CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Four Job Fiesta

Posted: 27th June 2015 14:04

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Quote (Malevolence @ 27th June 2015 03:31)
I got Monk as my second job. So with the absolute worst possible combination of jobs that doesn't include Berserker, I kept moving forward. Inside the fire ship I find that with these two jobs Liquid Flame is literally unbeatable.

It counters every physical attack (which is all I have) with an attack that hits the whole party for 1/4 to 1/3 of our health. The only healing items available are potions which cannot possibly keep us ahead of the damage.

Since I have no money for spending on the Job Fair I guess my run is over. Try again next year.

Ugh, that's the worst, mal. Maybe someone will have advice?

I just got my second job, and it's Mystic Knight. Certainly a doable run, since my first job was White Mage, though with low damage output it's going to make dungeons a bit of a drag.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #209304
Posted: 27th June 2015 14:49

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I may as well have just gotten 4 berzerkers for all thr good these two classes do against this boss.

EDIT: Oh god I've been playing it in a skype call and I found the worst strategy. We now enter literally hour two of waiting for my monks to counterattack.

EDIT2: Welp. Got Berserker. How screwed am I?

This post has been edited by Malevolence on 27th June 2015 16:05

--------------------
moé in the streets, senpai in the sheets
Post #209307
Posted: 27th June 2015 19:05

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Play is going well for me. I finished my ABP grinding in the Wind Shrine, leaving with 16 elixirs -- nice! My white mages lost on their first try against Garula, so for the second try I stuck them in the back row and made sure to cast Protect, which helped a lot. We were at level 13 when we beat Garula.

I switched to three Red Mages and one White Mage after the water crystal. We had no problem beating Shiva at level 14. I was at level 16 when we beat Liquid Flame, and 17 for Iron Claw. I didn't get all of the chests in Karnak Castle; in retrospect I probably did have time to do so, but was uncertain how much time I'd need for Iron Claw.

Since I will be offline tomorrow, I went ahead and tweeted for both the Fire and Earth jobs. I got Geomancer and Chemist. I'm pretty pleased with that.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #209310
Posted: 27th June 2015 22:13

Black Waltz

Awards:
I've somehow managed to make it it as far as the Earth Job.

EDIT: I should credit this to DP and Neal who told me I could steal hi-potions easily in the ship graveyard. That turned out to be completely wrong because they don't know bins about FF5. So then i went into the Fire Ship where you can actually get Hi-Potions easily.

I got Bard. So that's 3 punchmen 2 punchmen, a knifeman, and a dude to play fight music for them. Good thing I've been brushing up on my piano skills

EDIT2: Against all odds, the Fiesta has been saved. In fact, I declare the Fiesta officially started.

Why? I managed to steal the Gaia Hammer.

This post has been edited by Malevolence on 28th June 2015 00:55

--------------------
Post #209311
Posted: 29th June 2015 17:14

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Congrats on getting the Gaia Hammer!

I've been really pleased with my job combo (White Mage, Red Mage, Geomancer and Chemist). Play continues to go well for me.

We took on Ifrit at level 17. I lost Bartz (a red mage) but got him back up before the battle ended. Byblos at level 17 was no problem, with my red mages casting Fira and using the Geomancer's !Gaia.

On my way to Jachol I died twice to Bio Soldiers, grr. Managed to make it there safely on the third try.

Level 18, took on Ramuh - easy. Blizarra'd and !Gaia'd him to death.

I was level 19 for the Sandworm (Bartz was still level 18). It was a long fight, and I had to use an Ether for Faris, my white mage, but the fight itself was pretty easy, just long.

Crayclaw, level 19 - super easy with my two red mages using Coral Swords.

Adamantoise, level 19 - ridiculously easy. Four Blizzaras and 2 !Gaia's and he was dead.

The Coral Swords were nice against the Flamethrowers, doing 500+ damage. Gaia also worked well, doing 600+ damage. So the Flamethrowers posed no problem for me.

I died to Soul Cannon on first try, probably because I didn't target the Launchers. Did so on the second try, which went easier. Thundara'd his butt, using 4 elixirs to replenish MP. I was level 19.

Archeoaevis - lost on first try, won on second try. !Gaia'd first form to death, then melee'd second form.

Purobolos - died to Self-Destruct on first try, won on second try. Geomancer (who has !White 6) and white mage kept them silenced, which red mage Blizarra'd.

Titan - won first try! Red mage melee'd him down while geomancer and white mage kept health up.

Manticore - same strategy as Titan. Level 21, no problem.

Looking forward to trying out Chemist with Galuf. Should be fun!

This post has been edited by AltheaValara on 29th June 2015 17:24

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #209320
Posted: 30th June 2015 14:31

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Hooray, finished my first run last night!

user posted image
user posted image

It turned into my lowest-level Fiesta ever (33/33/32/33), but that wasn't terribly difficult when I basically had two dedicated White Mages. Shell and Blink were requirements against NED, and Berserk/Shell were requirements for Shinryu. My Dancer with Chicken Knife and Rainbow Dress was doing about equal damage to my Berserker with !White 6 and Rune Axe - 50% sword dances is pretty fantastic. I wiped once to NED and zero times to any other rift bosses. White Mage is easy mode.

I tweeted out for my next run last night...and am starting with Blue Mage. cool.gif

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #209321
Posted: 30th June 2015 16:25

Black Waltz

Awards:
user posted image
My first time beating Final Fantasy 5! It's a damn fun game with a really deep class system. If someone had told me how deep the cross-classing gets instead of just telling me story stuff, I would've played this years ago.

Gonna go for Omega since apparently having a Bard means I get a free kill.Neal is a liar, so I'm just gonna start another run.

This post has been edited by Malevolence on 30th June 2015 16:52

--------------------
Post #209322
Posted: 1st July 2015 18:35

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Congrats on beating the game, Malevolence! The class system is why Final Fantasy V is one of my favorite games. I really have a lot of fun with it.

When last we left, I had just finished world 1. I changed Galuf to Chemist as soon as I had control of him. This posed some difficulty in Exdeath's castle, as I died to a four-pack of tarantulas. I made it safely to Gilgamesh on the second try, and used !Red Fira spells against him to win easily.

Gaia's Wind Slash was very powerful against enemies on the Big Bridge. The second battle with Gilgamesh was tough when we got to the second form; he went jump-crazy and I died on the first try. On the second try I put Protect up, and the Ancient Sword seemed to proc because it did the animation. Gilgamesh's melee hits were doing zero damage. He also didn't jump for joy the second try like he did on the first try, so I won the battle. I was level 22.

Tyrannosaur, level 23 - chemist tossed Hi-Potions at him, Geomancer Gaia'd, Red Mage cast Cura on him, and white mage healed party. No problem.

Abductor (2) went down in five hits. Heh.

Dragon Pod, level 24 - was easy thanks to Gaia wiping out the flowers each cast.

Golem fight - Chemist and Red Mage Fira'd the dragons. I wasn't sure if I had to heal Golem or not; I was paranoid, so my Geomancer and White Mage did so. Easy win.

Died on first try against Gilgamesh/Enkidu. Second try went better, but still died. Got him on the third try, when I focused on killing Gilgamesh first (I had been trying to kill Enkidu first).

Yesterday I spent the entire day on the first level of the barrier tower, farming Reflect Rings. It took ages. My red mage was in the ~500 ABP when we started, and was over 800 when we finished.

This morning I went up the tower. I was unlucky in that both Red Dragons came out as back attacks, and so I lost the first try against them. Won both on the second try, however.

Atomos. Oh, I hate Atomos. It's my most unfavorite boss in the game. I've tried three times, and have lost each time. I didn't have access to the walkthrough, though, so I forgot that you can sleep him. I'm going to try that next time.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #209323
Posted: 11th July 2015 20:08

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
'grats, Mal! And to think, you were ready to call it off tongue.gif

Meanwhile, I finally beat ArcheoAvis and have gotten my fourth job, meaning that my team looks like:
White Mage
MKnightShyamalan
Geoprancer
Chemist

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #209336
Posted: 12th July 2015 02:58

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Finished my second run today. Also I pretty much started it today, too, since I was barely past the Steamship this morning. Weekends are good.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Triple Crown, since with a Time Mage you can cheese the hell out of the superbosses!

--------------------
Post #209337
Posted: 13th July 2015 13:29

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Third run. Thief/Time/Knight/Zerk. Already amazing. Especially because....

user posted image

No two things are not dead.

I'm about to enter the second world, at which point I will murder a lot of statues.

This post has been edited by Neal on 13th July 2015 13:29

--------------------
Post #209338
Posted: 13th July 2015 18:13

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I'm stuck on Shinryu. I feel I should be able to beat him with my team (Red Mage, White Mage, Geomancer with !White 6, and a Chemist) but I'm having no luck. I tried to set Darkness with a Dark Gas mix, but it wasn't sticking. I see the Walkthrough says to use Dark Sigh instead, so I'll give that a try next time.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #209340
Posted: 13th July 2015 19:34

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Quote (AltheaValara @ 13th July 2015 12:13)
I'm stuck on Shinryu. I feel I should be able to beat him with my team (Red Mage, White Mage, Geomancer with !White 6, and a Chemist) but I'm having no luck. I tried to set Darkness with a Dark Gas mix, but it wasn't sticking. I see the Walkthrough says to use Dark Sigh instead, so I'll give that a try next time.

It'll take some plinking, but you can Berserk him with your White Mage and then spam Blink (or whatever the White Magic for image is) and he'll never be able to hurt you. Setting Darkness on him will only make it easier so you won't have to reapply Image as well, and you can get some Chicken Knife hits in with your Red Mage. You can probably then drain him dry with Succubus Kiss but I'm not sure on that (when I've fought him with a white mage in my party I've always had a solid source of physical damage).

--------------------
Post #209341
Posted: 13th July 2015 20:59

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Eleventh time's the charm, lol. I was able to set Darkness with Dark Sigh before he even got Tidal Wave off. I made sure to set Berserk as soon as I could (the mistake I made on my tenth try was waiting until my party was back on its feet - never got a chance to Berserk him before he killed us). I then basically Dragon Breath'd him to death. I did have a few deaths because I didn't think about setting Blink, but since everyone could raise, deaths weren't an issue.

edit: Neo Exdeath was no problem. It was a long fight, but I was never in any danger. I liked Gaia's Wind Slash a lot. I really think my Geomancer deserves MVP, what with the powerful Gaia and the nice Find Pits and Light Step abilities.

Tweeted for my second run and got Black Mage, Summoner, Beastmaster and Dragoon. Should be fun!

This post has been edited by AltheaValara on 14th July 2015 21:15

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #209342
Posted: 18th July 2015 19:28

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Third run down! Not sure what I'll do for a third but...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Post #209374
Posted: 22nd July 2015 18:37

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I finished my second run today! I was surprised when I got a slightly different ending than the ones I had gotten on my previous plays.
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
I left Bartz dead for most of the Neo-Exdeath fight, and he didn't come back from the Void with the others. Lenna wrote the letter to Cid and Mid, not Krile. Bartz rejoins them at the Guardian Tree.

Neo Exdeath took me four tries, but wasn't too horrible. I actually had the most difficulty with the crystals in the Forest of Moore. It took me twelve tries. I was trying to target them individually, but kept dying to Aqua Breath. Finally I said screw it, changed the ability of my Beastmaster & Dragoon to Summon, and sicced Titan on the crystals. It got messy, but I won. Titan killed the Fire and Wind crystals, a Jump took care of the Water crystal, and melee/Jump took care of the Earth crystal. I was left with only Galuf, my Dragoon, standing, but I won!

I have a save state right before Omega. I did try Omega about five times, but I don't think I can win with this party setup. I did not try Shinryu.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #209402
Posted: 27th July 2015 05:19

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
So, I started this late. Got Blue Mage, which happens to be my leat favorite Wind job, but I think I can make it work. It's weird going not buying any spells, though....
Post #209422
Posted: 27th July 2015 15:54

Black Waltz

Awards:
Lemme tell you. Blue Mage in a Fiesta run is AMAZING. There are so many bosses susceptible to Lvl 5 Death and Death Claw. Plus, if you absolutely need spells, you can always break rods.

--------------------
Post #209429
Posted: 29th July 2015 03:12

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I can believe that; and being a hardcore grinder I'm sure that taking the time to find good Blue spells won't be an issue. It's really weird not having a White Mage, though; but fortunately I remembered to stock up on potions. It's also really weird not throwing Lightning at everything.
Post #209440
Posted: 10th August 2015 19:54
Returner

Quote (AltheaValara @ 22nd July 2015 18:37)
I have a save state right before Omega.  I did try Omega about five times, but I don't think I can win with this party setup.  I did not try Shinryu.

Power Staff for Berserk + Golem should make Shinryu pretty easy.
Post #209478
Posted: 21st November 2015 04:17

Black Waltz

Awards:
Hey folks! Sorry for necro'ing the thread, but i wanted to post something cool I've been working on tonight!

I figured "why should playing a Four Job Fiesta be restricted to just the summer?" and with that thought in mind mind I've created a few things

First up, I created a spreadsheet with all of the classes numbered, including special ruleset numbering! It lists the different rules as well in case you get confused!
The Four Job Fiesta Spreadsheet!

But that wasn't enough for me! I decided to create some twitter bots that tweet out Four Job Fiesta teams every 3 hours! I made ones for Normal, Team 750, Team No750, Random, and Chaos! I haven't yet figured out how to make it not tweet repeats, but when I do there will be a Classic bot as well!

Normal Fiesta
Team 750 Fiesta
Team No750 Fiesta
Random Fiesta
Chaos Fiesta

BERSERKERRISK is also not available, but when I figure it out, you can bet it will be! For Classic and/or BERSERKERRISK runs, refer to the spreadsheet and roll your classes by hand!

This post has been edited by Malevolence on 21st November 2015 05:24

--------------------
Post #209856
Posted: 6th June 2016 16:16

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Fiesta returns in a week! This year, 750 and no750 have been split out from a base class registration, so you can add it on to a different run type. For example, my first run will be a 750 (mostly magic-oriented classes) Chaos (totally randomized jobs) run, which I'm really looking forward to as a combination.

--------------------
Post #210871
Posted: 6th June 2016 17:50

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I was wondering if it was that time of year again! Yay! I really enjoyed the Fiesta last year, and am looking forward to playing again.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #210876
Posted: 6th June 2016 18:29

Black Waltz

Awards:
Already pre-reg'd! Signed myself up for a 750 run with a BERSERKERRISK!

The new rule that interests me is Upgrade. Basically anytime you get a new class, you're forced into only that class. One you get Water, you can only use water. Then only Fire, until all you have is your Earth job.

--------------------
Post #210877
Posted: 7th June 2016 15:05

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I signed up for two runs: a 750 run, and a regular run with BERSERKER RISK! Can't wait to get started.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #210884
Posted: 8th June 2016 23:47

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Never done this before but I've gone for a chaos run with Beserker risk.
Post #210885
Posted: 9th June 2016 15:16

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Same. I'm down this year. Random run with Berserker risk.

Erm.. what are the 750 options about? It's been a while since I played.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #210887
Posted: 9th June 2016 17:50

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Quote (Blinge Odonata @ 9th June 2016 09:16)
Same. I'm down this year. Random run with Berserker risk.

Erm.. what are the 750 options about? It's been a while since I played.

The 750 and No750 runs break up the available jobs into, approximately, magic-using and non-magic-using classes. "750" refers to the price of an elemental rod, because 750 runs generally involve using a lot of rod-breaking to get through some parts of the game.

750: Black Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, Red Mage, Bard, Geomancer, Dancer, Chemist
No750: Knight, Monk, Thief, Mystic Knight, Berserker, Ranger, Beastmaster, Ninja, Samurai, Lancer

In the past, they were their own run type, so if you did a 750 run, you'd get either Black, White, or Blue at the wind crystal. At the water crystal you'd get a Time Mage, Summoner, or Red Mage, at the fire crystal you'd get either a Bard or a Geomancer, and the earth crystal would give either a Dancer or Chemist. Now they're run modifiers, so you can have #random or #chaos runs that still restrict you to those jobs, which is super great.

--------------------
Post #210888
Posted: 11th June 2016 16:30

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
The opening race has started. Neal and I are kinda watching and commenting in chat some, and the CoN account is also in Twitch chat in case any of you all are watching too.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210900
Posted: 12th June 2016 15:15

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Neal's back online streaming. Twitch has recently stopped doing our automatic notifications to Twitter when he goes online, so if you're into FJF, follow our channel on Twitch to get your notifications.

https://twitch.tv/cavesofnarshe

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210904
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: