of the Engineer playing off the uptight attitdue of the knight.

I picture Rad switching back and forth between Alicia and Lavian, until they just decide to say screw it and have a three-way relationship.

I always thought my (generic) Bard and Dancer were pretty feisty together.

And of course, all my monsters were pimps, plain and simple. Always laying eggs like it was Easter or something... yeesh.

My Living Bone and Revanent I kinda pictured being these old soldiers that had died and retained just enough memory to fight for a human cause, and joined Ramza. However, they could also be ancenstors of one of my generics, setting up an even more awkward relationship between them and the humans.

Anyway, I'm glad the game didn't make a big deal about romance. There are many character relationships that simply get ruined, and hence the story gets ruined, by forcing a romantic match-up on them.

--------------------
And behold, I saw a Pale Gaming System, and the name of he who rode it was Squaresoft, and Enix followed him.
Post #75163
Posted: 5th March 2005 22:24

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, I kinda do this. I drop all the generics and get some named after my friends. From there, I go by which actually like eachother. My friend Anthony hates my friend Trevor, therefore; they never work together. My brother Nate also doesn't like Trevor, so they never work together either, etc.
Seems no one likes Trevor, when I started writing this entry I thought it'd be more complex. Guess not biggrin.gif
Post #75196
Posted: 19th March 2005 05:48

Engineer

Awards:
Wow...I can say, in all honestly, that i've never thought up little relationships for members of my team. I actually thought it was kinda cool that this is one game where the main characters don't fall in love with anyone...except of course...in that scene that was in the japanese version, but cut, where agrias falls in love with velius, and then...but i've said too much already.

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #76658
Posted: 19th March 2005 14:16

Lunarian

Awards:
Based on what she says when you press the "select button" on Meliadoul's name when she joins you, she seems to be the most love-starved, so why not have her one of your men, if not Ramza?

This post has been edited by FabulousFreebird on 19th March 2005 14:17

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #76689
Posted: 15th February 2015 04:53
Returner

For people who ship Agrias and Ramza there are good news, they came adventuring to "Land of Acheron". They even have official artwork, even it not canon its still made me very happy. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by db84x on 15th February 2015 04:58
Post #208187
Posted: 14th June 2018 21:26
Returner

Judging by the replies, I feel like a lot of you read Manga. Can't say I ever imagined that they were having relationships.

One thing I think the game did pretty well was illustrate the relationships that they wanted you to know existed without adding too much mushy stuff.

Did anyone else pick up the conversation between the Duke at Riovanes and Rafa? He seems to allude to doing awful things to her...
Post #214951
Posted: 15th June 2018 01:32

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (FFTAlex @ 14th June 2018 16:26)
Judging by the replies, I feel like a lot of you read Manga. Can't say I ever imagined that they were having relationships.

One thing I think the game did pretty well was illustrate the relationships that they wanted you to know existed without adding too much mushy stuff.

Did anyone else pick up the conversation between the Duke at Riovanes and Rafa? He seems to allude to doing awful things to her...

Letty throwing that guy over the edge of his own castle is my favorite visual from that scene. Celia and Letty aren't exactly the most sympathetic characters in the game, but Barinten really has it coming.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214954
Posted: 19th June 2018 09:02
Returner

I remember making all my characters' job to be monks. It was super cool because they are strong in both short & long range.
Post #214988
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: