CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
New Way to Make Fast Gil in FF1

Posted: 2nd September 2012 09:23
Returner

Hello everyone,

I decided to make an entirely new thread about this as I felt it to be that amazing of a discovery (so I will feel very stupid if it has already been discovered). On the PSP remake of FF1, and maybe even the original, after obtaining the Mystic Key you can enter rooms that you could not before. In these rooms there are usually chests. When you try to open these chests, you are ambushed by monsters. Now, I am not certain if this is true for all rooms unlocked by the Mystic Key, but for the one in the Western Keep, the monsters do not spawn when you open the chest. If you open the chest from the side, they don't spawn. The monsters only spawn when you walk on the square directly in front of the chest. I have not tested this completely, but so far I am sure that if you do not leave the room you can keep fighting mobs if you keep walking on the square directly in front of a chest (I have checked now. You can leave the room to do something else, and then come back to it at your leisure). These monsters are high in attack, but a mob of 5 of these monsters just gave me more than 1000 gil. I am level 15 right now, so if you are at that level, this is a brilliant way to make gil fast.

So far, I have seen these monsters spawn in groups of 2 or more:
Wraiths
Mummies

Things to be Done:
Check how many of the rooms unlocked by the Mystic Key have these respawning mobs.

Cake out.

P.S. If this has already been discovered, sorry!

This post has been edited by CakeforPresident on 2nd September 2012 12:24
Post #200945
Posted: 6th September 2012 02:19

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2017. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Member of more than five years. 
That is indeed a quick way to make Gil. Have you heard of the Peninsula of Power trick? Or the Equipment Creation glitch? Both are easier ways to make money, but the equipment creation glitch only works on the PSP version.
Post #200960
Posted: 6th September 2012 10:53

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (LeviathanMist @ 5th September 2012 21:19)
That is indeed a quick way to make Gil. Have you heard of the Peninsula of Power trick? Or the Equipment Creation glitch? Both are easier ways to make money, but the equipment creation glitch only works on the PSP version.

Yep, the former I told him about in his earlier thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #200962
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: